Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will Alma be saved?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Alma be saved?

There is no evidence of Cross being dead since his body went missing (unless someone wants to use his body). There is just to little to go by so saying hes MIA is best.
    What i believe is that Alma is gonna die no matter what. End of that, how i dunno.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he will live...i don`t wanna characters to die
    But in D.gray-man i think Alma will die...
    Probably only one of them will be able to survive...and Kanda will.
    There is an option that Allen will go with Earl and everyone will live...but this is like 1% for me:P

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ANGELiki's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=tanjiajun_34;2044739]Daisya, Yeegar and Suman died too. (All tiki killed...)

These guys don't matter; we hardly got to know them! Anyway, I think you know what I mean. Characters that you are VERY fond of, usually don't die...
    Damn Tiki!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    There is no evidence of Cross being dead since his body went missing (unless someone wants to use his body). There is just to little to go by so saying hes MIA is best.
    Well...there is some proof. In chapter 171, Tiedoll talks about how the bloodstains at the scene indicate a lethal amount of blood loss, and Komui agrees with him and says that tests have confirmed that all the blood at the scene belonged to Cross. Komui then says that a wound to the head of the type Cross received would be fatal and that chances of surviving it would be extremely low.

I think he is still alive somehow, but the forensic evidence does point to him being dead.

Anway, about Alma - if this is another one of the things Hoshino does where she gets us attached to a new character so we can have the impact of caring about the deado without them being a long-term character, then I think this would be the most extreme example of it so far, since Alma has had loads and loads of page time, more than all the other killed-off characters has had. I really do hope that he survives.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aracely View Post
    Well...there is some proof. In chapter 171, Tiedoll talks about how the bloodstains at the scene indicate a lethal amount of blood loss, and Komui agrees with him and says that tests have confirmed that all the blood at the scene belonged to Cross. Komui then says that a wound to the head of the type Cross received would be fatal and that chances of surviving it would be extremely low.
    Yes, but... He could have been kept alive somehow... Remember, the second's blood can heal... So, if they wanted, they had the means of keeping him alive......
    Reach out, touch infinity
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANGELiki View Post
    Yes, but... He could have been kept alive somehow... Remember, the second's blood can heal... So, if they wanted, they had the means of keeping him alive......
    well...
    we don't know if the 3rds can use their blood to heal others ( to me it seems that each 'generation' so far has a decrease in power), and there are only 2 'seconds' - Alma and Kanda; neither of which could have attacked cross at that time. Also, Leverrier said it was the work of central, and although it could be the work of CROWS, it wasn't necessarily work of the CROW!Thirds. =/
    It also could havebeen a fake; cross would be able to pull it off if he needed too, but evidence points to an attack.
    Personally, i can't even think of a valid motive that would outweight Cross being an important/strong exorcist - i mean, why would central kill off one of the strongest Generals, who is also extremely smaart and a great asset? The only half-reason i can think off is that if central knows of the third side, they want to kill off members before the leasder (14th) returns....=/

At this rate, if alma is to live, Hoshino will either have to introduce a character capable of helping/letting him survive, or jump through a shiet load of loopholes and plot holes to keep him in the series. But, i can't see him dying in the current setting, if he's to die, it'll porbably be further on and at a different location.
    I also don't get why alma is 'falling apart'. To me it seems extremely naive of the earl to create alma if he was so half-arsed half-dead, especially when there was no garauntee that Alma would kill/do any significant damage to the Order, which he hasn't.
    But, if all of this was only to piss off the 14th, Kudos to the Earl for thinking ahead! =D

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Earl's real objective was to turn the Third Exorcists into Akuma. They aren't half-dead like Alma, and it would be an emotional blow to the Order for their own exorcists to be turned against them.

It's also possible that the Earl wants to use Alma as the new Akuma Egg, since Alma is a "womb". It was never stated that the Earl created a new Egg yet, and since most of the Akuma are in their strongest stages now, it definitely appears that the Akuma numbers are dwindling.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    I think the Earl's real objective was to turn the Third Exorcists into Akuma. They aren't half-dead like Alma, and it would be an emotional blow to the Order for their own exorcists to be turned against them.

It's also possible that the Earl wants to use Alma as the new Akuma Egg, since Alma is a "womb". It was never stated that the Earl created a new Egg yet, and since most of the Akuma are in their strongest stages now, it definitely appears that the Akuma numbers are dwindling.
    That's impossible. Alma's regenarative abilities are heading to their end. He doesn't have much life left, at least as an akuma. That is stated. He won't survive for long. However, his body might be useful somehow to the Earl, for example, it could be easier to make a the new egg if he transplanted some of his cells of something.
    I thought that his real objective was the 14th... (+ get rid of the thirds + the north american branch + make the exorcists fight each other + make Kanda use up his life reserve + cause general chaos)... It's a very good plan, after all!
    ........What does "dwindling" mean????
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sparviero-92's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post

At this rate, if alma is to live, Hoshino will either have to introduce a character capable of helping/letting him survive, or jump through a shiet load of loopholes and plot holes to keep him in the series.
    I already wrote this theory in another post -> http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...74#post2016374

what if zuu is able to do something to save or help Alma?
    after all, we know he is able to use magic, has a golem with ealing abilities and he took part in the experiments to create Alma and Yuu

I really hope Alma will survive...
    Last edited by sparviero-92; August 28, 2010 at 03:23 AM.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Alma will survive, honestly. :/ Especially after the most recent chapters. Although he has amazing regeneration skills, like Kanda, there is a limit to them. Komui explained this before, and that's why we see the seals and tattoos all over Kanda's body when he fights Skin Bolic.

Despite the fact that even in his battered state, he might be able to regenerate, I don't see him having a place in the later chapters. I don't think that he's going to live.

As far as being saved (in a heaven or hell sense), we'll see.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Alma is made from:
    1. A body that is about to lose its regenerative abilities.
    2. The woman's soul and brain.
    3. Dark matter.
    Normal Akumas are made from a dark matter skeleton, and the trapped soul. When they self-destruct, the dark matter is destroyed, so the soul has nowhere to go and, without being purified by innocence, it is lost, right?????
    At least, this is what I've understood till now.
    So, if Alma self-destructs, won't the dark matter be destroyed?...
    Then, won't Alma be left with his, er her, normal body?... Like, as the Earl said, won't he/she have his/her dark matter eradicated?...
    Then, won't he be saved????????????????
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Himehi's Avatar
    Country
    Paraguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Alma's body was completely fused with the dark matter (that's why he/she was the womb) so the destruction of dark matter will also destroy his/her body. Alma's body and the dark matter are one and the same.

Oh, and I think that he/she will die

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

What now? Is he dead or not???? Oh gosh!!!!!!!
    I copied the last pictures of him and turned them upside down to watch his expression more carefully. He looked like if he was sleeping or resting... As if he had finaly relaxed... But Kanda cried afterwards and that is not a good sign...
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sparviero-92's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Alma actually die?
    Kanda killed him ("until he could no longer regenerate") 9 years ago.
    He already tried to self destruct himself (as an Akuma) but after that he could still regenerate..
    The fact is that we still don't know how dark matter works, and Alma himself is a very peculiar Akuma..

Regarding what Renny said about Kanda being the only one able to save Alma...what do you think she meant?
    Save his soul? How? Kanda left Mugen to Allen
    Free his body/soul from dark matter? He can't do that, only the Earl can (maybe Allen will accept his offer?), he no longer has his innocence

マヨネーズが足りないんだけどぉぉお!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why Kanda left his Mugen behind since in worst case scenario he should at the very least be able to free Alma's soul, say he wasn't able to save his life or undo the effect of the dark matter then at least save his soul...

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast