Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dragon Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dragon Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Geez View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]An air logia fruit seems too overwhelming: with it, you could fly, create storms, disappear in thin air, your body is the whole wide world's air... damn you're a god !
    Not to mention that you can just withhold oxygen and everyone dies

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nguqua View Post
    Not to mention that you can just withhold oxygen and everyone dies
    A logia user can only control the element he produces because it is his own body, so he cannot control the same element which is naturally produced.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    A logia user can only control the element he produces because it is his own body, so he cannot control the same element which is naturally produced.
    Crocodile has been seen manipulating the desert. He evens said that no one can beat him in the desert.

Enel was also seen controlling the electricity from the giant black ball cloud that his ship was producing.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocodile has been seen manipulating the desert. He evens said that no one can beat him in the desert.

Enel was also seen controlling the electricity from the giant black ball cloud that his ship was producing.
    I think The Desert was being affected by crocodiles DF because fore one he created a small sandstorm and let it loose then from there on nature takes it away to Yuba and then his Ground Death attack was him placing his hand on the ground and sucking the life from the ground with his DF

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

They were actually both affecting the natural elements with their own powers, so they were definitely not controlling the natural elements: their elemental bodies were interacting with their respective natural elements.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; November 26, 2010 at 07:31 PM.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. Crocodile was seen creating a giant quick sand by simply touching the desert. I think that was clear indication of him manipulating the desert.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GomuGomuNo's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

made a research, sounds nice, doesn't it?

The interpretation of the dragon as a symbol of the conflict of natural forces, the changing seasons and the victory of summer over winter is also one of the "lunar " explanations of the early mythological research.

In the Far East he was a part, a symbol of imperial rule, on the other hand, to a water deity. Ceremonies in which dragons are begging for rain, have made him almost as a god of rain;

----

Dragon Zoan Type can control water. (condesne and so on...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Dragon Zoan Type can control water. (condesne and so on...)
    this would be totally imbalance plus Oda doesnt want to relate in in water ability..
    i think it is a weather one and a paramecia type.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Double Dragon XD

GomuGomuNo
    We already got another "Dragon" affiliated with "water" introduced, Shiryū/Seiryū[click for much mor info on eastern dragons], romanized Shiliew of the Rain. I doubt Oda would reuse that topic on another major character just to appease fans and hype his own character.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice old thread!

IMO, Chapter 586 also shown us a wind stream. It's pulled/pushed Sabo till Dragon. And Sabo suddenly stopped when he reached Dragon.
    Spoiler show

As it was an intramural scene I think it wasn't a wind blowing from the Gray Terminal's flames.
    Last edited by alelucas; May 14, 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MaZa's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

what if Dragon is the last lost king of the kingdom that was lost at the void century and know he want to take revenge from the world government

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaZa View Post
    what if Dragon is the last lost king of the kingdom that was lost at the void century and know he want to take revenge from the world government
    Nah, he was born after Garp, centuries after the Lost Century and even if the D.s have a common ancestry, Garp and Luffy would have been princes too, as well as anybody with a D if that is the clue for you.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Oga is a fan of Disney's Hercules. At least: Does anyone recognize those guys? :P
    Spoiler show

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dragon going all out in a form like this:
    Spoiler show

Just remeber Enel's thundergod form. The name Dragon could hint that he is indeed a dragon, that can control weather to a certain extent. It could just aswell come from the weather controlling effect of an air Logia, given his mythical appearance.

Well, at least we do know that there is some sort of Zoan out there, that transforms you into a dragon. :P So there are two different ways:
    1. Vegapunk recreated the dragons and then made his own artificial Zoan with their "genes" or whatever
    2. there actually exists an ancient dragon Zoan which he tried to copy.

Also we have to think about Momo's appearance: all of Vegapunk's dragons were western dragons. Momo is eastern though. This could be because he belongs to the Samurais, but this far into the Mange we never had the animal-form of a Zoan be affected by the origin of it's user. Thus there could be the possibility for an ancient Zoan that can control weather and fits into the eastern dragon mythologie.

In my opinion it's an air Logia. All big dudes have a strong Logia, or exceptional strong Haki. Whitebeard is dead :P

Plus, i don't think Oga won't bring an air related ability. For now I'm just waiting for a rock logia.

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder who Dragon's wife/lover is and her title in OP. We all know that anyone related to luffy is super strong. His gramps is quoted as the hero of marines, his dad, the most wanted criminal and leader of the revolutionaries, his "brother" ace is whitebeard's 2nd division commander, and boa Hancock,who's deeply in love with him is a shichibukai and the pirate empress. Now I'm starting to wonder who luffy's mom is and what her title in one piece is.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3