Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Byakuya shikai defeats Urahara shikai

0 0%
  • Byakuya shikai vs Urahara shikai, too close to tell

1 5.00%
  • Urahara shikai defeats Byakuya shikai but loses to Byakuya bankai

6 30.00%
  • Urahara shikai vs Byakuya bankai, too close to tell

0 0%
  • Urahara shikai defeats Byakuya bankai

13 65.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Urahara Kisuke vs Kuchiki Byakuya

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara Kisuke vs Kuchiki Byakuya

Rules and Conditions:

Scenario 1:

1. Both Urahara and Byakuya can use all the abilities they shown, except bankai.
    2. The fight starts in the air in FKT.

Scenario 2:

1. Byakuya can use bankai. Urahara can only use bankai when it's shown.
    2. The fight starts in the air in FKT.
    3. Byakuya is willing to use his full power in this fight (1000 senki blades at the same time).

Scenario 1 I think Urahara will win. Him and Byakuya have similar abilities, but Urahara seems better in most aspects. At the moment, it looks like Byakuya would win scenario 2. I still think Urahara has a good chance of winning, because IMO Urahara is on a higher level. I doubt Byakuya could hold off a HG empowered Aizen as long as Urahara did.

Moderator message by: Thorn
    Poll added
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; October 17, 2010 at 01:53 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Urahara Kisuke vs Kuchiki Byakuya

Scenario 1: Urahara. Even if Urahara can't use his inventions (you said only shikai) nor his kido his shikai is similar to Ichigo's and Ichigo's shikai pwned Byakuya's shikai.

Scenario 2: Obv we don't know until we see his bankai. Also, 1000 senkai blades is as much full power as his normal bankai form (1 mil "petals" vs 1 mil "petals" compressed into 1000 zanpakutou, the net amount of "petals" is the same). Shuukei (where he compresses all 1 mil "petals" into 1 zanpakutou) is however undoubtedly his strongest single attack.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I should of thought that through a little more before I typed it
    Both of them can use all the abilities in scenario 1, except bankai.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright. Well, Byakuya has demonstrated some powerful lower leveled kidou w/o incantation and a dankuu w/o incantation. Kisuke has used hadou 91with incantation, so it's hard to compare kidou ability. As Byakuya has used lower leveled kidou without incantation to good use, while Kisuke has been using high level kidou with incantation, also to good use (Aizen said it would have been bad w/o hogyoku).

Add on to that Urahara's inventions and it's really leaning towards Urahara.
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Alright. Well, Byakuya has demonstrated some powerful lower leveled kidou w/o incantation and a dankuu w/o incantation. Kisuke has used hadou 91with incantation, so it's hard to compare kidou ability. As Byakuya has used lower leveled kidou without incantation to good use, while Kisuke has been using high level kidou with incantation, also to good use (Aizen said it would have been bad w/o hogyoku).

Add on to that Urahara's inventions and it's really leaning towards Urahara.
    Agreed, Byakuya certainly wouldn't have a kidou advantage against Kisuke, and I doubt he would have a speed advantage as well.

Kisuke's shikai is like superior version of Ichigo's bankai (at least up until this point). Not only does it fire an attack that's very similar to GT, but it can also create shields and and a binding net which later can be detonated and make a powerful explosion. I would lean towards Kisuke in both scenarios.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Kisuke's shikai is like superior version of Ichigo's bankai (at least up until this point). Not only does it fire an attack that's very similar to GT, but it can also create shields and and a binding net which later can be detonated and make a powerful explosion. I would lean towards Kisuke in both scenarios.
    You mean Ichigo's shikai right? Urahara's shikai doesn't seem to increase speed/power by compressing reiatsu into a dense sword from what we've seen.

But yeah, his reiatsu-based attack from shikai is very similar to Ichigo's (used in training grounds against each other they made similar marks on the ground). Then he has his other abilities (shield, net, exploding net, etc.). So yeah, it's basically Ichigo's shikai on steroids (at least until Ichigo learns final getsuga tenshou).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean Ichigo's shikai right? Urahara's shikai doesn't seem to increase speed/power by compressing reiatsu into a dense sword from what we've seen.

But yeah, his reiatsu-based attack from shikai is very similar to Ichigo's (used in training grounds against each other they made similar marks on the ground). Then he has his other abilities (shield, net, exploding net, etc.). So yeah, it's basically Ichigo's shikai on steroids (at least until Ichigo learns final getsuga tenshou).
    No, I meant his bankai because it's of similar size to tensa zangentsu, not Ichigo's bulky, ugly, shikai cleaver thing. I'm sure Kisuke's shikai increases power over it's sealed state. Probably gives no speed increase, but I think Kisuke is as quick as Ichigo is in bankai regardless of that. So yeah, benihime is a superior version of tensa zangetsu.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; July 11, 2010 at 10:09 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya can hang with Urahara, he can hang with anyone. He stopped Gin's sword without Shikai or Bankai to save Rukia after he just faced Bankai Ichigo(even if he was severly injured), whom he rescued out from under Gin AND Aizen's eyes. That's speed. His cicada technique is a perfect counter for Urahara's portable gigai trick. I don't think it's an easy victory for either one. I'd rate them about even. I don't think Urahara is as fast as Byakuya, although they both trained with Yoruichi, I'd still put them evenly. Kido also. Shikai abilities maybe a bit better for Urahara, but I don't think by much.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    No, I meant his bankai because it's of similar size to tensa zangentsu, not Ichigo's bulky, ugly, shikai cleaver thing. I'm sure Kisuke's shikai increases power over it's sealed state. Probably gives no speed increase, but I think Kisuke is as quick as Ichigo is in bankai regardless of that. So yeah, benihime is a superior version of tensa zangetsu.
    1. Size really doesn't matter, a katana and a cleaver both do one thing, cut.

2. Any shikai increases power over sealed state.

3. Kisuke may be as quick as Ichigo is in bankai, but his shikai doesn't make him faster than he is unreleased does it? That's one of the unique abilities of Ichigo's bankai which has not been demonstrated by any other zanpakutou.

4. Urahara's reiatsu-based attack hasn't shown the ability to be held with the zanpakutou when attacking, or be controlled by the user actively when used as does tensa zangetsu's getsuga tenshou. It's much more akin to Zangetsu's shikai getsuga tenshou, which is quick reiatsu-based attack.

Seriously, if you look past the size and shape difference, Ichigo's shikai and Urahara's shikai are far more similar than Ichigo's bankai and Urahara's shikai.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see no one using the recent chapters as evidence in Urahara's favor. I mean, he was really impressive, but his greatest damage was done by an attack that turned Aizen's own power against him. And he didn't actually fight him directly.

So can we really say we have an accurate guage of Urahara's movement speed, attack power, and endurance? I don't really think so.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, if you look past the size and shape difference, Ichigo's shikai and Urahara's shikai are far more similar than Ichigo's bankai and Urahara's shikai.
    Even if benihime is more similar to Ichigo's shikai, that doesn't stop it from being superior to his bankai as well. The point is that Kisuke in shikai can do anything Ichigo in bankai can, and more.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Since we haven't seen urahara's bankai, I will limit my post to scenario 1.

I think urahara has an edge here but not by much. Kido wise, they seem about equally skilled IMO. Byakuya has yet to show 90th level kido but other than that he has shown at least the same level of kido usage as kisuke. For kisuke to have a definite edge in kido he'd need at least to be capable of using 90th level kido without incantation. Anything less than that can be easily cancelled by danku at least. Shunpo wise, we have actually seen more from byakuya... kisuke was actually a member from the 2 squad but in turn byakuya learned directly from yoruichi... Hard to tell IMO. Main reason I think urahara has an edge over byakuya are his inventions (which have not shown to be anything fantastic other than the wrist thing though) and his shikai which is far more versatile than byakuya's. It'd be interesting if urahara's more elaborate shikai techniques could be blocked with danku though. Anyways, slight edge for urahara IMO.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

same as above we dont know uraharas bankai so avoiding that battle.

i like byaukya he such a all rounder it dangerous but urahara is above.

he is a dangerous swordsman n always has resolve to kill no matter who it is... n shikai has good ablilites mist shield, his red gt n the net ......but he has that cuff move he does that on byaukya by doing as we saw with aizen like byakuya slash him n that cuff attack will murder byakuya he be done.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that with bankai, Byakuya would take it (seeing as how urahara can only use shikai) in scenario 2. I doubt that Urahara has a speed advantage, and he would need it vs Byakuya's bankai.

Though in a clash of shikais, Urahara's versatility should provide him with the advantage. Also, I think Urahara has a slight Kido advantage as well. So scenario 1, Urahara.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Byakuya and Urahara pretty much have the same skills since they both trained with/under Yoruichi. Add what could be anywhere from 10-100 years more experience to Urahara's advantage, and he has the edge.

side note: About his performance against Aizen, Urahara admitted that his moves would not have worked on him if he wasn't high on his own arrogance.

Scenario 2. I would say Byakuya if it is a straight fight, without hax inventions.
    Last edited by Nicholas.Sama; July 12, 2010 at 08:59 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast