Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

Atlus mentioned that Persona 5 is under development. It will probably be out in Japan this year or next year.

As for Devil's Survivor, I'm planning to wait to get the 3DS version.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

A 3ds Devil Survivor? They're making one?
    I'm actually playing the one for DS right now,it's quite a good game.

I'm not really looking forward to Persona 5,since I haven't beaten any of them yet and never played 4 either...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it's called Devil Survivor: Overclock. It will include a new scenario, new demons, and voice acting.

You should try out Persona 4. It's pretty awesome!

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Started Radiant Historia,and I must say,it's definitely one of the best games of the year that I've played. They really did a great job with the story and characters. I definitely recommend this if anyone is looking for an RPG for DS.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm playing Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness in my psp right now and I'm currently enjoying it. Hope this continues. xD

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Started Radiant Historia,and I must say,it's definitely one of the best games of the year that I've played. They really did a great job with the story and characters. I definitely recommend this if anyone is looking for an RPG for DS.
    Playing this too. Currently at the part when I have to use the sewers to enter the castle in Standard history, for the other history, I'm at the part where the enemy is attacking the sand fortress.
    Pretty much just started, haven't had enough time to continue since the weekend .
    I agree, it's quite a new way to play rpg.

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    I'm playing Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness in my psp right now and I'm currently enjoying it. Hope this continues. xD
    I liked that game... I kept going back to level 1 to get stronger, reached back to level 700 at some point,so I though I was strong enough for anything. Then I ran into some pretty badass enemies lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Playing this too. Currently at the part when I have to use the sewers to enter the castle in Standard history, for the other history, I'm at the part where the enemy is attacking the sand fortress.
    Pretty much just started, haven't had enough time to continue since the weekend .
    I agree, it's quite a new way to play rpg.
    My brother is playing it also,and from what I understand,every one's choices have different effects on the story. His first choice was different from mine, but I thought it would end up the same as my story at some point,but it's completely different from mine. That's one of the reason I really like this game

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone told me about Divinity 2: Ego Draconis...is it worth playing, cuz I heard is one longass game

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Someone told me about Divinity 2: Ego Draconis...is it worth playing, cuz I heard is one longass game
    Yes, it's a great game. I bought it mainly because it was made in Belgium. I didn't expect such a complete game. It was really well made but it's old school. The only originality is the transformation in Dragon (really great by the way) which comes very late in the game. Scenario & side quests really are at a very good level.

Note that there were some annoying bugs (all solvable but when you don't know it ...) ... game refusing to be played in 1680*1050 for example (you need to update a file manually) ...

The release of Ego Dragonis was rushed ... it's the reason Dragon Knight Saga followed ...

Ego dragonis is only the main original bugged game. If you buy Dragon Knight Saga , you got Ego Dragonis (with most bugs corrected , improved gameplay & graphics !!!) + the addon & it's the same price (on steam) !!! And honestly, the real ending is at the end of the addon.

For me, the only real drawback: Dragon age 2 coming out next week ...
    Last edited by zelllogan; March 04, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I see...I saw videos on youtube...is the character movement as bad as it seemed or as those comments made it out to be? How's the gameplay...hack'n slash or maybe some combos? I really want to know, before I get it patch it and all that...

I didn't finish Dragon Age, yet, but I'm pretty drawn to the story...the gameplay is a bit stiff, but it's well thought out, with a huge importance on tactics...so I'm liking it so far...I think dragon age 2 will be pretty good as well

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

About the character movement, you learn some moves during the game. You start as someone who almost can't jump or avoid anything ... but later on, you'll be much more agile

I think this video is representative of the gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTeEu...layer_embedded
    I don't call this a hack & slash .

NB: In the DKS edition, I still had some annoying bugs like the 1680*1050 bug (for which a solution can be found easily on the web) & one place where an ennemy didn't showed up in a side quest. I sent a mail to larian studio with my saved data & they sent me a corrected saved data two days later. Normally it should have been fixpacked now.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    About the character movement, you learn some moves during the game. You start as someone who almost can't jump or avoid anything ... but later on, you'll be much more agile

I think this video is representative of the gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTeEu...layer_embedded
    I don't call this a hack & slash .
    That actually looks anything but cool in how overdone it is :&

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Atlus just announced Devil Survivor 2 for the DS.

It seems to have the same concept like the first one except with different characters.

More info on Devil Survivor 2 is up.
    Last edited by riki; March 23, 2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I think dragon age 2 will be pretty good as well

I thought so tooooooooooooooo whaaaaaa

DA2 has nothing on Origins, unfortunately. And in video games sequel must always be better than its predecessor, otherwise what's the point, right? I'm just warning you not to get your hype up too much, though who knows: maybe you'll like it.

Origins is the best RPG I have ever played. I honestly recommend following it to the end and playing all its DLCs and Expansion. Have you reached Landsmeet yet, btw?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post

I thought so tooooooooooooooo whaaaaaa

DA2 has nothing on Origins, unfortunately. And in video games sequel must always be better than its predecessor, otherwise what's the point, right? I'm just warning you not to get your hype up too much, though who knows: maybe you'll like it.

Origins is the best RPG I have ever played. I honestly recommend following it to the end and playing all its DLCs and Expansion. Have you reached Landsmeet yet, btw?
    Na, it really must not.
    Just play an awesome game and think "Hey, why doesn't this game continue 30 hours longer with that awesome gameplay and quality " and you realise that a sequel only needs to live up to the old standards

I didn't even play DA2 yet because I felt it failing already when I heard that they're going to have a fixed hero now instead of a self created character. Such a drastic change in the basic concept never goes without more changes, and more changes rarely ever go without a disappointment, especially for a game with a not incredibly long developement time.
    Blizzard for example always has incredibly long developement times and whatever they do and change, it's still great.

New Reply
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast