Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

Quote Originally Posted by riki
    Is anyone planning to get Dark Souls?
    I probably will. I loved Demon Souls so Dark Soul should be a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    It all comes down to moneyhungry DLCs...

Last game I finished was The Witcher 2,which by some substantial efforts I managed to buy Collector's Edition.Damn,this game rocks!Totally unlike DA2,this one might actually be the RPG of the year.One thing I wasn't too happy about,it's a bit short,but there are sooooo many choices you can make,I'm currently playing The Witcher 2 for the second time and I'm amazed by all the things I missed during my first session.The graphics are just so awesome!
    Regarding the gameplay,I'm actually happy that they changed completely the system of fighting,now it's more challenging and more dynamic,I like it more than the first one's system.One small detail I'm a bit unhappy about though,is fist-fighting and QTE,they're way toooooo easy,just press W,A,S,D and no real challenge whatsoever.
    Regarding the storyline,it's full of twists and it's very interesting how this storyline connects with the storyline of The Witcher about the Wild Hunt,and it seems that in The Witcher 3 we will have all our questions answered.Some side-quests are also very nice (the haunted asylum for example).This game is so addictive!
    The Witcher 2 is definitely a solid game.

Though I wasn't much of a fan of the controls and basic combat system. Despite Dragon Age 2's other shortcomings, i have to admit i think it had a better combat system and control scheme than The Witcher 2; even though i consider Dragon Age 2's battle system inferior to the one Dragon Age Origins used.

So i'll really be looking forward to playing the DLC. Many of the things about Dragon Age 2 that i didn't like were easily fixable(item system, dungeon variety, and having only one freakin' town) and Bioware seemed to fully understand where they messed up. So, while this DLC is unlikely to escape all of the flaws present in the original, they can fix a few of those issues. Which i think will definitely make it worth playing.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Persona fans out here?

If so, do you think Atlus will officially announce Persona 5 (IIRC they are developing it right now) during Persona 4 anime? I think they were showing some game info about the latter when Persona: Trinity Soul was airing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin
    Though I wasn't much of a fan of the controls and basic combat system. Despite Dragon Age 2's other shortcomings, i have to admit i think it had a better combat system and control scheme than The Witcher 2; even though i consider Dragon Age 2's battle system inferior to the one Dragon Age Origins used.
    I agree with you right here,I also think that DA 2 hat a better combat system and control scheme,but I finally figured out that it has better combat system because it is so easy to play the game,even on the most difficult settings it's just pretty easy to kill everything,whereas in The Witcher 2 you may have difficult problems even when playing on easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin
    So i'll really be looking forward to playing the DLC. Many of the things about Dragon Age 2 that i didn't like were easily fixable(item system, dungeon variety, and having only one freakin' town) and Bioware seemed to fully understand where they messed up. So, while this DLC is unlikely to escape all of the flaws present in the original, they can fix a few of those issues. Which i think will definitely make it worth playing.
    However,I do not agree here with you.I hope that Bioware will solve all these problems with the next DA(if they make one),you play a game for it's base story and just the game itself,you don't play a game so you can play the DLCs.I,for one,play DA for it's story and it's atmosphere(which has pretty much gone with DA 2),whereas the DLCs can be considered side-quests that could have easily been integrated in the original game as they add almost nothing new to the cannon story of DA.All these problems could have been solved while beta-testing or by some major patch,or maybe it's just me who is not a fan of DLCs since they are pretty short and can be considered side-quests.Admittedly,there are however some good DLCs out there(there is one for Mass Effect 2 that I really enjoyed,Lair Of The Shadow Broker or smth like that),but still...you can't build a good game based on DLCs.
    On a more brighter note,what RPG impressed you the most by it's story and story alone?Leave the gameplay and graphics out,just the story(which,in my opinion,is the essence of a RPG).By story I mean the main story but also the side-quests/missions/mini stories?I can't decide between The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind and Planescape : Torment . The latter has an unique,complicated,intricate story with thousands of side quests and some of them are so awesome...but Morrowind also has a very interesting story,but what attracted me more to it was the whole world and the fact that there are soooo many stories out there that just wait to be discovered together with funny,awesome characters...

Forgot to add something,I'm really curious about the next game in the Gothic series,I wonder if it will be Arcania II or Gothic V,maybe it's a bit early to say this,but I hope that the next one will be the best,since the Gothic series is a very good one(that sunk to the bottom with Gothic III and Forsaken Gods),imho the best game of the series right now is Gothic II and the add-on Night Of The Raven.
    Last edited by g0dzax; July 25, 2011 at 03:03 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Any Persona fans out here?

If so, do you think Atlus will officially announce Persona 5 (IIRC they are developing it right now) during Persona 4 anime? I think they were showing some game info about the latter when Persona: Trinity Soul was airing.
    I liked Persona 3 and Devil Survivor. Persona 3 was great, but at the last part of the game my save file was deleted and I didn't want to go through all that trouble again.. Never played any other and not sure if I will lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Excuse me but I just squealed

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like this could be Persona 4 related.

Though like previously mentioned, they said they were working on a new game before so this could be it.
    Last edited by Galactic Tomahawk; August 30, 2011 at 06:48 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Atlus is going to make two Persona 4 games and confirmed that they're developing Persona 5.

Quote Quote:
    First, the game everyone was expecting due to the recent teaser splash site, a remake of Persona 4. Atlus is bringing the PlayStation 2 title to PlayStation Vita as Persona 4 The Golden. This new version adds a number of new features:

A new character named Mary
    1.5 times the voice of the PS2 version
    Wireless support for calling on others to help you when you're about to die in a dungeon.
    Other elements that fans of the original have heavily requested
    New opening anime with new song from Shouji Meguro
    New animation movies
    A release is set for Spring 2012.

A bit more surprising is Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. Atlus is teaming up with Arc System Works for a 2D fighter that will be released first for arcades in Spring 2012, then for PS3 and Xbox 360 in Summer 2012.

Developed by the team behind Arc's BlazBlue fighting series, the Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena has a new story that takes place two years after the events of Persona 4. Characters from Persona 4 and Persona 3 will feature in the game.

Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the Persona series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer.
    The fighting game is very unexpected though but it sounds awesome nevertheless.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Some scans:

And yes, the girl is Mary/Marie.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay. I'm not going to watch the p4 anime <_<
    I know that sounds..weird of me but actually its not that weird.
    I just...don't want to be spoiled. I mean there's still some time left till p4p and I'm getting a vita, so why not

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't blame you. ^^

The weirdest thing was that long ago I thought, "Wouldn't it be awesome if Atlus made a fighting game in which their characters fight each other?" but I thought that it would never happen since Atlus isn't known for that genre.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Persona 3 and 4 were great...two of my favourite PS2 games, Persona 4 edging out 3 just a little. I'm a huge fan of SMT series in general, spin-offs and all.

The Persona anime was absolute garbage, the Persona 4 anime might be a better since its going to follow the game but I'm somewhat skeptical.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Disgaea 4 is awesome.

I was not a fan of Disgaea 3 so i was a little concerned that it might make the same mistakes. It does not. Disgaea 4 is a vastly better game than Disgaea 3 was. It's classic Disgaea fun with even more crazy depth and none of the annoying technical quirks.

And replacing the awkward classroom thing from the previous game with a kinda world map with buildings was a vast improvement. Now all the experience sharing and mana sharing that was done through those "groups" in Disgaea 3 is done through buildings. Which is a lot easier to understand and play around with.

Some other new features i've run across so far...
    • You can fuse two Prinny's together to form one massively destructive Prinny is hilarious(it works with any monster, actually but i think it's funniest with Prinny's.)
    • You can build and customize your own pirate ship, no idea what it's for but you can do it.
    • You can organize your own netherworld political party.
    • Even more elements to the geoblock puzzles.(blocks that blow up on a timer and when you throw a block beside a same color block it will destroy the block and set off a chain reaction.)
    Last edited by Jammin; September 08, 2011 at 10:33 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Persona 4: The Golden website is up!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty stoked about the news out of tokyo game show today.

There will be a new Suikoden game coming to the PSP(here's a link to the teaser trailer)

It's kinda strange that they are developing it for the PSP considering how close it is to the Vita but then again maybe Konami wants to take not chances. The PSP is a very established console in Japan and if it is a legitimate Suikoden game(and by that i meaning a game with 108 characters a castle and an epic storyline) then it is going to be a must own for any PSP owners who like RPGs.

I find it slightly funny that i, who bought my PSP quite some time ago, seem to be getting my money's worth at the last minute with this console. Virtually every good game i can think of for this system came out within the last year.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 17, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

How does The Old Republic look in your opinion guys? Even if it's an MMO, the rpg part seems to be promising...any thoughts? Or maybe expectations?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Knights of the Old Republic I and II were definetly solid games and excellent RPGs.From the looks of it,The Old Republic seems to maintain the tradition,and if it somewhat retains the RPG system from the first two games then it will definetly be a good game.I can barely wait for it's release.

New Reply
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast