Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Magic Peddler Roma by KURAZONO Norihiko

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Magic Peddler Roma by KURAZONO Norihiko

Magic Peddler Roma
    Alternative Title: Mahou Gyoushounin Roma
    By: KURAZONO Norihiko
    Genre: Supernatural, drama
    Serialized In: Shonen Sunday Super
    Mangaupdates

Roma is a mysterious girl traveling Japan collecting human desire. Posing as a peddler she sells magic items that can satisfy peoples greed. But using these tools often comes at a terrible price.

The first two chapters of Roma don't play by the usual shonen rules. The characters aren't really good people and the outcome of each chapter isn't particularly positive. The art is phenomenal, Simple Scans have the decency to release in HQ too. The first two chapters, at least, are episodic but there is a lot of room for an all encompassing story. Roma is a rather mysterious, sinister character, it's worth reading just to find out more about her.
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 10, 2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: added alt title

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magic Peddler Roma by KURAZONO Norihiko

Well THAT was certainly interesting, and with a great twist at the end with the irony. I definitely want to see more of this! It's kind of like Jigoku Shoujo in its premise however... like I said the irony of it all is played out much better.

Edit: Though I am worried that with this format it may end up becoming rather stale and predictable as Jigoku Shoujo did. I just hope this series somehow avoids that pitfall. Still it is off to a much better start.

Edit 2: More chapters are out... Well at least it didn't have all the chapters follow its formula and introduced the first one to break out of the cycle much sooner than I expected. Still I would think its time for them to slowly begin exploring the character of Roma, she does appear to have one so I am hopeful that the series will soon delve into that. On a side note the magical tools are as cool as ever~ I certainly have to give my praise for the creativity of the tools, sure they're simple but like the art style very effective to what the narrative requires.
    Last edited by Hamy; September 08, 2010 at 07:37 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Magic Peddler Roma by KURAZONO Norihiko

Definitely interesting and beautiful art. I was also afraid it would get repetitive after chapter 2 but that definitely wasn't the case. But writing for this manga is definitely going to be hard if every chapter involves people's desires. I definitely would recommend everyone read this.

EDIT: Just noticed its a monthly manga. Makes sense this every chapter if this manga requires some wit.
    Last edited by mangakey; October 12, 2010 at 12:04 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KaitoKief's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks interesting. I'm going to read it now.^^

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaitoKief View Post
    It looks interesting. I'm going to read it now.^^
    Definitely post your comments on the manga. Would be great to see more posters on this thread as I think this is a lovely series. Would doing a sexy pose attract more posters :3

Chapter 7 is now out and yet again I am happy to see that the series isn't afraid to mix things up much sooner rather than later in an attempt to bring life to a stale formula. Chapter 7 is a two part chapter - though it will be interesting how the next chapter will go given that the clients want essentially the same thing though guess they'll favor the one with stronger Klesa. I do wonder about whether Roma will be able to receive Klesa in with these clients or not since this set seems to be more on the light hearted side - definitely a good sign IMO from the series as it means the formula isn't something so predictable.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KaitoKief's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So i read it up to chapter 7 and it is really interesting. I like the idea about the desires and that the chapters do not always end good. The first chapter was kinda ironic. xD
    Till now the chapters are episodic and i hope that the mangaka keeps doing it that way.^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This was amazing. I hope it keeps getting translated, as it easily became one of my favorite series out of nowhere.

I love how...uncliched the series is.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magic Peddler Roma by KURAZONO Norihiko

Chapter 8... I didn't expect the magic peddlers to be able to force their tools onto people. It certainly would change the dynamics in that case in other cases - this one seems to have been a rarity. Roma continues to be quite level headed while her imp is becoming more and more aggressive. Shame scanlations for this series is so slow! But its quite interesting so far and continues to be.
    Last edited by Hamy; January 11, 2011 at 01:13 PM.

New Reply