Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Flash steps

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aizen

8 57.14%
  • Yoruichi

6 42.86%
New Reply

Thread: Aizen vs Yoruichi (in flash steps race)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MissElementality's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen vs Yoruichi (in flash steps race)

I'ts kinda Hard to tell. Even if Aizen is indeed faster than Yoruichi, he tends to hide his true ability. Hence, he doesn't have the title "God of Flash" simply because no one knew he was that good.

But then again, as Tsukiyomi has said on several occasions that each person's limit is different. Maybe Aizen hit his "movement" limit before reaching Yoruichi's shunpo level. That and Aizen wasn't fast enough to react when Yoruichi and Soi Fong ambushed him.

But I'm still going to say Yoruichi is faster,as her mentor soifon was able to flash step close to aizen before he takes out his sword,thus it was shown in their battle that soifon could hardly keep up with her,not getting a chance to strike her twice......
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Shunpo
    Last edited by MissElementality; July 10, 2010 at 01:15 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aizen Vs yoruichi (in flash steps race)

illusions played a big part in Aizen's bout with all the captains/vaizards at once, so Soi Fon's feat may or may not be a feat after all.

when Ichigo showed up, Aizen made him look like a complete statue with his speed alone.

it's a tough call, but just because Aizen is Aizen, i'd err on the safe side and say he is faster.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanzokuken View Post
    illusions played a big part in Aizen's bout with all the captains/vaizards at once, so Soi Fon's feat may or may not be a feat after all.

when Ichigo showed up, Aizen made him look like a complete statue with his speed alone.

it's a tough call, but just because Aizen is Aizen, i'd err on the safe side and say he is faster.
    Really tough....ehh,he was able to catch her offgard in his "new" form....so according to that,id say their either equal,or aizen mabye faster.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

depends what form of aizen it is.

glasses form - yoruichi wins
    superman arrancar outfit- yoruichi wins
    fusion houg- yoruichi barely wins
    Godzen- yoruichi loses

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd lean towards aizen being faster here..... I think yoruichi is actually better at flash steps but aizen has the greater amount of reiatsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

flash steps isn't shunpo'ing distances in one step. I don't think Yoruichi is that fast in that regard. Maybe in STEPS she is the fastest or 'Speed Blitzing' as people call it. I think Aizen is faster, in his new form especially. She titled herself god of flash, but is she really faster than Yama? Is she faster than Shunsui? (Over one step) I don't think she is, but in terms of making clones yes, she's the best at that, that's flash steps. But Shunpo'ing over long distances, I'd bet on Aizen, and in his new form maybe even flash steps as well. Making speed clones is great, but if you can read the reaitsu of where the person is, it makes no difference.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    flash steps isn't shunpo'ing distances in one step. I don't think Yoruichi is that fast in that regard. Maybe in STEPS she is the fastest or 'Speed Blitzing' as people call it. I think Aizen is faster, in his new form especially. She titled herself god of flash, but is she really faster than Yama? Is she faster than Shunsui? (Over one step) I don't think she is, but in terms of making clones yes, she's the best at that, that's flash steps. But Shunpo'ing over long distances, I'd bet on Aizen, and in his new form maybe even flash steps as well. Making speed clones is great, but if you can read the reaitsu of where the person is, it makes no difference.
    "goddess of flash" that means shes faster then everyone else in bleach,she has mastered all the Onmitsukido's speed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Making clones doesn't necessarily mean Flash steps.... I think you "can" make the illusion of clones with flash steps, but Flash steps isn't the definition of or limited to the making of clones.

Shunpo is the romanized Japanese word for that Shinigami ability/technique, and Flash steps in the same thing as Shunpo... it's just that Flash steps is the english translation.

Just as "Shinigami" is the romanized Japanese name, and "Soul reaper" is the English translation.

Now, as for whether or not Yuruichi is the fastest right now.... I honestly don't think she's faster than Aizen. Nobody should be, considering the way Aizen is right now. Then not to mention that she was out of shape after not practicing/training in 100 years. She has most likely trained some now..after the events in the Soul Society arc, but still... she missed on 100 years of training.

As for back when Yuruichi had the title of "goddess of flash" 100 years ago ... well, that definitely has to tell you something about her mastery of Shunpo/flash steps... I don't think she held that title for no reason.

Also, I don't think she titled herself. I think she earned that title and people actually know her by that title and recognized her speed/flash steps mastery, and I bet she's still one of the fastest characters. Who knows how much better she would've been had she continued training during those 100 years... unless she had already reached her Shinigami limit, but I don't think she had. Just look at how much Soifon improved in those 100 years. Yoruichi may not have improved to the same extend as Soifon if Yoruichi was already near her shinigami limit;however, she should have improved some and most importantly... she would have stayed in shape. We know that Yoruichi in the Soul society Arc was actually weaker than how she was 100 years ago.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/119/19/

We also know that Yuruichi, while being out of shape in the Soul Society Ark, was able to carry a person and still be able to outrun Byakuya, who is also a pretty good shunpo/flashstep user. And that was the Yuruichi that was out of shape.

http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/120/04/

On the next page, Yuruichi states that there was nobody there who could have defeated byakuya;however, the reason why that could be the case... is not stated. It would be possible that it was because Yoruichi wouldn't be able to fight him while trying to protect Ichigo, and the others, or could also be due to her being tired because she just recently turned into her human form again after so long. It was a complicated situation... not to mention that Yuruichi hasn't even shown her Zanpakutō, but surely... she must have one.

Yoruichi has had some time to get back in shape from the time the Soul Society Ark ended to the time she, Urahara, and Isshin fought Godzen recently;however, that may not have been a whole lot of time for Yuruichi to do a whole lot of training/getting used to her human body etc. She did injure her leg and her arm when she beat Yammy, and I think that might have been due to her being out of shape and in her cat form for so long. Then considering that in the actual story... really not a whole lot of time has passed since Ichigo got back from Soul Society. (not counting fillers from the anime)

Yoruichi is still very fast. And she proved it to Soifon, even after 100 years of not fighting... but I don't think she is faster than the current Aizen.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a big part of this topic is extremely murky due to the effect reiatsu has over battle. Lets consider ichigo's and renji's very first fight for one thing. Renji by the time was a VC who had had 50 years worth of shinigami fighting and traning while ichigo was a worthless punk who had 3 months of less than rudimentary training without so much of a shred of official basic training. In that sense, renji should have have overwhelmingly superior basic skills and in all fairness still should have. Yet, when the two fought all it took was a relatively small increase in the amount of reiatsu released and renji got his ass handed to him. In that sense, a difference in reiatsu can more than make up for a difference in technique.

Now, the problem with this thread is what exactly is a shunpo. We have never been explained such a thing, we only have some vague information:

1.- Shunpo means flash step.
    2.- Yamamoto said shunsui could now travel long distanced with one step.

I will elaborate on what IMO is a flashstep based on that. The first logical conclusion is that a flash step is just that, a extremely fast individual step over which the user travels distances superior to that of a single ordinary step. In that sense, shunpo has two elements. The first is speed and the second is distance. Basically, a good flash step has the maximun output of both things. Now, that is cleared up there is that aspect which I mentioned makes things very murky, reiatsu. Shunpo is something that must necessarily have its foundation in the physical capacities of the user, something actually different from the actual technique involved in using shunpo. Two people can have the exact same amount of skill and technique when using shunpo, yet even a slight difference in reiatsu can make an overwhelming difference. The reverse is also true, two people can have the exact same amount of reiatsu, yet a difference of actual technique when using shunpo can make an overwhelming difference. This also means someone could potentially be the unquestionable best shunpo user out there, yet he'd be far from even being fast since he lacks reiatsu to back it up. In turn, someone who doesn't even know what shunpo is could fight against someone with shunpo simply due to having high reiatsu.

Now, for this thread. IMHO yoruichi is actually a more skilled shunpo user, yet even before aizen transformed into whatever he is now he was far faster than her. He has a great physical condition, he has implied he is skilled at shunpo and has reiatsu apparently at least twice that of a captain. I don't see how yoruichi could be faster than aizen even if actually more skilled at shunpo than he is.

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said flash steps were different than shunpo. you misunderstood. I stated that they were the same. but when you shunpo you move in a 'flash' hence, flash steps. I know what the words mean. What I was saying is the godess of flash is a self-proclaimed title she gave herself. Because that was her profession. Shunpo. Hand to hand combat as well. What I'm saying is she is fast, but she is even quicker. Speed is not the same as being quick. 0-60 is not top speed. Ichigo couldn't catch Starrk. Yet Ichigo made after images of himself. Yoruichi does the same thing, does that mean she can shunpo a distance of miles in one step? I doubt it does. I think she is quick with creating after images because of the distance between those steps is minimal. 30meters maybe max. But with the case of Shunsui I used, he Shunpoed presumably miles with one step and came back with the next. So going miles compared to 100ft isn't the same thing. Her profession is shunpoing sure, but I don't think she could travel the distances in an instant that someone like Shunsui, Yama, Aizen can. Another thing is this 'twice the captain level of reiatsu'; that's captain LEVEL, not ALL captains. Do you think Yama's reiatsu is a level of only twice captain level? Please. Aizen had twice captain level of reiatsu at least. Same can be said with Ichigo. Why can't the same be said about Shunsui or Unohana or even Juushiro Urahara Yoruichi? I believe they have twice the level of reiatsu that equals CAPTAIN LEVEL! Even Renji has captain level reiatsu, is he as strong as say Byakuya?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not answering to your post in any way... I did not even read it lol, I was just making a point about the overall thread topic.... Perhaps I will read past the first few posts of this thread later on lol

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what the words mean. What I was saying is the godess of flash is a self-proclaimed title she gave herself.
    Do you have manga pages to support this claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    Also, I don't think she titled herself. I think she earned that title and people actually know her by that title and recognized her speed/flash steps mastery, and I bet she's still one of the fastest characters.
    In addition, I just don't remember reading where Yoruichi says that she gave herself that title. I'm pretty sure people actually called her that first. Other people gave her that title, then she just went with it. I don't think she made it up herself.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said flash steps were different than shunpo. you misunderstood. I stated that they were the same. but when you shunpo you move in a 'flash' hence, flash steps. I know what the words mean. What I was saying is the godess of flash is a self-proclaimed title she gave herself. Because that was her profession. Shunpo. Hand to hand combat as well. What I'm saying is she is fast, but she is even quicker. Speed is not the same as being quick. 0-60 is not top speed. Ichigo couldn't catch Starrk. Yet Ichigo made after images of himself. Yoruichi does the same thing, does that mean she can shunpo a distance of miles in one step? I doubt it does. I think she is quick with creating after images because of the distance between those steps is minimal. 30meters maybe max. But with the case of Shunsui I used, he Shunpoed presumably miles with one step and came back with the next. So going miles compared to 100ft isn't the same thing. Her profession is shunpoing sure, but I don't think she could travel the distances in an instant that someone like Shunsui, Yama, Aizen can. Another thing is this 'twice the captain level of reiatsu'; that's captain LEVEL, not ALL captains. Do you think Yama's reiatsu is a level of only twice captain level? Please. Aizen had twice captain level of reiatsu at least. Same can be said with Ichigo. Why can't the same be said about Shunsui or Unohana or even Juushiro Urahara Yoruichi? I believe they have twice the level of reiatsu that equals CAPTAIN LEVEL! Even Renji has captain level reiatsu, is he as strong as say Byakuya?
    You cant title your self,it has to be given to you by other individuals,Like the titled “the maid” George is struggling for an identity. He desperately wants to be called T-Bone. But, that name ends up being bestowed upon another someone else…thus proving you can’t give yourself a title. :O
    Last edited by MissElementality; July 13, 2010 at 09:46 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She said she was the godess of flash, but Omaeda says soi-fon is the fastest in Soul Society. Which one is self titled? Did Soi-Fon say, 'looks it's the godess of flash'? No, but Kubo gave the title to her, when he did that though, he used it through her saying so. She said this to Soi-Fon with their first re-encounter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Charred's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the powerups aizen has been getting, people tend to forget that aizen w regular shikai can still take a dump on almost anybody without an aoe to blow up everything

New Reply