Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Liar Game 138 Discussion / 139 Prediction

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game 138 Discussion / 139 Prediction

This is our first thread for a solo Liar Game chapter.

TDX has scaned another chapter of Liar Game. Go to your favorite online reader and come back to discuss.
    Last edited by Akiyama; July 21, 2010 at 06:02 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game 138 Discussion / 139 Prediction

Well, 138 is the last chapter of the current round. 139 should be the start of a new Consolation Match (this is what LG: Invitation officially calls it in English). I've no shred of doubt that this is what awaits us, it's very clear from what Nearko says and Harimoto's confidence about next rounds. Besides, profiting or not, Aki and co technically lost, so they need a COnsolation Match for the manga to continue

What kind of game it will be... impossible to say, but I have an insistent feeling that we won't see Yokoya there, but will definitely see Samue (taking into account the pretty large number of people who lost, it's probably safe to assume all of them will be divided into two or more groups again, like in the Qualifier, and Harimoto and Akiyama will end up together, while Yokoya will be left to his own devices in another group... having no trouble at all winning the Consolation Match).
    Last edited by fanatik; July 02, 2010 at 01:36 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TDX - 138 spoiler
    As we remember, Yokoya failed to take a seat due to the plan of Akiyama's group and the Gaya Alliance to lock him inside a live circle, which resulted in Fatso becoming the final winner.

Forli is wondering, though, "But Akiyama doesn't actually benefit from Fatso's victory, does he?"

But the distribution of Ikzawa's medals in reality is as follows:

Akiyama's group:
    Akiyama - 4
    Kanzaki - 4
    Fukunaga - 2
    Akagi - 2
    4-Eyes - 2

The Gaya Alliance:
    Macho - 1
    Giant - 1
    Pomade - 1
    Bleached Ponytail - 1
    Brows - 1
    Afro - 1
    Mushroom - 1

Thus, Akiyama's group have 14 of Ikezawa's medals in their possession, and 9 out of 23 were distributed among Gaya according to Akiyama's calculation. Since Baldy and Shima are traitors, they got no share in this. The whole number of Fatso's medals is 23, as we remember, so everybody else, except for the above-mentioned, have now to shoulder a debt.

We see Ikezawa, who doesn't know anything yet, come back to the meeting place in front of the mansion. He thinks that Kanzaki Nao had to become Gaya in this period, so he breaks into a smile at the prospect of getting very good money, unable to hide his delight.

Alsab: This time Kanzaki Nao-san has become Gaya.
    Fatso's excited, having confidence in the name of the final winner (Haha, seriously)))

Alsab: And also Yokoya Norihiko-san. And our final winner is Ikezawa-san!!!
    Ikezawa: EEEEEEH?! WTF IS THIS, YOKOYA?!
    As Ikezawa comes closer to Yokoya, Yokoya turns away from him with irritation and disappointment evident on his face.

Alsab: Well then, those possessing Ikezawa-san's medals can turn them into money with the rate 1 medal = 100 million yen inside the mansion.

Akiyama invites Nao to come with him to exchange the medals for money, but she instead goes to Abe.
    Nao: Abe-san, please take this. It is a thanks for your help!
    Abe: I can't. I'm still a member of Samue's group.My team won't be getting anything, so it won't do for me alone to get anything. My meeting you is enought already.
    Having said this, Abe leaves.

Meanwhile in the observation room Nearko says that he honestly believed that Samue's group would emerge victorious. He also notes that, in his opinion, Akiyama and Yokoya are tied with 50/50 chances, but Harimoto has abilities to have a slightly better chance than them. He adds that even though Harimoto lost this time, these chances won't change in future rounds as Harimoto's strategy of controlling the heart is superior to Akiyama and Yokoya's logic attacks. However, Kanzaki Nao is becoming an adequate match for him where moving one's heart is concerned. As a proof, it's thanks to Nao that Akiyama's group is so solidary, not to mention that even Abe, who was abused ever since her infancy by her parents and was bullied all through the school years, nestling darkness in her heart, was able to open up her heart to Nao, even if just a little. And this is only the beginning. Nearko predicts that from now on Abe will be getting attached to Nao only more.

We're back to the meeting square in front of the mansion.

Harimoto, who sensed Abe's internal turmoil, orders Kimura, "Pay special heed to the 500 year old one's moves in the next game."

Yokoya's standing there with the expresion of intense hatred on his face.

And with this, the Steal-A-Chair Game is officially concluded.

I gotta add, that it's likely Shinobu will be taking a break for several weeks in the worst case before the next game.
    Don't worry about using spoiler tags this time since it's a special transition from LG thread to forum.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So.... no one was disqualified this round?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

wait wat!? I thought the last chapter was 137.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sweet, but did it come out yet? 138 that is

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck - We will have to wait and find out?

@hibar90 - There is a hiatus after this chapter (138), let's hope it's short.

@firework - The thread was created before the chapter, I crossed out some stuff in the first post. I would expect to see a scan soon since TDX has already posted spoilers. It's a waiting game now.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx for info! Looks like nao's talent is getting more appreciated. Before we just see logic as the ultimate weapon. But now we have "heart" which is just as powerful. Combining logic and heart is the reason why akiyama's group wins big this time. They don't have to pay to drop, and can continue without debt (less debt anyway).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think "heart" is an alternative strategy. it just adds another option that can be used by logic.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does TDX have a website anymore? I'm curious as to where they posted this spoiler, and where their releases can be downloaded if I don't feel like just using OneManga. I know they used to just release things directly onto MH, but they can't anymore, so....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@HikaruYami - I always download them from mangatraders.com, fanatik uploads them for us.

The spoilers are from mangafox, but I'm a loyal MHer so I bring the info to everyone.

The TDX scan group does not have a website, but it would be awesome if they did, a wordpress and blogspot site is easy to setup.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterofDeath View Post
    i don't think "heart" is an alternative strategy. it just adds another option that can be used by logic.
    I agree with that.... Using the heart is not that different from using logic, it is merely an extra factor to be considered which can be manipulated and exploited. The main difference is that what akiyama and yokoya use is something that can be calculated, they read the logical progression of the game. Samue did indeed do this although not to the same extent as akiyama and yokoya. His abilities to read the logical progression of the game and plan were not quite there but in turn by appealing to the irrational subjectivity(or perhaps lack of subjectivity considering the fanatical bubbles that followed him) of people he could consider into his plan things that would normally be invincible to the naked eye. It is not as much as heart and logic being different things, rather merely something else to consider in a plan.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

What I meant with heart and logic was which one that a character targets when trying to persuade someone. Akiyama and Yokoya always try to approach by presenting numbers, facts and probabilities. Using calculation they showed how much trouble a character is in and convince them to join their side. On the other hand samue "approach" most side characters the same way nao did. However, there is deception of some extent, while Nao is honest. Nao hasn't figure it out yet, but she is the glue that keeps the group strong. Pretty much samue rival. But of course samue has a brain bigger than a walnut. Samue is like fukunaga (maybe not as sharp by a tiny bit) + nao.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Thus, Akiyama's group have 14 of Ikezawa's medals in their possession, and 9 out of 23 were distributed among Gaya according to Akiyama's calculation."

But, JW about something:

"Akiyama's group:
    Akiyama - 4
    Kanzaki - 4
    Fukunaga - 2
    Akagi - 2
    4-Eyes - 2
    (Totals 14)
    The Gaya Alliance:
    Macho - 1
    Giant - 1
    Pomade - 1
    Bleached Ponytail - 1
    Brows - 1
    Afro - 1
    Mushroom - 1"
    (Totals 7)

7+14 = 21 of the 23 medals. Where are the other 2? 0_o

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

TDX posted this a while ago, the other extras have the remaining 2 medals, he just forgot to add them to the original spoiler.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast