Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

Now we need a pic of Koromaru ^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i recently played Bravely Default and that was pretty good; my 3DS needs more RPGs other than Pokemon :P

i bought FFX-remaster for PS Vita too but while it was "remastered" rather well and the graphics looked good despite it being a 10-yr old game, i couldn't really get into it because i wasn't as motivated as when i first played this game when it was first released.

now, i'm waiting for FF 15. it's been like what, 7-8 freaking years since it's been announced; im really hyped up for it, but it has just been wayyyy too looong

oh and im waiting for Persona 5 too of course. i probably wouldn't get Persona Q because i don't really like first-person RPGs (i don't like first-person shooters either), but i loooved Persona 3 and 4. in fact, i beat persona 4 twice on ps2 and psvita.
    creator of Manga Square (reader for ipad): appstore

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, the E3 dragon combat demo for Dragon Age Inquisition is pretty much exactly what I was afraid of. I truly hope only dragon combat is like that because if it's not they are going full bore action RPG. It actually just looks like they tried to rip off Dragon's Dogma. And as much as I love Dragon's Dogma, that is a terrible idea for Dragon Age.

Supposedly, there is still some RTS interface you can choose and I'm pinning a lot of hopes on that being something that's usable and not just tacked on.

Quote Originally Posted by jasna View Post
    i recently played Bravely Default and that was pretty good; my 3DS needs more RPGs other than Pokemon :P]
    Have you tried Fire Emblem? That is an amazingly good RPG.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 09, 2014 at 03:27 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tales of Xillia 2 has a new trailer:

---------- Post added June 12, 2014 at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was June 11, 2014 at 12:16 AM ----------

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem is still being developed in case anyone is wondering

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alrighty got back into Dragon Age Origins though still at the beginnng in the fade, such great VA.

Visuals didnt stand the test of time though, it was shocking going from ps4 visuals back to this 2009 era visual game. And the game performance feels janky at times on my console

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Lords of the Fallen looks promising. Might buy the PC version if there's any.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've started playing SAO Hollow Fragment on Vita recently.

As a huge .Hack fan I was pretty curious what they'd do with it and the results aren't great. The actual story seems cool it basically takes the end of the first arc of SAO and changes it so the game continued until floor 100. Along with streching events to bring Sinon, Kirito's sister and a few others into the game. It doesn't 100% make sense but the idea is cool enough that I didn't really care. Sadly there are some big problems.

The translation is quite literally the worst I've ever read. In parts it does not even resemble English. The worst stuff is in this dating minigame where you literally have to guess what answer to give because the text is completely nonsensical. It's engrish at it's finest.

Speaking of the dating game it's gotta be the oddest of it's kind I've ever seen, mainly due to how Kirito is married to Asuna and still doing the dating minigame. So the elements aren't so much "dating sim" as "cheating sim". Which was a pretty weird design choice. It's like they were caught between not wanting to mess with the canon and wanting to open up the relationships in the series a little. And what they ended up doing is pretty bizzare.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

New trailer, for Bravely Second, but sadly no subtitles. It arrives in Japan this winter.
    It looks even more gorgeous than the last game and it has a wider scope.
    Let's hope
    Spoiler show

〜Nano desu~※☆✕

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't the new MC (I forgot her first name) from the moon? The characters will probably go there.

---------- Post added September 01, 2014 at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was August 29, 2014 at 04:27 PM ----------

Persona 5 teaser:

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im glad persona 5 is also coming to ps4.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, after the disaster DA2 was, I was really skeptical about DA3. But after watching the 30min gameplay video (available on youtube) I can say that the mechanics alone, are enough to make me get the game.
    I'm keeping expectations low. It's really safer that way.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    Well, after the disaster DA2 was, I was really skeptical about DA3. But after watching the 30min gameplay video (available on youtube) I can say that the mechanics alone, are enough to make me get the game.
    I'm keeping expectations low. It's really safer that way.
    That's about the same way I feel about it.

Except, after watching tons of previews and such, I'd say my expectations aren't low exactly. It's just that I expect it to be an entirely different sort of game than Dragon Age Origins. That game was the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate and Kotor and just don't think Inquisition is "that" game. It looks like the strategic view will allow for some of that but at it's core it really looks to me like an action rpg. Sort of like an improved Mass Effect adapted for swords and magic.

Which, while not exactly what I was hoping for, should at least still be pretty enjoyable.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    That's about the same way I feel about it.

Except, after watching tons of previews and such, I'd say my expectations aren't low exactly. It's just that I expect it to be an entirely different sort of game than Dragon Age Origins. That game was the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate and Kotor and just don't think Inquisition is "that" game. It looks like the strategic view will allow for some of that but at it's core it really looks to me like an action rpg. Sort of like an improved Mass Effect adapted for swords and magic.

Which, while not exactly what I was hoping for, should at least still be pretty enjoyable.
    That's true. I agree completely.
    According to my experience with this franchise, the difficulty level is what determines what type of game you are playing.
    If you play on nightmare, you HAVE TO pause and use the strategic view which makes it more enjoyable and a little similar to the old RPG gems.
    If you play on a lower difficulty level, it's just another action RPG with a good story.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    That's true. I agree completely.
    According to my experience with this franchise, the difficulty level is what determines what type of game you are playing.
    If you play on nightmare, you HAVE TO pause and use the strategic view which makes it more enjoyable and a little similar to the old RPG gems.
    If you play on a lower difficulty level, it's just another action RPG with a good story.
    Hopefully, Inquisition will turn out like that.

I also hope the characters are better than they sound. To be honest, the new companions I've read about so far sound like a bit of a mixed bag. Cassandra and Verric from DA:2 should be good. Iron Bull also sounds cool. The rest I find it hard to get excited about. Hopefully, actually seeing them in action will change my perspective on that. Because if there's one thing I want to this game to do well it's the characters.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Hopefully, Inquisition will turn out like that.

I also hope the characters are better than they sound. To be honest, the new companions I've read about so far sound like a bit of a mixed bag. Cassandra and Verric from DA:2 should be good. Iron Bull also sounds cool. The rest I find it hard to get excited about. Hopefully, actually seeing them in action will change my perspective on that. Because if there's one thing I want to this game to do well it's the characters.
    I heard something about the Grey Warden's son and Morrigan. But I'm not sue if that's true. It would be great to see what became of everyone after DA:Origins.

New Reply
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast