Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    Yeah,I know why you'd think Silent Hill is the best horror series of all the time,and especially the plot is it's main point and it all revolves around the plot,but I wouldn't consider Silent Hill an RPG,I'd rather think of it as a horror-adventure game.I played them too,and often I found myself trying to understand the story 'cause it's really confusing at times.

On a side-note,if you enjoyed Silent Hill,you ought to try the Penumbra series or Amnesia The Dark Descent and Call Of Cthulhu : Dark Corners Of The Earth.Call Of Cthulhu is,for me,the best horror out there,on the hardest difficulty you lack everything in there,ammo is so scarce you'd think twice before firing a gun,and the thing you'll lack the most is mental sanity.Definetely,definetely a must-play game.I guarantee you'll love it .
    Amnesia is fucking cool, and I'll look for the Call Of Cthulhu to see how it is xD
    But yeah I don't think it fits as rpg too, only wanted to take that off my chest.
    If you found Silent hill's plot hard to understand try Sanitarium lol This game will make you schizophrenic D:

I never played FF7, am I missing something?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Hummm it depends. You mean the magic itens magic or the dragoon's magic?
    Yeah when I heard about chrono cross it seemed almost like another game, so I lost the interest in it.
    OMG you don't know what you are missing man. To me Silent hill stand as the best thriller\horror series of all the time, not only because of the scares but because of the deep plot.
    The Dragoon Magic...it was pointless once you had the additions. I never had trouble with any boss in that game... except the secret boss. I don't really like horror games....though Dead Space is an exception, I rather RPG or tactical games. Resident Evil for example, I've only liked 4, 5 was really frustrating because of the AI partnership. Turn based RPG is more my style.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss
    Amnesia is fucking cool, and I'll look for the Call Of Cthulhu to see how it is xD
    But yeah I don't think it fits as rpg too, only wanted to take that off my chest.
    If you found Silent hill's plot hard to understand try Sanitarium lol This game will make you schizophrenic D:

I did hear about Sanitarium,but never played it.It seems to be a really great,so I think I'll try to make some time to play,I haven't played a good horror game in some time,plus I enjoy getting scared.[that sounded really weird...lol]

I remember trying to play an FF game 2 or 3 years ago and I was like I can't play this kind of game.Since then I've tried avoiding the FF series,dunno why though.(I just know I had a bad time playing that game)so I can't say anything about the series...

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919
    I don't really like horror games....though Dead Space is an exception, I rather RPG or tactical games. Resident Evil for example, I've only liked 4, 5 was really frustrating because of the AI partnership. Turn based RPG is more my style.
    Dead Space is really good,I've never liked Resident Evil though -just zombie-slaughtering...Also,I've lost my apetite for turn-based RPG's,besides the old-school ones I try to avoid turn-based(and except Septerra Core - Legacy Of The Creator ,I played that game solely for the plot,didn't take anything else into consideration).

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Play it. Seriously. Final Fantasy 7 was Squares first real foray into graphically sexy RPG's, and by far the best IMO. Story, Art Direction, Music, Combat system, even Humor; it had it all. To play it and then play Fanal Fantasy XIII is to know how low the Final Fantasy Series has fallen in recent years. And to see the recent games for what they are...polished turds.

------------------------------

Bit a different subject but....

"What currently releasing RPG's series does everybody look forward to most."

Being an RPG fan can be tough sometimes. Konami's bewildering refusal to make another real Suikoden game is like a punch to my man-berries. Capcom's(I meant "Sega's") refusal to release an English version of Valkyrie Chronicles 3 is like a knee to my kidney. Sitting down to play the last Final Fantasy game was like having Square-Enix throw sand in my eyes; and making 2 sequels was like kicking me in each shin afterwards. The list goes on and on....

So what series, more than any other, keeps you holding on?

Edit: riki was right. Sega is the one responsible for Valkyrie Chronicles 3
    Last edited by Jammin; November 07, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I thought it was Sega who developed Valkyria Chronicles 3. ^^;

To answer your question, it's not a part of a series but the game I wanted the most is Grand Knights History. It was supposed to be published over here, but unfortunately, VanillaWare has to focus on saving its other game, Dragon's Crown, so they didn't provide any game development resources to XSeed. The thing that sucks is that XSeed has completed the translation too. ;_;

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    ^I thought it was Sega who developed Valkyria Chronicles 3. ^^;

To answer your question, it's not a part of a series but the game I wanted the most is Grand Knights History. It was supposed to be published over here, but unfortunately, VanillaWare has to focus on saving its other game, Dragon's Crown, so they didn't provide any game development resources to XSeed. The thing that sucks is that XSeed has completed the translation too. ;_;
    Yeah, your right Sega was responsible for that. Capcom was responsible for Breath of Fire; which is actually even worse(no new game for over a decade)

As Grand Knights History, damn. I didn't realize that had been cancelled. Seriously, someone give use RPG fans hope!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel exactly like G0dzax, I tried to play the game but I couldn't (seriously, those random encounters piss me off really bad). If you are into RPGs, you'll probably like it, if not... well, you can still have faith

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I want Camelot to make a Golden Sun for the Wii or WiiU. It's my favourite handheld gaming series, simply awesome. I love Final Fantasy, but they don't make it with the same depth as they used to. Part of FF's charm was getting every ultimate weapon/accessory and finding all the secrets, it just doesn't have that charm anymore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin
    "What currently releasing RPG's series does everybody look forward to most."
    Well...tbh I lost hope in almost all the RPG series.The only series to whom I still look forward to is The Witcher...because the 2nd one was better than the first one definitely,and that's how games should normally evolve imo.I'd like to say I look forward to DA 3...but DA 2 totally killed all hope for me.There is this one thing still stuck in my mind,couldn't they have made more than 2 dungeons designs?Everyone dungeon I entered looked the freaking same way...The Gothic series(1 and 2 were brilliant RPG's)went down since the 3rd installment,Arcania : A Gothic Tale,I played solely for the fact that it's part of the series,'cause it really bored me.There is though another game I really look forward to : Star Wars 1313 ,check this video.I really hope it'll be like the old Knights Of The Old Republic,even though it seems to be an action game,it's got a classic RPG system...from the video for me it looked good enough to put my hopes in it.

Regarding Capcom,at the GamesCom 2012 they presented their newest game they are working on - Remember Me,a pretty interesting game(a combination of stealth+action+rpg),set in the future,where you are a young lady [lol] trying to regain her erased memories,memories who were erased by her former employees Memoreyes,a company specialized in altering memories.Seems like you've got memory hunter abilities in which you can modify your tagert's memories up to the point where the target can be pushed towards suicid.That's some pretty weird shit.

And another game they announced for quite a while,DmC : Devil May Cry (no really,that's the full name of the,including the DmC part,wonder how they got this original title from lol).It's still about Dante,just in a parallel reality where he is in a city(Limbo) under attack.The fans were divided into 2 groups : those claiming Capcom has killed the series and those who are on Capcom's side.Though,I did read something really funny,it seems that some fans even went as as far as threatening with death the creative director of the game - Tameem Antoniades.LOL now that's fans gone mad.

I know Remember Me and DmC aren't really RPG's,but then again,RPG can mean a different thing for each people.For example,for me an RPG is a game with a nice story,nice plot,leveling system and an open-ended world(well...at least a little bit) and interesting characters,that have some depth in them,and not just random NPC's.

Oh,just remember,Interplay revived Black Isle,so I hope that means we might get another Baldur's Gate or possibly Fallout game (just wishes though,they sold the Fallout license to Bethesda,who made Fallout 3,which is actually just Oblivion with guns imo).

Edit : Just remembered something THIS!.And it's also coming on the pc!
    Last edited by g0dzax; November 07, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    As Grand Knights History, damn. I didn't realize that had been cancelled. Seriously, someone give use RPG fans hope!
    What kingdom would you choose btw? I would pick Union. ^^

IIRC, someone asked if they could put it on Steam and they said that they're considering it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    What kingdom would you choose btw? I would pick Union. ^^

IIRC, someone asked if they could put it on Steam and they said that they're considering it.
    I don't know enough about it to really say for sure I just saw it on a list of potential psp releases a while back and thought it looked pretty cool.

From what I'm reading Kingdom of Knights probably... but I don't know.

It would be cool if they put it on steam but I don't know how well that would work for psp game. They really just need to change their mind about releasing it on psp. I mean, the English translation is already done they need to lock a couple of programmers in a closet somewhere and get that finished.

It especially hurts because I don't care, in the least, about it Dragon's Crown.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon Age 3 is the choice for me...on the short term...I've read the books, watched the anime...and I'm replaying the games so I'm hyped...the books offer so much background to the games, it's unbelievable...

On the long run...Witcher I guess, Cyberpunk too...

Read the Witcher novel and sort story collection as well...it's just awesome

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I don't know enough about it to really say for sure I just saw it on a list of potential psp releases a while back and thought it looked pretty cool.

From what I'm reading Kingdom of Knights probably... but I don't know.

It would be cool if they put it on steam but I don't know how well that would work for psp game. They really just need to change their mind about releasing it on psp. I mean, the English translation is already done they need to lock a couple of programmers in a closet somewhere and get that finished.

It especially hurts because I don't care, in the least, about it Dragon's Crown.
    If the Ys series can be a success on steam then this will be no exception.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably you all know this, but anyways I'm posting this here :3

Looks so cool!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like