Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: could Fate turn out to be a girl ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up could Fate turn out to be a girl ?

I'm wondering this , becuz there's so much plottwist Like Zazie turning out to be evil agent. I was suspicous with those demons creatures. And Fate hava an obession with Negima in a really weird way that i can't discripte.
    I mean Negima will try to understand why Fate is evil and will try to save him/her and the reveal that he is a girl. Could be a wild idea.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LoneWolfx03's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: could Fate turn out to be a girl ?

Quote Originally Posted by chihoho View Post
    I'm wondering this , becuz there's so much plottwist Like Zazie turning out to be evil agent. I was suspicous with those demons creatures. And Fate hava an obession with Negima in a really weird way that i can't discripte.
    I mean Negima will try to understand why Fate is evil and will try to save him/her and the reveal that he is a girl. Could be a wild idea.
    I can recall on something like this... I remember a scene when Negi encounters Fate during the Peace Festival (Vol. 24). It is like Fate almost kissed Negi XD.. Joke.. There was a Negi/Fate with Setsuna/Tsukuyomi fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5386960/..._the_Waterfall (Note: Rated Mature ,Minors not allowed). You have a weird idea. Because of this, it made me laugh. . If that is true... I'd say that Negima! is one of the most shocking mangas I have ever read.. there were many scenes that made me shocked like:

Chao being the antagonist
    Nagi and Arika's Story
    Konoka and Setsuna, Kotarou and Natsumi Pactio Kiss..
    the most... ZAZIE!!!
    and more!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tias's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the part where i want to say " are you DESPERATE for more girls?"

Plus it's Negi, not Negima.
    And what does Fate being a girl have to do with Fate being evil anyway?
    lol, this is the, sorry, but...no i'd rather not state my real opinion as i could get in trouble, so in short.

No, and if it was, i would boycot everything from Akamatsu

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that this one is possible...

My knowledge of latin is very limited but i suspect that it wouldn't be Tertium if he was female... but something like Tertia ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ceipheed's Avatar
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

ohgawd please no. Fate as a girl would just be wrong. and I surely hope he doesn't turn sides either or some crap like that.

ok, that last sentence was out of context, but yeah...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But consider it, he is called Tertium right?

The third in neuter case... He/she/it could be anything, even a scroll.

(I am going to get flamed by this, I just know it...)

Spoiler show
    Last edited by bebuxe; July 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner khagerou's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

this would actually be the most DISTURBING THING IN MANGA HISTORY if it happened and i'm taking Vampire Knight into consideration as well (+ fate isn't a girl because
    A. he's waaaay to serious for it
    B. everyone addresses him as a male,
    C. did you see any hint of Boobs on him , i mean anya's got bigger melons than him ,and thats saying something)

mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: could Fate turn out to be a girl ?

A) hey, I know most women are more serious than men
    B) That is true..., but maybe it is because it is so serious that they address it that way. Maybe they also don't know its gender, even when they nursed it.
    C) You don't need boobs to tell if it is a girl or a guy (esp. in a ten year old figure), you need to see the crotch to determine something like that.

(yes, it would throw the story like I#Y&^#@, but we never know until the final test)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bamf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*claps vigorously*

you got pretty close =)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hey, don't jump into conclusions just yet (I know you are playing), remember the final test!
    two ads this time

and visit http://hitana.deviantart.com/ , she has some inspiring pics. esp. "Yummy-75464373".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Say hi to Sextum XD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dawnsan's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deSolAxe View Post
    I don't think that this one is possible...

My knowledge of latin is very limited but i suspect that it wouldn't be Tertium if he was female... but something like Tertia ...
    Sextum is a girl but she's not called Sexta. And Fate being a girl is just too farfetched; we have not even seen anything in the past chapters that pertains to that. Also, Fate's "obsession" with Negi is more like Ho Yay and "I want to fight him" way. Don't forget that at the start of the Magic World Arc, Fate himself said that he was not following Negi et al but rather they just so happened to meet at the gate.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree about assigning gender roles to the avernucus series, not until there is proof of genitalia, or maybe even indication that these things can even reproduce. So far, from reading they sound like they are living puppets or summon spirits, which neither have gender, but may have an affinity to the "gender's" ideals; thus they embody/reflect it.

But I would love to be proven wrong here by ken, since now it is clear he picked norse myth for funs.

(I thanked for the "obssesion" details)
    Last edited by bebuxe; December 26, 2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: grammar, punctuation
    two ads this time

and visit http://hitana.deviantart.com/ , she has some inspiring pics. esp. "Yummy-75464373".

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dawnsan's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bebuxe View Post
    So far, from reading they sound like they are living puppets or summon spirits, which neither have gender, but may have an affinity to the "gender's" ideals; thus they embody/reflect it.

But I would love to be proven wrong here by ken, since now it is clear he picked norse myth for funs.

(I thanked for the "obssesion" details)
    Ah, thanks for the reminder. Fate himself said that he was a puppet of some sort. Though, may I ask how KA "picked Norse myth"?

(Haha thanks? I wonder if it's because of the Ho Yay explanation.. P.S. Thanked for the puppet part.)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

first off, the Yggdrasil. That is the first step to enlightenment.

Second off, magic spells: "Gladius Divinus Flammae Arden" (to Laevatein, norse, episode 312). "Flower shield of the Valkyries" (episode 310)... etc... (too long of a list I don't want to compile.) the lighting spear technique negi does (thor/loki?).

Third, the power of character assimilation within attributes of the norse myth in the days of Ragnorok (can't seem to place them either in this generation, or Nagi's (leaning toward nagi..., but does not make sense with the valkyries being the magic academy girls....)) But so far I got Loki is Nagi (mischievousness only) in the battle with Heimdall (whom is the fate series). Dunno why Heimdall fights one of the sons of Loki (Negi), but the Nine Mothers of Heimdallr are the girls Fate has rescued. There are more assimilations with Evangeline, Negi, and the wolf boy, but its all garbled due to norse's garble as well.

Fourth, scenes? really objectionable though..., like in the scene of shidori (sp) death's, which did not occur. (Plus its Ken's plot device, the plot mishaps). Also like negi with his black lightning scene, spells son of odin (dunno how, thought I think the horns and the way he stands with the lighting on his side, but the tail? loki?).

But the direct use of the Yggdrasil to connect to worlds, and give life (magic), and the real spelling of references of norse in spells hint direct usage norse myth. But again everyone reading, fails to see any real uses on norse plot in the story though. So think like using mario characters (goombas, mario, princess peachy, koopas, fire power) but not using the story (running through hazardous levels to rescue the princess in another castle). So I declare the usage for funs, not for direct foreshadowing or allusion (IOW, cameo metaphors!)

(PS too long of a post just to remember the phrase "cameo metaphors"... lame. I guess I like detail.... At least i don't have to thank you for thanking me... its not in the rule post... hehehe)
    Last edited by bebuxe; December 30, 2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: grammar for dummies.
    two ads this time

New Reply