Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

Guys, I'm addicted to Disgaea ... there are too many things to do in this game ... My bad habit of collecting and maxing everything is back ...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    Guys, I'm addicted to Disgaea ... there are too many things to do in this game ... My bad habit of collecting and maxing everything is back ...
    Haha! Disgaea is pretty addictive
    I always kept going back to level 1 and getting stronger thinking I was invincible after a while. Then I ran into some nasty monsters that killed me in one hit

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Haha! Disgaea is pretty addictive
    I always kept going back to level 1 and getting stronger thinking I was invincible after a while. Then I ran into some nasty monsters that killed me in one hit
    I reached lvl 9999 -_- and reincarnated ... now I'm trying to collect all legendary weapons ... I can't turn this shit off ! Call 911
    I still have Persona 4 waiting ... But I wonder when I'll be able to stop playing this game.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I reached lvl 9999 -_- and reincarnated ... now I'm trying to collect all legendary weapons ... I can't turn this shit off ! Call 911
    I still have Persona 4 waiting ... But I wonder when I'll be able to stop playing this game.
    I don't even know if I should tell you this but the max lvl in Disgaea 4 is 99,999.(I've never gotten anywhere remotely close to it.)
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

When the save file gets corrupted or something along those lines
    That's the only thing that stopped me from playing lol
    I also started P4, but haven't continued it in a while :/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently playing risen 2. Not bad.
    The game is flawed:
    - Optimization isn't good. You really need a monster computer to run it
    - gameplay in battle isn't very interesting
    - Graphics are just good ... no more.

BUT
    - Playing a pirate in the carribean
    - You get a boat & a crew in the game
    - The story is better than in most rpgs I played recently.
    - Coherent "pirate" universe
    - good dialogs
    - no level scaling. You start weak, you progress slowly ... but in the end, you're a beast
    - swords,voodoo,muskets in a rpg

A good surprise for me. With a better finition, it could have been in the same division as the witcher

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I shift+deleted Disgaea because that was the only way to stop this madness ... But I really enjoyed it.

Do you guys know any RPG I could enjoy now? I lost Persona 4 and It will take some time before I could get it again

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

So I heard Tales of Graces F is coming to Europe and I just had to ask: is "Graces" an actual word? It sounds an awful lot like Engrish to me. Why not just rename the game as Tales of Grace in the west (and drop the F)? Too late now though.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Based on my google search, "graces" is an actual word. As for the F, it stands for "future" since they added an extra scenario, which takes place after the original game, and the game was a remake of the Wii version. ^^

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It is? Does it have the same meaning as "grace"? And yeah I know that the F's in the title due to it being a remake, but seeing as the original never made it to the west they could have just dropped it. I think a name like "Tales of Grace" would be more successful rather than Tales of Graces F. That's just me though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Of course, the fanboys and fangirls would probably be outraged that Namco Bandai changed the title. >.>

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess. I remember not being very happy when I heard Square-Enix changed the title of It's a Wonderful World to The World Ends with You when releasing it outside of Japan. Then I played the game and realized the significance of the new title xD.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention that they would probably have to pay the people who owned the rights to "It's a Wonderful World". ^^;

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone played Dragon's Dogma yet? From what I've seen it looks like your typical European middle-ages inspired fantasy and that the storyline is alright but nothing we haven't seen before. However the combat looks awesome and real fun to play!

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Anyone played Dragon's Dogma yet? From what I've seen it looks like your typical European middle-ages inspired fantasy and that the storyline is alright but nothing we haven't seen before. However the combat looks awesome and real fun to play!
    I just rented it. To be honest, I haven't played enough yet to really give much of an informed opinion.

One interesting thing is that it focuses heavily on custom ally characters called "pawns". So near the beginning of the game you not only create your character but create a companion npc that will stay with you throughout the game. In addition you are able to pick a 3rd npc to travel with you created by other players; and people can use your companion in that role as well.

This is an interesting system but I haven't really used it enough to say how well it works.

My initial impression though is that, while the system is a neat idea, it comes at the price of making the side characters kinda boring. They all have a good bit of banter dialogue, typically quest advice, but that doesn't really fill the void created by their complete lack of back-story.

---------- Post added May 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was May 24, 2012 at 09:23 AM ----------

I played a bit more or Dragon's Dogma and my fondness for it is beginning to grow.
    • You tend to travel in a party of 4. You, your custom main npc, and two npc's from other players.
    • The NPC AI is really good. Unlike a lot of games they really are helpful (and not just in combat).
    • All NPC's retain knowledge of quests and they've done before, area's they've been to previously, and enemies they've fought. So if one of the NPC's you have along happens to have done the quest your on before they will essentially lead you through it and if they know an enemies weakness they will shout it out to you as well as attack that weakness themselves.(which is pretty cool)
    • Some of the enemies you fight are huge! (which I think is fun)
    • It's not very linear you can wander around quite a bit if you want. Take side quests, craft gear, there is even some sort of NPC affection system(which I don't really understand yet).
    • Once you get to the main city you can remake your characters or classes at will.(which is good if you have a change of heart about what kind of class you want to play, or want your character to look or sound different)

-------------------------------------------

So basically my opinion on the game is this....

It's not perfect. It's main story doesn't do much to really pull you in and the first 4 hours don't seem designed to make the game seem less impressive than it actually is. But once the world opens up a bit there's lots of fun to be had and the impressively complex NPC AI helps to greatly enhance the experience.

---------- Post added May 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was May 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM ----------

So as I have played Dragon's Dogma my fondness has turned to straight up love. The beginning is definitely rough but I would now strongly recommend this game to anybody looking for a good action RPG.

And you can see a big reason why right here..

That's not a boss fight. That's just a regular fight.

Ultimately for me this game taps into the same thing that games like Gothic, and Risen did for me(except far FAR more polished). It's not about the story it's about the adventure and a fun game world and giving the player incentive to adventure through it.

Here are some things anyone looking into this game should be aware of.
    • You can't fast travel. (You get portal stones later in game, but for the most part you have to travel on foot)
    • There are multiple love interests.
    • What you do on side quests does effect the game world.
    • Night is extremely dark. When you find yourself caught outside at night with no lantern things get pretty interesting.
    • There is a new game+
    Last edited by Jammin; May 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast