Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 574

Thread: The RPG thread

  1. #376
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kimcheee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    i'm excited about Ni no Kuni too!! Big fan of Studio Ghibli!!

    I'm waiting for Lightning Returns...only because i've played the other FF13 games -.-;;

  2. #377
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    I wonder if Square Enix will ever stop making FFs and start working on other projects.
    Not that I don't like FF but after this MMORPG-fail that is FF14, they should look for other options.
    Like a CT remake

  3. #378
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Chrono Break. I will wait forever for that game.

  4. #379
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In Flames
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    I wonder if Square Enix will ever stop making FFs and start working on other projects.
    Not that I don't like FF but after this MMORPG-fail that is FF14, they should look for other options.
    Like a CT remake
    If you replace the brain behind a franchise, you will absolutely fail. FF used to be on top of everything else. Now it's just another crappy game.
    IX was the last real FF game IMO XII was acceptable.

    and LoL @ FF14. just LoL.

  5. #380
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,019
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    I'd be careful what you wish for with Square-Enix. They are some of the best at breaking gamer hearts.

    I wanted a new Front Mission game and what did I get? "Front Mission Evolved"
    I wanted a new Final Fantasy VII related game and what did I get? "Dirge of the Cerberus"
    I wanted a new Final Fantasy RPG and they gave me FFXII, FFXIII, and the MMO nobody cares about.

    They have mastered the art of turning dreams into nightmares
    Last edited by Jammin; January 23, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #381
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your pants
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    What we need is the good old Squaresoft and Enix days

    Right now I'm playing over The Last Remnant, not an overly awesome game, but it's quite enjoyable.Frustrating at times, but enjoyable... I'm too scared to go back to Dark Souls....can't remember where I'm stuck

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #382
    MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In Flames
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    What we need is the good old Squaresoft and Enix days

    Right now I'm playing over The Last Remnant, not an overly awesome game, but it's quite enjoyable.Frustrating at times, but enjoyable... I'm too scared to go back to Dark Souls....can't remember where I'm stuck
    I liked the last remnant alot. I had too much fun building the characters and killing the rare mobs (they are fking hard o_O).

  10. #383
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Onett
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Chrono Break. I will wait forever for that game.
    And you might have to xD

    ---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

    Yeah I thought that square enix would probably make a mess with a remake, but if I can see Zeal in today's graphics I can die in peace xD

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #384
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Thailand
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Destiny 2 is my favourite after Phantasia.Syhmphonia 2 had some great stuff, like taming monsters to fight with you and all that. And of course the battle system was awesome as usual... but damn, the characters weren't likeable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I never played Symphonia 2 but i've never played a Tales game I didn't like.

    The ones I've played are..

    Tales of Destiny
    Tales of Destiny 2
    Tales of Symphonia
    Tales of Legendia
    Tales of the Abyss
    Tales of Graces

    Thanks to the sheer number of localized JRPG's of played I'm almost immune to bad english voice acting. The Dynasty Warriors games also I'm sure contributed to that. If it's good I enjoy it but if it's bad my brain just automatically tunes it out.
    Mind if I ask, which Destiny 2 are you talking about? As a hardcore Tales fan, I actually am very picky about the difference between II and 2 though, since those are actually two different games. In fact, I never use the name Tales of Destiny II. I simply just call it Eternia...>.>"

    Regardless, both of them are good, whichever ones you mean.

    I've played...I can say every game at least one version in the whole series, except Rebirth. I didn't clear all of them though. I can't come to like Phantasia, like, seriously, so I actually quit that one in only 2-3 hours. Other than that, I've played them all, but some of them, I only played till almost the end then stop (always right before entering the last dungeon) because I have no time, lost my memory card or for whatever other reasons. >.<"
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; January 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

  13. #385
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your pants
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    Mind if I ask, which Destiny 2 are you talking about? As a hardcore Tales fan, I actually am very picky about the difference between II and 2 though, since those are actually two different games. In fact, I never use the name Tales of Destiny II. I simply just call it Eternia...>.>"

    Regardless, both of them are good, whichever ones you mean.

    I've played...I can say every game at least one version in the whole series, except Rebirth. I didn't clear all of them though. I can't come to like Phantasia, like, seriously, so I actually quit that one in only 2-3 hours. Other than that, I've played them all, but some of them, I only played till almost the end then stop (always right before entering the last dungeon) because I have no time, lost my memory card or for whatever other reasons. >.<"
    Eternia >_< Don't think I've played Destiny 2

    Haha I do that a lot with most games... reach the last dungeon and stop playing. It took me at least 6 years to finish Final Fantasy 5 because of that habit

    ---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    I liked the last remnant alot. I had too much fun building the characters and killing the rare mobs (they are fking hard o_O).
    Yeah.... the one I hate the most was that demon in the village after God's Vale. Always got him down to low hp but he still kills me with that stupid art

  14. #386
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Thailand
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Eternia >_< Don't think I've played Destiny 2

    Haha I do that a lot with most games... reach the last dungeon and stop playing. It took me at least 6 years to finish Final Fantasy 5 because of that habit
    Well, Destiny 2 probably will never reach the West coast because of the stupid translation error that makes people believe Eternia = Destiny 2 though, but tbh, that game was the game that prompted me to buy PS2 in the first place, and I just learned of it after I started playing it. Talking about just how amazing the series is. XP (Destiny 2 made me bought PS2 since I mistaken it for another game. I just saw people playing this game, and I thought it was PS2 version of Ragnarok. Absolutely pathetic, I know. *shrug* I only came to learn about the game much later since I got hooked by Abyss, got into the series, simply find Judas as being so cool, and imported the game just to find that it's actually the game I saw on that first day that made me want to buy PS2. Got to be "Destiny"...XD ) It's actually enjoyable, being the direct sequel after Destiny, revolving around Stahn's and Rutee's son, Kyle, who wants to become a hero like his dad. In fact, I like it much more than its prequel even, even though a lot of people would disagree with me. I even play the PSP version of it as well...partly because the grades in the original PS2 one is ridiculous in a way. XD

    Though I stopped right in front of the last dungeon on both Destiny 2 and Eternia (played PSP version for this one too). After that, I lost my PSP memory card... .__."

    Though, now I'll see when will I actually finish Vesperia and Xillia 2. For Vesperia, I've been wandering around endlessly without going into that floating castle ever since last new year. One year has passed, and still didn't go into just finish the game. For Xillia 2, yeah, I took a break from Xillia 2 right now...before the first and the bad ending (Xillia 2 have 3 main endings like Persona 4, and one fanservice ending...:3 ) Now I wonder will I ever get to hear Ludger speaks at all. XD

  15. #387
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,019
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    And you might have to xD
    Sad, but true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    Mind if I ask, which Destiny 2 are you talking about? As a hardcore Tales fan, I actually am very picky about the difference between II and 2 though, since those are actually two different games. In fact, I never use the name Tales of Destiny II. I simply just call it Eternia...>.>"

    Regardless, both of them are good, whichever ones you mean.

    I've played...I can say every game at least one version in the whole series, except Rebirth. I didn't clear all of them though. I can't come to like Phantasia, like, seriously, so I actually quit that one in only 2-3 hours. Other than that, I've played them all, but some of them, I only played till almost the end then stop (always right before entering the last dungeon) because I have no time, lost my memory card or for whatever other reasons. >.<"
    Eternia. It was a good one. Symphonia was my favorite though. My least favorite was Graces (technically Graces F, as I played the ps3 version) which I still enjoyed reasonably well but didn't beat and probably never will. The combat just wasn't... fun
    Last edited by Jammin; January 23, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  16. #388
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your pants
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    Well, Destiny 2 probably will never reach the West coast because of the stupid translation error that makes people believe Eternia = Destiny 2 though, but tbh, that game was the game that prompted me to buy PS2 in the first place, and I just learned of it after I started playing it. Talking about just how amazing the series is. XP (Destiny 2 made me bought PS2 since I mistaken it for another game. I just saw people playing this game, and I thought it was PS2 version of Ragnarok. Absolutely pathetic, I know. *shrug* I only came to learn about the game much later since I got hooked by Abyss, got into the series, simply find Judas as being so cool, and imported the game just to find that it's actually the game I saw on that first day that made me want to buy PS2. Got to be "Destiny"...XD ) It's actually enjoyable, being the direct sequel after Destiny, revolving around Stahn's and Rutee's son, Kyle, who wants to become a hero like his dad. In fact, I like it much more than its prequel even, even though a lot of people would disagree with me. I even play the PSP version of it as well...partly because the grades in the original PS2 one is ridiculous in a way. XD

    Though I stopped right in front of the last dungeon on both Destiny 2 and Eternia (played PSP version for this one too). After that, I lost my PSP memory card... .__."

    Though, now I'll see when will I actually finish Vesperia and Xillia 2. For Vesperia, I've been wandering around endlessly without going into that floating castle ever since last new year. One year has passed, and still didn't go into just finish the game. For Xillia 2, yeah, I took a break from Xillia 2 right now...before the first and the bad ending (Xillia 2 have 3 main endings like Persona 4, and one fanservice ending...:3 ) Now I wonder will I ever get to hear Ludger speaks at all. XD
    I don't think I've ever played Destiny 1 either . Eternia and Phantasia were the 2 I enjoyed most. I've played Phantasia on gba,snes,psx and psp... even the fully voiced japanese version for psp :P It's such an awesome game I started Abyss , but never reached far, I just might start it back.

  17. #389
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Morioh Town
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    I just saw some videos of Ni No Kuni. Drippy has a Welsh accent. I'm sold!

  18. #390
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Country
    Thailand
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The RPG thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    \Eternia. It was a good one. Symphonia was my favorite though. My least favorite was Graces (technically Graces F, as I played the ps3 version) which I still enjoyed reasonably well but didn't beat and probably never will. The combat just wasn't... fun
    Personally, I really don't care all that much about battle system unless it seriously sucks. I have to agree a little bit about Graces though. Though I only play the Wii version (seriously can't get myself to start playing Graces f, even though I already have the game) I don't really recall it having excellent plot either, when compared to other Tales game. Better than Innocence though, at least... ._."

    Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    I don't think I've ever played Destiny 1 either . Eternia and Phantasia were the 2 I enjoyed most. I've played Phantasia on gba,snes,psx and psp... even the fully voiced japanese version for psp :P It's such an awesome game I started Abyss , but never reached far, I just might start it back.
    I don't really know why, but I seriously just can't come to like Phantasia. It's the only Tales game that I don't like any of the characters in it. I simply hate Cless and Mint for no particular reason (have been hating both of them ever since I first know them). I've tried to play the PSP version, hoping that it being fully voiced will help keep myself motivated enough to continue, but it just doesn't work somehow. ._."

    I love Abyss though. I think it's definitely the best in the whole series. I seriously love its characters and plot. It's actually the only game that ever manage to make me cry at the ending, and the only game that I've completed more than three times (Once in English version, twice in Japanese PS2 version...and am playing another playthrough in 3DS version).

    But again, I think that's also partly because I don't like Symphonia either. For some reason, I don't seem to like it all that much, even though I do manage to get through one playthrough of it. Don't think I'll ever get to the second one though. ._."

    =============

    But are you two planning on getting Xillia though? I mean, it's getting localized soon, right? I've played both Jude and Milla sides and enjoy both though (but I like Jude's one better >_<") The story is a bit short, but at least it's good. IMO, it's at least better than Graces, but I don't know where to rank it really, since I actually at least enjoy all Tales games (except Phantasia). ._."

    Though I'm waiting for Hearts R right now. Still am thinking whether I should go with the special edition one or not. >_<"
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; January 24, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

New Reply
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts