Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

Oh but when I checked they said it's for both ps2 and wii... so maybe they released it on wii after or something.

Lufia is an old school RPG for SNES. I like it so far But still... I just might stick to Chrono Trigger as the best RPG ever made.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I see. Well, choose anything you'd like. I wonder if the CPU is as much annoying in Wii as it is in PS2. XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chrono Trigger is great, but Lufia 2 is the *BEST as it is PERFECT as the PINNACLE of RPG status, the "god RPG" *

-----------

after you played/beaten lufia 2 (due to obviously major spoilers), on gamefaqs.com:

read fleadh's 2 threads about the story/emotional/realness of it, he does an epic job at discussing it

(I went and looked up his name, as I couldn't remember it earlier... grr... getting old ain't fun... lol)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 19, 2011 at 09:24 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The Witcher 2 is out!!!...

Here are some awesome videos with featerued characters of the series
    Iorveth
    Zoltan
    Triss
    Vernon Roche

It seems Dandelion is not featured, I wonder if he even appears in the game

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    The Witcher 2 is out!!!...

Here are some awesome videos with featerued characters of the series
    Iorveth
    Zoltan
    Triss
    Vernon Roche

It seems Dandelion is not featured, I wonder if he even appears in the game
    Dandelion is indeed in the game. Just ran into him and Zoltan.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Chrono Trigger is great, but Lufia 2 is the *BEST as it is PERFECT as the PINNACLE of RPG status, the "god RPG" *

-----------

after you played/beaten lufia 2 (due to obviously major spoilers), on gamefaqs.com:

read fleadh's 2 threads about the story/emotional/realness of it, he does an epic job at discussing it

(I went and looked up his name, as I couldn't remember it earlier... grr... getting old ain't fun... lol)
    Ah... I beat all games before I use any kind of faqs or walkthroughs for all the secrets. So I'm not really worried about spoilers. If the secrets are anything like the FF series, then it will be a bit hard to get all without a walkthrough.

The Witcher 2 is out already? I should play 1 before I get 2 then

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Dandelion is indeed in the game. Just ran into him and Zoltan.
    ...I don't have the game, yet so I was worried for that crazy romanitc, hippie

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    ...I don't have the game, yet so I was worried for that crazy romanitc, hippie
    You should be, he was in all kinds of trouble when ol' Geralt happened across him

By the way, some FYI points for those interested in the Witcher 2.
    • It is as good as they say it is.
      There are definitely some bugs that need to be hunted down but so far the basic experience this game offers is just amazing.
    • It is hard, so very very hard(at least on the normal difficulty level).
      It gets a bit easier as you progress but parts of the prologue are just brutal. Primarily because blows stagger your character so if you screw up one parry you just get pounded; combine that with the fact that most fights have you outnumbered at least 5 to 1 and you can see how it could get difficult. I suggest rolling away a lot.
    • It is definitely harder on a PC than Crysis was (which my mid-priced gaming rig is able to play on high settings rather smoothly).
      Unless your gaming rig is sporting some unbelievable hardware you probably won't be maxing out the settings. There have been times when it clearly made my computer want to cry.

So i doubt this game would ever be showing up on XBOX 360 or PS3(at least in anything resembling it's current form). I think both would probably just burst into flames if The Witcher 2 so much as looked at them.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 19, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Ah... I beat all games before I use any kind of faqs or walkthroughs for all the secrets. So I'm not really worried about spoilers. If the secrets are anything like the FF series, then it will be a bit hard to get all without a walkthrough.
    I was just talking about the story-plot aspects in terms of spoilers.

the in-game secrets/side quests/items are pretty hard to miss, there's not any really difficult to discover secrets/sidequests/items in it... as long as you do basic RPG exploration and "thoroughness" (going everywhere you can and talking to people and stuff). the game's quite straight forward for the most part

except... the puzzles get hard... *grins* one of them especially... *ENJOY* hehe

and there's of course the AC (Ancient Cave), an entire game of its own within the game (Lufia 2 is so awesome, so perfect!)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 20, 2011 at 12:46 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow...I'm really blown away by this game. It's really awesome! The special attacks with certain weapons and armor is pretty awesome and new.Well new when the game came out.... In terms of story, I have no idea whats really going on yet, but it has it's moments that made me smile lol.

I'll be pretty busy with this game if you guys don't see me

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yep, the off and def rating of the gear hardly matters, its all about the IPs of the gear (who needs a good def rating, when you got an IP that can fully heal your entire party, hehe)

there's a lot of uber powerful IPs, so pay attention, and also look for special bonus damage on weapons, like x3 fire damage, x3 holy damage, x3 ice/water damage, x3 lightning damage etc.. as well.

look at the gear's IP, and its description of any other special stuff (bonus damage or protections or spells or etc) about it.

the off and def rating of gear doesn't matter as much, hehe
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 20, 2011 at 08:48 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmm RPGs...:3

If there's one series that deserves an honorable mention, its the "Tales Of" series. Especially Tales of Vesperia. If you have a 360, I highly, HIGHLY, recommend getting this game if you don't own it already. It's even available for digital download now.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    You should be, he was in all kinds of trouble when ol' Geralt happened across him

By the way, some FYI points for those interested in the Witcher 2.
    • It is as good as they say it is.
      There are definitely some bugs that need to be hunted down but so far the basic experience this game offers is just amazing.
    • It is hard, so very very hard(at least on the normal difficulty level).
      It gets a bit easier as you progress but parts of the prologue are just brutal. Primarily because blows stagger your character so if you screw up one parry you just get pounded; combine that with the fact that most fights have you outnumbered at least 5 to 1 and you can see how it could get difficult. I suggest rolling away a lot.
    • It is definitely harder on a PC than Crysis was (which my mid-priced gaming rig is able to play on high settings rather smoothly).
      Unless your gaming rig is sporting some unbelievable hardware you probably won't be maxing out the settings. There have been times when it clearly made my computer want to cry.

So i doubt this game would ever be showing up on XBOX 360 or PS3(at least in anything resembling it's current form). I think both would probably just burst into flames if The Witcher 2 so much as looked at them.
    I finally got the game...and it's impressive...and I totally subscribe to this post, except the last point, because I haven't played Crysis...

Anyways...it is hard, at least in the beginning...I think I know what Jammin meant
    Spoiler show

However...the reason why I think sometimes it gets soo hard, is because the controls suck a bit...even though I know I need time to get used to it, locking on to certain foe is a bit tough, also changing directions is funny as well...

But the environment and the story are just eeepic...and not just the story in itself, but the way the story is told...I sometimes find myself just staring at the screen and watching Geralt do his thing, because as someone said in a review, this game is more than a game, it is a cinematic experience...and I agree with that, not just from graphics point of view, but the way the creators chose to insert cutscenes...

Graphics...the environment is great as I said...shades, lighting, movement and combat animation are really smooth and realistic...but I don't think the same can be said about the facial animations...those are quite stiff and lifeless...

About leveling up, and the actual roleplaying part...I dunno what to say, because I just started the game, so...that will come later...

I love the realistic feel of the game...the creators mentioned that they do not wish the gamer to relate personally to Geralt when they play, but rather following Geralt on his journey...which is great and I love it...lots of cutscenes FTW

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@benelori
    Yeah that is exactly the part i was talking about.

I think it's actually the physics engine that is responsible for the difficulty more than the controls. Because the physics of the blows carry over to your character and causing you to lose control after you get hit, so when multiple enemy's chain blows together you just get bounced around with no opportunity to block incoming attacks.

Luckily in that part the AI has very restricted range of aggression. Run like 20 meters away in courtyard and the bad guy's forget you exist. A fact i shamelessly took advantage of
    Last edited by Jammin; May 24, 2011 at 04:37 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup...same here...the hit and run tactic always works...in every game...

However I did notice some bugs here and there...like night guards loading in...or enemies just popping out from nowhere en route to the Kayran cave...

Well things like these can be solved with patches...I really hope some of the movement related issues will be sorted out...when you climb down cliffs, or try to unsheath sword while moving...well...the entire process seems sluggish a bit

New Reply
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast