Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: who wins?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jiraiya wins

    92 64.34%
  • Sasuke wins

    47 32.87%
  • they both die

    4 2.80%
New Reply
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 455

Thread: Jiraiya vs Sasuke

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Eh, hard to say. But as Lexx said, we have to count Itachi's thought's about Jiraya. Itachi standing there with tsukuyomi said, that they don't have lot of chances against Jiraya.

    So i see that also Sasuke just by himself does not have enough strenght to fight jiraya.
    I know, Amaterasu, Susanoo and whatever, but i have no doubts, that Jiraya could withstand these attacks...

  2. #32
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Damn soo much work...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I don't see what's strange about Sasuke being able to break it. It was stated early in the series that Tsukuyomi could be broken by a Sharingan user who shared the same blood. Anyway, Sasuke was shown to break it, Thus causing Itachi mental damage.
    We know he can break it, thanks for showing me how the almightyness of the MS is becoming more and more easy to overcome by ubers. Now just imagine how much better SM is. Btw, Sasuke countering Tsukoyomi gave itachi mental damage 0.0? OMG Rly? Itachi went retarded then? Sorry, that sounds too made up to believe as there is no proof in the manga of that ever happening. It'd make a very awesome twist though IMO...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    But the genjutsu Naruto was in didn't do the type of mental damage Tsukuyomi does. And that's not taking into account the idea that Sasuke's Tsukuyomi can blend into the real world good enough that he wouldn't even know he's in the illusion til it's too late. Or a better idea would be for Sasuke to target Ma and Pa, Taking them out and messing up Sage Mode for Jiraiya. Considering Sage Mode enhances the user's own ability, The genjutsu should affect them similar to how it would affect them in their base form.
    Hmmm still seems to me like if you're underestimating SM. Your argument is far from convincing. I gave a good paragraph in the previous post of how SM is waay greater than an Uchiha caster who doesn't even have the smallest clue of how it works and WHILE Jiraiya's senses are enhanced to inhumaly level. First prove to me that Jiraiya (or the sage frogs) can even be affected by an MS, and refute my previous argument in the post, and then well talk. You DO have a point about Sasuke targeting each of the frogs with a genjutsu to hinder them, and THAT actually seems like the more intelligent strategy to execute, but then again all they have to do is close their eyes and focus more on gathering natural energy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Kirabi still got stuck down by Sasuke's illusion and wasn't automatically released from it. Had Sasuke stuck at the moment Kirabi fell instead of relaxing, Kirabi would have probably been hurt badly.
    Yeah, ok, maybe, but sage mode is different. Sage mode prevents the genjutsu from happening at all, and is dispelled right away if by some off-chance it actually works while being in sync with the frogs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Sasuke broke Tsukuyomi because he had the sharingan, Which basically amps up the user's genjutsu skills. Aside from Sasuke, No other character has shown the ability to counter Tsukuyomi right away. They still suffer the effects of it. And Ee didn't resist a genjutsu but avoid it and Deidara still got taken by a genjutsu.
    Avoid it? Hardly. The raiton armor made raikage immune by overclocking the synapses in his brain to work beyond the scope of the likes of doujutsu-based genjutsu making it 100% ineffective beyond hope... well, not that disproving your argument about something so irrelevant mattered anyways, but I still did it out of fun. Either way, the mentioned characters were able to resist it in some way (again still doesn't matter), and yes you're right for the most part about those characters, I'll give you that. But then, why was the genjutsu dispelled the moment Sasuke used CS? If he could've negated tsukoyomi with sharingan alone, then why even use the CS at all? Tell me please, I'm dying to know.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    The opposite has been shown. Sasuke's been able to act in a reckless manner while still maintaining his intelligence.
    Well, sure he was able to come up with strategies, but that isn't proof at all that it's a good trait. He was smart enough to think of a strategy, but look at everything that it cost him. He got stabbed in the friggin stomach for crying out loud! He could've killed Danzou many different ways more efficiently. He could've used up much less chakra by making good use of his bird summon and attack from far away like Deidara did with Naruto (where he would have the advantage), instead of being pissed at a lost cause and so revenge-driven almost to the point of suicide. Moral of the story: Being a madman = NOT GOOD for fighting. THAT much should go without saying. Using the previous postulate as a subjective, Jiraiya would have an instant advantage being as resistant to hate as he usually is.
    On a different note: Does having hatred "hax bonus" power up his MS abilities? Maybe, but that's more the reason why he shouldn't have to rely on his hate so much lest all his chakra and life force end up down the drain. While Sasuke's life force is wasted maintaining a needless susano, Jiraiya would just be there smiling and prancing around maintaining a cheap defensive with all his clones and substitution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I honestly doubt that the Sharingan would be fooled by a replacement technique considering it sees chakra and reads movement. Plus, Sasuke has shown to favor using his Chidori sword over his MS.
    Then why was Itachi fooled? You say you DOUBT, that's not affirmative. The manga's example is more affirmative then your "doubt". Sure, one can go ahead, ignore the facts, and say: "Well it was only Itachi, and we all know his vision sucked" But, it's the timing that matters. The closer the movement and executement of the jutsu get to perfection, they'll eventually get to a point where it shouldn't be able to be seen an uber eye no matter how great, right? It's not like the sharingan is a friggin MACHINE that picks up every single thing without mistake everytime! It's perfection in picking up movements (like with everything else in the manga), solely depends on the user's experience (which can only be so much, since humans, or ninjas can never be 100% perfect).

    I love how Richo explains it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    Kage bunshin are exact copies of the user with the chakra evenly devided among the clones, it is noted that not even the sharingan can see if its the clone or the real body (water Bunshin are the same since Itachi failed to see it was a water bunshin before it was to late).
    replacement technique can be used against anyone even against the byakugan who has the greatest insight of the 3 great doujutsu. Neji failed to see that naruto used replacement jutsu in order to dig underground and beat neji, so I doubt the sharingan with inferior insight would be able to do the same.
    He even goes past Itachi and Sasuke and mentions the byakugan. Wonderfully said!
    Last edited by megadud20; June 30, 2010 at 04:45 AM.
    You are now inside my Tsukuyomi. For the next 72 hours... I will slap you with this trout...

  3. #33
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    @Megadud20: I'd appreciate if you could send me link to how jiraiya is immune to tsukuyomi. Sasuke is the only person who has the potential of breaking tsukuyomi until the fight with kirabi. Even then it was told that itachi wasn't trying to kill sasuke. Kakashi survived and he was bedridden. If itachi wanted sasuke to kill him then he would go even easier on sasuke or maybe around the same because sasuke sharingan could be stronger. The point is the battle is vague about MS true power since madara has to blabber after the fight.

    Then at Kirabi it shows that a biju can help break the tsukuyomi. This is an obvious move because without introducing such thing, naruto would never overcame his weakness. Which lead me to believe SM IS NOT ENOUGH to deal with tsukuyomi. Yes, controlling biju will make him a lot stronger, but it was specifically shown that biju counter tsukuyomi. However, not even once a SM users was shown to have to deal with genjutsu.

    I am not sure if both ma and pa chakra is infused with jiraiya. But, if not how would they know if jiraiya is under genjutsu or not. 3 seconds is all he needs to paralyze/kill him. And a SM doesn't automatically make a user superior to caster. And SM is an inferior mastery compared to controlling a biju. SM users never deal with genjutsu users, so it's hard to say, but it never shows some kind of immunity shield against genjutsu.

    Just looking at their arsenal, sasuke is superior. Of course a simple smart moves could be used against haxx jutsu. I am not going to argue how A would work against B. We know the tools are there, but we can't say how they are going to be used.

    Now analyzing their battle IQ. Unfortunately sasuke used to be smarter. It's ridiculous to see how much he relies on MS after itachi fight. It seems he abandon his old fighting style. The way he used shuriken against oro and itachi is smart. Wasting chakra on MS and misses is stupid. However, his hate and craziness could also be a positive point. Why can't have the best of both? Atm he's stupid and crazy. Before he was smart but lack other ambition apart from killing itachi. If he could get the plus side of both he would have intelligence and determination.

    Maybe now Jiraiya is stornger a tad. But, won't sasuke be stronger since he has EMS? I voted for him with also a little prediction. Usually I don't do this, but his boost is inevitable.

  4. #34
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    Kage bunshin are exact copies of the user with the chakra evenly devided among the clones, it is noted that not even the sharingan can see if its the clone or the real body (water Bunshin are the same since Itachi failed to see it was a water bunshin before it was to late).
    replacement technique can be used against anyone even against the byakugan who has the greatest insight of the 3 great doujutsu. Neji failed to see that naruto used replacement jutsu in order to dig underground and beat neji, so I doubt the sharingan with inferior insight would be able to do the same.
    By replacement technique, I was referring to the technique were the person switches himself with the logs. I just couldn't remember the actual name of it. Anyway, megadud20 implied that it could be used to avoid Susanoo which shouldn't be the case with his ability to see chakra and read movement.

    Quote Originally Posted by megadud20 View Post
    We know he can break it, thanks for showing me how the almightyness of the MS is becoming more and more easy to overcome by ubers. Now just imagine how much better SM is. Btw, Sasuke countering Tsukoyomi gave itachi mental damage 0.0? OMG Rly? Itachi went retarded then? Sorry, that sounds too made up to believe as there is no proof in the manga of that ever happening. It'd make a very awesome twist though IMO...
    How would Sage Mode be better? The Sharingan has specificity been shown to be a counter to genjutsu, Sage Mode merely enhances the users own genjutsu abilities. When Sasuke broke out of Tsukuyomi, Itachi collapsed onto one knee. It wasn't actual physical damage, So I said mental. Maybe mental damage wasn't the right words but I didn't know what else to call it.

    Quote Originally Posted by megadud20 View Post
    Hmmm still seems to me like if you're underestimating SM. Your argument is far from convincing. I gave a good paragraph in the previous post of how SM is waay greater than an Uchiha caster who doesn't even have the smallest clue of how it works and WHILE Jiraiya's senses are enhanced to inhumaly level. First prove to me that Jiraiya (or the sage frogs) can even be affected by an MS, and refute my previous argument in the post, and then well talk. You DO have a point about Sasuke targeting each of the frogs with a genjutsu to hinder them, and THAT actually seems like the more intelligent strategy to execute, but then again all they have to do is close their eyes and focus more on gathering natural energy.
    I don't see how I'm underestimating Sage Mode. Where was it shown that Sage Mode enhances his senses to "inhuman" levels? I'll agree that Sage Mode enhances the users physical skills to a higher level, But at no point did Jiraiya showcase any "inhuman" abilities. So there's no reason that MS shouldn't be able to affect him like anyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by megadud20 View Post
    Yeah, ok, maybe, but sage mode is different. Sage mode prevents the genjutsu from happening at all, and is dispelled right away if by some off-chance it actually works while being in sync with the frogs.
    Where was it shown or stated that Sage Mode prevents genjutsu from happening or dispels it right away?

    Quote Originally Posted by megadud20 View Post
    Avoid it? Hardly. The raiton armor made raikage immune by overclocking the synapses in his brain to work beyond the scope of the likes of doujutsu-based genjutsu making it 100% ineffective beyond hope... well, not that disproving your argument about something so irrelevant mattered anyways, but I still did it out of fun. Either way, the mentioned characters were able to resist it in some way (again still doesn't matter), and yes you're right for the most part about those characters, I'll give you that. But then, why was the genjutsu dispelled the moment Sasuke used CS? If he could've negated tsukoyomi with sharingan alone, then why even use the CS at all? Tell me please, I'm dying to know.
    But Ee was avoiding it. Sasuke never hit him with a genjutsu because Ee's synapses kept him ahead of Sasuke's actions. Thus the reason Ee could dodge Amaterasu. This was stated by Shi, That Ee reflexes were too fast for even the Sharingan to keep up with it. Sasuke only used CS in his mind. He didn't actually transform in real life.

    Quote Originally Posted by megadud20 View Post
    Well, sure he was able to come up with strategies, but that isn't proof at all that it's a good trait. He was smart enough to think of a strategy, but look at everything that it cost him. He got stabbed in the friggin stomach for crying out loud! He could've killed Danzou many different ways more efficiently. He could've used up much less chakra by making good use of his bird summon and attack from far away like Deidara did with Naruto (where he would have the advantage), instead of being pissed at a lost cause and so revenge-driven almost to the point of suicide. Moral of the story: Being a madman = NOT GOOD for fighting. THAT much should go without saying. Using the previous postulate as a subjective, Jiraiya would have an instant advantage being as resistant to hate as he usually is.
    On a different note: Does having hatred "hax bonus" power up his MS abilities? Maybe, but that's more the reason why he shouldn't have to rely on his hate so much lest all his chakra and life force end up down the drain. While Sasuke's life force is wasted maintaining a needless susano, Jiraiya would just be there smiling and prancing around maintaining a cheap defensive with all his clones and substitution.
    I fail to see how it wouldn't be a good trait? Sasuke attacked the way he did because he had to keep killing Danzo fast. Besides, Why do you assume that Sasuke would be "revenge-driven"? Sasuke has no reason to go to the same length with Jiraiya as he did with Danzo. Jiraiya's not prancing around with a bunch of stolen Sharingans and antagonizing Sasuke. Anyway, What makes you think Jiraiya can make enough clones to stall Sasuke. He's not Naruto. And why wouldn't Sasuke instead use his superior speed instead of relying on Susanoo? Sasuke's one of the fastest characters in the series and Jiraiya has never shown any great feats of speed.

    Quote Originally Posted by megadud20 View Post
    Then why was Itachi fooled? You say you DOUBT, that's not affirmative. The manga's example is more affirmative then your "doubt". Sure, one can go ahead, ignore the facts, and say: "Well it was only Itachi, and we all know his vision sucked" But, it's the timing that matters. The closer the movement and executement of the jutsu get to perfection, they'll eventually get to a point where it shouldn't be able to be seen an uber eye no matter how great, right? It's not like the sharingan is a friggin MACHINE that picks up every single thing without mistake everytime! It's perfection in picking up movements (like with everything else in the manga), solely depends on the user's experience (which can only be so much, since humans, or ninjas can never be 100% perfect).
    I was speaking about the log replacement thing, Not using clones. Since the Sharingan sees movement and chakra, There's no reason to think it would be fooled by switching with a log. But I would point out that while the Sharingan has been shown to be able to be overcome by speed, Jiraiya has never showcased the type of speed that is used to avoid it.

  5. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Quote Originally Posted by megadud20 View Post
    I love how Richo explains it:


    He even goes past Itachi and Sasuke and mentions the byakugan. Wonderfully said!
    My explanation seems abit wrong and i have to fix it. Naruto used a Kage bunshin in order to fool neji, who had his byakugan activated at the time so if a kage bunshin was any different from the real body he should have noticed.
    Thank you, however I do not know if it was sarcasm or praising:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixed explanation
    Kage bunshin are exact copies of the user with the chakra evenly devided among the clones, it is noted that not even the sharingan can see if its the clone or the real body (water Bunshin are the same since Itachi failed to see it was a water bunshin before it was to late).
    Kage bushins (in this case)can be used against anyone even against the byakugan who has the greatest insight of the 3 great doujutsu. Neji failed to see that naruto used a Kage bunshin to replace his real body and dig underground and beat neji, so I doubt the sharingan with inferior insight would be able to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    By replacement technique, I was referring to the technique were the person switches himself with the logs. I just couldn't remember the actual name of it. Anyway, megadud20 implied that it could be used to avoid Susanoo which shouldn't be the case with his ability to see chakra and read movement.
    I know which technique you are referring to, and I do not know how i got so confused to make the mistake in my explanation. look above for the proper explanation.

    the technique used to replace yourself with a log is called Kawarimi and is a genjutsu of the sort. in order to perform this technique a person has to use shunsin no jutsu (body flicker jutsu) and then replace yourself with a log or any other object to create confusion so that the person can escape.
    the body flicker technique used to perform this jutsu is basicly moving at almost untracable speed. Kawarime can be seen by sharingan.
    Last edited by Richo; June 30, 2010 at 06:16 AM.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #36
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    If one can't understand the Itachi was clearly lying to hide his allegiances when he said what he did, then you seriously need help.

    I'm sorry, but Itachi and Kisame together would defeat damn near any single shinobi with the lone exception being Pain and even then you could make an argument for Itachi and Kisame.

    The only way he could have been telling the truth was if Kishi orginally wanted Jiraiya to be stronger than the two of them, or if Kisame and Itachi got THAT much stronger over 2.5 years. He was lying, it's just something that needs to be accepted.

    Remember, Itachi crippled Orochimaru with ease, the man Jiraiya could never defeat. Why would he fear Jiraiya, if he felt Orochimaru, the genius of the Sannin and the murderer of the God of Shinobi was beneith him?
    Naruto is not A>B>C, so Itachi easily beating Oro wouldn't lead one to think he could easily beat Jiraiya. Match-ups mean something.

    Anyway, proof that Itachi didn't mean what he said or stop reading from the secret Naruto Manual and just show it to all of us. He was willing to let Kisame shave Naruto, he killed his own clan, but somehow we are suppose to believe that he was buddy buddy with Jiraiya based on what? Oh that's right, it's the secret manual again. Maybe you are right in the end, but as of now there is no proof and you are acting like you have facts on your side talking about others need help
    Last edited by jdw; June 30, 2010 at 06:29 AM.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #37
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    By replacement technique, I was referring to the technique were the person switches himself with the logs. I just couldn't remember the actual name of it. Anyway, megadud20 implied that it could be used to avoid Susanoo which shouldn't be the case with his ability to see chakra and read movement.

    How would Sage Mode be better? The Sharingan has specificity been shown to be a counter to genjutsu, Sage Mode merely enhances the users own genjutsu abilities. When Sasuke broke out of Tsukuyomi, Itachi collapsed onto one knee. It wasn't actual physical damage, So I said mental. Maybe mental damage wasn't the right words but I didn't know what else to call it.

    I don't see how I'm underestimating Sage Mode. Where was it shown that Sage Mode enhances his senses to "inhuman" levels? I'll agree that Sage Mode enhances the users physical skills to a higher level, But at no point did Jiraiya showcase any "inhuman" abilities. So there's no reason that MS shouldn't be able to affect him like anyone else.

    Where was it shown or stated that Sage Mode prevents genjutsu from happening or dispels it right away?

    But Ee was avoiding it. Sasuke never hit him with a genjutsu because Ee's synapses kept him ahead of Sasuke's actions. Thus the reason Ee could dodge Amaterasu. This was stated by Shi, That Ee reflexes were too fast for even the Sharingan to keep up with it. Sasuke only used CS in his mind. He didn't actually transform in real life.

    I fail to see how it wouldn't be a good trait? Sasuke attacked the way he did because he had to keep killing Danzo fast. Besides, Why do you assume that Sasuke would be "revenge-driven"? Sasuke has no reason to go to the same length with Jiraiya as he did with Danzo. Jiraiya's not prancing around with a bunch of stolen Sharingans and antagonizing Sasuke. Anyway, What makes you think Jiraiya can make enough clones to stall Sasuke. He's not Naruto. And why wouldn't Sasuke instead use his superior speed instead of relying on Susanoo? Sasuke's one of the fastest characters in the series and Jiraiya has never shown any great feats of speed.

    I was speaking about the log replacement thing, Not using clones. Since the Sharingan sees movement and chakra, There's no reason to think it would be fooled by switching with a log. But I would point out that while the Sharingan has been shown to be able to be overcome by speed, Jiraiya has never showcased the type of speed that is used to avoid it.
    Okay, yeah, about the first part, I bet a replacement could be easily distinguished since it's a low level technique. But even so against Sasuke's susano's arrow, Jiraiya may use summonings as a defensive measure. Sasuke will have a hard time aiming at Jiraiya while he has to watch his back against a possible attack at any moment. Let's also not rule out clones. Of course he's not Naruto, but this page suggests that Jiraiya won't have to grow tired from making shadow clones and using other chakra costly ninjutsu.

    About the term "inhuman", I see how that can be a bit hard to swallow, but then again, what other ninja can be expected to be able to pick up a giant frog statue, one of animal pein's rhino summons? (If that's what it was), and be able to throw very large objects like if they were pillows? I believe that at one point Tsunade's strength was described as "inhuman" as well, and Sage mode seems to be better if not the same strength-wise.

    I see some people aren't believing me about the advantages that SM offers. The anime talks a lot more in depth about SM. In the english subs it is mentioned that all five senses of the user are enhanced instead of how the manga says "activated in a number of ways", so this suggests that the user's mind and body are operating at a faster pace (I include mind as well, because the five senses pertain to the functions of the brain)
    Now, to understand why I believe that Sage mode resists the genjutsu spammed via MS, you have to know that Sage mode makes you part of your environment since fukasaku told Naruto that "you must become one with nature" in order to use it. This is proved when Naruto uses SM to track (yes, track, he's now a sensor type apparently; and with a pretty good range to boot as seen here). Now, one must wonder: how can an Uchiha without the slightest knowledge of how the sage arts work, hope to gain full control (after he gains access), into the chakra network of a person who uses sage mode? I believe an Uchiha has to also learn how to control natural energy inside a person since it is completely not at all similar to regular chakra. How the heck they can do this from a distance, beats me. Again, the chakra has changed completely. It is now combined and in perfect balance with the chakra of nature of the earth and atmosphere and the ninja is considered "dead" (in the famous words of that one frog). Keep in mind that one that has learned how to keep still perfectly is no longer considered "an animal", since that same frog (gama-something) said that keeping still is the hardest thing for an animal to do. That's what it means to be a senjutsu user after all. So in essence, trying to control Jiraiya's chakra's while he is in SM, would be kind of like trying to control a rock/boulder/tree/cloud's natural chakra's with a MS. It's probably not impossible since I'm no one to say that it is, but it's definitely different from trying to control the chakras of any standard ninja. Furthermore, like I've said a million times already, he has the frogs gathering the chakra for him as he fights (a teamwork effort), which throws a wrench in the plans of the genjutsu caster. Like, for one, who to use the genjustu on? Since Jiraiya and the frogs have to be in perfect sync (chakra-wise) so they can fuse, even if one person is controlled, the partner will surely notice the strange pattern taking effect instantly, and thats when they can force their own chakra into the body of the victim like how Sakura and Chiyo did with Naruto. For someone who is experienced in fusing with another, this shouldn't pose much difficulty.

    And about that one last issue about Sasuke's hatred, Jiraiya isn't really doing anything to feed Sasuke's hatred, but either way I guess since the poster of this thread said that both people can use everything they've been seen to do, then I'll just assume that Sasuke gets a composed mind plus his hatred hax powers. Even still though, it's not like he'd be too fast for Jiraiya's fighting skills, sure he can use speed, but so can Jiraiya; defensively at least. He HAS fought Orochimaru before, and he also has shown to be better at countering instead of avoiding as seen here. It's not like Jiraiya would be a sitting duck while Sasuke gets all the hits he wants, no, not at all, but even still, Sasuke's speed may just well be out-matched by Fukasaku's powerful sword-like tongue. Let's not forget about that now...

    I'm afraid you misunderstood me about "fooling the sharingan". I didn't mean that Jiraiya will use insane speed like the Raikage, but that Jiraiya must no doubt have learned to use his defensive techniques with great skill. Great skill enough to make a technique look like if it hadn't been made. Impossible? That's not what this suggests. Even Itachi's MS couldn't see Kakashi's perfectly timed Doton jutsu. The same could be done with shadow clones as seen here. Kakashi was praising Naruto's timing of the second shadow clone that he wasn't even able to see. The last example and probably the best one as it fools even Sasuke's sharingan is found here. Itachi was able to make a shadow clone without Sasuke even noticing. If you watch the anime in this same part, the animators exaggerate Sasuke's expression even more, even going as far as putting in a comment of how surprised he was that Itachi had made that during their shuriken fight, and he wasn't even able to notice.
    Now just think: if Kakashi, Naruto, and Itachi are all able to produce shadow clones with excellent timing that cannot even be traced by the sharingan or MS alone, then why not Jiraiya who has more battle experience than any of these people and is at a higher level (since he's a Sannin) than any of these ninjas (Naruto is a bit arguable though)...

    This will be my last post for a while as I need my sleep...
    Last edited by megadud20; June 30, 2010 at 07:24 AM.
    You are now inside my Tsukuyomi. For the next 72 hours... I will slap you with this trout...

  10. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Quote Originally Posted by megadud20 View Post
    I'm afraid you misunderstood me about "fooling the sharingan". I didn't mean that Jiraiya will use insane speed like the Raikage, but that Jiraiya must no doubt have learned to use his defensive techniques with great skill. Great skill enough to make a technique look like if it hadn't been made. Impossible? That's not what this suggests. Even Itachi's MS couldn't see Kakashi's perfectly timed Doton jutsu. The same could be done with shadow clones as seen here. Kakashi was praising Naruto's timing of the second shadow clone that he wasn't even able to see. The last example and probably the best one as it fools even Sasuke's sharingan is found here. Itachi was able to make a shadow clone without Sasuke even noticing. If you watch the anime in this same part, the animators exaggerate Sasuke's expression even more, even going as far as putting in a comment of how surprised he was that Itachi had made that during their shuriken fight, and he wasn't even able to notice.
    Now just think: if Kakashi, Naruto, and Itachi are all able to produce shadow clones with excellent timing that cannot even be traced by the sharingan or MS alone, then why not Jiraiya who has more battle experience than any of these people and is at a higher level (since he's a Sannin) than any of these ninjas (Naruto is a bit arguable though)...

    This will be my last post for a while as I need my sleep...
    Naruto can be considerd the master of Kage bunshin, he has demonstrated he truly mastered the use of Kage bunshin, at first he used just alot of kage bunshin to fight however in his recent fights he has shown us that he can also perfectly use shadow clones as diversion in low numbers.
    Itachi is legendary for his hand seals, the speed at which Itachi can perform hand seals is just stagering and does probably outmach every shinobi. Itachi has showed us mutliply times how fast he can do this and make it look like he even skipped the hand seals in order to perform the jutsu. The sharingan is known for its perception and predicting enemy moves upon previous moves thats where it strenght lies, but even the sharingan has it limits to how fast it can see something. Itachi has shown this against Kakashi and Sasuke which both own the sharingan fully developed. I have no idea if the MS actualy gives a higher rate of perception since it isn't normaly used in battle besides for casting its special jutsu.
    We should not consider Naruto and Itachi in this fight since they both mastered said abilities to the highest level (itachi hand seal perfomance and narut Kage bunshin)

    the thing is that some people think that the sharingan can follow every movement and thus predict at all times, however this is false. the perception of the sharingan depends on 2 factors being the user and the speed the user can move at itself. Lee and naruto have both shown that you can out maneuvre the sharingan with mere speed alone, untill a certain degree the sharingan can keep up but after that it will not show anything.
    In this fight however this will not be a problem since jiraiya is not known for his superior speed, he is fast but sasuke is faster. jiraiya has to depend on his endurance and physical strenght which he outclasses sasuke without much problems. In sage mode we cannot even compare both of them, in sage mode jiraiya will be fast but still as fast as sasuke. Sasuke just has to hope he never gets hits by any taijutsu of jiraiya while in Sage mode as that would end the battle pretty much instantly.

    furthermore jiraiya will not have many problems with sasuke his superior speed due the following ninjutsu:
    1. Doton: Yomi Numa (earth release: swamp of the underworld)
    2. Kuchiyose: Gamaguchi Shibari (Summoning: Toad Mouth Bind )

    the swamp size and deepness can be controlled as is capable of incapitating Manda. I presume Jiraiya can controll this jutsu to a extend that he can move freely in it, Sasuke is no earth type so he cant do anything about it.
    Sasuke his superior speed on the ground level would already be gone due to this jutsu and would require to stay in the air through summoning however how he can perform any jutsu high in the air while evading jiraiya at the same time depending on inferior speed of his summoning (compared to his own) will put a strain on this.
    Toad mouth bind requires atleast AM to escape from, however sasuke does not have the knowledge this is possible (he passed out at that time already)

  11. #39
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Naruto is not A>B>C, so Itachi easily beating Oro wouldn't lead one to think he could easily beat Jiraiya. Match-ups mean something.
    Is it something that kishi said or claimed? Otherwise IMHO this is just something fanboys say to make their favorite character make it to the top strongest list. Please don't take it personal. Unless the writer says Jiraiya > Itachi, I'm not buying it. We could also have plot holes/shield, but then we would know it from looking at naruto vs pain for instance. Pain is stronger than naruto everybody knows this. It's logical that 5>4>3. If A>B and B>C, why can't A exploit C weakness? If by chance C happen to win against A like naruto did, it's due to plot shield or character growth (when c fight A, C is already stronger than B too).

    Itachi was full of enigma, I could argue that trying to cut off naruto foot was a bluff. He charmed the girl that went with jiraiya, and he could make sure to get jiraiya back anytime. He was a "spy", he have to trick friend also to some extend. The point is we've never see itachi kill anyone apart from the clan, which he had too. Kakashi survive, sasuke survive, naruto survive and jiraiya too. He had no reason to engage in a big fight that could kill someone as important as jiraiya to the village. If he tried to use amaterasu, at that distance there is nothing jiraiya can do that we can think of. Especially we have kisame with samehada. But, leaving the scene was the wisest decision, he doesn't have to blow his cover and everybody is safe. His excuse could go along like "jiraiya already trapped us in his jutsu and I was exhausted from tsukuyomi. Using amaterasu would also kill the kyuubi". Let's leave jiraiya vs itachi at other thread.

    Now back on jiraiya vs sasuke. Genjutsu is very complicated. Kabuto casted aoe genjutsu, how did it work? There was no sound or eye contact. What I do know is that they inject they chakra into the victim and disrupt their senses. It doesn't matter who the victim is, everyone seems to have the same chakra network. So they can easily change what the victim see, smell etc. How exactly it is injected is unknown. For instance shodaime can use darkness genjutsu. How? Looking into his eye? However, we do know they work and there are some more complicated AOE genjutsu.

    The thing is it doesn't matter if you are in SM, you will have the same chakra network and genjutsu user can mingle with it. Advantage of SM you have 2 sages that can help you dispel if you can't do it yourself. But, only if they realize you are in one. How would they know if they are in one too? It will be extremely hard to tell from reality just like itachi vs sasuke battle. Now it is interesting analysis about how sages uses senjutsu, but their network still flows the same way. Unless it's stated that using senjutsu changes your flow of chakra and the network. It's all about mingling with your senses, and since sages senses are more sensitive as you claim, wouldn't they feel the genjutsu even worse?

    I also don't watch the anime. So, I only take things from manga. I hope that's fine, since I feel it should be more reliable anyway.

    I actually also want to clarify some things regarding my vote. "Currently" sasuke cannot defeat jiraiya. He was too immature and in many ways I feel inferior to itachi. However, we can make educated guess that sasuke growth with EMS is inevitable. Because of this factor I voted for sasuke.

  12. #40
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    I don't take it personally, don't worry. Anyway, Naruto isn't that way because skills and matchups matter, and levels change. One prime example is:

    Gaara beat Sasuke
    Naruto beat Gaara
    Sasuke beat Naruto

    According to your silliness, Naruto won. We know he didn't.

  13. #41
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hibar90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I don't take it personally, don't worry. Anyway, Naruto isn't that way because skills and matchups matter, and levels change. One prime example is:

    Gaara beat Sasuke
    Naruto beat Gaara
    Sasuke beat Naruto

    According to your silliness, Naruto won. We know he didn't.
    You do realize sasuke vs naruto occurred later after suna invasion. It's a different time. But, there is no proof that neji is any weaker than gara at that time, and thus naruto is weaker than sasuke. IMHO at that time naruto was stronger than sasuke. Naruto has more stamina, while sasuke is tired after just 2 chidori. Naruto also came fresh from Neji fight and still beat gara. At valley of the end both grew, perhaps sasuke grew faster , because he fully utilize CS2 and fully grown sharingan. That's why he won (assuming that's the fight you referred). I did mentioned something about this didn't I? If sasuke was matched up against naruto instead of naruto vs neji + sasuke vs gara, naruto would have still won.

    edit: I understand there is elemental match ups, but elemental ninjutsu is just one of many ninja skills. If a fire users got beaten by water users, he didn't lose "just" because elemental mismatch, but he fail to utilize other skills and many other factors too. But, I feel if someone wins fair and square is because s/he is superior, unless we see obvious plot shield.
    Last edited by hibar90; June 30, 2010 at 11:25 AM.

  14. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where Hypocrisy Thrives
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Quote Originally Posted by hibar90 View Post
    You do realize sasuke vs naruto occurred later after suna invasion. It's a different time. But, there is no proof that neji is any weaker than gara at that time, and thus naruto is weaker than sasuke. IMHO at that time naruto was stronger than sasuke. Naruto has more stamina, while sasuke is tired after just 2 chidori. Naruto also came fresh from Neji fight and still beat gara. At valley of the end both grew, perhaps sasuke grew faster , because he fully utilize CS2 and fully grown sharingan. That's why he won (assuming that's the fight you referred). I did mentioned something about this didn't I? If sasuke was matched up against naruto instead of naruto vs neji + sasuke vs gara, naruto would have still won.

    edit: I understand there is elemental match ups, but elemental ninjutsu is just one of many ninja skills. If a fire users got beaten by water users, he didn't lose "just" because elemental mismatch, but he fail to utilize other skills and many other factors too. But, I feel if someone wins fair and square is because s/he is superior, unless we see obvious plot shield.
    Shizune lost to Kabuto
    Naruto beat Kabuto
    Kabuto was said to match Kakashi in skill
    Ergo, Naruto, age 12, was better than or equal to Kakashi and Shizune.
    No.

    This isn't DBZ
    It doesn't work that way.
    Last edited by Nicholas.Sama; June 30, 2010 at 11:47 AM.

  15. #43
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Quote Originally Posted by hibar90 View Post
    The thing is it doesn't matter if you are in SM, you will have the same chakra network and genjutsu user can mingle with it. Advantage of SM you have 2 sages that can help you dispel if you can't do it yourself. But, only if they realize you are in one. How would they know if they are in one too? It will be extremely hard to tell from reality just like itachi vs sasuke battle. Now it is interesting analysis about how sages uses senjutsu, but their network still flows the same way. Unless it's stated that using senjutsu changes your flow of chakra and the network. It's all about mingling with your senses, and since sages senses are more sensitive as you claim, wouldn't they feel the genjutsu even worse?
    To say this, is to overlook to whole point of SM in its entirety. It would reduce SM to be completely useless. Fukasaku said when explaining to Naruto that SM doesn't work the same way that regular chakra does (it combines three elements instead of two). The third element, the nature energy part, is what gives the the great strength and ties you in with nature. Compare SM chakra with your regular chakra network. They are completely different things, they look NOTHING alike. Senjutsu looks greater as it is seen to have a great reach, and this supports my claim. Where did you hear that SM follows the same rules as to having the same chakra network? If you mean by that one RARE moment when Kakashi was talking about chakra networks when examining Neji during the CE; he was neglecting SM, since Jiraiya was the only known (or maybe not known) person who can use it.
    To further strengthen my point, remember what Shikamaru's dad tells Shikamaru when we suggests going in and sending help to Naruto. He says: No, because now that he is in SM, he is "on a completely different scale/level". How can someone who is (on the words of Shikamaru's dad) "on a completely different scale/level", be judged to have the same chakra networks as everyone else? Hopefully, I've helped you by clearing up that confusion in your mind. SM is a lot greater than you used to think.

    Quote Originally Posted by hibar90 View Post
    I also don't watch the anime. So, I only take things from manga. I hope that's fine, since I feel it should be more reliable anyway.
    Oh yeah sure, go ahead, use this to your convenience to make my work harder. I can't believe you don't see the anime as a reliable source of information when everything has to be approved by Kishi when making it.
    Come on man, seriously, it'd be so absurd to think that the anime will start coming out with a completely different storyline to the manga. I know this is the case with many other anime (to skip boring details) , but this is NARUTO, one of the most watched anime shows in the world.


    Aside from MY points, Richo brings up numerous good point regarding this explanation. We BOTH make very good arguments (and provide plenty of proof) about how erroneous your beliefs were. If you don't listen to me, listen to him.
    Last edited by megadud20; June 30, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
    You are now inside my Tsukuyomi. For the next 72 hours... I will slap you with this trout...

  16. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Serbia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    I don't think Sasuke has a genjutsu that could put out Ma and Pa and Jiraiya at the same time, which is basically what is needed for some effective genjutsu to help him win. He doesn't have Tsukuyomi, which could make things different.

    Sasuke would have to go long range and try and dodge and tank with Susano. I think Jiraya could find a way to either bypass or penetrate Susano but I really can't tell for sure. I think that if he manages to land Goemon he could have a shot at getting through.

    As for Amaterasu, is it unreasonable that Ma and Pa know how to seal the fire? They are 900 years old sages after all. But that's speculation on my end with no manga back up. However, landing Amaterasu is the only way I think Sasuke could win this. And I don't think it would be too easy as he only has a few shots and in combination with Susano, he'll be fighting for a very, very brief time. That's a very small opening versus a Sanin. IMO
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

  17. #45
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: JIRAIYA VS SASUKE

    Back to the argument about Sasuke vs. Jiraiya.

    Many things about Sasuke's genjutsu need to be remembered.

    Sasuke only uses occular Sharigan genjutsu. His strongest being Tsyukiyomi.

    Now, Sasuke was able to completely overpower Orochimaru with a normal Sharigan genjutsu.

    BUT, Sasuke's Tsyukiyomi was broken by Danzou with what seemed like relative ease. He later tricked him more than he actually overpowered him like he did to Orochimaru.

    Now, Orochimaru's genjutsu stat is 5.

    Jiraiya's genjutsu stat is 3.5

    Does that mean Jiraiya will fall for Sasuke's genjutsu? No, it doesn't.

    The genjutsu stat, from what I gather, does not factor in one's ability to break genjutsu, but their ability to understand and cast genjutsu.

    So, Jiraiya's genjutsu stat has nothing to do with his ability to break genjutsu.

    IMO, I don't think Jiraiya will fall for Sasuke's genjutsu becasue I don't think he'll be looking him in the eye. And even if he does, I think he stands a good chance like Danzou to break it. He has good chakra control and a large chakra supply, two keys to breaking genjutsu. And with Ma and Pa he may be semi immune while fused.

    So Sasuke's genjutsu= no factor for the most part.

    But again, none of that matters. Becasue Jiraiya still has no reasonable counter for a direct Ameratsu strike, nor does he have a true way to counter Sussano.

    So, Sasuke wins.


    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    I dunno who wins this fight, really.
    Since Jiraya starts in sage mode, he can use that wind jutsu that should make amaterasu useless, also, I doubt Susano'o could do anything to Jiraya: his arrows would be grabbed and thrown away thanks to his super human strenght, and it isn't fast enough to actually grab him.
    Tsukuyumy shouldn't also be a problem as well, since he has Ma and Pa on his shoulders, which should be able to snap him out of genjutsu (Sasuke's not that good with genjutsu anyways)
    What wind jutsu are you talking about? I don't recall him using one although I haven't read those chapters in a while.

    And even if he did, is it an S-Rank one? Because Wind is weak against fire and Ameratsu is the strongest fire jutsu in the manga.

    As for Jiraiya "grabbing" Sussano's arrows, you must be kidding.

    Firstly, Kakashi, with his Sharigan was not fast enough to even dodge these arrows, yet you think Jiriaya can catch them and throw them away? I don't even know if the Raikage could do that.

    I'd liken grabbing one of these arrows to attempting to grab a Giant Sage Rasengan. Basically, it's a horrible fucking idea lol.

    As for Sussano being too slow to grab him, eh, I'm not sure. We haven't seen Sussano have to grab someone that fast so it's certainly a possibility, but the arrow thing is complete BS lol.
    Last edited by Delbi; June 30, 2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

New Reply
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts