Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Starrk vs. Baraggan

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starrk

14 60.87%
  • Baraggan

7 30.43%
  • Tie/too hard to tell/etc

2 8.70%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starrk vs Baraggan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Starrk vs Baraggan

I was looking for this thread since I was sure I saw it, since I wanted to go and see what I voted, but the thread is nowhere to be found. So I figure, the thread was never there. If I missed it, feel free to delete/merge whatever. But I can't believe no one ever made this thread o_0

Battle conditions - Both are released, and can use whatever they were seen using. They have FKT all for themselves, no special conditions.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starrk vs Baraggan

Starrk albeit barely for two reasons. First being that Energy attacks can get through to Barragon if there's simply too much to age away, which is basically Starrk's entire stick, and second the wolves are pretty much seemingly impervious to everything that was thrown at them.

Of course if he gets nailed in the chest at all it's over, which his speed may or may not help to cover, though who knows there. Were Barragon not a friggin moron I'd probably have said him, but Starrk has the tools to do it at his disposal, just doing the deed's going to be rough. I'd probably say tie, but I'm going to go with my gut and vote Starrk regardless.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

if there no specail conditions does this affect there personality?...if so barragan goes up close n kills starrk easy coz he not toying with the enemy like he did with soi fon...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would've gone with Starrk for similar reasons you did (Random), although it would be really really tough.

But once I saw what an actual hit from Soi Fon's bankai did, I decided to go with Gramps. He could tank a blast like that, something I honestly doubt any of the espada could.

I just can't see Starrk doing enough damage even if wolves do get through and cause some damage. I think it would be a long and tedious fight, with ultimately one result, Bara catching up (he showed he can versus a very fast opponent) and ending the fight.

He's just too hax, IMO.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Barragan is haxed but kubo ruined him by his personailty...IMO only Yamma out of the gotei13 could kill him he that hax.

Aizen is most hax now tho with the whole if you dont believe his existance you die he dont even need to stab or draw a sword it hax like made.

bara would get injured by wolves but not that much maybe one or two would get him n look what one or two did to the vaizards not much damage.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Starrk albeit barely for two reasons. First being that Energy attacks can get through to Barragon if there's simply too much to age away, which is basically Starrk's entire stick, and second the wolves are pretty much seemingly impervious to everything that was thrown at them.

Of course if he gets nailed in the chest at all it's over, which his speed may or may not help to cover, though who knows there. Were Barragon not a friggin moron I'd probably have said him, but Starrk has the tools to do it at his disposal, just doing the deed's going to be rough. I'd probably say tie, but I'm going to go with my gut and vote Starrk regardless.
    Pretty much agreed, but went with tie, b/c if Stark and Barragan were truly on same lvl, (or rather same capacity to beat one another) I could see Aizen giving Barragan the number 2 as a spit in the face. Even though there is this whole yammy 0 business, the connotation of being second when your the god-king of hueco mundo must hurt. IF Barragan wasn't Toopid, he would undoubtedly be the strongest espada.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Barragan can use sonido then he's seriously one deadly motherf...r (not that he already isn't). I would have liked to see him use gran caida in combat as well. I'm going to go with a tie.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think every espada can use sonido. Even Nnoitra did it. I picked Starrk, only because he knows he's #1 and he's that for a reason. If Aizen had faith in him with splitting his soul into pieces and using it as a weapon, I'd say he could get that in with a hit on barragan. Not sure if he could age he souls/wolves enough to stop them. Even Soi-Fon's bankai made some contact. He couldn't stop that completely. I doubt he could stop Starrks ability completely either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wen't with Stark aka spam master lol.
    to put it simply i believe Stark's certain "abilities" would be to much for barragan
    1.INCREDIBLE long range attakcs "wolves and 1000 ceros"
    2.Top class Speed "he is most likely one of the fasest characters shown in bleach"
    and
    3.Battle Intelligence "he figured out Shunsui's and Ukitake's shikai's out pretty damn fast".
    all these things is what puts Stark over Barragan IMHO

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Barragan.

everything gets aged. ceros will rot away just like kido did. Stark can't land a hit.
    if he does magically, it won't matter. Barragan survived Soi Fon's bankai. Stark probably hasn't got anything with that kind of power. and even if he does...Barragan was missing half his head. how else can Barragan be killed aside from the way he was? his own power.

Barragan>Stark.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite the rankings. everything I saw goes in Barragan's favor. He has terrifying speed just like Starrk as seen here:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/356/15/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/356/16/

Barragan can literally kill in one touch. I think he can touch Starrk once.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member damane08's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicholassama View Post
    Despite the rankings. everything I saw goes in Barragan's favor. He has terrifying speed just like Starrk as seen here:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/356/15/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/356/16/

Barragan can literally kill in one touch. I think he can touch Starrk once.

lets take that statement into consideration:

we know that Barragan had not released his sword yet, if you say that his speed at that time was the same as a released Starrk then you would also be saying that when he releases he should be faster than Starrk, considering the boost in speed that he would receive from releasing.

Don't assume that because he got behind someone kneeling on the ground right in front of him while he was talking means that he is as fast as Starrk.

There's no way that they don't know each other's powers (espada i mean) simply because there was absolutely no surprise on their faces when they released (of course this is just an assumption) but you can't tell me that Starrk doesn't know Barragan's power and vice-versa.

the only type of attack we know that can deal considerable damage to Barragan is the same type of attack that Starrk does best (although after watching the anime, they don't seem that powerful to me. they seemed a lot more powerful in the manga imo, Cero Metralleta i mean) and i doubt that Cero Metralleta will have that much effect on Barragan.

the wolves seem very powerful though, so they might be able to cause some damage.

Conclusion: i have no idea who would win.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxDrEvilxX View Post

we know that Barragan had not released his sword yet, if you say that his speed at that time was the same as a released Starrk then you would also be saying that when he releases he should be faster than Starrk, considering the boost in speed that he would receive from releasing.

Don't assume that because he got behind someone kneeling on the ground right in front of him while he was talking means that he is as fast as Starrk.

There's no way that they don't know each other's powers (espada i mean) simply because there was absolutely no surprise on their faces when they released (of course this is just an assumption) but you can't tell me that Starrk doesn't know Barragan's power and vice-versa.

the only type of attack we know that can deal considerable damage to Barragan is the same type of attack that Starrk does best (although after watching the anime, they don't seem that powerful to me. they seemed a lot more powerful in the manga imo, Cero Metralleta i mean) and i doubt that Cero Metralleta will have that much effect on Barragan.

the wolves seem very powerful though, so they might be able to cause some damage.

how do you propose Stark manages to get some wolves to even hit Barragan?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxDrEvilxX View Post

Kneeling or not, you are aware that was SOI FON right. She is able to move at speeds equal to that of the Goddess of Flash. The fact that he so calmly speed blitzed SOI FON is not something to write off. I'm not saying he's faster than Starrk, but I doubt the difference is anything noteworthy.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think this fight depends on how respira works. Does respira get spent as it ages stuff or does it remain there regardless of how much stuff it ages? If there is a limit to how much respira can age something then starrk is the perfect counter for barragan.... Barragan is a spammer by definition, if respira gets spent as it ages stuff, firing continuous cero to through respira into barragan will inevitably result in barragan getting hit.... Same result can be achieved by wolves....

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast