Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: whos wins the battle for ss?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Old guard win, their pwer and experience is more then a match for mere numbers.

12 42.86%
  • New blood win, their combined might suceeds over their opposition.

16 57.14%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Captain Upraising

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

The Captain Upraising

Captains Soifon, Byakuya Kuchiki, Sajin Komamura, Tōshirō Hitsugaya, Kenpachi Zaraki and Mayuri Kurotsuchi have slain Capatain-Commander Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto in his sleep. The Old-Guard consisting of Capatains Retsu Unohana, Shunsui Kyōraku and Jūshirō Ukitake stand in their way of their takeover of Seireitei.

Who wins this battle of Captains?!!!

everyone is going for the kill and working together and will do what is necessary to win.
    Last edited by DEATHBOTT; July 06, 2010 at 03:26 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Captain Upraising

almost impossible to speculate since we still know so little about Ukitake and Shunsui's abilities in shikai, let alone bankai.

and we know absolutely nothing about Unohana's combative abilities. seems like her healing abilities won't be worth much here, unless she has some super fast-acting healing techniques.

i am inclined to say that the rebel captains would win. they've got a numbers advantage, and although we know the defending three are very senior and powerful, the rebels have some deadly assets themselves.

you can bet that Mayuri has extensive info and research on the captains, and you can bet that he's got some nasty counter measures set up for whatever, like he always does.

Soi Fon is very fast and very skilled in close range combat, has a deadly shikai, and a powerful bankai. that being said, she may want to refrain from using it even more than usual in this case, since she could accidentally harm allies.

Byakuya is extremely well rounded and versatile with his wide ranged arsenal and very useful bankai.

Komamura is a heavy hitter, and his zanpakuto cannot be ignored. his bankai, especially. can't take your eyes off this guy for very long at all without leaving yourself vulnerable. (i'd like to point out that Sajin is a very, very loyal and just man, and he loves Yama and would never be a part of killing him, though.)

Kenpachi is Kenpachi...i don't think i need to get into it.

Hitsugaya would mostly be useful as support, keeping the ice coming so as to capture/slow down/distract the opponents so that the others could give fatal blows, since Hitsu lacks those.

what i said about Komamura requiring constant attention actually goes for all of them, which makes this a very deadly team-up.

Byakuya's speed, kido, and millions of blades...
    Komamura's huge, powerful zanpakuto...
    Kenpachi's psycho, tanker, relentless self...
    Soi Fon's speed and shikai...
    Mayuri's freaky science and bankai, both for it's size/physically destructive potential and it's poison...

all of them would require constant attention. you take your eyes off of any of them to focus on another and you might be screwed pretty quickly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya potentially takes Ukitake, as the dude don't like to mess with the kiddies and his Illness probably is detrimental enough that the normally large gap could be closed with both factors in play together (As a mook hollow managed to damage him so much in the Kaien incident because of it). Beyond that it's tough, particularly since we don't know the full capacity of the old school captains. Especially Unohana.

I'd probably go with New guard, because advantage of numbers on top of Byakuya's bankai being so versatile and Mayuri and Soifon being rather hax, but we simply don't really know enough to say for sure.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the numbers will play out to the rebels. Shunsui and ukitake can be formidable as a team but I doubt they'd be able to stay together fighting so many enemies.

Mayuri takes ukitake IMO. I don't think captain tuberculosis could work with mayuri poisoning the air in the vicinity. Worst case scenario soifon shunpo's in once ukitake starts feeling the poison and ends the battle. Kempachi would be a good choice here considering none of his attacks can be redirected.

Byakuya could fight to a great extent on roughly even ground with shunsui. His shikai, even though vastly underestimated, would be very convenient when shunsui uses his games considering the area of effect would basically allow him to attack any spot he wants. If things get bad hitsugaya could help byakuya and do the trick. I doubt shunsui could take hitsugaya and byakuya at the same time.

Unohana is hard considering we know little about her but I think two captains could take here just as the other guys.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is this scenario not biased? Byakuya wouldn't go against the rules first of all so there's no way he'd support someone who would kill Yama. His will to uphold the 'law' would make it seem like to me he'd be on Shunsui Juushiro and Unohana's side. So with that said, I say those 4 would be the others quite easily. Hitsugaya is a hot head that could hardly stand on equal ground with Gin, who isn't the best in my opinion. Soi-Fon isn't all that strong either, she's good but no where near the old guard league. Komamura is too slow and bulky, he make and easy target for kido attacks which we know Juushiro and Byakuya are good at. Possibly Unohana as well since she is a healer so she has to have good kido, and I'm sure she could put up barriers to protect herself or the others from Hitsu's ice. And since Kendo is her specialty (im hoping to see her fight with it) I'm willing to bet that she's a good swordsman (or woman rather). Old guard are much more skilled in finding ways to win without having to resort to going Bankai (shunsui/starrk)

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    How is this scenario not biased? Byakuya wouldn't go against the rules first of all so there's no way he'd support someone who would kill Yama. His will to uphold the 'law' would make it seem like to me he'd be on Shunsui Juushiro and Unohana's side. So with that said, I say those 4 would be the others quite easily. Hitsugaya is a hot head that could hardly stand on equal ground with Gin, who isn't the best in my opinion. Soi-Fon isn't all that strong either, she's good but no where near the old guard league. Komamura is too slow and bulky, he make and easy target for kido attacks which we know Juushiro and Byakuya are good at. Possibly Unohana as well since she is a healer so she has to have good kido, and I'm sure she could put up barriers to protect herself or the others from Hitsu's ice. And since Kendo is her specialty (im hoping to see her fight with it) I'm willing to bet that she's a good swordsman (or woman rather). Old guard are much more skilled in finding ways to win without having to resort to going Bankai (shunsui/starrk)
    the byakuya you know was just an act. he is bad and on the young captains side. 3 vs 6.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

still pretty biased in my view. 3 vs. 6 isn't fair, 4 vs. 5 seems better. so i choose not to choose. But your scenario I still think it's possible for the older three to win, if all of them use bankai or something. Besides that I don't think any 3 could beat 6 captains, unless its Yama included.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

If Unohana is as strong as I think she is, old guards win. Otherwise they lose.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

but do you think the older 3 could each strong-arm more than one of the rebels at once? like i said, taking your eyes off of any of them would put you in trouble, and no matter how strong they are, they aren't going to be able to tank shots from Koma's bankai, Mayuri's nasty poisons and tricks, Soi Fon's shikai (or bankai), etc.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Weve only seen Shikai from all three of the old guard, yet with Shikai Shunsui takes out the 1st espada. Every other captain had to use Bankai and still didn't win comfortably against their espada counterpart (not to mean Shunsui's win was one-sided). But, if you think about it, Shunsui takes a hit to the shoulder/back directly from Starrk, but isn't hurt. When he fights again with Starrk, he takes a cut, but brushes it off, and all this is in Shikai. He's still able to win, without resorting to Bankai.

Young guard? Byakuya didn't take a hit but he got caught by 'amore' and went bankai, then still didn't kill #7. He had to kill him after his senkei was done. Soi-Fon had to use Bankai, twice. Hitsugaya had to use Bankai, and still didn't win. Mayuri had to use Bankai, but didn't win, he used technology (still more than bankai). Kenpachi doesn't have a bankai or shikai, but he admitted he was going to die if he didn't finish things. Komamura didn't even fight against an espada and had to go Bankai vs. a fraccion.

If each one of the older guard is as strong as Shunsui is, in just SHIKAI, then in BANKAI it's a massacre. I just felt that I wouldn't go that route because we haven't seen their bankai's yet.
    Last edited by freshseth83; July 02, 2010 at 12:34 AM.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Weve only seen Shikai from all three of the old guard, yet with Shikai Shunsui takes out the 1st espada. Every other captain had to use Bankai and still didn't win comfortably against their espada counterpart (not to mean Shunsui's win was one-sided). But, if you think about it, Shunsui takes a hit to the shoulder/back directly from Starrk, but isn't hurt. When he fights again with Starrk, he takes a cut, but brushes it off, and all this is in Shikai. He's still able to win, without resorting to Bankai.

Young guard? Byakuya didn't take a hit but he got caught by 'amore' and went bankai, then still didn't kill #7. He had to kill him after his senkei was done. Soi-Fon had to use Bankai, twice. Hitsugaya had to use Bankai, and still didn't win. Mayuri had to use Bankai, but didn't win, he used technology (still more than bankai). Kenpachi doesn't have a bankai or shikai, but he admitted he was going to die if he didn't finish things. Komamura didn't even fight against an espada and had to go Bankai vs. a fraccion.

If each one of the older guard is as strong as Shunsui is, in just SHIKAI, then in BANKAI it's a massacre. I just felt that I wouldn't go that route because we haven't seen their bankai's yet.
    while i agree that with bankai the old guard might pull off a victory

1. espada 7 was beaten regardless if he wasnt dead. he was still soundly defeated.
    2. barragan was a hax and her bankai if it hit would have beaten any of the other espada imo.
    3. debatable whether harribel escaped unaided.
    4. again espada 8 was hax and was still defeated comfortably.
    5. kenpachi had the power to finish the fight strait away.
    6. i dont see how the fisrt fact is relevent and the second is merely speculation whether he had to go bankai or not against pow.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

point komamura went bankai. He didn't defeat him in shikai did he? so that point stands.

espada 7 withstood byakuya's bankai. he was killed with a final strike. so that point stands.

you say soi-fons bankai would beat any other espada in your opinion but my points are speculation? that point stands.

espada 8 wasn't beaten comfortably, a bankai didn't even win. an accelerator drug had to be used, which I said. that point stands

kenpachi couldn't kill Nnoitra straight out, he needed a two handed Kendo strike without eyepatch. and Kenpachi doesn't even fight that way, he likes to savor the fight, so that point makes little sense

harribel was unharmed when ww came in, and like i said, hitsugaya needed a bankai to 'win'. that point stands too

Why you sit there and argue with any of my points then agree with me that if the old guard use Bankai they'd win makes no sense to me. But it's cool. I like having a reasonable discussion. I just don't understand why all the points I made you have to argue with when i said every captain but Shunsui had to use a Bankai or some special technique. Shunsui won against arguably the strongest espada in his Shikai. So if all the old guard are anywhere close to that, with Bankai it's a win for them. Hell even their shikai and other skills could stand up to these guys. That's why I said bankai would be a massacre.
    Last edited by freshseth83; July 02, 2010 at 02:15 AM.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

1. point komamura went bankai. He didn't defeat him in shikai did he? so that point stands.

2. espada 7 withstood byakuya's bankai. he was killed with a final strike. so that point stands.

3. you say soi-fons bankai would beat any other espada in your opinion but my points are speculation? that point stands.

4. espada 8 wasn't beaten comfortably, a bankai didn't even win. an accelerator drug had to be used, which I said. that point stands

5. kenpachi couldn't kill Nnoitra straight out, he needed a two handed Kendo strike without eyepatch. and Kenpachi doesn't even fight that way, he likes to savor the fight, so that point makes little sense

6. harribel was unharmed when ww came in, and like i said, hitsugaya needed a bankai to 'win'. that point stands too

Why you sit there and argue with any of my points then agree with me that if the old guard use Bankai they'd win makes no sense to me. But it's cool. I like having a reasonable discussion. I just don't understand why all the points I made you have to argue with when i said every captain but Shunsui had to use a Bankai or some special technique. Shunsui won against arguably the strongest espada in his Shikai. So if all the old guard are anywhere close to that, with Bankai it's a win for them. Hell even their shikai and other skills could stand up to these guys. That's why I said bankai would be a massacre.
    your points all stand but they are vauge and dont give the full story. they make the characters seem weaker than they are.

1. just because someone doesnt do something doesnt mean they can't. how do you know kommura only chance to beat pow was his bankai? he didnt defeat him in shikai yes, but he didnt try to defeat him in shikai. its quite within the realm of possibility that it was hust easier to use bankai to win, so he did.

2. regardless if he wasnt killed with his bankai, he was defeated, he posed no threat. byakuyas bankai did the job.

3. little tip when someone says 'imo' it means 'in my opinion'. i didnt mean it as a fact or else i wouldnt have said imo. did i say your points were speculation? i cant see where. would you mined pointing it out? if i pointed out something you said was speculation it was probably because you presented your opinion as fact.

4. at no point was mayuri introuble and he won without trying. seemed pretty comfortable. sure his bankai didnt win the fight but then his opponent unforseeably ressurected themselves after being beaten by his bankai.

5. kenpachi could win the fight straight out by takeing his eyepatch off and useing kendo. he didnt but again that doesnt mean he can't. my point makes absolute sense. if he wanted to he could have beaten noitra straight away but he didnt want to.

6. was the attack finished, it had only been like a minuite? you said he still didnt win even with bankai, im saying he didnt win maybe because he wasnt strong enough or maybe because she was set free.

the reason i argue with you is because i dont agree with all your points even if i agree with your conclusion, which i dont 100%.
    if someone said birds can fly because they are magic, you may agree that birds can fly but surely you would point out why that person is wrong in their understanding of how they fly.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Koma went bankai as it was fastest way to defeat Pow without killing Ikkau by accident.

the trouble with this is the numbers but you gota remeber the new guys have Kenpachi...... there a chance Kenpachi would get bored n try to kill everyone on his own as it would be more fun for him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to see the "old guard" fighting Kenpachi. As far as I'm concern, Kenpachi is a beast, even without Shikai.

We got to see Unohana fight. That is one of the things I must see before Bleach ends.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast