Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    It's a great game, I bought it several days ago, and it does not disappoint. I never play the Persona 4 before, and I really enjoy it. The problem I have with the game is only the micromanaging aspect of the daily life, since it is quite difficult for me to allocate some time for leveling and increasing social links if you don't have a plan.

Bottom line : It's a game really worth buying, and if you have to buy Vita only to play this game, I guess that Vita would be worth your money.
    Where are you at in the game? I just saved Kanji.

I can PM you my PSN ID if you want. ^^

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Where are you at in the game? I just saved Kanji.

I can PM you my PSN ID if you want. ^^
    I'm just finished saving Rise and Teddie. The most difficult part is yet to come for you.

sure!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I figured. I watched MasterLL's gameplay on yt so I somewhat know what to expect. Right now I'm Level 29 though I probably will level grind a bit before challenging them.

---------- Post added December 05, 2012 at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was December 04, 2012 at 06:23 PM ----------

Oh I almost forgot but the demo for Ni no Kuni is out on PSN.

---------- Post added December 07, 2012 at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was December 05, 2012 at 07:10 PM ----------

Sweet! It looks like Devil Survivor 2 may or may not have a Overclocked http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/07...vor-2-project/. ^^

However, it will have an anime adaptation which will air in April next year.

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Far Cry 3 sux.
    skills and xp? that is not enough to reach RPG level.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    Far Cry 3 sux.
    skills and xp? that is not enough to reach RPG level.
    I'm enjoying it. It's basically "Rambo the game" where you run around to avenging and rescuing the main characters friends. All the while free roaming around and killing tons, and tons, and TONS of pirates.

It's kind of a shame that the story....isn't very good. I'm nowhere near beating it yet but so far it just feels like nothing comes together on the narrative front. The decision to make all the local characters crazy was highly questionable. Clearly, whoever wrote this thing LOVED the movie "Apocalypse Now". Personally, I would have preferred they focused on more on few more sympathetic characters which would at the very least create a sense of contrast.

Instead, it just keeps going through crazy characters you just want to kill; if only to make them finally shut up. Which is probably the point. Since the game seems to want to be about a good intentioned main character slowly drifting onto the darker side of the moral spectrum.

I think that was a bit of a missed opportunity. If it had given you a little more choice about "who you fight for" and "why you fight for them" I think it could have been really good.
    Last edited by Jammin; December 07, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

The only good thing left in all new RPG games is the fact that you can make your own decisions and choose between different paths. If you take that away from an open world game, the only thing left is the shooting and that will make it just another FPS.

Personally, I find Far Cry 3 repetitive and has an extremely low replay value. I also hated the main character (your typical wuss in the woods). As you mentioned, they tried to make a story where someone drifts from a normal life to a twisted one with his own free will. They also tried to tell us that harsh experiences can change people's hearts ... etc. But it was executed poorly.

I have no complaints about the graphics and the game-play, except for some minor terrain glitches... I think I'm at 80% or 90%. So, I might change my mind if there's a big twist waiting at the end.

So far the best part in the game is when you listen to the pirates dialogues and hear this "it hurts like a motha when I piss, I shoul've used the rubba"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsatsu View Post
    The only good thing left in all new RPG games is the fact that you can make your own decisions and choose between different paths. If you take that away from an open world game, the only thing left is the shooting and that will make it just another FPS.

Personally, I find Far Cry 3 repetitive and has an extremely low replay value. I also hated the main character (your typical wuss in the woods). As you mentioned, they tried to make a story where someone drifts from a normal life to a twisted one with his own free will. They also tried to tell us that harsh experiences can change people's hearts ... etc. But it was executed poorly.

I have no complaints about the graphics and the game-play, except for some minor terrain glitches... I think I'm at 80% or 90%. So, I might change my mind if there's a big twist waiting at the end.

So far the best part in the game is when you listen to the pirates dialogues and hear this "it hurts like a motha when I piss, I shoul've used the rubba"
    That's fair.

Though I have taken a lot of joy from the crisp stealth mechanics and how smooth the gameplay is. It definitely is more of a shooter than it is an RPG all things considered. The real fun though is the exploring, hunting, taking outposts, knife assassination missions. The story missions are basically crap.

I guess, I haven't found it as repetitive as you though. I was always pretty pleased with the variety of things you can do and differing environments you can do them in. My only real complaint is the story and the characters which are just not very good.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some more info on Dark Soul II has been posted.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Some more info on Dark Soul II has been posted.
    I feel bad about this.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ The part that makes me nervous was the fact they want the story to be less subtle. That was one of the best part of Dark Souls imo

More Dark Soul II info is up

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really sure what to think.

I mean, Dark Souls had a pretty specific appeal. The mystery and the subtlety were a huge part of it. So I'm not entirely sure it's possible to broaden the appeal in they way these details seem to indicate they intend without losing much of that. I'm of the mind that a Dark Souls experience should be dark, quiet, and solitary. You feel very much like your are exploring a dangerous world by yourself, on your own terms, and the fun is in conquering it.

It's one of those rare games where I think more story and stronger characters would be a disservice. I think it could still be a fun game and maybe even a great RPG, but it won't be "like Dark Souls".

------------------------------------------

Something I'll be keeping an eye on is the online aspect. Part of the fun of Dark Souls was that other players were strangers with whom you mostly communicated through actions. I'd hate to see that change.

Much like in Journey that sense of unknown really made it seem special.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

They seek more money and a larger audience to make MORE CASH. It's a shame. The Souls games have a special place in my heart. I don't think that this one is going to be one of them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some more concepts of Dark Souls II have been posted

---------- Post added January 02, 2013 at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was December 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM ----------

Some more Dark Souls II info:

- The world will be slightly larger though it won't be an open world (my brother thinks it'll be like Demon's Souls)
    - There will be a game server
    - No weapon or item DLCs
    - They want to stay true to the original game but makes upgrades to it

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...Another RPG'er here, since tbh, I only play RPG games...I don't like any other kind of games.

But again, judging from the comments here, guess I probably won't be able to stand in all that much, taken that I only play JRPG...in original Japanese only. Not to mention, I'm mainstreamed specifically on Tales series (currently am playing Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Innocence R, which of both are still Japanese only...Tales of Xillia 2 is awesome so far though...except for the fact that the protagonist is too silent, while judging from most of the choices we're given, he should be able to talk a lot more than this...but with this, he's even more silent than a certain protagonist of a game in this series who's known for being a quiet character yet can always endlessly scream a name of his loved one. Other than that, at least it feels better than its prequel for me. Tales of Xillia...wasn't all that much story-wise really, but Tales of Xillia 2 just has a lot better touch than it. As for Tales of Innocence R...nothing much really. I played the original one, and actually didn't really like it. Bought PSV just for P4G, so I figured I'll grab this one as well...but so far, it doesn't really impress me all that much. ._."), and only occasionally jump to other series...like Final Fantasy (XIII sucks so bad I don't want to buy its sequel though...I didn't even complete XIII yet) and Persona (In love with Persona 4. Got Golden. Played it. Cleared it. Currently on second playthrough to max out all the social links, since I completely missed Mary's and Adachi's S.link in my first one...-_-")
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; January 04, 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    ...Another RPG'er here, since tbh, I only play RPG games...I don't like any other kind of games.

But again, judging from the comments here, guess I probably won't be able to stand in all that much, taken that I only play JRPG...in original Japanese only. Not to mention, I'm mainstreamed specifically on Tales series (currently am playing Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Innocence R, which of both are still Japanese only...Tales of Xillia 2 is awesome so far though...except for the fact that the protagonist is too silent, while judging from most of the choices we're given, he should be able to talk a lot more than this...but with this, he's even more silent than a certain protagonist of a game in this series who's known for being a quiet character yet can always endlessly scream a name of his loved one. Other than that, at least it feels better than its prequel for me. Tales of Xillia...wasn't all that much story-wise really, but Tales of Xillia 2 just has a lot better touch than it. As for Tales of Innocence R...nothing much really. I played the original one, and actually didn't really like it. Bought PSV just for P4G, so I figured I'll grab this one as well...but so far, it doesn't really impress me all that much. ._."), and only occasionally jump to other series...like Final Fantasy (XIII sucks so bad I don't want to buy its sequel though...I didn't even complete XIII yet) and Persona (In love with Persona 4. Got Golden. Played it. Cleared it. Currently on second playthrough to max out all the social links, since I completely missed Mary's and Adachi's S.link in my first one...-_-")
    I'm so jealous of your ability to play understand Japanese and play those games.

Have you played Valkyrie Chronicles 3 by chance. I'm dying to play that game but Sega just won't let me.(Localize it you bastards!)

New Reply
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast