Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

I loath MMO's with a burning passion but The Old Republic looks decent. Seems like they have put more work into the story and quests than any such game before it. I also love the crew member recruitment aspect, so you can automate some of the more monotonous aspects of MMO playing.

I'm not really a believer that it will be an MMO with a story as good as a single player RPG, because i think the whole MMO format is extremely unfriendly to storytelling, but i think it looks like Bioware is doing it as well as it can be done.

The only thing i'm cringing for in advance is that Bioware has a history of waaaay overpricing DLC. So combining that tenancy with running an MMO could get unpleasant.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan of MMO nor am I a huge fan of Star Wars, so that game is off my radar. I do like how Skyrim is looking and Bioshock Infinite looks like it's gonna be the game to get. There are a lot of great games to look forward to... FFXIII-2 looks promising, quite a few improvements from the first game. So many games, and yet the only ones I'll be getting when they come out are Fifa 12 and Battlefield 3

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Skyrim is looking good indeed...it will really be a complex game...I'm more into the bioware companion/party style rpgs nowadays...

What I really like about all these rpgs is what I really like about reading as well...having a main character, see him evolve through a story and with side characters...that's why I really like this Star Wars: TOR video. It's all about the companions baby

I really liked Gothic, and Witcher, which are the sort of lone hero sort of games, but the feeling is a bit diminished a bit by the lack of constant companionship...The Witcher manages to circumvent that a bit...

I'm curious about how will Skyrim do this...what I know is that with Skyrim, the feel of the world and the actual character progress will be the main points for me...besides the story of course

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone getting Dark Souls?

There is a clip of a guy who decided to defeat the first boss using his bare hands even though it took at least an hour to beat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I probably won't have the money for a little while, but once I do I'm totally getting it ASAP.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

No PC version, so probably not.

I'm playing Cursed Crusade. An interesting game, similar to assassins creed in terms of fighting( which needs a bit of work), but has some interesting elements in the game. Not surprising since ATLUS made it. Haven't reached far, but I like it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually a French gaming company developed it but Atlus published it. ^^

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

>_< Ah, I just assumed since the Atlus logo was plastered all over it lol. Still though, it's a great game.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL It's understandable.

Anyone who is interested in bringing the LE of Black Rock Shooter: The Game over to NA, please vote "Yes" in this poll so NISA will bring it over.

---------- Post added October 04, 2011 at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was September 26, 2011 at 09:38 PM ----------

A P4G CM. The new animated scenes looks cool

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

For anyone who got Dark Souls, kotaku posted some advice

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I started watching the Persona 4 anime, I'm currently at episode 3. So far its good, pretty faithful adaption of the game, possibly too faithful lol If the game is still super fresh in your mind honestly at the moment I see no reason to watch unless you really, really loved it and want a quick second dose.

This series should be much, much better than the previous attempt which turned out to be crap lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to discuss more about the Persona 4 anime, you can post over at the thread.

Oh, the Persona series is getting its own monthly magazine. It will have information about the series, the Persona 4 anime, and the upcoming Persona 4 games (Persona 4: The Golden and Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena) and anime. It will also have the Persona 3 manga and a Persona 4 spin-off manga.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is due out this within a week. Am I the only one here incredibly excited about that?

This looks like it might quite possibly be the greatest RPG of all time. I probably spent 200+ total hours with Oblivion and it various mods. Skyrim looks just as big, just as fun, and visually amazing. Even if it's probably going to be buggy(all elder scrolls games are) it is going to be soooo much fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is due out this within a week. Am I the only one here incredibly excited about that?

This looks like it might quite possibly be the greatest RPG of all time. I probably spent 200+ total hours with Oblivion and it various mods. Skyrim looks just as big, just as fun, and visually amazing. Even if it's probably going to be buggy(all elder scrolls games are) it is going to be soooo much fun.
    I have trouble with Oblivion. The fact that there are many possibilities & a credible amazing open world is not enough for me. I simply don't like the gameplay in battle. If you take a mage, all you do is hit and run. Gameplay isn't better with a warrior. The price to pay for a game which is so rich is an heavy gameplay. Plus, the story isn't that great either. I will likely try skyrim but not right away. I will wait for game of the year edition or a special offer on steam.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I have trouble with Oblivion. The fact that there are many possibilities & a credible amazing open world is not enough for me. I simply don't like the gameplay in battle. If you take a mage, all you do is hit and run. Gameplay isn't better with a warrior. The price to pay for a game which is so rich is an heavy gameplay. Plus, the story isn't that great either. I will likely try skyrim but not right away. I will wait for game of the year edition or a special offer on steam.
    It's a bit different this time around.

They have reworked basically all the things I didn't enjoy about Oblivion. For one thing they did away with the stat leveling. Instead going entirely to a upgrade by using skill system and basically removed classes entirely. They also seem to have inserted many of the better immersion elements from games like Gothic/Riven and Fable.(expanded property ownership, npc friendship/affection system, improved npc behavior, and expanded hunting/crafting). It also has a completely reworked quest and npc scripting system.

And best of all they actually have more than 12 voice actors this time, a lot more. It's going to be great to not hear the same dozen people populating the entire world, which is the way fallout was too.

They have also reworked the combat system. Now spells are equipped in a single hand. So you can duel wield them similarly to Bioshock 2. Or use 2 of the same spell to cause a more powerful effect or together. And the dragon shouts which are massive spells which will basically trigger more "epic" spell effects. One of which is in the video below.

Last edited by Jammin; November 05, 2011 at 04:03 PM.

New Reply
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast