Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nurarihyon no Mago Ayakashi Hiroku (Official Character Data Book)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mysterious_Kaitou's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Nurarihyon no Mago Ayakashi Hiroku (Official Character Data Book)

EDIT: As the book is newly released and these scans are obviously incomplete, reply if you would like the scans and I will PM you the download link.

I am currently on hiatus because my O Levels are coming and it will only end on 15 November. I will not reply to anything because I'd be too busy studying. Please take note of this.

Some of you may have seen it on LiveJournal. I was planning to post here yesterday night, but I was too tired afterwards, so I'm posting this here now (:

I went to Kinokuniya today after school, and guess what? Just 7 days after the release, the Nurarihyon no Mago character book that I've been dying to read is out! So I obviously bought it, since it was the same price as Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Colore! artbook. (743 yen in Japan, SGD $17.90 by the time it reaches Kinokunya) and I am just so happy right now.

The best thing is that I found out that I share the same birthday as Tsurara. I'm really glad since she's one of my favourite characters

Contents of this book:
    -A set of stickers XD
    -Character profiles of the different groups (and that is a lot of characters :O) which include stuff like basic info that is in the cut and other things that I didn't include (due to my really mediocre Japanese and there is just so much text) which are special characteristics, personality, fear, and weapons. (in which megane is a kind of weapon too. No prize for guessing who)
    -7 chapters in the order of Nura Group, 88 Kiyakou of the Four Kingdoms, Toono Village, Kyoto Demons, Keikain Clan, Kiyo Cross Squad and Shiibashi Group (aka Shiibashi-sensei and his assistants)
    -A lot of lulzy sketches, some extras that explain various things, an interview with Shiibashi-sensei...and a personality quiz!

This post includes
    -Various photos I took because my scanner isn't working at the moment. (stuff that I really want translations for such as the interview with Shiibashi-sensei and the personality quiz)
    -Basic profiles of main characters and the Shiibashi Group because they deserve special mention for making this series possible.

Notes for photos:
    -You can share them but please credit me when doing so.
    -Click thumbnails to see full image.
    -For those that require translation, please translate if you can do so.

*IMPORTANT: Please note that the stickers only come with the first press edition of this book. And probably a special piece of paper that has some stuff about the Kyoto Demons that is rather lulzy. I think that should be all, but my Japanese is very lousy to read anything more than how the stickers are first press edition exclusive.

All translations by imbrifer of LiveJournal and Sama_al_Azraq of MangaHelpers (:

Covers, backs, sides, stickers and posters
    Spoiler show

Front side
    Spoiler show

Preface
    Spoiler show

How to read
    Spoiler show

Content page
    Spoiler show

Information on Nura group
    Spoiler show

Notes for basic profiles:
    -My Japanese standard = hiragana + katakana + reading kanji as Chinese characters.
    -This is why I can list these basic profiles.
    -For heights, especially those of a few main characters that are only thirteen years old, please note that the heights are actually not short in Japanese context even though 145-150+ cm may seem short to some of you. This being said, day!Rikuo is really short compared to night!Rikuo.
    -There are like 104692057 characters in this series, so I can't finish typing them all. But if you want to see the basic profile of a certain character, just comment here and I'll type out the profile for you and update this post.
    -The only rule to the above to request for a certain profile is to use the ~*magic*~ word.

Nura group
    Spoiler show

88 Kiyakou of the 4 Kingdoms
    Spoiler show

Keikain Clan
    Spoiler show

Kiyo Cross Squad
    Spoiler show

Kiyotsugu's Youkai type personality quiz and translation~
    Spoiler show

Gag comic of Kiyotsugu getting his hands on this book:
    Spoiler show

Shiibashi group (the wonderful people who make this series possible)
    Spoiler show

Interview with Shiibashi-sensei
    Spoiler show

That's all for now. I might update this with more profiles and scan this book if I have the time to. Although I doubt that I will do the later because I'm a busy student who needs to take her O Levels in October to November.

Lastly, please do buy the book if you can to support Shiibashi-sensei! (:
    Last edited by Mysterious_Kaitou; September 10, 2010 at 07:47 AM.

BEST PANTY & STOCKING PARODY EVER

2. Thanks 12 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nurarihyon no Mago Ayakashi Hiroku (Official Character Data Book)

If you don't mind, I would like to translate it. Can I put the translation in your post, so all the info is collected in the first post? I also want to edit untranslated character's info. If not, I'll just post here and you can edit it yourself.
    About Nurarihyon's belongings, shouldn't there be namakura (dull sword/katana) too?
    Also, 新書 is literally translated as new book, but it also means books with 173x105 mm size.
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; July 10, 2010 at 04:54 AM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for offering to translate! I think it's better if you post it here and I edit my original post itself because despite my best efforts, the post is rather messy T_T

I'll try to take more photos of the other info soon as well, it's just that the book is over 250 pages and I'll have to take a lot of time to scan / take photos...

Actually in this book, weapons are not considered belongings. Weapons and fear are in other sections in full profiles that are not included in this post (yet). The format of the profiles are something like in Death Note 13: How To Read, so there is a lot of info and other things than basic info.

Ah, thanks for the info on 新書, but other than 'new book', what can it be translated as? :O

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Interview show

Spoiler show

For the belongings
    Spoiler show

Maybe let's keep it new book... It's called new book because it's new size type when it firstly released anyway. And it's Japanese only book category. Like tankobon or bunko.
    I think I know where katate size comes from. Make ryoute size as the opposite to understand it lol.
    Edit:Added forgotten part of Kitsune-Yura in Nurari chara talk
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; July 11, 2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Separate the chara talk from interview

7. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for the translations! I especially liked the interview with Shiibashi-sensei so much (:

Updated my first post as well and credited you too...

Sorry for the typo on Kyuuso (of the Shiibashi group), I've updated his fear (special skill) to 畏(特技): すぐ入院したしまう。 instead of my previous typo ;A;

Edited first post to explain about how the stickers are first press edition exclusive together with how to get my proper scans of the book.

In order to download my scans, please note that there are only 22 images that I scanned so far and you will have to reply to this thread so that I will PM you the download link.

TL;DR, read the first post again (:
    Last edited by Mysterious_Kaitou; July 12, 2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyuuso
    Fear (special skill) : Immediately get hospitalized

I found it funny that Ryuuji is such a siskon (although he said it's a lie, but he's a liar, maybe he lied that it's a lie?). Well, he trapped Yura into horse manure in the past and tricked her into inserting mentos into diet cola, so he does have a twisted love for Yura.
    And Kubinashi was a woman, so it explains why some of the readers mistake Kubinashi as woman. Because he was one...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Sama_al_Azraq:
    Ah, Ryuuji is that amazing as a character. After all, beneath every truth is a lie and beneath every lie is a truth, so with him, it's so hard to tell what is the truth.

Knowing him, he's most likely to lie that what he was lying about was a lie, so it could or could not be the truth. Makes me wonder how was he brought up to become like that.

For Kubinashi, he is indeed really pretty *A*

Oh, and I'll be PMing you some scans that I managed to make with some full profiles soon (:

@ everyone:

Edited the names of Shiibashi-sensei's assistants because my Japanese is extremely fail. Apparently the names I saw earlier was something else, and not their names, orz.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Side show

Spoiler: Preface show

Spoiler: How to show

Spoiler: Table of Contents show

Spoiler: Nura group show

Spoiler show

The youkai ABC conversation supposed to sounds like tv shopping commercial, I don't know the proper english for that, so this is my limit. Edit things that can be changed so it sounds more like tv shopping please.
    So Tsurara serve Rikuo since little, and it's not serve Rikuo since Rikuo little but since Tsurara little. In ch 1 Tsurara looks the same age with Rikuo, but the flashback on Yosuzume fight and when Tsurara fainted makes it looks like Tsurara is older. Mmm...

Added Setsura and Ao, Ao's one looks like just a part of it though.
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; July 20, 2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

This comment may be a bit late...but thank you so much for translating the full profiles, especially Rikuo's profile with the thoughts of the day and the night to each other because I ship night!Rikuo x day!Rikuo so much. \o/

And everyone's profile is really a lot to translate *applauds*

Yeah, that was part of Aotabou's profile. I managed to scan more of the book today and finished with all the profiles of the Nura group, so I'll be PMing you another link to more scans (:

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Nura group show

Fuhh, actually finished it.
    Merged the Nura group part in previous post into one with the new one and fixed a little of them (like adding Tsurara part about bento that got missed before).
    Need to get a checking though...
    Last edited by Sama_al_Azraq; August 14, 2010 at 11:08 PM.

16. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Can you send me the download links for the scans please? I really want them.. Please? Thanks a lot! :3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member recure's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

there something bothering mw is in the official data book thir age is not mentioned?
    i want to know how old tsurara

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Youkai ages are never mentioned anywhere in the book. I would know, since I can read kanji and therefore can read ages despite my lack of Japanese knowledge with my Chinese skills.

IKR? Tsurara is still so mysterious, and it's bad enough that her weight's a secret D:

At least we get to know the birthdays, unlike the Natsume Yuujinchou guidebook which shows the stats for only the human characters while there are only personality descriptions for youkai...

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Shikoku show

No mentioning about ages, the only clue maybe form Youkainou (the omake on manga tanko) where a reader asked whose older between Kubinashi, Sanbagarasu and Tsurara. Kubinashi answered that Sanbagarasu and Tsurara are actually really young. (well, that comes from a youkai who born in Edo era though...)
    In Shikoku arc, 300 years ago Nurarihyon met Inugami Gyoubu. So when was Rihan actually start taking charge? And Nurarihyon still look young there, and there is Setsura behind him.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering in the special manga in the Hyakki Sennen Engi, Rihan called himself ruler of Edo, it's probably 100 years after that. Considering Edo was changed into Tokyo in 1868

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast