Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hints from Mangaka

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ken-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hints from Mangaka

Domo Minna-san

Well I tried to look around and can't seem to find any topic very much related to this discussion.

Anyways, I’ll continue,

Was just wondering, has anyone ever picked up any hints from chapter title pages or volume covers etc?

I caught a few while rereading D-gray a while ago, it seems like Hoshino Sensei has deliberately provided some vivid clues and hints for future references of the Manga. Some I found have been already fulfilled; some are yet to show up.

For example, to make my point more clear on it,

In 1st volume, chapter 3, the title page shows Allen in a weird starry cloak, with a mask in front, resembling the star of the Earl and crown on his head. On two sides, either of the hands appears to be holding things as opposite as to dark and light.

Spoiler show

We now know Allen's Innocence, Crown clown, mask, crown and cloak, matches. His two arms are as opposites of each other as black n white.

Now some of the things that are simple hunches and are yet to be seen in D-gray,

In this same volume, in chapter 4, in title page there is this weird creature behind Allen.

Spoiler show

Not really much sure what this thing is but just putting in my two cents, I think it's Timcanpy's true form. This thing is like behind and on Allen head in familiar manner like Timcanpy usually does, sitting of Allen’s head and all. And it has the same cross like pattern in front of its eye like on Tim's front and same type of wings. The rest of the stuff like, how its organic structure resembles Allen old left are and its own left seems to be missing, is what I can't determine yet.

Next, another title page in this volume is of chapter 7. Allen is hold a little white dragon in his lap and Tim is sitting on its head.

Spoiler show

Now I can't actually think up anything of what's this one is about but it can be some sort of hint of something we might see in D-gray future developments.

Has anyone spotted some more of such details? Include them in so we can enjoy some significant predictions… XD
    Last edited by rhapsody blue; April 04, 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Placed pictures under spoiler tags

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fallen.'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hints from Mangaka

umm well no one yet believes me about lenalee being the "saint" but i was looking at the episode names and when lenalee was going up against the lv 3 with her old dark boots and she was loosing it was called "The Saint Who Fell into Darkness".
    "The second you allowed yourself to spout a ridiculous word like "perfect", in truth, you had already been defeated. That is if you wish to be treated as a scientist."
    Vizards

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member black_crow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-chan View Post

Not really much sure what this thing is but just putting in my two cents, I think it's Timcanpy's true form. This thing is like behind and on Allen head in familiar manner like Timcanpy usually does, sitting of Allen’s head and all. And it has the same cross like pattern in front of its eye like on Tim's front and same type of wings. The rest of the stuff like, how its organic structure resembles Allen old left are and its own left seems to be missing, is what I can't determine yet.
    I never thought of that It does look like timcampy, it not only has the same wings but it has the same cross on its head. Im convinced haha
    I wonder if this means that timcampy has a true form that will have great importance in the future. It looks more akuma-like so maybe it will have something to do with the fourteenth, besides what we already know

Anyway thanks for all this what not
    http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/Kendarath/ES21/moodset/?action=view&current=008.jpgHow could you not love this face?

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen. View Post
    umm well no one yet believes me about lenalee being the "saint" but i was looking at the episode names and when lenalee was going up against the lv 3 with her old dark boots and she was loosing it was called "The Saint Who Fell into Darkness".

Yes I believe that you may be right. Because not only due to the title of that episode but also, in, I think second chapter of volume 3, behind Lenalee there is a profile picture of a female saint.

Also in second volume, behind Kanda we see this saint type guy, with hair, with a golden mask as it seems, with tattoos on his face which lines/design resembles that tattoo on Kanda's chest.

*mind pondering*

PS to Rhapsody blue: Thanks for editing my first post.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a really good point about timcanpy ive read this theory a while ago (cant remember were). just thinking maybe that is the 14th noah's true form like tyki miks true form

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Lenalee isn't the saint mentioned in chapter 150. Not only does all the evidence in the chapter point to it being Hevlaska, it can't be Lenalee for even more obvious reasons (she wasn't born when the Order was founded, and she's not a member of the Rouvelier family). The "saint" thing could easily just refer to Lenalee being an Exorcist, since they're seen as being protected/chosen/whatever by God.

There was a thread earlier about the various references to Allen's possible Noah-ness, I think... Haven't been able to find it, though.

That Timcanpy thing is really cool! It does look like him, even with that big mouth that we've seen on Tim before. Hmmm... I wonder if we'll ever see it in the story...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! I didn't even realise it... Cause I was rushing through all the chapters all the time I re-read them that I didn't pay attention to the covers and thus missed them all.. ><

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So what does everyone thinks about that 3rd title page with a white dragon in Allen's lap....? Type of innocence...?

Any wild ideas?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Allen gets another innocence that works like Klaud's monkey...? Hehheh...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-chan View Post
    So what does everyone thinks about that 3rd title page with a white dragon in Allen's lap....? Type of innocence...?
    Maybe Hoshino was thinking of introducing some mythical creatures into the plot and later decided against it? :/ It sounds a bit lame, but it was the seventh chapter of the series... Wasn't something mentioned about "many different types of Innocence" in an early chapter, too?

That, or it just looked pretty. ^^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thread! I think the white dragon is probably his innocence.

I wonder if she left any hints for us in this picture of Allen's bedroom.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member black_crow's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats his room?! I thought his room was different. But if i had too look for a clue, hmmm maybe the cross?
    Or the pumpkin-> relo ??
    http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/Kendarath/ES21/moodset/?action=view&current=008.jpgHow could you not love this face?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black_crow View Post
    Thats his room?! I thought his room was different.
    It was. Apparently, Komrin destroyed it, so he got this suspicious storage room that was showed at the end of volume 1. XD But it's apparently close to the cafeteria.

(Most of that stuff was in the room before, actually. Well, except for the bed and food. That picture of the thing carrying the cross coffin, though - didn't he have that in his old room?)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean this?

http://downloads.thespectrum.net/d_g..._v01_189.shtml

Makes me want to look for clues in that mysterious room.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yup, that's it. Hey - that picture I pointed out wasn't originally there! (So maybe Allen took it with him after all?)

So this is an obvious one:

Spoiler show

Actually, I wonder about this, too:

Spoiler show

Wasn't he wearing this after returning from the Ark? =P

And speaking of an earlier picture:

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast