Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: you know the drill

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team A

5 41.67%
  • Team B

7 58.33%
  • Cant tell/Tie

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Gotei 13 Captain Civil War

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotei 13 Captain Civil War

Team A: Shunsui, Jushiro, Retsu, Gin, Kaname, Toshiro, Mayuri, Sajin, Love and Rose.

Team B: Kisuke, Isshin, Yoruichi, Tessai, Shinji, Byakuya, Kenpachi, Soifon, Kensei and Ichigo(either him or ginrei, who powers we havnt seen).

Battleground: Fake Karakura Town

Tried to get even teams that would work well togather eg kisuke, isshin, yoruichi and tessai, ichigo and isshin, Byakuya and kenpachi, soifon and youruichi. and with team a shunsui and jushiro, gin and kaname and love and rose.

no aizan and yama for obviouse reasons.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gotei 13 Captain Civil War

I'd lean towards team b.... Ishin is a powerhouse capable of going toe to toe with aizen.... Tessai is versatile in that he is extremely skilled in kido. Kempachi can take komamura and probably keep fighting enough to at least hurt someone else. Unohana is probably strong and scary and whatnot but I don't think she'd be manageable. IMHO kensei or shinji could fight on par with ukitake and kyoraku once mask are considered. Byakuya could handle gin.....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think team A would win since they have a healer. People focus too much on battle strength and forget that the lack of a healer for a team could make all the difference. Don't know if anyone here has played an mmorpg, but try forming a party without a healer and see how successful you'll be.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly massive offensives like these are hard to tell in general. Way too many variables to factor in. Are they going at it one on one, group effort, how do they attempt to complement abilities, who targets who, etc... Most of the time you look at the heaviest hitters on each side and decide who wins based on who has some of the better ones, which isn't really all that sensible.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    I think team A would win since they have a healer. People focus too much on battle strength and forget that the lack of a healer for a team could make all the difference. Don't know if anyone here has played an mmorpg, but try forming a party without a healer and see how successful you'll be.
    Having unohana heal is actually a bad thing IMHO. For one thing, the battle turns into a 10 vs 8 rather than a 10 vs 10 since unohana won't fight and someone from her team is being healed. Also, she is NOT orihime. She can certainly heal fast but IMO not to the point where it'd be helpful in the current fight. It'd be better to have her in the front lines kicking someones ass.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Never showed anywhere that Orihime can heal faster than Unohana. That's a big myth. Team A wins, the experience of the elder 3 accounts for a lot, plus the unknown factors of the rest of their abilities, just in shikai, let alone bankai is enough to take out 4 captains IMO. Plus they have a few vizards on their team, and Gin's bankai is pretty fast might I add. Not an easy victory, but to me it's team A.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Never showed anywhere that Orihime can heal faster than Unohana. That's a big myth. Team A wins, the experience of the elder 3 accounts for a lot, plus the unknown factors of the rest of their abilities, just in shikai, let alone bankai is enough to take out 4 captains IMO. Plus they have a few vizards on their team, and Gin's bankai is pretty fast might I add. Not an easy victory, but to me it's team A.
    So after SS byakuya was bedridden with renji on his side for no reason at all? Doubt that lol.... Unohana is definitely an awesome healer but I doubt she can actually heal and regenerate insane wounds and limbs in a matter of seconds.

I never really understood how experience is that big of a factor in fights between bleach characters.... Surely it counts to a great extent when comparing old and young characters but does it really count when we are dealing with several people who are several hundred years old? Shunsui and ukitake are definitely old but I doubt experience would be anything even remotely close to a deciding factor in a fight against someone over 100...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

having twice or maybe three times the experience of captains that are already 200 years old does account for a lot. Knowing your enemy and their abilities and having watched them train and grow can speak a lot. You have to remember that Shunsui Juushiro and Unohana probably had people in their squads go to other squads and advance or even in their own squad. We seen this with Juushiro and Kaien Shiba. He was at captain level and wanted him to take a captains seat. Do you think Shiba who was underneath Juushiro would have been able to stand against him (without the health issue) even if he were a captain? Think about it. These guys were captains for over a hundred years when the current captains weren't even vice captains! Who knows how old they are or how much experience they have. I'm sticking by what I said. It's the same in sports. You can be a bad-ass in college, be the fastest guy on your team, but you make it to the pros and you're just another kid who has to prove himself. Lots of people make it to the pros, or become shinigami, but only a few become champions or captains. And even among pros and champions or captains, there are some that are much better than the others. Not every captain is equal. Just making it to captaincy is good but when someone is captain of their squad for at least 200-300 years there's a difference.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

i think team a would take this. gin would drop kenpachi and ichigo. mayuri has his poison, hitsu has his ice obelisk and tosen has his bankai. team a would lose some to soifons nuke but i think they could pull through. there biggest threat is from shinji and urahara and tessai i think but i think they could win through numbers after casulties.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

After Ichigo gains his massive power-up, team B. Before than team A. Tousen's bankai is too much to handle.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Having unohana heal is actually a bad thing IMHO. For one thing, the battle turns into a 10 vs 8 rather than a 10 vs 10 since unohana won't fight and someone from her team is being healed. Also, she is NOT orihime. She can certainly heal fast but IMO not to the point where it'd be helpful in the current fight. It'd be better to have her in the front lines kicking someones ass.
    I doubt she'd just idly wait until a captain on her side was injured...Frankly based on her hype from Kubo himself...she'd probably be an immense help in the front lines.

New Reply