Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Liar Game 138 Discussion / 139 Prediction

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game 138 Discussion / 139 Prediction

Is TDX in charge of other projects...cuz sure this chapter release is taking its time...they had regular intervals, but they stopped before the hiatus...by the way is the hiatus really happening?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Is chapter 138 really out? I can't find it anywhere. xD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ikzer's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't find even RAWs for chapter 138. Is it really out?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't repost a question that has already been asked. When someone finds out about chapter 138 I'm sure they will share the information. Anymore posts asking where chapter 138 is will be deleted. Thank you. ~Drmke

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinese 138 Scan, looks like Yokoya is sweating buckets.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, ain´t that a sight. As some people would put it, yokoya´s expression is that of a man who just ate shit. Can´t believe how easily akiyama won the game though... he merely had to make sure to outlive one team and let the other one win.... it was so easy... Anyone noticed akiyama´s team just made a load of money in comparison to the rest? I think that will play a part in them moving onward to the next round.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, ain´t that a sight. As some people would put it, yokoya´s expression is that of a man who just ate shit. Can´t believe how easily akiyama won the game though... he merely had to make sure to outlive one team and let the other one win.... it was so easy... Anyone noticed akiyama´s team just made a load of money in comparison to the rest? I think that will play a part in them moving onward to the next round.
    Yea as I thought when reading 137. This is akiyama complete victory. He gets cash (also for other) and got (others as well) to leave the game.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Hm interestingly that would mean only Harimoto's & Yokoya's group along with Young Jump (who doesn't seem to have a medal either) tasted complete defeat, as both groups don't have a single one of Ikezawa's medals. Another thing that concerns me is that Yokoya's group just got smaller if there is a revival round, since Ikezawa is the winner I assume he wouldn't be participating in that.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nao has been said to have grown and improved over the games.... wonder how would she managed a revival round on her own.... She showed some insight as to how to work through certain moments of the musical chair game to the point where even fukanaga was surprised so perhaps she could actually handle a revival round on her own provided whoever she is not up against is at most at fukanaga's level. If she has a revival round against yokoya or samue without akiyama she is screwed though.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, the chapter 138 is out for real now. So go read before looking at my entire post.

Nao was willing to give 2 medals to Abe, she's so kind and thoughtful. Playing the game honestly and listening to other players situations is what makes Nao stand out. She might hesitate and be shy but she always wants to help out others before herself, she's my hero.

I really enjoyed the commentary by the dealers in this chapter especially. Each one of them probably has side bets and picks a person to win the game. xD

So the real questions are how will the next revival round be determined. Will they be divided into multiple groups and sent to different locations? How about another team competitions like the contraband game or the 2nd revival round? What if Fukunaga, 4 eyes, Akagi, Nao, and Akiyama get seperated and have to face each other as rivals? D:

Can't wait to see the next game.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the discussion for this chapter has been done way before the scanlation, we've been spoiled. Anyways I love the top panel of this page , Akiyama's sarcasm is just gold.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/liar_game/v13/c138/8.html

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

A great ending for a great arc! Maybe my favourite arc in Liar Game (yet that is)! To be honest I preferred the first half more than the second (my enthusiasm began waning after the appearance of the Gaya Alliance), though that happens a lot with the big arcs in this series. At least this wasn't another repeat of the 3rd round in terms of size. I definitely want to see more of Harimoto. He looks like such a cool character, even if he can be a little "evil".

Its with arcs like this that make me wish that I could one day play one of these Liar Games !

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHA, Fatso's reaction that he was the winner was hysterical, his jaw dropped a mile . I liked how at the last second everything flip flopped just by making Fatso the winner, I had actually forgot that they had given away all his medals at this point because he wasn't supposed to win. I really liked how that turned out.

Once again we got another speech bout how Nao is a threat to the LG at the end of a round from the dealers . Its true everything that was said but this time I felt like the speech was forced a bit, as if they were promoting her a bit too much and amplifying her qualities. Out of all the games this one wasn't one where her performance outstanded or surprised me as much so maybe thats why I felt the speech was like that. Don't get me wrong she played well but maybe after that last few rounds where she really grew I just expected her to do as well as she did this time, and as a result didn't need the over exaggerated praise she got at the end. I guess this is just my opinion but I just didn't get a "great" feeling from the end compliments and actually felt a bit odd to me .

Anywho thats just what I think, and I'm curious to see what she does with the winnings and who she tries to save if she can save anyone this time because she's always looking and trying to do that. Since Abe didn't except I wonder who she will go to next?

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter along with assessing the powers of each team and giving a short description of their characters, I think it confirmed a few things. One is that the battles from now one won't involve any new brilliant characters, so the battle will be fought between these 3 teams...that means that the games will continue the difference will only be that in different stages of the game different people will confront each other until the final where these 3 will confront again...

Harimoto gaining such praise is a bit weird for me, because by the descriptions he should've been in the final confronation with Akiyama not Yokoya, because Akiyama was just a sideliner and aimed for the profit, not for winning, just like yokoya did in the contraband game in the end...so it is 1:1 in the Akiyama Yokoya battle...

From what I've read until now, somehow I sense that these 3 teams will transform into Akiyama/Kanzaki vs/ yokoy/harimoto, because it's the perfect setup for a confrontation between teams that appeal to the mind and heart...the downfall will be treason like always, but slowly Kanzaki will persuade everyone, of course except fanatics...

Great chapter nonetheless, the conclusion revealed much more then the results of the game...let's hope the hiatus won't last long

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Next round should be interesting.... Yokoya just learned a bit more about how to manipulate the rules, he is certainly not only not going to neglect the physical aspect of the game but also aim to take advantage of it from now on. He will most likely find out about why he was betrayed and do everything in his power to use similar methods. Yokoya has appealed to the heart and whatnot before although in an unsuccesful way. In the past he used fear which did not work very well as people in his team betrayed him in an instant. In all likelyhood, next round he'll try to gain genuine trust from his teammates for the sake of not only manipulating them but also to ensure his team remains united. This round he showed that he learned domination was not about getting absolutely everything but rather choosing his victories and give up something while at the same time obtaining control and have things ultimately go his way. In that sense, manipulating actual emotions would be the next logical step.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast