Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Is Mana the earl?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Mana the earl?

Have you read the DGM Reverse novel Lost Fragment of Snow? I draw on it (second chapter) in the long Mana = Earl theory post I linked you before. If you're interested in this theory, and if you like Allen and Mana as characters, I highly recommend reading about how the two of them came to know each other. I think it gives some big clues.
    Spoiler: LFOS Spoilers!!! show
    You can read the chapter here (among other places):
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

---------- Post added July 01, 2014 at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was June 13, 2014 at 09:07 AM ----------

Another addition to my long Mana = Earl theory post, that I completely forgot about adding sooner. Not much on its own, but interesting along with everything else imo:

Mana & the Earl both associate themselves with darkness???
    Spoiler: Mana in Allen's mind (in front of Eliade), 36 show

Spoiler: unstable Earl after hallucinating the 14th's voice, 187 show
    Last edited by kannazuki; July 01, 2014 at 04:58 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really torn on this theory: On one hand I'm leaning heavily towards Earl=Mana, on the other, not only was Mana's spirit directly destroyed by the Earl, but also in LFoS Mana and the Earl were in the same room. So I think they do have a relationship, but it's more convoluted than "Mana became the Earl and Neah didn't like that".

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    I'm really torn on this theory: On one hand I'm leaning heavily towards Earl=Mana, on the other, not only was Mana's spirit directly destroyed by the Earl, but also in LFoS Mana and the Earl were in the same room. So I think they do have a relationship, but it's more convoluted than "Mana became the Earl and Neah didn't like that".
    Did you read the earlier post I just updated (the one on page 8, which is linked in my post above)? I can't tell if you haven't read the responses to common refutations there (like Earl & Mana being in same place etc.) or if you just don't agree with them.

As for the Earl destroying Mana's soul, if you mean that happened by the Earl making an Akuma with Mana's soul, I don't think any souls get destroyed in this series unless an Akuma (or a Third Exorcist) gets destroyed by something other than Innocence as discussed here. If you mean that the Earl destroyed Mana's soul because they're the same person, then I suppose that's an interesting spin on the theory, but it's not compatible with the version of it I'm putting forward, because part of what I've got above is based on the Earl having Mana's memories and a fondness for his brother. Maybe you could explain more about that? More and different perspectives are always welcome in my book. Just to clarify where I stand, personally I do think the Earl's suppressing Mana's identity/soul, but I don't think it's gone.

It might surprise you guys to know I'm also open to the idea that they're not in Mana's body, even if Mana's soul is being used/rooted/housed in the same body as the Earl's. I am leaning toward it being Mana's body the Earl is using though, with a few red herrings in there to make it seem unlikely.
    Last edited by kannazuki; July 02, 2014 at 10:53 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a poll for this?
    One vote yes!

New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11