Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Liar Game 138 Discussion / 139 Prediction

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game 138 Discussion / 139 Prediction

^^That's a valid point, and somehow contradicts my theory about his alliance with Harimoto...but his past doesn't really recommend him to be trusted, and if he isn't trusted then he might resort to tactics to unite his team...but in the end he still believes that Liar Game is about who lies more and better, so in the end betrayal will be his middle name, and gaining trust will be more difficult, so I see him use fear again, probably with his experience with manipulating the rules as learned in this game, as U said

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think yokoya would resort to fear again, he'd be very unwise if he does and the result would be betrayal just as before. I mean, as the games advances teams become more important. It is extremely important to have a number if people that you can trust to not betray you over money. Team akiyama has that for the most part. Even fukanaga is unlikely to betray akiyama since he seems to be a tad in love with the guy (as pointed out by nao). Yokoya needs that in the game. He does not need to trust or be loyal to his partners, he just needs them to have an emotional like towards him which would prevent them from pulling something. Take a look at the team he had from the previous round. The second one of harimoto's girls came onto the guy he switched teams altogether. Just the prospect, the sliver of a possibility, he could get some was enough for him to betray his team (he did get trash medals though). Lets even look at the tools yokoya has used to dominate:

1.- Initially fear during the contraband game and revival round. Did not work and a number of teammates betrayed him in a second.
    2.- Greed. As soon as the virus game began he offered a bunch of money for his teammates. He kept those teammates in the virus and chair yet greed proved to not be enough. Who'd thought men wanted to get some rather than money... As we saw, he was betrayed.

If yokoya uses fear again he has to make sure the fear in question is so strong not even the prospect of losing is enough for them to betray him (as it was the prospect of losing which contributed to his defeat in the contraband game) and also strong enough that they'd even forsake an emotional attachment or their libido. In other words, yokoya would have to pound a fear to potent into his teammates that they would rather face the LGT before yokoya himself. Basically, yokoya would have to convinced his teammates he will literally kill them in a way so morbid, so grotesque, so cruel, so painful that even the prospect of paying millions to the LGT pales in comparison. In that sense, fear is an unwise and unlikely to work tactic altogether.

Only place yokoya can go from now in order to keep his team from betraying him is to have them form an emotional connection with him, to make them believe he is really their friend. Yokoya must be aware of the bond between members of team akiyama and he must have certainly noticed the undying fanaticism harimoto's followers suffer from, even he coudl realize the importance of it. OF course, he can still be betrayed by his teammates but if he gets them to be as loyal to him as fukanaga or nao are to akiyama then akiyama and nao are in for a very difficult match.
    Last edited by kkck; July 22, 2010 at 03:32 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck your points about what Yokoya needs to do next is very interesting. In the end however... Will he indeed take the plunge to try and connect to people at some other level than greed followed by fear to dominance, which to me appears to be the pattern of how Yokoya manages his team (he wins em over through greed, then begins to instill fear through his system of management as we've seen in this game, to finally complete dominance that they'll completely obey him to the point of giving up all the medals). He perhaps has noticed that he may need to connect better to people, he certainly was 'nicer' to his team mates this time around compared to the Contraband game, but frankly I'm doubtful he can take the plunge he needs.

Reason for me being that Yokoya doesn't appear to have developed HOW to connect to people at any other level than greed or fear. I somehow doubt the man has any idea what 'love' or 'friendship' is he may know it but I don't think he's particularly experienced it given how he views people to be beneath him or enemies. He may want to use tactics that appeal to the heart but lets face it he doesn't have a heart, well at least one that can create bonds with people the way Nao (sincerity) and Harimoto (comfort) do, so even if he did take a plunge I doubt it would be successful to help him.

In fact... I'm even more hesitant to believe anyone would be appealed by Yokoya approaching them in a friendly manner the way Nao and Harimoto would since he appears quite shifty (shaved eyebrows are certainly no help), Nao being a woman with an innocent look and Harimoto being an shabbily dressed old man put people off their guard which helps in their ability to approach people.
    Last edited by Hamy; July 24, 2010 at 08:23 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member weird_pirate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

spent the last few days just readin this and wow likin much....i have no idea wat they might doXP

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

When will 139 be out

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

September apparently.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

why then?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's basically when the current hiatus ends, there is no other reason. This is my first LG hiatus, anyone knows how many chapters there usually are between them? If they all are like this one then it is not that bad, just a couple months each....

How long from now is the chapter supposed to be out? I think liar game has weekly releases for the most part but I can't remember which week the manga was supposed to be back.

That said, I have little expectations from the next chapter; I think it'll be similar to other end of game chapters. The most we will get from the next chapter is the name of game V.

That said, I am hoping for monopoly.
    Last edited by kkck; September 01, 2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I read liar game before onemanga was still on and I finished the chapter where they made the live circle and was shown that fatso is final winner yet on onemanga they say it has 137 chapters and when I checked other sites they had 138 but this chapter was only when yokoya removed kanzaki's chair I'm bit confused right now so I'm asking what number should I be looking for if I want to read new chapter when it comes out ... if the question was already answered somewhere I'm sorry I must have somehow missed it... anyway thx ^^

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where to find the actual chapter 138 although you did not lose much. I guess you could look up in megauploud or rapidshare for the raw.

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vankazen's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

From now on, posts asking questions about the hiatuses this manga takes are to be posted in this thread. I know its frustrating, but let's keep this thread about chapter 138 and not hiatus discussion. Thanks.

~Drmke

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read this entire thread, hoping it would lead to a releasement date for the 139 chapter. I was mistaken. BUT... I did hear lots of intresting things about your predictions about LG. I believe what most of you say.

But I do believe that heart isn't logic. How can you predict when a person will betray you? True, logic can prove that it could be highly likey or unlikey that a person will or not. But what if they throw caution to the wind and actually do something for the sake of it? Stranger things have happend. Yes, heart can be manipulated and wounded, but can it be unpredictable? Yes. Is it always? No.

That's where Nao comes in. Akiyama could care less who is safe and debt free. (Okay, except maybe Nao...xD) But because Nao insists on helping others, not many doubt her when she says something. No matter how ignorant they thinks she is, they believe her.

She shows honesty even to the most ruthless, slimebuckets in her situation, which is more than i can say. And look where that's gotten her? A ingenius con-man/friend that would steal the world for her, which, he just might. A hilarious HESHE that can kicks some freaking crap! A couple of incredibly loyal followers. And the trust of all the contestants. Ignorant and naive? Maybe. Dumb? I THINK NOT.

Now that I've ranted off about Nao, I'm thinking of a cliche'.... What if at the very endddd of the LG series, Nao and Akiyama have to face each other? KAWAII~ *nosebleed* That be really hard for Nao, huh? She may have her spurts of brilliance once in a while, but can she take the genius, Akiyama? But Akiyama would have to hurt an honest woman. Something he took down a corporate for doing. Could he fight off his own hipocracy?

>w< Sorry I talked about nothing but lameo stuff~

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Mali
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by random230 View Post
    Now that I've ranted off about Nao, I'm thinking of a cliche'.... What if at the very endddd of the LG series, Nao and Akiyama have to face each other? KAWAII~ *nosebleed* That be really hard for Nao, huh? She may have her spurts of brilliance once in a while, but can she take the genius, Akiyama? But Akiyama would have to hurt an honest woman. Something he took down a corporate for doing. Could he fight off his own hipocracy?

>w< Sorry I talked about nothing but lameo stuff~
    I think that's actually the kind of situation Nao and Akiyama would want to be in. They are a team no matter what, don't you think ? when your enemy is actually your friend there is no contest, whoever wins would make the loser profit.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brebaz's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I just read chapter 138 didn't know it took so long to come out this manga is amazing.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3