Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Do you want a Liar Game anime?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a LG anime would be awesome!

18 60.00%
  • No, LG should not be turned into an anime

0 0%
  • Maybe, it depends on the animators/other factors

12 40.00%
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game anime ~ yay or nay?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Liar Game anime ~ yay or nay?

Would you watch a liar game anime? If so, who would you want the seiyu to be? How would you feel about it? What studio would you like to animate it?

Since Liar Game is already 138 chapters in, i think an anime would bring more fans in and increase its popularity. Also, it has a lot of material to work off of right now. After all, the drama is doing well, so an anime would also be pretty good right?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game anime ~ yay or nay?

l'd lean towards a liar game anime! It'd be awesome... the art of the manga is not all that great but seeing all the faithfullness would still be great.... I am drunk right now BTW, I have plenty of reasons to drink right now.... Lets find out if I feel the same way once I am sober....

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be great...I always have a lot of faith in seiyuus...I mean they give the character a dimension, which is unavailable in the manga:voice...so many things can be deduced from voice...

So I'd like to hear Yokoya for example...

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see it happen. The Live Action is different enough from the manga that taking the anime route to faithfully adapt the manga is a solid choice.

For a studio I would like to produce it... I would say Madhouse. Personally, I like what they do. But more importantly, I would like it to be similar to their work with the series "Kaiji." If you need to compare Liar Game to another series, this does rank high on the list. Also, it would give a very good chance of licensing outside of Japan too. They have the right art direction, mood, and production values.

For length... I think it would need to be 52 episodes, or so. But seeing as we aren't even close to being finished yet... I think we need to wait at least another year before production begins to ensure that we get a solid ending.

(But I'll settle for the Live Action movie ending for now!)
    That huge Hiroyuki Takei fan, who's has been around for a long, long time....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely love to see an animed adaptation ! I enjoyed the drama (especially the awesome soundtrack), but an anime would definitely do more justice. If I had to pick a studio, it would definitely be SHAFT. Why SHAFT? Well the anime they create are mostly dialogue-heavy and have different art styles than the norm. I'd love it if it were to have the same animation (and maybe even character design) as Bakemonogatari.

As for the seiyuus, I'm thinking maybe Daisuke Namikawa or Takahiro Sakurai for Akiyama, Maria Inoue or Shizuka Itou for Nao and lastly Mamoru Miyano or Hiroshi Kamiya for Yokoya. Hiroshi Kamiya has to be in a SHAFT anime as always !

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be awesome because I would like to hear the voice of Yokoya I always imagined him to be a "sneaky little" character that does not show much emotion in his voice.

Mainly to hear Nao as well, to hear how well they handle all of her crying and such. Also how will they mix the referees impressions of the game. The whole "mind - talk" that some characters do. Many aspects rarely seen in anime would fit perfectly for a Liar Game anime.

New Reply