Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: who wins?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jiraiya wins

92 64.34%
  • Sasuke wins

47 32.87%
  • they both die

4 2.80%
New Reply
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya vs Sasuke

Jiraiya starts out in Sage Mode

Sasuke has EMS and starts out with MS on. NO CS for Sasuke!

Each fighter can do everything we have seen them do. No special condictions. A fight to the death, who wins?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

Probably Sasuke. Sasuke could just get on his bird and snipe Jiraiya. I don't see a counter for that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya's battlefield experience trumps Sasuke's and he has huge amounts of stamina this goes to Jiraiya. Jiraya's only real weak point is Genjutsu and Sasuke is not really that great at it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hibarin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Jiraiya's battlefield experience trumps Sasuke's and he has huge amounts of stamina this goes to Jiraiya. Jiraya's only real weak point is Genjutsu and Sasuke is not really that great at it.
    If i'm not mistaken Sasuke is superb at Genjustu, maybe not his brother Itachi, but still very good

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

If Jiraya is in Sage Mode that implies that Ma and Pa are fused with him therefore he is imune to genjutsu. Then Ma and Pa can create that smokescreen they used against pain so amaterasu isn't a problem. From there Jiraya's experience, strenght, speed and stamina should be enough to deal with Sasuke.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess you forgot about the almighty Susanoo. Personally, I can't see Jiraiya winning this.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Probably Sasuke. Sasuke could just get on his bird and snipe Jiraiya. I don't see a counter for that.
    This might be a reliable counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Databook III - Zessenzan
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    This might be a reliable counter.

Maybe, but that lizard can't fly. You got to admitt that Sasuke hawk could get out of range or could just evade much better then that of the lizard.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly, but then it is just as likely that Jiraiya will simply side-step any sniping Sasuke does from the bird.

At any rate, the jutsu is listed as all ranges, so getting out of range might not be an option, evading would remain. The jutsu is also described as having great speed, something we are not sure Sasuke's bird has.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Amaterasu should work on Jiraiya. He's not really known for speed.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hibarin View Post
    If i'm not mistaken Sasuke is superb at Genjustu, maybe not his brother Itachi, but still very good
    His above average but hes nothing that spectacular hes more a Ninjutsu type. Do you think a legndary Sannin like Jiraiya will be brought down by with only slightly above average genjutsu skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    I guess you forgot about the almighty Susanoo. Personally, I can't see Jiraiya winning this.
    I did not forget Susnaoo but even with EMS Susnaoo eats away at the life force of the user. He cant use it forever and it drains the hell out of him minus the damage to the eyes.

Also there is no such thing as an all powerful jutsu every jutsu has its limits if hit with enough force even Susanoo can crumble as we saw Danzou taking shots at its weak spot in the back.

Jiraiya is not some teenage kid still developing his skill he has more battle experience than 98% of the shinobi in the Narutoverse. Dont forget Jiraiya has a wide variety of jutsu's powered up with Sage mode not too mention fire sealing techniques to deal with Amatersu if it gets out of control.

If Sasuke can beat Jiraya that means he has surpassed Itachi and I'm not sure he is there yet at least not completely.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POW
    His above average but hes nothing that spectacular hes more a Ninjutsu type. Do you think a legndary Sannin like Jiraiya will be brought down by with only slightly above average genjutsu skill.
    Above average? Sasuke is the best Genjutsu user alive, probably only second to Itachi in the entire manga if we are going by casting and breaking Genjutsu. Jiraiya has very little skill Genjutsu( he admitted that), so yea, without ma and pa, Jiraiya would fall to Sasuke Genjutsu.
    Quote Quote:
    I did not forget Susnaoo but even with EMS Susnaoo eats away at the life force of the user. He cant use it forever and it drains the hell out of him minus the damage to the eyes.
    Jiraiya has nothing in his arsenal that would force Sasuke to stay in Susanoo for long periods of time. Sasuke speed and Sharingan is more then enough to match whatever Jiraiya can throw at him.
    Quote Quote:
    Also there is no such thing as an all powerful jutsu every jutsu has its limits if hit with enough force even Susanoo can crumble as we saw Danzou taking shots at its weak spot in the back.
    Sasuke Susanno has been upgraded since his battle with Danzou.
    Quote Quote:
    Jiraiya is not some teenage kid still developing his skill he has more battle experience than 98% of the shinobi in the Narutoverse. Dont forget Jiraiya has a wide variety of jutsu's powered up with Sage mode not too mention fire sealing techniques to deal with Amatersu if it gets out of control.
    Experience is far overrated. Sasuke is not your average teenager, He's a 16 year old Uchiha Genius with a wide variety of Jutsu that is more powerful the Jiraiyas'. I'm sure he can't seal Amaterasu once its burning his arms off.
    Quote Quote:
    If Sasuke can beat Jiraya that means he has surpassed Itachi and I'm not sure he is there yet at least not completely.
    Just wait until his next battle.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke's genjutsu isn't a factor here, Jiraiya is too experienced to fall for it to be quite honest and he should be semi-immune if in Sage Mode because of fusion.

But Jiraiya, just like 99% percent of the shinobi world has no answer for Ameratsu. It's become Sasuke's favorite jutsu and he would obliterate Jiraiya with it quite honestly.

Add in the fact that Jiraiya probably doesn't have anything that can penetrate Sussano, and he loses. Even if his Giant Sage Rasegan could damage it, I doubt it would get to Sasuke, so unless he completely destroyed Sussano with it, which I doubt, Sussano would grab him and quite possibly kill him.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POW

Orochimaru had greater skill with Genjutsu than Jiraiya did, and he was one-shotted by Sasuke's Genjutsu. One that wasn't even an MS jutsu. And yeah, Orochimaru was a Sannin (the genius of the Sannin to be precise). The fact that Ma and Pa are fused to him may allow him to escape Genjutsu ala a jinchuuriki and there beast. But can they both maintain his sage chakra AND disrupt his genjutsu'd chakra?

Sasuke takes this by way of overwhelming power. Danzou and Kakuzu have revealed to us that experience means practically nothing against Sasuke and Naruto. And Jiraiya doesn't seem to have the same profound knowledge of the Mangekyou repertoire that Kakashi did (being surprised by Amaterasu, which I don't think was kept secret ala Susano'o).

With an Amaterasu-laden Susanoo as well as the Sharingan, taijutsu is rendered useless (well...taijutsu from someone moving at SM Jiraiya's speed or lower). With his crossbow shield, not only is Sasuke covered for long range attacks, but the speed of his arrows are raved about the 2 times they've been seen.

Jiraiya's got tons of long range and AoE options...but his biggest asset is probably his giant frogs (which can be genjutsu subdued or simply. handled the way Sasuke handled Hachibi )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi knew that he AND kisame combined didn't stand much of a chance against Jiraiya.

Sasuke shows the potential to surpass Itachi (better control of amaterasu, but his genjutsu is nothing compared to tsukyomi and his susanoo isn't as great) but hasn't yet.

Sorry. Jiraiya would win.

20. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast