Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is left standing at the end of the battle?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Byakuya Kuchiki with relative ease.

11 39.29%
  • Byakuya Kuchiki with relative difficulty.

10 35.71%
  • Too close to tell...

3 10.71%
  • Sajin Komamura with relative difficulty.

4 14.29%
  • Sajin Komamura with relative ease.

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sajin Komamura vs Byakuya Kuchiki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sajin Komamura vs Byakuya Kuchiki

Okay im seriously suprised here. On another battleforum there was this same match up, and I couldnt believe at the one-sidedness of what some people thought the outcome would be.

Location- Fake Karakura Town,

Starting Distance - 100 metres

State of Mind- Killer Intent

Knowledge- Full Knowledge for both Byakuya and Komamura

Both start in bankai and have any equipment/technique they have previously shown.

What are the odds for each fighter? Is it a stomp or near stomp - and if so, by whom?
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sajin Komamura vs Byakuya Kuchiki

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
    Okay im seriously suprised here. On another battleforum there was this same match up, and I couldnt believe at the one-sidedness of what some people thought the outcome would be.

Location- Fake Karakura Town,

Starting Distance - 100 metres

State of Mind- Killer Intent

Knowledge- Full Knowledge for both Byakuya and Komamura

Both start in bankai and have any equipment/technique they have previously shown.

What are the odds for each fighter? Is it a stomp or near stomp - and if so, by whom?
    I may be the only one who says this, since Byakuya has tons of more fans, but Sajin would win with relative difficulty. Senbonzakura's microscopic cuts aren't going to do sh*t to kokoju tengen myouou. Myouou is also way to big and powerful for Byakuya to block it's attacks with senbonzakura as well. Really, none of senbonzakura's forms would do much to the giant, and even if Byakuya targets Sajin instead of the gaint, Sajin himself a freakin tank.

I know people are going to argue bring up the Byakuya is too fast rhetoric, but really no character in bleach is sooo fast that another captain level opponent can't touch him. Well, perhaps Aizen is an exception.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it could go either way. if byakuya ueses his imperial swan move i think he could get in close and take out koma. and koma could just smash byakuya with his giant.

can koma use his giant to protect himself? he is always infront of it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT View Post
    i think it could go either way. if byakuya ueses his imperial swan move i think he could get in close and take out koma. and koma could just smash byakuya with his giant.

can koma use his giant to protect himself? he is always infront of it.
    Which is the imperial swan move? That final one he used against Ichigo? If so, that's the most unimpressive move Byakuya has in his entire arsenal. That thing was beaten by Ichigo's weak ass Getsuga Tenshou for christ sake.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Which is the imperial swan move? That final one he used against Ichigo? If so, that's the most unimpressive move Byakuya has in his entire arsenal. That thing was beaten by Ichigo's weak ass Getsuga Tenshou for christ sake.
    that was probably ichigos most powerful gt in the series imo. byakuya's blade is like 1000s of blades compressed into one, its definatly his most powerful attack. you're underestimating it because it was used against ichigo.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Really, none of senbonzakura's forms would do much to the giant, and even if Byakuya targets Sajin instead of the gaint, Sajin himself a freakin tank.
    Well cant Byakuya use Gokei on Koma himself?

Koma would be feeling that one wouldnt he?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well cant Byakuya use Gokei on Koma himself?

Koma would be feeling that one wouldnt he?
    Yeah, but that would leave him completely open to the giant.

Sajin would still be standing from goukei IMO. If the 7th espada could survive it, then so could Sajin.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHBOTT
    that was probably ichigos most powerful gt in the series imo. byakuya's blade is like 1000s of blades compressed into one, its definatly his most powerful attack. you're underestimating it because it was used against ichigo.
    How could that have been his strongest GT? It can't be by default because he wasn't even wearing his hollow mask. IMO his strongest GT so far was this one:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/396/05-06/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/396/07/
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; June 16, 2010 at 09:00 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but that would leave him completely open to the giant.
    hmm..would it? If Goukei is swirling sphere around Koma, will Koma (and his giant) see where Byakuya is?

Also it doesnt say that Byakuya needs to be standing still when using that form does it?

Sajin would still be standing from goukei IMO. If the 7th espada could survive it, then so could Sajin.
    7th espada survied it, but was baically at Byakuya's mercy there afterwards. What are the chances Koma could defend against a kido lightning from Byakuya, moments after the explosion? Or how about six rod prison during the time Koma is recovering...wouldnt that just incapacitate him longer leaving Byakuya to follow up with more damage?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm..would it? If Goukei is swirling sphere around Koma, will Koma (and his giant) see where Byakuya is?

Also it doesnt say that Byakuya needs to be standing still when using that form does it?
    Well Zommari was still able to see Byakuya while he was inside goukei, and Sajin is also a wolf so he superb olfactory and hearing senses as well. Also, he could have the giant break into the sphere and shield him with his hands.

Quote Quote:
    7th espada survied it, but was baically at Byakuya's mercy there afterwards. What are the chances Koma could defend against a kido lightning from Byakuya, moments after the explosion? Or how about six rod prison during the time Koma is recovering...wouldnt that just incapacitate him longer leaving Byakuya to follow up with more damage?
    The whole point is that Zommari survived it, and I don't see him being anywhere near as durable as Sajin, so Sajin would come out far better than Zommari form a goukei IMO. Sajin is even more of a tank than Kenpachi - which makes sense considering he's a wolf; wolves are renown for being extremely durable predators (they shrug off kicks from elk and bison like nothing). I think los nueve aspectos (the attack Kaname used on Sajin) was far more brutal than any attack Byakuya has, yet Sajin was able to stand up and fight Aizen a short period after being hit by that. Same with hadou 90 kurohitsugi.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think los nueve aspectos (the attack Kaname used on Sajin) was far more brutal than any attack Byakuya has, yet Sajin was able to stand up and fight Aizen a short period after being hit by that. Same with hadou 90 kurohitsugi.
    Hmm...but thats the thing as impressive as he was...he needed time to recover.

Whats stopping Byakuya from following up...unless he some how thinks the battle is already over. Im not saying Byakuya is going to speed blitz Koma (as would be the usual argument) but in similar to a Warrior versing a Rogue, Byakuya has the capabilites avoiding Komas attacks while, incapactating, and damaing koma from any range, bit-by-bit.

It might take a while, but Byakuya could very well chip away at Koma to victoy...well I think he has the higher odds at least.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...but thats the thing as impressive as he was...he needed time to recover.

Whats stopping Byakuya from following up...unless he some how thinks the battle is already over. Im not saying Byakuya is going to speed blitz Koma (as would be the usual argument) but in similar to a Warrior versing a Rogue, Byakuya has the capabilites avoiding Komas attacks while, incapactating, and damaing koma from any range, bit-by-bit.

It might take a while, but Byakuya could very well chip away at Koma to victoy...well I think he has the higher odds at least.
    Well in case you haven't noticed, the gaint Sajin controls is pretty fast itself. There is no lag between the movements of Sajin and the gaint, so it would be difficult for Byakuya to evade the giant. At the very least, Byakuya will have no time to cast spells or anything else if he has the giant on his ass.

I think that Kaname with his mask on was faster than stronger than Byakuya is, yet Sajin managed to hit him.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/385/08/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/385/09/

After an attack like that Byakuya would be done for. Byakuya has no mask to reduce the damage of attacks or high speed regeneration.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well in case you haven't noticed, the gaint Sajin controls is pretty fast itself. There is no lag between the movements of Sajin and the gaint, so it would be difficult for Byakuya to evade the giant. At the very least, Byakuya will have no time to cast spells or anything else if he has the giant on his ass.

I think that Kaname with his mask on was faster than stronger than Byakuya is, yet Sajin managed to hit him.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/385/08/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/385/09/

After an attack like that Byakuya would be done for. Byakuya has no mask to reduce the damage of attacks or high speed regeneration.
    Byakuya has Cicarda technique though.

Also how effective would the gaint be if Byakuya went in for a close range shunpo battle. Would that make it Byakuya with his bankai and kido vs Koma under or behind the giant?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about this.... both bankai could be incredibly effective against the enemy.... I think sanji has a shot as long as he stays within a distance of byakuya himself. I don't think he could take byakuya in a meele confrontation.

I could see myoo giving some great trouble to byakuya but I don't really see how sajin could ultimately avoid the petals coming from every direction. I get the impression the more advance forms of senbonsakura could actually hurt the giant. I think byakuya could deal some severe damage to the giant if he uses shukei hakuteiken against it... I guess I'd lean towards byakuya here but it would be tough to deal with the giant.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Not sure about this.... both bankai could be incredibly effective against the enemy.... I think sanji has a shot as long as he stays within a distance of byakuya himself. I don't think he could take byakuya in a meele confrontation.

I could see myoo giving some great trouble to byakuya but I don't really see how sajin could ultimately avoid the petals coming from every direction. I get the impression the more advance forms of senbonsakura could actually hurt the giant. I think byakuya could deal some severe damage to the giant if he uses shukei hakuteiken against it... I guess I'd lean towards byakuya here but it would be tough to deal with the giant.
    I don't see why you say Byakuya would have the advantage over Sajin in a melee confrontation. In a melee confrotation Byakuya would be at a disadvantage IMO. Sajin is way more powerful than Byakuya. A single punch from him would likely send Byakuya flying through like 30 buildings. If you think Byakuya would have the upper hand because he's faster, then I should remind you that in Bleach you don't need to be uber fast to be able to follow your opponent with your eyes and parry their attacks. Renji was able to read Byakuya's movements and block his shunpo attack so I see no reason why Sajin couldn't do the same.

As for shukei hakuteiken, I remain totally unimpressed by that attack. If Ichigo could defeat it with his lame GT (an attack that can barely scratch Gin's head) then what the hell is it going to against Myouou? The moment Byakuya stops to set up that attack he gets smashed IMO.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a good matchup. i could see it going either way. but i'm going to have to give it to Byakuya.

small cuts from the little blades won't do anything to Koma's bankai giant in spread out fashion, but if he were to, say...make a thick ring of "petals" around a limb, having them all cut inwards in dense concentration on an area, he could probably sever it.

attacking in this fashion, he could do some real damage to the bankai, and thus Komamura's body.

not to mention those tiny blades could infiltrate small openings in the giant's armor.

Byakuya's speed and his ability to use some of the "petals" to defend himself while the rest attack would probably keep him relatively safe while still able to push the pace.

i doubt the blades would be much of a defense against Koma's bakai in terms of stopping/blocking power, but they could slow it down some.

but if Byakuya doesn't keep on the move and remain in mid-range, he could get hurt.

too far away, and you're open to the giant's maaaasssive attack range with those huge arms, legs, and that sword. too close, and you have to deal with Komamura himself WHILE worrying about the giant (although up close, it's threat level lowers due to maneuverability issues. it can't crush you with that sword if you're standing on it's hip.)
    Byakuya is a plenty capable swordsman and melee fighter, but i don't know...i wouldn't want to be up close and personal with Komamura. he's GOT to have higher physical strength, and although slower, he can really tank through some damage.

i say Byakuya wins with considerable difficulty.
    Last edited by ryanzokuken; June 17, 2010 at 12:24 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast