Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How strong is Yoruichi?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MissElementality's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How strong is Yoruichi?

I ask this because we have not seen much of yoruichi herself,i actually had hope that she would recive some sort of praise from aizen...but unfortunately not...well she doesnt really have anything that would grab his attention.

Kubo still has yet to reveal her Shikai and bankai,cause we still have two more arcs for bleach.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How strong is Yoruichi?

I don't think yoruichi will show a shikai or bankai in the traditional sense. I do think the reason for her not having a zampakuto will be revealed though. Either she somehow lost it or she does not use it due to it being incompatible with her fighting stile.

I don't think her strength is all that special when compared to other captains though. Don't get me wrong, I do think she is strong but not to the point where she'd have an easy victory over other captains by speedblitsing them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think yoruichi will show a shikai or bankai in the traditional sense. I do think the reason for her not having a zampakuto will be revealed though. Either she somehow lost it or she does not use it due to it being incompatible with her fighting stile.

I don't think her strength is all that special when compared to other captains though. Don't get me wrong, I do think she is strong but not to the point where she'd have an easy victory over other captains by speedblitsing them.
    *sigh*... i just dont like how people critsize her for just using hand to hand combat.

And mabye her shikai and bankai are just to difficult to use? that may be another explanation as to why she doesnt use it,and prefers using her hand to hand skills....? I'm a bit disapointed that kubo hasnt revealed her shikai nor he bankai to us,i want to see more of yoruichi then just shunko and smashy smashy.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How did I criticize yoruichi for using hand to hand combat? I never did such a thing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    How did I criticize yoruichi for using hand to hand combat? I never did such a thing.
    I wasnt talking about you.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the surprised acknowledgement Aizen gave her when she first arrived and smashed him into the ground seemed to have some respect or at least recognition of being formidable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kubo hasn't given Yoruichi the opportunity to actually show what she's made of. The few times we've seen her in action have shown, at least to me, that she has the potential to be a powerhouse.

She's one of the most accomplished hand-to hand combatants. Considered to be the most proficient Hohō master. Has Shunko which can do a big deal of damage. Has made her own technique such as Utsusemi: Way of Onmitsu, 3rd of the Shihou; which can be very useful in getting the upper hand on an opponent.

We still have much to see from her as well, like: Shikai, Bankai, and the rest of her Utsusemi techniques.

I have high hopes that Kubo will give her a fight in the future where she can demonstrate how powerful she really is (as in a one-on-one).

If I were to compare her to the captains I would put Yoruichi above most with the exception of Ukitake, Shunsui, and Unohana.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Arrogance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think one way to look at her is that it is guaranteed she is strong. We've seen her go toe to toe with people without using her shikai/bankai. You figure we barely know anything about her other than she is fast and is great at hand to hand combat and yet she has still held her own.

I hope that the day we see her shikai we will all sh*t our pants in awe. If its not impressive then I will be quite sad. I also hope that Kubo doesn't make up some sort of reason for why she can't ever use one? The only exception is if he makes up a reason for why she hasn't used it yet and we find it out right before she goes to use it.

Another thing is that I recall the only time we have ever seen her with a blade is in one of the filler movies when she and soifon are attacking hollows. At that moment she pulls out a small dagger. For all we know that could actually be her zanpaktou or just a tool she was using for the time being.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by After_Image View Post
    I think Kubo hasn't given Yoruichi the opportunity to actually show what she's made of. The few times we've seen her in action have shown, at least to me, that she has the potential to be a powerhouse.

She's one of the most accomplished hand-to hand combatants. Considered to be the most proficient Hohō master. Has Shunko which can do a big deal of damage. Has made her own technique such as Utsusemi: Way of Onmitsu, 3rd of the Shihou; which can be very useful in getting the upper hand on an opponent.

We still have much to see from her as well, like: Shikai, Bankai, and the rest of her Utsusemi techniques.

I have high hopes that Kubo will give her a fight in the future where she can demonstrate how powerful she really is (as in a one-on-one).

If I were to compare her to the captains I would put Yoruichi above most with the exception of Ukitake, Shunsui, and Unohana.
    Yess,we have not seen much of her....hopefully kubo will just give her one more epic fight,Annd seemed a bit long lasting while she was fighting aizen,even managed to sneak up behind him,making him struggle for a few moments....I dont think the Soul Society would of lasted as long as they did without those vizards appearing to their aid. she was much of a challenge though. Almost a pity that she couldnt take it all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance View Post
    I think one way to look at her is that it is guaranteed she is strong. We've seen her go toe to toe with people without using her shikai/bankai. You figure we barely know anything about her other than she is fast and is great at hand to hand combat and yet she has still held her own.

I hope that the day we see her shikai we will all sh*t our pants in awe. If its not impressive then I will be quite sad. I also hope that Kubo doesn't make up some sort of reason for why she can't ever use one? The only exception is if he makes up a reason for why she hasn't used it yet and we find it out right before she goes to use it.

Another thing is that I recall the only time we have ever seen her with a blade is in one of the filler movies when she and soifon are attacking hollows. At that moment she pulls out a small dagger. For all we know that could actually be her zanpaktou or just a tool she was using for the time being.
    She does have a zanpaktuo and has already acheived bankai,it explains it in the turn back pendulum.
    Last edited by MissElementality; July 06, 2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissElementality View Post
    She does have a zanpaktuo and has already acheived bankai,it explains it in the turn back pendulum.
    I do know this, lol. I'm saying that if Kubo made up a reason for her no longer having one or a reason for why she can't have one right now because her use of it may be obstructed by something. She did escape with Urahara so there could be some sort of complications to her zanpaktou usage that we don't know about and Kubo could make up to account for her lack of using it. That is what I meant.
    Last edited by Arrogance; July 06, 2010 at 12:56 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do know this, lol. I'm saying that if Kubo made up a reason for her no longer having one or a reason for why she can't have one right now. She did escape with Urahara so there could be some sort of complications to her zanpaktou usage that we don't know about and Kubo could make up to account for her lack of using it. That is what I meant.
    I wonder why she doesnt use it...

Kubo knows better then to not upset me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissElementality View Post
    I wonder why she doesnt use it...

Kubo knows better then to not upset me.
    Right, you especially figure when you're in a life/death situation such as.....FIGHTING AIZEN, that you would want to at least use your shikai. Yes she performed admirably, but it seems a bit odd that she would only use Urahara's special boxing gloves and foot wear . Thats why I'm hoping that Kubo at least gives us some sort of reason for her lack of usage when the time comes for her to unveil her shikai to us. I just want it to be more than her just having a preference for fighting hand to hand with shunko instead of with a blade.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, you especially figure when you're in a life/death situation such as.....FIGHTING AIZEN, that you would want to at least use your shikai. Yes she performed admirably, but it seems a bit odd that she would only use Urahara's special boxing gloves and foot wear . Thats why I'm hoping that Kubo at least gives us some sort of reason for her lack of usage when the time comes for her to unveil her shikai to us. I just want it to be more than her just having a preference for fighting hand to hand with shunko instead of with a blade.
    The only explaination i can come up with is that,its very difficult to use,or mabye her shunko and hand to hand abilites are stonger then her shikai and bankai...

or mabye she lost it in the SS,i hope she would not be so mindless as to leave it there...

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i think aizen already praised her enough for not losing her leg or arm after 1 blow
    it may sound insignificant but in reality its a feat that none other than yoruichi+ kenpachi +yamamoto level powerhouse captains can do .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nice thread, and yes, yoruichi is a for sure powerhouse. i think she outclasses every captain under the four seniors, and im sure she can hadle most espada using only what she has shown.

she has enourmous pshysical strength
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/403/16/ the bottom panel on this page shows a huge cloud, a city block wide, of concrete flying several stories in the air. all from her punching aizen into the ground with a barrage of punches.
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/405/11/ this punch is creating a sonic boom.

everyone knows how fast she is, no debate there.

i think shunkou is equivalent to any bankai,
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/405/12/ just a spark blew right through hougzens gaurd.
    and i cant wait to see her do this again http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/158/19-20/ an enourmous shunkou blast.
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Bleach/159/01/ and heres the damage from it
    Last edited by conn-man; July 06, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast