Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins this?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harribel

    26 37.14%
  • Byakuya

    44 62.86%
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 131

Thread: Harribel vs Byakuya

  1. #1
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ↑ ↓ ← →
    Country
    San Marino
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Harribel vs Byakuya

    Just curious, what do you think.

    Personally I do not think there is not much difference in speed between them both and with kido as Byakuya's best offence Harribel takes this unreleased

    Hah, nah j/k, but seriously I can't see anything Byakuya could do about attacks like Cascada or La Gota and I doubt bakuo would hold her for long. Not sure about Gokei but a simple cero or some water waves should be able to shot or wash it away.

    Discuss.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; August 23, 2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: ;t

  2. #2
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    This is a tough one.... Before harribel releases the fight should be reasonably even. I would think harribel would have some more offensive power but byakuya makes up for that with versatility. Once harribel releases byakuya definitely has to go bankai. Byakuya has a no less than absurd number of petals, I don't think harribel's water can easily get past that, even with cascada. At this point byakuya would have to avoid a short range battle unless because IMO harribel would be more powerful in that department. Byakuya would have to use senkei to keep up with her in a short range battle. I don't think byakuya would be significantly slower than harribel or even at all. If hitsugaya was at least fast enough to keep his distance from her then I don't see how byakuya could have trouble in that department. Not sure how byakuya's attacks would affect harribel though, just petal could be deflected with a lot of water in the short range IMO. In that sense, I think there will be a sort of stalemate here. I'd think perhaps shukkei hakuteiken could pack enough power for him to break through harribels water attack and actually damage her considerably though.

  3. #3
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,773
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    I say Byakuya wins this one, and the only question I see here is what attack he'll use to finish her off. He's got a lot of kido to back him up, and with his bankai and speed, not to mention Yoruichi's shunpo techniques, it has to be Byakuya's win.

    Sure, she looked really powerful while fighting Hitsugaya, but this is Hitsu we're talking about when doing a comparison. Byakuya wouldn't screw around, he'd go in for the kill.

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hoenn Region
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    Er, Hitsugaya is a lot stronger than Byakuya. People might hate that but the fact is that the latter hasn't shown anything close to the raw power of Tenso Jurin and Hyoten Hyakkaso. And that was a powered-down version Hitsu used. Byakuya is a finesse type, not a power type.

    Still, I could see him beating Hallibel by outsmarting her rather than overpowering her. Going by what she showed, she wouldn't be able to get him with her water attacks. He could trap her with the Six Rods Light Prison and then bombard her with petals (rinse + repeat cause it wouldn't hold her for long), wearing her down gradually. Basically it all comes down to him evading her attacks and wearing her down. When she's sufficiently weakened he can finish her with White Imperial Sword - the only thing in his arsenal that could put her down for good I think.

    EDIT: Guess I made this seem like an easy battle for Byakuya, but it isn't. It would be a long hard grind for him. The biggest problem for Hallibel is that I really can't see her getting in a good hit at all - if she did he would be in trouble. But she and Hitsu are around the same speed and Byakuya is faster than that, with some extra tricks to boot.
    Last edited by Xerneas; June 26, 2010 at 06:46 PM.

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    Yeah I don't think there's that big of a difference between the level of Toushirou and the level of Byakuya. I think Toushirou was able to get the upper hand on Harribel because his abilities matched up well against hers. Byakua is the opposite, his petals would get washed away by all of the water.

    I'll have to think more about this one, but it would definitely be close.

  6. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    Senkei's practically worthless in this fight, using it is suicide. Especially because he doesn't use more than one or two blades at once by his own admission.

    Offensively Byakuya's going to have a hard time getting enough petals to Halibel to do any damage when she washes them away, and defensively most of the water is not going to reach Byakuya to do any real damage. So pretty much it's going to be difficult for either to land an actual attack. But in terms of when that happens, Halibel probably wins out because her moves would do a lot more damage to him than his would to her if they actually connect.

    Tricky overall regardless however. I'd probably give it to Halibel though, because this is going to be a long drawn out battle if both play it smart, and Halibel logically gets stronger the longer the battle goes on, having more and more water to use with each attack. Byakuya has a chance if he can nail her with the imperial sword tech of his, but the problem with that move is he forgoes defense of any kind, which is suicide quite honestly against her ranged and offensively overwhelming moves like Cascada, to say nothing of her spamming La Gota at him or just cutting him in half with her Cero slash thing.

    Kido however might tip it in his favor regardless though, but whether or not he can nail her with it is pretty unclear. If he does Gokei with her bound down with the six pillars of light, while not defeating her, he might put things more in his favor. Close overall to say the least. I'd give it 60-40 to Halibel though, purely because time would be working more in her favor than Byakuya's.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #7
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ↑ ↓ ← →
    Country
    San Marino
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Sure, she looked really powerful while fighting Hitsugaya, but this is Hitsu we're talking about when doing a comparison. Byakuya wouldn't screw around, he'd go in for the kill.
    Byakuya going for the kill you say? By all means, it didn't look like he was going for the kill while fighting Zommari, although he knew what he wanted to do to his nii-chan something, nor did he look like that while fighting Yammy lately. I think you clearly misread his mindset on this one.

    Also I do doubt that his petal attacks could overcome Harribel's hierro, since all of Hitsugaya's bankai attacks also failed to. With his best bankai attack he could not kill Zommari, and Espada #3 shoulda been a little tougher, right?

  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    I think you guys are underestimating Byakuya a little. He was able to match the fastest Espada and damage the strongest espada with his bankai.

    - Byakuya could defend against Harribel's water attacks by using Danku or by using a shunpo technique.

    - By using Senki he could gain the advantage and keep her on the defensive. She has no way to defend against a 1000 swords coming in all directions.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; June 27, 2010 at 01:44 PM.

  10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #9
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    I think the fight depends on the arsenal of Kido Byakuya has, because he wont be able to pass through Harribel's defences with just his Bankai.

    Also, Byakuya has to finish this quickly, because otherwise Harribel will unleash her ultimate move by filling the atmosphere with moisture.

    50/50 I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  12. #10
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    I think byakuya's petals would be a great way to defend from harribels water. The number he has of them is absurd and their speed is decent. Surely the volume of water harribel can use would be troublesome but it is also true the degree of control harribel has over her water is less than what byakuya has over his petals. I don't think any of the water techniques harribel used could actually get past byakuya's petals, at the very least her attacks would lose intensity as they come in contact with the blades. Of course, harribels water and the sheer volume of it would actually protect her from the blades.... I think there will be a stalemate here between harribel's water attacks not being able to get past byakuya's petals and harribels water keeping the petals at bay. I think this battle will ultimately be decided by a whatever strategy either of them uses to get past the others defense. Byakuya has a number of bankai forms, kido and decent shunpo but on the other hand harribel has great control over water, cero (both which are reasonably powerful and could make up for kido given their versatility) and hierro for further protection. If this is a battle of versatility then perhaps byakuya would have the edge though.

  13. #11
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ↑ ↓ ← →
    Country
    San Marino
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    I think you guys are underestimating Byakuya a little. He was able to match the fastest Espada and damage the strongest espada with his bankai.

    - Byakuya could defend against Harribel's water attacks by using Danku or by using a shunpo technique.

    - By using Senki he could gain the advantage and keep her on the defensive. She has no way to defend against a 1000 swords coming in all directions.
    Firstly, Zommari was not the fastest Espada, he merely had the fastest sonido technique, so that every step of him resulted in a clone, which he called Gemelos Sonido.
    Secondly, Byakuya didnot use his bankai against Yammy, he attacked him only with kidou yet.

    Then, it's doubtable if Danku could hold up a massive offensive attack. Personally I believe it is meant to hold up some special effects thingies like Amore, not powerful hits.

    As for Sankai. Harribel took a sword slash from Aizen, you know, same guy who defeated all those captains, cut Komamura's bankai in two etc etc.. Why do you think some petals would be a big threat to her?

  14. #12
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post

    Then, it's doubtable if Danku could hold up a massive offensive attack. Personally I believe it is meant to hold up some special effects thingies like Amore, not powerful hits.
    Dankou can hold Kido spells up to the 89th.
    As comparison, the Kido spell Tessai used against Aizen was a 88th, so it can withstand things a little stronger than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  15. #13
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ↑ ↓ ← →
    Country
    San Marino
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    Dankou can hold Kido spells up to the 89th.
    As comparison, the Kido spell Tessai used against Aizen was a 88th, so it can withstand things a little stronger than that.
    That so? Where was that stated? Gotta reread some parts of Zommari-Byakuya fight if so.
    However, this techinque doesn't seem like it'll be an ultimative defence for him anyway, since it's not like she could just spam an other Gota from an other side.

  16. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    Firstly, Zommari was not the fastest Espada, he merely had the fastest sonido technique, so that every step of him resulted in a clone, which he called Gemelos Sonido.
    Secondly, Byakuya didnot use his bankai against Yammy, he attacked him only with kidou yet.

    Then, it's doubtable if Danku could hold up a massive offensive attack. Personally I believe it is meant to hold up some special effects thingies like Amore, not powerful hits.

    As for Sankai. Harribel took a sword slash from Aizen, you know, same guy who defeated all those captains, cut Komamura's bankai in two etc etc.. Why do you think some petals would be a big threat to her?
    - IMO Zommari was the fastest Espada. Wouldn't whoever's faster than him have a faster sonido if they were faster? Byakuya implied Zommari was the fastest Espada, because he has the fastest Sonido: http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/302/09/

    - Byakuya used bankai here: http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/382/18-19/, http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/383/03/

    - Harribel may of took a sword slash from Aizen, but I don't think he was trying. Ichigo, Komumura, and the other captains took a slash from Aizen.

    - Byakuya's Senbonzakura Kageyoshi was able to damage Yammy, when he was in his strongest state. Senkei increases the amount of damage Byakuya's bankai can do tremendously.

  17. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Harribel vs Byakuya

    Quote Quote:
    - By using Senki he could gain the advantage and keep her on the defensive. She has no way to defend against a 1000 swords coming in all directions.
    First off Byakuya outright said using Senkei means not to use all the swords and instead they die by his own hands. Hence it's not going to be 1000 swords coming at her ever. Secondly, even if we assume he does break that vow, they're just floating swords. Kinda easy to just divert them away with massive water attacks frankly. Arguably even her Wave attack in her sealed state might do it too.

    Edit:

    Quote Quote:
    Byakuya implied Zommari was the fastest Espada, because he has the fastest Sonido:
    Uh, no he does not. Yoruichi outpaced him while weighted down, though admittedly she had to resort to more advanced moves to do so. Soifon was, if not outpacing her at the very least keeping up scott free. At no point is Byakuya even implied to have the fastest Shunpo.
    Last edited by Random101; June 27, 2010 at 02:54 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts