Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game Tier

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Tier

Basically, i thought itd be fun to rank the LG characters based on their overall abilities and performances thus far. This is how I would rank them...

High Tier

Akiyama
    Yokoya
    Samue

Basically, the leaders of the game thus far. They hold the greatest leadership and intelligence abilities. Akiyama, imo, is the greatest as he has trumped them both. Then Yokoya for more feats and for trumping Samue. Also, Akiyama has more physical feats than Yokoya and Samue put together. These three will now be referred to as the Big 3 throughout the rest of the post.

Middle Tier

Nao Kanzaki
    Fukunaga
    Yokoya's LG Agent (woman with sunglasses and mouthpiece even though she's not a player)
    Dynamic Acuity Guy from 17Card Poker (briefly dominated Akiyama)
    Player 15

Nao has always been essential to Akiyama's victories so i ranked her even higher than Fukunaga, whose physical ability is #1 in this game. Fukunaga is wily; if not for the Big 3, she would be the one dominating the game. 15 isn't very special, but amongst the fodder, i found him to be the greatest assest to Akiyama.

Low Tier

Akagi (for being one of the three essential players in Yokoya's Contraband)
    Long-Haired Guy from Contraband (one of three traitors with Akagi, he made some insightful comments)
    800 Year Old One (Office Lady, tricked Forelock i think)
    Baldy (pretty devious, though foolish as well...)
    Nao's Teacher

Fodder Tier
    rest

I'm interested in how everyone else's tier look like too ^_^
    P.S. You can include any and all characters, from the host Leonira to the ex-teacher to the enigmatic Player 15.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Tier

I'd place fukanaga above nao but below the top tier, basically a tier of his own. He is very good at his thing but generally is a step before akiyama and yokoya... On the other hand he has wits and can get a great understanding of games in an instant, something nao can't do. Nao is a strong player not because she can fugure out games or because her plans are world class but because she can get players from other teams to trust her because she indeed is generally being honest.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true, but i put her lower because she is less essential to Akiyama

Whats your list?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how his being essential to akiyama would be all that relevant. I think the tiers should be based on individual capacities rather than that lol. Not to mention he was in another group when the virus outbreak game was played and did not have a chance to participate in this round. In that sense, its not like he is not useful to akiyama but rather his chance to be useful to akiyama this round were not all that great. Recall the revival round, did he not completely dominate his portion of the game? Fukanaga has it in him to instinctively understand the essence of a game, to know what it really is about. He can read the game 1 step ahead of the rest and act very well based on that. The difference between him and akiyama/yokoya is that those two can not only get a quick understanding of the essence of a game but also they can see up to two or three steps ahead which results in the two of them being 1 or 2 steps ahead from fukanaga.

My list would not be all that different... Fukanaga by himself in between the top and middle tier would be my main change. Other than that perhaps I'd place nao on a slightly lower tier. She has improved but her contributions to the team are not precisely planned, she just has it in her to gain the trust of the people around her and have them join her which basically turns the tide in her favor. I am not saying that is not important, it actually is extremely important. I just think overall she relies to heavily on akiyama and is not quite there in understanding the flow of a game.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, if you want to know this, but in LG: Invitation there're approximate probabilities of winning in the end (i.e. getting the Liar King title) for each of the 4 main characters. Under spoiler tag, just to be safe.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fanatik View Post
    Not sure, if you want to know this, but in LG: Invitation there're approximate probabilities of winning in the end (i.e. getting the Liar King title) for each of the 4 main characters. Under spoiler tag, just to be safe.
    Spoiler show
    where did you get this? link if possible?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firework View Post
    where did you get this? link if possible?
    Liar Game: invitation - it's a kind of a statistics book for Liar Game; there're character profiles, round summaries and various other statistics, including the mentioned above. I own a copy.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Fukunaga is between top-tier...and I thought samue was holding his own against the two leaders, but I was disappointed in him...so Akiyama and Yokoya are the top-tier and maybe some LG higherups...
    Then Fukunaga Samue and Samue's group in mid-tier
    I don't know about the rest

Nao has unlimited potential...she is becoming smarter, and that's Akiyama's influence, but she believes in herself and that's good...she will be in top tier I guess, maybe an inch below Yokoya and Akiyama...that's why I wouldn't put her in any category yet

New Reply