Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Naruto, Sasuke, and the Sage of the Six Paths

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto, Sasuke, and the Sage of the Six Paths

Quote Originally Posted by The_Drunk View Post
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/418/05/

I don't know what your talking about, but Naruto has the eyes of a sage. Click on the link and it will show you what I'm talking about.

Don't even bother trying to twist it into something that it's not... the manga says that Naruto has the eyes of a sage... so Naruto has the eyes of a sage... He does not have the Sharigan, nor Rennigan, but the eyes of a sage... Naruto has them. Also notice that Pa frog refers to the chakra as Senjutsu chakra.... that's right.. Naruto is from the Senju clan...
    I think you're confused by the usage of the word "sage". Pa toad's usage of the word refers to senjutsu (using nature energy). It's not the same as the Sage of Six paths. He isn't twisting anything...he just see's the obvious difference between the two. A Senjutsu "sage" is not the same as a "sage" of the Six Paths. Naruto doesn't have the eyes of a sage...his eyes change when using senjutsu are an indicator of natural energy being gathered...it's not the same as a doujutsu.

Just because Naruto learned Senjutsu does not make him a descendant of the Senju clan...the fact that he was born in the hidden leaf village is a better argument for him to be a descendant of the Senju clan.

There is a difference between Senjutsu and the Senju Clan...you fail to recognize this just because they share a similair word "senju". Senjutsu is gathering the natural energy and blending it with your own chakra. The Senju clan were masters in ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu. Because of this, they were feared as "the clan with a thousand skills" which gave them their name Senju ("a thousand skills"). This has nothing to do with Senjutsu itself or being able to gather natural energy.
    Last edited by Conan26; June 22, 2010 at 11:11 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Centrelink's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto is a sage....therefore he has the eyes of a sage. Pervy sage was a sage. He has has the eyes of a sage.

/bonk I don't understand what it is your all arguing about. It seems pretty straight forward and your reading way to far into peoples comments.

The Sharringun Biakugun etc (All occular birthrights) are all decedents of the rinnigun - If the older brother had the Rinnigun and Sasuke has the Sharringun there is no reason that this doesn't break the storyline. Hell it doesn't matter what eyes the older brother had.
    Last edited by Centrelink; June 22, 2010 at 09:00 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I see 3 Tomoe's. Not only that, if it was actually the rinnegan, there would be no mistaking it. You just draw circles with a dot in the middle, there is no fine details. The fact that it is hard to tell indicates that there IS fine detail. It's sharingan.
    Please show me the tomoes. I saw spirals, no Rinnegan or Sharingan. Juubi had the Sharingan and with three circles, but I don't see Sharingan in the older brother, just a spiral.

Which makes me think, maybe Rikudou Sennin took the Juubi's eyes and implanted it in his older son. That'd explain the future descendants' Sharingan and possibly even Byakugan. The younger son got Juubi's chakra or something.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The_Drunk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Conan26 View Post
    I think you're confused by the usage of the word "sage". Pa toad's usage of the word refers to senjutsu (using nature energy). It's not the same as the Sage of Six paths. He isn't twisting anything...he just see's the obvious difference between the two. A Senjutsu "sage" is not the same as a "sage" of the Six Paths. Naruto doesn't have the eyes of a sage...his eyes change when using senjutsu are an indicator of natural energy being gathered...it's not the same as a doujutsu.

Just because Naruto learned Senjutsu does not make him a descendant of the Senju clan...the fact that he was born in the hidden leaf village is a better argument for him to be a descendant of the Senju clan.

There is a difference between Senjutsu and the Senju Clan...you fail to recognize this just because they share a similair word "senju". Senjutsu is gathering the natural energy and blending it with your own chakra. The Senju clan were masters in ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu. Because of this, they were feared as "the clan with a thousand skills" which gave them their name Senju ("a thousand skills"). This has nothing to do with Senjutsu itself or being able to gather natural energy.
    Nope I'm not confusing the word sage. Being a Sage means that your able to control Nature chakra with your own chakra. So you can use the word Sage to describe a person.. that means that person has this ability.
    example:
    Sage of the Six Paths
    Toad Sage (J-man)
    The great toad Sage

With that being said.. I can describe Naruto as Sage of the Hidden Leaf. Since Naruto is a true Sage and Sasuke is not, maybe that's why Naruto showed the same characterisics as the Sage of the Six paths.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kisame123's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

has anyone bothered to consider what Naruto was doing when he had the spiritual form of Rikudou Sennin? that Rikudou "mode" was simply in Naruto's mind when he was facing the Kyuubi. Let's see what Naruto looked on the outside, to Tenzou and Killerbee. Here, he's in Sage Mode. No Rikudou "mode" on the outside or anything, yep, just plain Naruto. has anyone ever considered the possibility of that special aura being somehow related to the title of the chapter, "A New Seal"? especially when that seal is described by the Kyuubi to have belonged to Rikudou Sennin? my post below sums it all up:
    Spoiler: What is "That Jutsu"? show

Naruto and Sasuke, really don't have much to do with Rikudou Sennin. Naruto, until further notice, hasn't inherited the body of the Sage. however, he has inherited his will, desire for peace, and of course that new sealing jutsu used on the Kyuubi. Naruto is also the jinchuuriki, like Rikudou Sennin, of the Kyuubi or the closest thing to the Juubi. essentially, Naruto's relation with the Kyuubi mirrors Rikudou Sennin's relation with the Juubi. Sasuke has inherited his eyes, since he is a full-blooded descendant. however, Sasuke has definitely not inherited his will and lusts for violence. before comparing Naruto to Rikudou Sennin, let's take a look at what the former has accomplished.
    • Rikudou Sennin restored peace, momentarily. However, war came upon the people again, as it always does.
    • Rikudou Sennin created "ninshuu" or ninjutsu for peaceful purposes. However, that ninjutsu was used to only intensify conflict.
    does anyone think Naruto will go through the same process of peace, only to fail like Rikudou Sennin? I'm not belittling Rikudou Sennin, but what I am saying, is that comparing Naruto to Rikudou only hurts his character. Naruto is essentially mirroring someone who has already failed to bring about peace, and consequently will intensify war even more. instead of living in the shadow of a failed reformer, Naruto should try being his ownself. Naruto can achieve what Rikudou set out to do, but could not accomplish. Naruto can reform the world and achieve permanent peace. he is the main character after all, and he has to correct the wrongs of the past. seeing him as the new Rikudou Sennin is not only realistic, but ultimately results in him being seen as yet another one of the many reformers of society that will be forgotten in history over time.

Sasuke has inherited the hatred of the Uchiha clan and essentially all the shinobi world due to him being "a victim of the era", and intends to "smash that hatred" right into the shinobi world. he is a powerful recipe for disaster, and will bring chaos, destruction, and utter annihilation to the ninja world. he has inherited the eyes of Rikudou Sennin and does carry his blood. if Sasuke's eyes really do turn out to be what I think them to be, Sasuke will basically have the same doujutsu and doryoku (eyepower) as Rikudou Sennin. so then is he like Rikudou Sennin? of course not, he's freaking insane and wants to kill everybody. that's it, he reflects the complete opposite of Rikudou Sennin. Sasuke is the anti-Rikudou Sennin, instead of bring peace, he will bring destruction to the shinobi world.
    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Juubi had the Sharingan and with three circles, but I don't see Sharingan in the older brother, just a spiral. Which makes me think, maybe Rikudou Sennin took the Juubi's eyes and implanted it in his older son. That'd explain the future descendants' Sharingan and possibly even Byakugan. The younger son got Juubi's chakra or something.
    the elder brother inherited the Rinnegan as mentioned, he inherited "the Sage's 'eyes'". people mistakenly believe that it's not the Rinnegan and is a spiral, based on an enlarged picture. Kishimoto just screwed up in drawing the Rinnegan, it's pretty difficult to do so in a tiny picture of the Elder brother. he decided to just draw a spiral because it was easier to draw at that small size and thought that nobody would notice. nonetheless, the eyes are definitely the Rinnegan and the manga certainly points to them being so. however, the Sharingan does not descend from the Byakugan. Kakashi said the Sharingan was "rumored" to have descended from the Byakugan, but that is only a rumor. we now know that the Sharingan has nothing to do with the Byakugan, but descends from the Rinnegan and the Juubi. Please click the following link, my theory on where the Sharingan came from. I think you will like what you see.
    Last edited by kisame123; June 22, 2010 at 10:47 PM.
    Square Enix is the cheapest slut in gaming. Do not buy Final Fantasy for the outdated Xbox360!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alien81 View Post
    Dude you need to go back and read the chapter where madara was telling the story of the Sage of the Six Paths, he said THE ELDER WAS BORN WITH THE SAGE’S “EYES”... AND WAS GIFTED WITH HIS POWERFUL CHAKRAS AND SPIRITUL ENERGY. Note that Madara side BORN with the Sage’s eyes, which can only mean Rinnegan. Again Sasuke has nothing connecting him with the Sage of the Six Paths.
    this is what it says after.
    "The older brother's decendants came to be called the uchiha, and the younger brother descendants the senjus."
    Spoiler show

Nagato has the rinnegan but he is not the sage of six paths.

it is said that the Sage was the only shinobi to have fully mastered the Rinnegan, allowing him to manipulate all six types of nature(?) chakra.
    Rinnegan does not equal to "sage of six path".

With rinnegan, Nagato allowed him to manipulate the chakras yet he is no sage of six path(?).

Naruto does not have the rinnegan but Kyubii says "This is the sage of six path", is he referring to the technique? or naruto?

My question now is, is "Sage of Six Path" a person or a ninjutsu or the presence(the riatsu feeling ^_^ )?

Madara's story about the sage choosing a successor between 2 brothers does not says anything about inheritting the "sage of six path", it says younger brother was born with the sennin's body,strength of heart and physical energe, while the older is with the power of sennin's eyes, strength of chakra and spiritual energy.

I think this helps "substantiate" madara's story about the younger brother inheriting to be the successor. The younger brother inherited the "Sage of six path" ... err... title? power? everything else?

The younger brother became the successor, which is Naruto now.
    Naruto is now the "Sage of Six path" ? This is what i understand from the manga.
    Last edited by jiro; June 23, 2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Please show me the tomoes. I saw spirals, no Rinnegan or Sharingan. Juubi had the Sharingan and with three circles, but I don't see Sharingan in the older brother, just a spiral.

Which makes me think, maybe Rikudou Sennin took the Juubi's eyes and implanted it in his older son. That'd explain the future descendants' Sharingan and possibly even Byakugan. The younger son got Juubi's chakra or something.
    It's not really clear on how it happened, we just know that the older son's descendants became the Uchiha clan. I think it makes the most sense that the older brother had the Sharingan to begin with, and the future generations would naturally get it. The context of the chapter and the wording of the older son getting the sage's "eyes" simply means he inherited doujutsu, not necessarily the rinnegan.

As for the sharingan being related to the juubi, its possible. It could explain whatever this is,

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/462/06/

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks more like Sasuke's Susano'o than anything else, and it's a genjutsu.

It also makes sense that the older brother got the eyes that gave birth to Byakugan and Sharingan. We saw his eyes having spirals, no Sharingan or Byakugan. Maybe his bloodline got different power with different eyes, whether naturally or not.

This could explain all three eyes being able to see some form of chakra, as well as having extra vision power. For example, a person with more than one body with Rinnegan can see through the bodies, like CCTV. Byakugan can see 360 degrees. Sharingan can predict the short future.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto is just like the younger brother who inherited the sage's body,large amt of chakra and his physical energy while Sasuke inherited the Sage's eyes,powerful chakra and spiritual energy,the elder brother had the rennigan but with the copy wheel in the center.

it is said that the elder brother blood thinned that is what brought about the Uchiha clan.The elder brother didn't need to activate the M.S or E.M.S bcos his dojutsu was already complete,it had a spirals but with tomoes.
    Last edited by beasticon999; June 24, 2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Auditore brought up an interesting point :
    Quote Originally Posted by Auditore View Post
    Could it be that with the nine tails power and the itachis gift are the reasons for rikudou spirit appearance? (the strong eyes and body , Uchiha and Senin)

Maybe the fact that Itachi gave Naruto part of his power, made it so that Naruto now possess everything he need to become the next Rikudou-Sennin.

He already had the body, and now, with Itachi's gift, he has the Spirit.
    what once was separated in two, is now reunited into Naruto.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyubbi said "Sage of Six Paths" because of naruto's new seal. The Shape of it looks just like the BODY of Rikudou sage. People make this like rocket science when they think of this. Uchiha are descendants from the brother with the eyes. THAT MEANS SASUKE IS CONNECTED TO THE SOSP. Naruto somewhere down the road obviously is connected to the one with the body. Just because sasuke doesnt have rinnegan doesnt mean he's not connected if madara CLEARLY stated that Uchiha are connected. So please people, stop making this whole thing retarted. =]

[If YOure Wondering What DaBlackManCan is its the Name I Use ON Most Forums And My XboxLive GT]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Newnarutofan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah and now it looks like naruto has to find a way to stop the cycle of fighting. which could even mean his death.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/486/13/

but I know that is not going to happen to him or sasuke. i get the feeling sasuke will come to his senses and stop fighting soon, but mandra is fu**ed. He is going down. In the end naruto will be hokage. ooo SPOILER ALERT

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I see the connection from sasuke and naruto to the youger and elder son...but in my opinion...

Naruto resembelce the freaking sennin himself....which why I believe it will end up EMS vs Rinnegan.

Konan still has the rinnegan with her.

She wants to help naruto, who knows what will happen!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes! i thought I was the only one who taught this... konan just went missing in action....hell we didnt even OFFICIALY see negato die....we know negato inherited naruto's will of fire in the end so of course he would want naruto to take his eyes

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Centrelink's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you really think Naruto would take the rinnigan if offered to him?

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast