Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who is left standing?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starrk takes it with relative ease

5 10.20%
  • Starrk takes it with relative difficulty

19 38.78%
  • Gin takes it with relative difficulty

10 20.41%
  • Gin takes it with relative ease

15 30.61%
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coyote Starrk vs Ichimaru Gin

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Starrk vs Ichimaru Gin

Stab Spam Master vs Cero Spam Master.

Spoiler show

Distance: 100 meters

State of Mind: Serious (if possible lol).

Gin starts off in Bankai, Starrk starts off in Resurreccion. Full Knowledge of each others abilities.

Who is left standing?

EDIT: If its a rapestomp Starrk is restricted to no wolves.

added spoiler tags for size considerations. /Kaiten
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 09, 2010 at 04:06 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coyote Starrk vs Ichimaru Gin

Starrk. Thanks to full knowledge and frankly better reaction feats when he's bothering to pay attention, Starrk is highly unlikely to even get hit, much less in a lethal location. Worst case scenario for Gin enough cero's to the side of the blade break it (He was worrying about that with Ichigo whose offensive power has been lacking if Getsuuga to the face does nothing), and if not then spam the wolves and flash around and Gin's pretty screwed. His only chance would be to catch him by surprise with a snipe shot, but not likely with full knowledge and Starrk knows where he is.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ hmm...okay maybe I'll limit Starrk to no wolves then...to make it more interesting. Unless someone confidently thinks Bankai Gin can win...?
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; July 09, 2010 at 01:48 AM.

Country
    Tibet
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    spam the wolves and flash around and Gin's pretty screwed.
    ^This.

Gin has no defense against the wolves. If no wolves, even then Stark has the advantage because he seems to be faster and his ranged attack (Cero Metralleta, 1000 ceros) is more powerful.

P.S. Gin vs Love would be an interesting thread.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Stark wins this with ease. All the _fast_ characters can godstomp Gin, and Stark is one of those characters...

Cero Metralleta will melt his head.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm going with Gin.

Stark got SMOKED by Shunui and his shikai. granted, Shunsui is a powerful opponent and his shikai is tricky, but it's just as risky to Shunsui with it's random game switching and the fact that some of the games can harm him as well. Stark got sneak attacked by the shadow stab, but after that, it was a fair, face to face fight, and he knew the rules after taking a little nick on the forearm. after that, he got finished with a single slash.

his speed was impressive, but Gin's bankai speed is way, way, way more impressive. Stark would be lucky to survive the super fast repeating stab move, i forgot the name of it.

Gin can also spam super fast extensions and retractions while turning and swinging the blade. Stark's ceros could be blocked/dissipated relatively easy, and i doubt he'd ever even have time to focus on offense for very long. wolves might be an issue. MIGHT be. they're Stark's only hope.

Gin said something about his sword feeling like it could break because of the temperament of power in Ichigo's sword. such indications have been made before about Ichigo's blade. no cero has the density and power to match that, so i really wouldn't worry about them. physical > energy in Bleach.

i was unbelievably unimpressed with Stark. i can't think of many high end opponents that i would actually vote for him being able to beat.
    half the espada seemed better than him, and they all pretty much sucked besides Barragan and maybe Yammy, we'll see. Szayel, Zomari, and AA all had potential to be ridiculous, but got gimped by Kubo.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno about Gin winning b/c when Shunsui beat Stark, he was having an emotianal breakdown; its really difficult to sell that he was in top shape when you have Stark repeating "i am not alone" to himself. IMO a serious (and stable) Stark would have brought Shunsui to the edge of needing to bring out his bankai. Granted bankai would have destroyed Stark, I think he can take Gin with difficulty only coming from Gin's sword speed (not Gin's speed).

Another factor, is that Stark's abilities can very easily obscure Gin's line of sight, critical since this is a ranged fight. While Gin may be ahead in the offensive department, Stark has both versatility and defense.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Starrk got Smacked by Shunsui's shikai because Shunsui managed to stab him in the back by surprise with a completely random ability and he had to fight the rest of the battle with a debilitating wound. There's no way in hell Gin can pull off the same thing with these parameters, especially with full knowledge of each other's movesets.

I'd also go into Gin's speed not remotely being 'impressive' just throwing large numbers at me with no basis, because there's a huge distinction between the two. Particularly since Ichigo was sidestepping them, and if he has any semblance of speed left then Orihime really is god. And no I'm still not over Orihime reacting to and blocking something his bankai could only barely perceive at the last second. >>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I think this will work is that gin will probably go to range. I reckon he could melee stark if it came down to it, but stark will probably win that with his reflexes and dual weapons.

At range, Gin is more deadly than Starrk. Stark has endless ceros while gin has his sword. The sword not only travels faster and further, it is a deadly wound if it hits. A cero square on will knock Gin back and floor him for a bit, a square on sword attack to Starrk will probably kill him.

Then we have the wolves. We have never seen Gin use kido, so I will assume that in this fight he will not use it. In that case, all he can do is run. His sword can attack through the wolves, so Starrk will be running too. If Gin gets hit, starrk finishes him off easy, if Gin hits, he wins.

I give it to starrk for now. Gin hasn't shown his speed (or much else) so he probably will not be able to take the wolves. If we see more of Gin, then maybe I will change my mind. All he needs is some high level bakudo and some more attack skills and he takes this imo.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    A cero square on will knock Gin back and floor him for a bit, a square on sword attack to Starrk will probably kill him.
    What? If it's a mach 500 stab it has to be in a lethal spot to do anything significant. And on both shinigami and hollows the number of lethal spots is down to two, ONE if pressed and they fill up on Plotkai (HELLO ICHIGO), and Gin's aim seems to suck.

If it's a slash, then not only is it all too easy to react to, being so large and easy to see and tell where it's going as well as not being mach 500, it's also straight up blockable, possibly even with just Hierro, given Ichigo's bankai and it's current track record with both circumstances. >>

Though the strength of Starks is in question now that I think about it. Granted he took virtually no damage from some heavy hits from Love's massive swings but Shunsui cut through him with ease, reality warping or not (Then again he's in the top 4 for a reason).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That is why I said a square hit.

But even then, a sword in the arm will do more than a cero to the arm. Ceros are just not as powerful as sword attacks. And btw, Gin never expected his slashes to connect. That was a ploy. Gin's attacks are all stabs.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really. He nails Ichigo in the arm and it does nothing, and when Starrk nailed Shunsui in the arm once it did nothing. Same thing damage wise, and the cero at least stunned him a little and forced him to back off, as opposed to Ichigo just keeping on coming. Add that to the advantage of the scope of a cero and Starrks going to be hitting a HELL of a lot more than Gin ever will, if he manages at all.

Add that further to Starrk having Hierro and Gin's thrust being blockable somehow (I have no clue how) and it's more up in the air, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one at least, as in he's probably able to cut Starrk. >>

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Magikabullet's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Le Stark I believe ,seems to have the speed ,the insight and the skill to aptly evade Gin's attacks while launching wave after wave of ceros at his opponent. Also is capable of some great close quarter combat and (if it's permitted) can use those independent wolf-bombs to seal the deal, but if somehow he were not allowed to use them, I fear it would degenerate into a long range struggle, which would be further dragged by the fact that what hits Stark may manage to land (with ceros) wouldn't do much at all.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Stark. Just because of his speed. He would be able to evade/dodge Gin's attacks with not much difficulty, the dude is one of the fastest characters in the manga. And Stark's Ceros are fast aswell, he can just appear behind Gin instantly and shoot a Cero at him or the 1000 ceros attack(forgot the name).
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I give this to Starrk. Really even if Gin catches him somehow, I don't think it will be a lethal hit. Starrk on the other hand will shower him with ceros and that's pretty much it. Gin is fast, but Starrk is faster.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast