Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    If you have trouble, go to this site. ^^

BTW, what class did you pick?
    I refuse to use a walkthrough/guide until I finish the game first.

I chose thief.. I always play as a thief in any RPG, no matter what. Imo it's the only class that makes a game more challenging. Warriors and Mages make it kinda easy, but the thief class always makes it challenging. Plus, you can turn into a ninja... A NINJA!!!

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I got the PC version.
    I play a Thief.
    I haven't died that much. I learned the basics and then everything became smooth ^^ (Just master parrying and you'll only worry about bosses).
    The hardest part so far was against the combi of the fat and the nimble (that wasn't a spoiler ^^).
    I didn't die VS alot of bosses:
    - Taurus
    - Seath the Scaleless
    - Priscilla
    - 4kings
    - Sif

Maybe because of my uber katana ? :P
    Last edited by Shinsatsu; September 03, 2012 at 11:50 AM.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    Yes, I got the PC version.
    I play a Thief.
    I haven't died that much. I learned the basics and then everything became smooth ^^ (Just master parrying and you'll only worry about bosses).
    The hardest part so far was against the combi of the fat and the nimble (that wasn't a spoiler ^^).
    I didn't die VS alot of bosses:
    - Taurus
    - Seath the Scaleless
    - Priscilla
    - 4kings
    - Sif

Maybe because of my uber katana ? :P
    The bosses are easy once you time dodging right. What kills me most of the time is the stupid lock on system that keeps changing targets and make me dodge the wrong way and fall of a cliff...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL My brother picked the thief as well.

His method is to lure one enemy at a time and kill him. It takes time but he doesn't die that much.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

OMFG just lost ten thousand souls... walked through a white light and ran into the capra demon, totally not expecting it. *sigh* now I have to go back to retrieve it

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    The bosses are easy once you time dodging right. What kills me most of the time is the stupid lock on system that keeps changing targets and make me dodge the wrong way and fall of a cliff...
    You are a class of gamer above me then because the bosses in Demons Souls killed me a LOT. I lost count of the times I died on some boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    OMFG just lost ten thousand souls... walked through a white light and ran into the capra demon, totally not expecting it. *sigh* now I have to go back to retrieve it
    I've been through that many times; the worst is when you get killed by another player on the way to get those souls; true heartbreak.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why my brother plays offline ^^

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I just killed Nito ^^ I didn't die VS him ... But I think he was so damn HARD o_O
    15 flasks +4 is a bit too much.
    +15 Iaito Katana
    full +5 eastern armor set. I slapped him alot before he finally died ^^

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    You are a class of gamer above me then because the bosses in Demons Souls killed me a LOT. I lost count of the times I died on some boss fights.

I've been through that many times; the worst is when you get killed by another player on the way to get those souls; true heartbreak.
    After playing Dark Souls, I believe my gaming skills aren't very good lol. I haven't gone online yet though.... people like to take advantage of beginners in a game and plus I'm sure there are a lot of hackers.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's about old stuff but still :

Shepard's reaction to the endings.
    For those who played Mass Effect 3 and knew the original endings (before the extended cut).

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

After playing Dark Souls twice, I can say that it's one of the best RPG games I have ever played. The game is full of lore and there are pieces of the story everywhere. It's a game for gamers who like to find out about the world and story by themselves without the help of obvious indications and cut-scenes.
    I will never miss a Souls game from now on.

Borderlands is the next one on my list. I think it'll be ready by tomorrow. I hope it's good. There's a big hype about it; and that is not a good sign.

As for Dragon Age 3, I better keep my expectations to the ground because I had high hopes for the 2nd one when I saw the trailers and I received a boot to the face when I actually got the game.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    After playing Dark Souls twice, I can say that it's one of the best RPG games I have ever played. The game is full of lore and there are pieces of the story everywhere. It's a game for gamers who like to find out about the world and story by themselves without the help of obvious indications and cut-scenes.
    I will never miss a Souls game from now on.

Borderlands is the next one on my list. I think it'll be ready by tomorrow. I hope it's good. There's a big hype about it; and that is not a good sign.

As for Dragon Age 3, I better keep my expectations to the ground because I had high hopes for the 2nd one when I saw the trailers and I received a boot to the face when I actually got the game.
    Yeah, Dark Souls and Demon Souls are two games that are fantastic and unique in terms of thier unforgiving difficulty as well as the satisfaction that comes along with everything you do. So hard, and so great.

As for Borderlands. I just now beat Borderlands 2 the first time, of what will be many. It has lived up to or exceeded every expectation I had. This is going to be a game I will be putting a lot of time into....

About Dragon Age 3....

I know I'm making a mistake but I really want to believe Bioware learned something. With Dragon Age 2 every time they released early details fans kept getting more and more worried about what they were doing. But they always just kinda said "It'll work out, you'll see." Then it released and we were all horrified to discover that it was everything we feared.

But they actually acknowledge 2's flaws, so hopefully that should mean they won't be doing the same thing over again.

And I LOVED Dragon Age Origins. So if they can actually make a sequel to the first game, instead of ActionRPG spin off, I'll be on board.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 27, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, Borderlands II was the funniest game I've played. The quotes are just awesome and the characters were so unique!
    The game wasn't that hard at all. I finished it twice with both difficulties.

I uninstalled it just now, and turned my back to the screen ... LIKE A REAL BADASS !!!

yeah, and who needs a medical license when you got style...

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone in NA is interested, Atlus USA announced that Odin Sphere is discounted 50% off this week. I highly recommend it

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished for the 4th time now PlaneScape:Torment,and I still can't help but wonder how this game would have been if it would have come out now,with today's graphics and realistic combat systems,but with it's storyline,superb art and characters...even if it's old,it's still a masterpiece,it's amongst the BEST rpg's I've every played.

If you were to make a top 5(I wanted top 3,but it's impossible to decide just on 3) of your personal best RPG's,which ones would be there?For me it'd be these ones(the order DOES NOT matter):

1)The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind (+it's expansions)

2)Knights Of The Old Republic I & II

3)PlaneScape:Torment

4)The Witcher I & II

5) Dragon Age : Origins

Still haven't tried Borderlands 2,I've never been a fan of RPG's with technology,dunno why,it just seems not fun for me ^^.

Still praying to God that they make Kotor 3,Old Republic was a waste imo.Dragon Age 2 was hack'n'slash to the most extreme,dunno why they even labeled it RPG,and hopefully they actually learn from their mistakes and will make a DA 3 that is at least as awesome as the first one.

I tried playing Dark Souls,but god damn it,it's tough without a gamepad,I'm still having trouble with the control lol.

If anyone of you played Morrowind and loved the game and wished(like me)to visit not just the island of Morrowind in which the action takes place,but actually the whole Vvanderfell,google Tamriel : Rebuilt.It's a project that several modders are working on,and by it they are trying to rebuild in Morrowind & Oblio (I don't know if they worked on anything for Skyrim),places that aren't in the game,places in which you hear things about them,that you read in books about them,but simply are not in the game.It's best mod for a game that I've ever seen(I mean,just download the mod's there for Morrowind and you'll see just how much and how HUGE of a space they introduced in the game,almost as big as the island of Morrowind itself(and the island IS big,no joke).From what I remember,they had also started working on quests and characters,and they started introducing more info about the Dwarves,the mysterious species from Morrowind that left all these ruins,and that excited my interest and curiosity beyond anything in that game.

New Reply
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast