Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Akuma de Sourou by Takanashi Mitsuba

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akuma de Sourou by Takanashi Mitsuba

Akuma de Sourou

Description
    High school is difficult for most kids. But for Kayano, a shy girl whose single mother seems to work all the time, it's even worse than usual. She's so afraid of drawing attention to herself that she can't tell the handsome Kamijo how much she loves him until one day she finally gets up the courage to write him a letter confessing her feelings.

When she goes to give him the letter all her plans go awry. She's given the letter to the wrong person!

Accidentally, she's given her love letter to Takeru Edogawa who just so happens to be the school principal's son, head of the delinquents and the notorious "Prince of Attraction"! To Kayano he seems like Satan himself. Not only is he devilishly handsome, but he seems to take the utmost pleasure in making her suffer.

Things only get more interesting when Kayano's mother comes home one day and announces she's getting married again --- To principal Edogawa! What will Kayano do when she has to live with this devil 24/7? How will she cope with her literal "Hell on Earth"?

Note: Was adapted into a 26 episode Taiwanese drama: Devil Beside You

Genre
    Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Groups Scanlating
    Hush
    JanimeS

Status in Country of Origin
    11 Volumes (Complete)

Completely Scanlated?
    Yes

Author(s)
    Takanashi Mitsuba

Artist(s)
    Takanashi Mitsuba

Original Publisher
    Shueisha

Serialized In (magazine)
    Betsuma (Shueisha)

Licensed (in English)
    Yes

English Publisher
    CMX Manga

I was introduced to this manga thanks to the recommendation of ~S.a.k.u.r.a. no HaNa~ in the Korean & Japanese Drama/Movies thread She recommended Devil Beside You, a Taiwanese Drama based on Akuma de Sourou. I was enjoying Devil Beside You so much that I decided to check out Akuma de Sourou and I’m so glad I did. I have been enjoying reading this manga very much. I like the art, the characters, the story; I like everything about this manga. The art, as with many other manga series, doesn’t start awesomely great but it gets better as the story progresses. The characters, especially Takeru, are nicely fleshed out and the more you read the more you get to know them and understand them. I like all the characters but if I must choose one, then…I choose Takeru, I love him!!! The story, while it has some of the typical shojo elements, it also has other elements that are quite original and interesting. I also like how the story focuses on themes like friendship, family, stereotypes, prejudice, bullying and …of course romance. I’m on chapter 24 now and I can’t wait to read the next chapter!!

Akuma de Sourou has become one of my favorite manga series!! And though like with any other series, Akuma might not be for every manga fan I would definitely recommend it to at least give it a try. Who knows you might find yourself a fan of it as I did after I finished reading the second chapter.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 08, 2010 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

New Reply