Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The person behind the LGT - Who and when?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up The person behind the LGT - Who and when?

I believe that we will meet the man behind the LGT very soon; we're already past 4 rounds.

I think we will meet the person as a player initially and then a shock twist will follow showing him to be a collaborator with the LGT / Head Honcho.

My logic is that if someone creates something, he will of course want to try it out right? Every inventor wants to test his products personally. Ergo, Mr. LGT will be revealed as a player first, testing the strength and resolve of those competing in the LG. And why hasn't he shown up yet? Because he's testing people in other LGs across the nation! But, as the players narrow down and he hears of the battle between the Akiyama-Yokoya-Samue alliances, he will come to see the three of them in round 5!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The person behind the LGT - Who and when?

I think there is a problem with this. Remember in round 2, there is talk about LGT planting players so LGT will fix the game? LGT denied this and offered 10 billion for proof of LGT dishonest. What you are talking about are dishonesty that fall under that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

then they can send in a messenger who doesnt know of the game^

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy idea? What if the owner of the LGT has been a player the whole time BUT is not rigging it. What if he is crazed and competition hungry and this created this whole game looking for the right opponent and for a challenge? This most likely isn't the case and even I doubt it but I'm just playing around with the idea. It would be pretty unique if that was the case and then it would allow for the man behind the scenes to actually come into the picture as a player.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's something like that...it's been hinted that LG stands for much more, or entirely different thing than lying to each other and competing for money...as for the man behind the curtains...I dunno...hope he has a cool mask

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I don't think it's something like that...it's been hinted that LG stands for much more, or entirely different thing than lying to each other and competing for money...as for the man behind the curtains...I dunno...hope he has a cool mask
    I did say CRAZY idea, and I'm not too sure myself obviously. That would be cool if everyone gets unmasked at the end of the manga . BUT lets not think about the end for a long time . I like your thinking though if he (or she ) did have a mask as well it better be pretty epic!

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Having them unmasked is a pretty interesting thing...maybe the players will recognize siblings in those people...and they were just educating their children

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so the game started with 100000 people.... first round took care of half of them so that leaves 50000. Then there was the minority rule game and the upsizing game. Minority rule took care of 22/23 people and the upsizing game increased the number by drastically by adding 8 out of 9 people. The contraband game had 18 people, 9 on each team and half of them were eliminated. Then there was the revival round where 3/6 players got a chance back into the game. Virus outbreak had a rather random number of people out of the game but considering there were 10 of them and the minimun was 4/10 I'll go with that. Then there is the musical chair game which further took care of all players but 1 which is basically 1/18.

that means:
    100000 *0.5 = 50000

50000 * 1/23= 2174 -advanced at minority rule

50000(22/23) * (8/9)= 42500 -people made it back into the game

43674 * 0.5= 21837- were disqualified during the contraband game

21837 *0.5= 10918- made it back through the revival rounds

32755 * 4/10= 13102- made it to the musical chair game approximately

13102 * 1/18 =727- made it past the musical chair game

12375 (did not make it past the MC game) * 0.5 (stimation of how many people make it past the next revival round given the previous games)= 6187

Of course, if extra's are allowed into the revival round then things get complicated, there'd be even more people than what the previous operation would suggest.

Still, the game should be close to an end at this rate, I can't see it going past 2 more games (with a revival round in between). As for who is behind this... Seeing the hosts interact with each other, I can't imagine them being interest in a profit. They seem to care more about the amusement of seeing worthless peons struggling against each other, they are like giant kids with a magnifying glass giving hell to a bunch of lowly ants who are far to overly stupid to understand what is going on. Of course, with the sheer numbers of players around(assuming it really is 100000) I doubt the organization could afford to just throw money around... I'd be interesting if the one who organized the game is actually a player, someone with lots of money who has nothing better to do and wanted to test himself (or something of the sort)....

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

That means that maybe we will see a some sort of Final Boss? I can't really imagine somebody who can add to the rivalry between Akiyama/Nao and Yokoya...the games are really well organized, so there could be somebody who actually planned all this games, and appear later on...I think it's unlikely for exactly that reason...

I would like something though...a massive game, which would employ 100 people at least...that would be the pinnacle of everything until now I guess...or maybe a game against the LGT itself, thus introducing this last boss...
    Last edited by benelori; July 11, 2010 at 02:54 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ok, so the game started with 100000 people.... first round took care of half of them so that leaves 50000. Then there was the minority rule game and the upsizing game. Minority rule took care of 22/23 people and the upsizing game increased the number by drastically by adding 8 out of 9 people. The contraband game had 18 people, 9 on each team and half of them were eliminated. Then there was the revival round where 3/6 players got a chance back into the game. Virus outbreak had a rather random number of people out of the game but considering there were 10 of them and the minimun was 4/10 I'll go with that. Then there is the musical chair game which further took care of all players but 1 which is basically 1/18.

that means:
    100000 *0.5 = 50000

50000 * 1/23= 2174 -advanced at minority rule

50000(22/23) * (8/9)= 42500 -people made it back into the game

43674 * 0.5= 21837- were disqualified during the contraband game

21837 *0.5= 10918- made it back through the revival rounds

32755 * 4/10= 13102- made it to the musical chair game approximately

13102 * 1/18 =727- made it past the musical chair game

12375 (did not make it past the MC game) * 0.5 (stimation of how many people make it past the next revival round given the previous games)= 6187

Of course, if extra's are allowed into the revival round then things get complicated, there'd be even more people than what the previous operation would suggest.

Still, the game should be close to an end at this rate, I can't see it going past 2 more games (with a revival round in between). As for who is behind this... Seeing the hosts interact with each other, I can't imagine them being interest in a profit. They seem to care more about the amusement of seeing worthless peons struggling against each other, they are like giant kids with a magnifying glass giving hell to a bunch of lowly ants who are far to overly stupid to understand what is going on. Of course, with the sheer numbers of players around(assuming it really is 100000) I doubt the organization could afford to just throw money around... I'd be interesting if the one who organized the game is actually a player, someone with lots of money who has nothing better to do and wanted to test himself (or something of the sort)....
    There are two ways to interpret the wording "one in one hundred thousand". One way is, "only one person among every one hundred thousand person" is selected to play, and the other is what you stated.

If you take the first interpretion, and apply to the roughtly 120 million people in Japan, you start the game with 1200 people in total, which is a much more reasonable number. If you limit yourself with the population of Tokyo only, which is close to 12 million, you start the game with 120 people only.

It is likely to be a language and culture issue between Japanese and English. In that culture, the wording "one among one hundred" is often used to mean very selective, and "one among one thousand" means ultra selective.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I say a group of business people or a bank or something, here is why I think so:

Well only a bank or a group of rich people ca have the funds to actually give the people that much money to start with. Also look at the places the games take place:

An airport.
    A mansion.
    An island with a villa.

I mean surely someone has to pay for this? My other idea is that it is one person who is rich and so he got bored that he set up this game for his personal entertainment.

I also love Arrogance's idea that the persona in a player, but that sounds much like Fukunaga and the arc when he was revealed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read through all of Liar Game a few days ago (never had seen it before).

Since the beginning, I suspected that Akiyama started it.

I think before he went to prison, he set up the Liar Game to teach greedy people a lesson. He financed it with the money he stole from that huge corporation he took down, and makes the losers work off their debts by becoming LGT henchmen. The people currently "in charge" of the LGT probably don't know who really set it up.

That's how it seems to me, anyway.

New Reply