Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The outcome will be.....

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ukitake may be a sick man but he will defeat Rose

16 72.73%
  • With his musical talent....he'd be the winner

6 27.27%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukitake Juushirou vs. Otouribashi Rose

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake Juushirou vs. Otouribashi Rose

El campo seems to be kind of slow right now so I think it's time for a new thread.

Here we have Rose vs. Juushirou. The fight takes place in the air somewhere in the real world. Both of them can use their shikai only (so no bankai speculation here). No kidou speculation either, we know Juushirou has high stats in kidou but for all we know Rose could as well.

Juushirou will not be hampered by his tuberculosis, but Rose can freely use his hollow powers. Oh, and because people always confuse Love and Rose, Rose is the musician vaizard with the whip that has a rose at the tip.

Discuss away.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ukitake Juushirou vs. Otouribashi Rose

Not sure about this one....

On one hand, rose has a flexible long range weapon which he can control freely. Freely controlling the whip means it is hard to block with a sword (or two). IMO love would have a weapon advantage. Not to mention the explosion at the tip of the whip is convenient. Mask is never a bad thing. Reiatsu boost along with an increase in strength, speed and stamina. Can't hurt at least.

Ukitake has two swords, but as I said before, blocking a flexible long range weapon is gonna be hard. Perhaps the ability it showed would protect him from the explosion although to be sure we'd need a tad more info.

Not really sure about this one. If ukitake's shikai is limited to what we saw I'd have to lean towards rose though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake is a captain, so no doubt his sword skills are top-notch. He should also have at least decent agility and strength. Rose was a captain too, so his stats should be up there as well. The thing is, even if they were somewhat in the same ballpark in terms of stats, hollowfication bumps Rose up to the next tier.

As for how their abilities match up against each other, from what we've seen Rose's shikai (kinshara) seems to have kidou/magic attributes, but it is also an effective melee weapon. Rose may make the mistake once of using some kind of sonata that Juushirou is able to send back to him, but I don't see that becoming a recurring issue. Like kkck said in the above post, in terms of weapons, a whip (in capable hands) is deadly weapon. It is far more difficult to read and predict a whip's movements than it is for a sword (or two), so I don't think Juushirou would have an easy time against Rose if they engaged in CQB.

Out of all the zanpakutou I've seen before, kinshara has left me, more so than others, wanting to see more of it. Also, Rose seems to be a unique character in that he possess a power unique to him (music) that is totally different from kidou, zanjutsu, and other shinigami or even hollow abilities that we've previously seen. In fact, even though he's probably the least popular of the captain vaizards, I think Rose is one of the stronger ones of the four. I would place him above Love and Kensei.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; June 30, 2010 at 03:46 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I got Juushiro on this one. No TB to worry about he's free to get excited, even though I doubt he'll get excited. He seems calm and collect most of the time. I believe he's more skilled all around than Rose. The whip doesn't seem like a big deal, the time it takes and Juushiro could close the distance. Soguyo nokotowari has more to it than absoring kido based attacks I'm sure. But from the little we know of each of them, I'd say it comes down to Masked Rose, that doesn't stay on long, and Juushiro absorbing kido based attacks and redirecting them and using his own kido.

Slight win to Juushiro for me.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

With what we saw about them, it's hard to decide. We need to see more about Ukitake, I believe his shikai has another ability and his combat skills are top-notch.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not get the impression the whip required any time at all to use. If anything, it seemed to have at the very least decent speed and the explosion technique seemed reasonably fast, practically instantaneous (unless we assume the wolve that took the explosion was stationary).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's too early for this thread. But call it a gut feeling, I'd go with Ukitake. I have no reason whatsoever to back this up though.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to be the same speed as a sword strike....no way people can vote on this we know NOTHING about either character that shows they are better...if kubo didnt mess us up with ukitake we might know more about him same with rose.... at the moment it seems rose is better as he got added bonus of a mask but even then that is stretching the truth abit.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen enough of Rose with his Mask to realize it's nothing special. If Juushiro is anywhere close to what Shunsui is, he's definitely stronger than a masked Rose.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

we seen nothing of Ukitake n we seen nothing of Rose for you to claim he is nothing special... just coz he mates with shunsui doesnt make him as good in a team there is always one weaker than the other

all we seen is ukitake redirect a few ceros saving shunsui arse then get kubo pwned by WW and we saw nothing of the yamma "fight" for all we know yamma didnt attack or go all out against them.

all we seen from Rose is hit a few wolves n get burned by them.....thats it

we seen less of Rose so you cant claim he nothing special

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with Ukitake. Yama-jii states that he and Kyouraku are the best of the best together. Not to mention, Ukitake can turn whatever energy oriented attacks that are launched at him into his own weapon. Likewise, I'm pretty certain his "singing" that killed those Menos only works on weak enemies.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Why is ukitake being a good team with shunsui relevant? Ukitake is fighting alone, him having the best teamwork with shunsui means nothing.... Also, rose has yet to use an energy beam or anything of the sort. The attack he used from his whip does not really start as an energy beam, it starts as an explosion from the tip of the whip. Not sure how that can be redirected...

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll agree with KKCK above. Reference of Shunsui and Ukitake being a good team is irrelevant. I voted for Ukitake, though we haven't seen much of Ukitake and Rose to properly assess them. But going by impressions of the character I'd say Ukitake may be more powerful than Rose.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't JUST as a team that Yama was referring to with Shunsui and Juushiro. He said their abilities have always been above the rest. Past and present. That was before he said anything of their combined abilities. There seems to be a lot of confusion in this regard.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    ^Why is ukitake being a good team with shunsui relevant? Ukitake is fighting alone, him having the best teamwork with shunsui means nothing.... Also, rose has yet to use an energy beam or anything of the sort. The attack he used from his whip does not really start as an energy beam, it starts as an explosion from the tip of the whip. Not sure how that can be redirected...
    He never said their teamwork made them the best. He said there were never any Shinigami to graduate his academy above them. That they together were his two best students. Not they as a team.

And yes, Rose has used an energy attack: Love said so. Well, he called it a magic attack actually. But the AoE explosion he made by placing his whip in the center of the wolves before causing an explosion.http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/373/11/

And since Ukitake can change the speed of the attack that comes out, he can hold it back long enough to aim it in the necessiray spot. Whips aren't very good blocking weapons.
    Last edited by ninjabot; July 09, 2010 at 07:36 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast