Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy Japanese manga

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to buy Japanese manga

Could you give a link? Any searches for that, Japanese or English, aren't yielding anything like what you're saying.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Netorare's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member redcorpse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netorare View Post
    that website seems to have some difficulties/lots of broken links ^^ or maybe its just not displaying correctly in my browser..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to order the first volume of Suisei no Gargantia. First I tried Yesasia and it looked like it worked fine. After a while I got a message that the order got cancelled. I tried using the some other sites which were suggested here. The only other site which got Gargantia vol.01 is amazon.co.jp BUT the shipment cost way too much (while the manga itseld costs only 580 yen...). The other sites didnt really had it (at least I couldnt find it using the 4 different names given on mangaupdates).
    So does anyone know some other site where I can order Suisei no Gargantia Volume 01. I am living in europe, cant speak/read japanese at all and I dont really care about the shipment&manga prize as long the overall prize can be under/about 25 USD.

its was a long post but thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by Jidan; May 14, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Try CDJapan says 5-7 days for a restock, Honto says 7-21 days.. other choice is MangaOh. You'll have to use a guide for the last two shops though since they are in Japanese.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

@Ikari
    Thank you very much.
    PS. Also found it on HMV now but not through there search machine but via google and they stated that the volume appears in may (if i understood it right) but yesasia and wikipedia say april... kinda weird, but I am ordering it now and hope thats it.

SO thank you very much, you really helped me out
    Last edited by Jidan; May 14, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

The may release might be the novel, you should usually double check with the ISBN number.

https://www.mangaoh.co.jp/catalog/317703/
    http://honto.jp/netstore/pd-book_25578096.html

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh you might be right. The page Ive found (via google) looked different. Well Ill just order the manga (check ISBN now).
    Once again...
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Jidan; May 14, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to buy Japanese manga online

How can i buy digital Mangas? Amazon Jp just don't let me.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Question for you guys and gals...where would one purchase older manga? Stuff that came out back in 2000-2005 ish? I'm looking to finish up my collections of Nakayama and Fukuchi works but am finding older series by the two are hard to get...specifically Ueki no Hosoku plus by Fukuchi, and Astral Engine by Nakayama. I'm sure I won't get shiny new copies of these manga which is fine, but is there anywhere that would ship used copies to the US?
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Koukushi Musou!! (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-D-Rufi-Thread
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com

Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jagman1x3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Question for you guys and gals...where would one purchase older manga? Stuff that came out back in 2000-2005 ish? I'm looking to finish up my collections of Nakayama and Fukuchi works but am finding older series by the two are hard to get...specifically Ueki no Hosoku plus by Fukuchi, and Astral Engine by Nakayama. I'm sure I won't get shiny new copies of these manga which is fine, but is there anywhere that would ship used copies to the US?
    I usually get sets of used stuff on Amazon Japan. It's kind of a pain to find a used seller that'll actually ship to the US, but once you find one they're insanely cheap; I got a full 9-volume set of Nora for about 400 yen plus shipping. Shipping is 3000 yen flat fee plus 400 yen per book, but a set of books is technically one item so that helps a lot. As for finding out which ones will ship to the US, just add a bunch of them to your cart, then go to checkout and see which ones don't whine at you about shipping.

There's a set of Ueki Plus volumes here that'll ship to the US, it's the second one on the list. Anything that says Fulfilled by Amazon is usually more likely to have international shipping, in my experience.
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-lis...&condition=all

There's also a chain of Book-off stores in the US that have tons of used manga. I go to the one in NYC (it's right around the corner from Kinokuniya, actually) and raid the $1 volume section. They actually did have Ueki Plus v1 there for $1 last time I went, although who knows if it's still there. I did pick up Ueki 1-2, but they're just sitting on my shelf unread at the moment.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jagman1x3 View Post
    I usually get sets of used stuff on Amazon Japan. It's kind of a pain to find a used seller that'll actually ship to the US, but once you find one they're insanely cheap; I got a full 9-volume set of Nora for about 400 yen plus shipping. Shipping is 3000 yen flat fee plus 400 yen per book, but a set of books is technically one item so that helps a lot. As for finding out which ones will ship to the US, just add a bunch of them to your cart, then go to checkout and see which ones don't whine at you about shipping.

There's a set of Ueki Plus volumes here that'll ship to the US, it's the second one on the list. Anything that says Fulfilled by Amazon is usually more likely to have international shipping, in my experience.
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-lis...&condition=all

There's also a chain of Book-off stores in the US that have tons of used manga. I go to the one in NYC (it's right around the corner from Kinokuniya, actually) and raid the $1 volume section. They actually did have Ueki Plus v1 there for $1 last time I went, although who knows if it's still there. I did pick up Ueki 1-2, but they're just sitting on my shelf unread at the moment.
    Thanks. Ironically I just went there and bought Astral Engine 1 & 2, but didn't go further to look for Ueki. I'll probably do that now. I didn't know a set is considered one book....that actually kicks ass. Maybe I'll see if they have Artist Acro and Takkoku as well. I've been meaning to pick those up too. :-P I see you forgot that I can read Japanese, but thanks for the detailed instructions.

And you go to Kino in NY? Kewl and I meet there every so often. Maybe we should have some sort of nerd convention with the three of us. I don't live too far from NY (about a three hour bus ride.) I didn't know about the book off....I'm totally going to have to go there next time I'm in town.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.

Read my writing here!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Ironically I just went there and bought Astral Engine 1 & 2, but didn't go further to look for Ueki. I'll probably do that now. I didn't know a set is considered one book....that actually kicks ass. Maybe I'll see if they have Artist Acro and Takkoku as well. I've been meaning to pick those up too. :-P I see you forgot that I can read Japanese, but thanks for the detailed instructions.

And you go to Kino in NY? Kewl and I meet there every so often. Maybe we should have some sort of nerd convention with the three of us. I don't live too far from NY (about a three hour bus ride.) I didn't know about the book off....I'm totally going to have to go there next time I'm in town.
    Eh, maybe... you'd be surprised how anti-social I can be in real life. Kino's about a 30-minute subway ride away from my dorm, but classes go pretty late so I can't really go whenever I want. If the timing actually worked out though, why not?
    On a related note, Book off also lets you sell stuff there. They give you pretty much nothing for used manga, but you can get a decent amount by selling old video games and the like. Main reason to do so is that they'll give you a 10% off coupon.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jagman1x3 View Post
    Eh, maybe... you'd be surprised how anti-social I can be in real life. Kino's about a 30-minute subway ride away from my dorm, but classes go pretty late so I can't really go whenever I want. If the timing actually worked out though, why not?
    On a related note, Book off also lets you sell stuff there. They give you pretty much nothing for used manga, but you can get a decent amount by selling old video games and the like. Main reason to do so is that they'll give you a 10% off coupon.
    Oh we'd probably do it on a weekend or something. We both work so that's usually more convenient. I'm fairly antisocial too, but manga has been bringing nerds together for centuries. Look at this grand website I'm casually mocking and posting on simultaneously!

I've sold most of my old video games so...yeah. Still 10 percent off isn't bad at all.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)

Requests Closed.

Read my writing here!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh we'd probably do it on a weekend or something. We both work so that's usually more convenient. I'm fairly antisocial too, but manga has been bringing nerds together for centuries. Look at this grand website I'm casually mocking and posting on simultaneously!

I've sold most of my old video games so...yeah. Still 10 percent off isn't bad at all.
    Annoyingly enough, I actually can't really do anything on weekends since I'm only in the dorms during the week, I go home Thursday nights. My job is a Friday-only thing, too. I guess I could try and get back to the city early on Sunday some time, but Saturday's a no-go for religious reasons. I think I might be one of, if not the only orthodox Jewish scanlator... Anyway, weekdays are usually easier for me. Yay for screwed-up schedules.

New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast