Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Bleh! Skyrim is so overrated imo
    Nah man, the first 200 hours I played it were the best hours I spent in a game since a long time.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Nah man, the first 200 hours I played it were the best hours I spent in a game since a long time.
    Well, I guess it's because I'm not a fan of Wester Rpg. Dragon Age Origins was the only one I loved and enjoyed. I've tried Witcher and Fable, but they never got me hooked like Origins.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi919 View Post
    Bleh! Skyrim is so overrated imo
    Uchiha's ass is overrated

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss
    My first hundred hours were spent with The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind.I tried at the time to finish every quest out there,but I simply wasn't able to,the game is freakin' huge.

Still waiting since summer for a good RPG to show up.I wonder when the producers will throw us something good...most of 'em don't even make pure RPG's,most of the RPG's have become action-RPG's(best example is DA 2),where the role-playing system comes second after action...this way,the pure RPG by itself may even disappear lol.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    My first hundred hours were spent with The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind.I tried at the time to finish every quest out there,but I simply wasn't able to,the game is freakin' huge.

Still waiting since summer for a good RPG to show up.I wonder when the producers will throw us something good...most of 'em don't even make pure RPG's,most of the RPG's have become action-RPG's(best example is DA 2),where the role-playing system comes second after action...this way,the pure RPG by itself may even disappear lol.
    True, as much I'm not a real fan of turn-based rpg they had its charm. Its like the "RPG" in it were more evident.
    To me RPG is all about making you feel the storyline, like it was you that was living it, and not a mere pastime.
    For a example, now years after I played Leg. of Dragoon I still remeber the characters and the storyline perfectly. And I still love to play it xD

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing all of these reviews for Persona 4 Golden is making me so excited

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Too bad its for Vita :/

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL That's why I'm getting a Vita

Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

They should make a WiiU version Then I'll get it

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of buying Oblivion's 5th Anniversary Edition for the PC since I've been wanting to replay the game for a while now (and properly this time). Can anyone suggest the best mods, ones that make it a better game and add to the experience?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well i cant say these will work for the 5th ann. version since i have game of the year edition i uesd,

unofficial patch: almost fixes every bug in the game

deadly reflex: makes combat easier

Midas Magic Spells of Aurum: more like a DLC than a mod, has new quests spells and if i recall correctly turns eemies to gold

DarNified UI: makes things better especially in HUD.

Oscuro’s Oblivion Overhaul: this makes battles more relatable. it give you the ability to tweak areas level and new items and monsters...

there r many more but most r either aesthetic or not so essential for me. (these r the top of my head... since i got bored with skyrim and returned to oblivion. )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,the best site for getting all the mods would be : http://oblivion.nexusmods.com .Just make an account there and you'll be able to download everything you want.Use the files bar up to go to top files,which are usually the most downloaded & appreciated mods.If anything,I'd recommend first installing the Oblivion Mod Manager(or something like that) to manage your mods properly.The OBSE (oblivion script extender) is also a must for many mods.My advise would be when choosing a mod,to read it's description all the way,so you can see if it requires other mods or if it is incompatible with other mods.

I'd recommend the Natural Environments , the Oblivion Unoficial Patch(fixex a HUGE load of bugs & other stuff,though I personally didn't install it thinking it would conflict with the official patches,later I found out that there is no risk though you may want to read it's description) , Midas Magic Spells of Aurum (adds a huge load of spells and quests and modifies the magic system a bit )...and there are many others,just search on the site above .

I'm thinking of buying the Witcher 2 (maybe I'll find some editions to it ) or another RPG though I simply can not decide which one.It's more like a Christmas gift to myself lol,just so I can spend my free time in a good RPG that will hook me up.Besides The Witcher 2 I can not even think of another,Skyrim goes out of the question (I'm more for atmosphere than just a huge open world,though don't get me wrong,Skyrim was awesome)and then...my mind is blank.Any suggestions ?
    Last edited by g0dzax; December 01, 2012 at 06:05 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well witcher 2 is great. if you want mood, i will go with Deus Ex:Human Revolution. it is a prequel to the original Deus Ex.
    not exactly RPG but more in the vein of Ass.Creed Dishonored. has a very good story, i wished its RPG genes had been more tuned but the game itself is awesome.
    I didnt played the PC version but the PS3 Dark Souls. It is immensely hard and well was great for me.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    It's a great game, I bought it several days ago, and it does not disappoint. I never play the Persona 4 before, and I really enjoy it. The problem I have with the game is only the micromanaging aspect of the daily life, since it is quite difficult for me to allocate some time for leveling and increasing social links if you don't have a plan.

Bottom line : It's a game really worth buying, and if you have to buy Vita only to play this game, I guess that Vita would be worth your money.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC is out...and the spears...such excitement is unparalleled...

New Reply
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast