Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Nami vs. Zoro (it's not what you think!!!)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nami vs. Zoro (it's not what you think!!!)

This is a battle of sorts, which is why I believe this is the appropriate place for creating this thread...

Zoro can almost certainly be seen as the vice-captain/1st mate IMO even if there are people who say he isn't

Nami can be seen as the Navigator/Treasurer/Quartermaster/Meteorologist and even 2nd-Vice Captain... surprising right

.....................................................................................................................................

Now this thread isn't a battle thread, cause there is an obvious winner in that aspect... This thread is which of these two would be more capable of leading the Strawhats in the event of "Monkey D. Luffy's" Death...

Points for Zoro ---- Luffy chose him first, Zoro is willing to put his life down for the crew, He's already mistaken for the captain consistantly, he has the strength, he has the major ambition, he is looked up to by most crewmembers, and he seems to be able to be the next most likely member to protect the crew after luffy

Points for Nami ---- She respects Luffy's dream as much as Zoro and in the event of Luffy's death she wouldn't let everything he worked for dissapear, Luffy trust her with his most prized possession on more than a couple of occasions, She definitely has the bossiness in her to keep the crew in check, She isn't the strongest in the crew but she isn't the weakest, She could continue to wear the strawhat in symbolism to Luffy (off topic: but she looks damn good in that hat lmao) and they can continue the sea as the Mugiwaras

I'll post a poll with this as well...

PS: I'm not saying there is a chance Luffy will die, lmao

UPDATE: I MEANT TO POST A POLL, BUT I FORGOT TO CHECK THE BOX, I'M SORRY BUT MAYBE A NICE MODERATOR WILL ADD A POLL WITH THE FOLLOWING 4 OPTIONS

Zoro should be captain
    Nami should be captain
    The crew should disband if Luffy dies
    Another crew member should be captain
    Last edited by RezzieThaRapper; June 18, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Crying Re: Nami vs. Zoro (it's not what you think!!!)

hmmmmmm, thats a toughie.

i'm going to say Zoro. only becuase i don't think Nami would ever officially take the responsibility. Although i do remember him saying once that if Luffy died he'd have no reason to be a pirate anymore (contrast some of his personal responsibilities to the crew that he's shown and met)

I mean that, its obvious who "runs" that ship; makes it function as a seaworthy vessel and manages the crew, that Nami. However, i don't see Nami taking on a "Leadership" role that Zoro has saddled up to on numerous occasions.

Nami would more than likely continue the status quo.

now as far as what i'd think/like to see happen when/if Luffy dies is that they'd probably disband and persue their dreams on their own. (i.e.) i'd see zoro REALLY focus on training to confront mihawk,

ussop would probably head to elbaf (with chopper in tow more than likely),

brooke would try to figure a way to laboon (how did zeff and the others get back to east/west blue without going all the way through the grand line?)

robin would definitely fufill her agenda, maybe keeping nami around..and sanji (obviously) most likely the group to be left with the ship and if you get the ship then you get franky

but i've had to deal with seperated strawhats for the better part of 3-4 months now....i don't think i could stand to see them seperated again

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nami vs. Zoro (it's not what you think!!!)

@madmotoristmonk... I wouldn't want them to seperate either, but if it came to Luffy dying they'd probably stick it out for a while until the crew falls apart... But the straw hats have been built up as a family and they may stick together, and if that is the case I think Nami has the attitude to keep that family together

But I just can't count out Zoro because, he is just as motivated as Luffy and his opinions are always taking seriously and he's taking up the leader ship role more than once

But still Nami just hit me with her Shiwaze Punch and made me choose her lol
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

zorro for sure no question about it mate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro
    Sanji
    Don't care about the rest.

Nami is too weak to lead a crew. "Weak" in this case is not related to strength. Im talking about leadership, emotion and such stuff.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the biggest responsibility of a captain is to protect/look after his crew. Correct me if I'm wrong. Though, SW is a very lively crew, Zoro is the 1st mate of the ship. I think the responsibility will automatically be handed to him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro could lead a crew, and honestly speaking Ussop would have a larger chance at being a captain than Nami would. She has not ambition to personally be famous, so if she ever "led" a crew, it would be more a group of adventurers, with little actual battle ability, in a quest to properly map the globe.

It's arguable that Zoro also has no real ambition to lead, but simply stand above the rest of the world. That said, people could just follow him in this way and he could collect quite a crew.

Captain-wise, meh neither of them really are great captain material. I'd find Sanji and Ussop to have more captain potential, and Franky and Brooke actually have captain experience (if you count the Franky Gang...which I do). Of the two, Zoro would be closer to captain material.

In regards to vice-captainship: Zoro is like the backup to Luffy. Able to make decisions befitting of the captain whilst backing it up with strength. On the other hand, Nami is the brains of the entire outfit and probably the one with the best guidance and most common sense out of all of them combined. In that sense Nami makes a better vice-captain in my eyes, but One Piece typically portrays vice-captains as the back-up to a captain, not the best support to the captain.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wait! i know how zeff and the other cook pirates got back from the grand line without going to raftel

they sent a letter ,via the unluckies, to a young zoro and asked him to tell them step by step how to get to marine-ford.

zoro being zoro put them on a course that ended up somewhere 5 miles off the coast of kokoyashi village

no seriouslly, i know Oda has explained how his world works and has been so perfectly consistent with how things work in his fantasy world ( a very important thing to do, that some other writers ignore....)

i mean unless you got a seastone hull isn't it impossible to go through the calm belt? i'm sure its a way i didn't think of.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Umm al-Qaiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

When have we EVER seen a pirate crew in OP where the captain IS NOT the strongest member?

Zoro.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Navid.'s Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro by far in my opinion... We have seen him 'over-rule' Luffy and lay down the law in the group on several occasions. And while he does have his comedy side, he is one of the most mature, calm and sensible members of the Strawhats when the situation requires it.
    - Even with my eyes wide open, I can't see a thing -

New Reply