Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Global warming????

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member War's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Global warming????

Quote Quote:
    Has anyone ever heard of the scientist Steven Hawking well he says that the most current danger to our planet right now is Global warming,
    Yeah I have. That's probably because Global Warming has alot of destructive power and is the hardest to prevent. At my country, it doesn't even snow. =(

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xantos
    Yeah I have. That's probably because Global Warming has alot of destructive power and is the hardest to prevent. At my country, it doesn't even snow. =(
    did it used to snow?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member War's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    did it used to snow?
    Nope. It never did. My country's very near to the equator.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xantos
    Nope. It never did. My country's very near to the equator.
    lol well if it never snowed before I doubt that it will ever snow and since it's near the equater that solidifies my statement now it would be scary if it did snow or if it was getting colder there then our global warming problem will be dangerous because it wouldn't be global warming

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathshadow25
    I bought the movie " An Inconvenient Truth"
    you bought it... ha ha ha..
    i rent it, i watch it for school..
    it funny how in IL right now the snow stop coming already (meaning late december) if i remember correctly it should stop snowing in around february or march....
    30 years from now California maybe gone and Illinois will be the new california .....

anyway i wish US elected the next president that gonna take this topic into real seriously huge action or something...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish so myself. this is a matter not to be trifled with. you know how the purpose of man is to pass on their genes well the purpose of man is also to take care of the planet and ensure a future so our genes may continue to carry on.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

You hear it more all the time like bears are skipping hibernation and flowers bloom in the winter that should bloom in spring. These little things are being ignored thou they are a sign how badly it’s going.

You guessed it time to go back to the time of the blade :P

ps it stopped snowing in the winter here to. ><
    OMG so much empty space down here i rly gotta make a zoro sig :P<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; \/<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; .

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah actually on the weather forcast I heard that there was a possiblility of snow so I'm crossing my fingers. Maybe we should start some MH organization about Global Warming. Since most of us live in different countries we can band togetherand rise as pillars in our communittee and bring the Global warming crisis to the attention of the world

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

Just in case, the effect of global warming will result in a new ice age. Warming and thawing of ice at the poles has for effect to cool down the major sea streams. So it's a long time before we all burn to crisp. We might drown and freeze, but not burn.

While humans activity certainly plays a role in it, the scale of that effect has yet to be determined. Atmospheric CO2, more generally Greenhouse effect gaz, reach 0.28%, against 99.72% OF NATURAL ORIGIN (http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html ). Scientist observing Mars also see a raise of temperature, but you can't really say that it's caused by the population there. It is very possible that this is just a natural evolution, moreso a natural cycle.

So stop panicking. Do any of you remember the ozone layer hole years ago?
    [img width=550 height=147]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2752/newsighj0.jpg[/img]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember it due to the release of ozone the atmossphere has a harder time releasing the greenhouse gases which accumalate.

I completely disagree with you that its just a natural evolution. Why would you think so? has it ever happened before I doubt it. I have more to say but I'm just a bit busy right now.

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you saying, that it is better to have a hole in the ozone layer?

Anyway I was only saying that the role of human activity in this phenomenon, more importantly its scale, is not clearly defined. It's not a matter of disagreeing or not, we don't have the datas necessary to evaluate that. We only have accurate weather datas, year for year, of tha last century or so. How old is the Earth again?
    [img width=550 height=147]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2752/newsighj0.jpg[/img]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no you must be mistaken having a hole in the Ozone Layer is a bad thing. a few billion years old but they can always do geological studies to study the weather for at least a few million years

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

Good, you got my point, which is that considering the Earth's age and the numerous cycles glaciation/warming that occured, it's unclear as of now what the role of humanity in this. However you didn't get my point about the ozone layer, which was that 10-15 years ago this hole was (supposately) gigantic and we were all going to die of sunburns. And now it's pretty much gone (the hole, not the layer). What I'm getting at is the mass medias are quick to give the public what sells and what they can immediately recognize ("it's hot, we're all fucked, global warming, goddamn chineses, Bush, etc...) but the problem is not necessarily where they point. Some sort of pre-cooked (and overcooked) info, lacking objectivity.

I agree that it's better to be careful now than be sorry later. However blaming everything on "selfish humans" is a little too much too simplistic as of now. We don't know for sure, but that shouldn't stop us from being cautious.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

but it has been proven that our actions as humans polluting and wasting energy is the catalyst of our strange weather patterns. We my also expect something remenicent of The Day After Tomorrow

Country
    Yemen
    Post Thanks / Like

It can not be proven, as the industrial age is fairly recent. As you pointed before, Earth age is in billions! What's a century? Cycle of warming/cooling have been recorded in Earth's soil many times over BILLIONS of years.Long term datas are not enough to be accurately analysed as of now. NASA is talking about global warming for about 20-30 years now, but never linked it to human activities, because scientifically it can't. We maybe a catalyst, but wouldn't these events happen without us anyway? Again, the temperature on Mars is rising, how is human activity responsible for that?

It's a human trait to think bigger than we really are. I agree that we certainely affect the climate with industrial activity, but maybe we are the drop in the ocean? Keep in mind that if one of the Earth super volcanoes decided to erupt tomorrow, no quantity of human CO2 could match that baby. I'm not even talking of the massive immediate death toll it would take. Of course if we are the drop-too much, then it's a problem .

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast