Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Mana the earl?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'The Hearts' Innocence True Ability

Hmmmm, maybe Mana is the Earl. It'd fit everything (IIRC).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    Hmmmm, maybe Mana is the Earl. It'd fit everything (IIRC).
    Nope, not everything
    At the begining of this manga, both Mana and the Earl were in the same place together with Allen.
    (There's a spetial thread for this subject)

[mod=riki]Moving these posts to the correct thread[/url]
    Last edited by riki; April 13, 2011 at 07:11 PM.

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Mana the earl?

Theory (kind of jumbling together of others ideas really). Due to the Early extreme age (7000) he must take "breaks" from being a Noah to rest his mind and abilities. During one of these rests he became a mane known as Mana Walker. Mana had a younger brother who he cared deeply about and when his Noah powers awakened, Neah feared he'd lose his brother forever. So they could stay together, Mana infused some of his Dark Matter into Neah with sorcery to make him "the 14th". But Neah grew hungry for more power and betrayed his brother. After defeating Neah, Mana, hurt emotionally to a great extent, cast of his human side to become completely Noah and can now assume his old body just a kind of disguise.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ruki92x's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

they look kinda alike,
    but if Earl was mana, allen wouldent be able to kill him allen loves him from his heart so :P

AHH we have to wait and see if he is Mana

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

the new manga is out.. and.. yes mana looks like the earl!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Void View Post
    the new manga is out.. and.. yes mana looks like the earl!
    yeah thats so true, ahh what if he is the earl and allen have to kill him T___T

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

even with the new chapter, i still can't completely agree with the theory. I was thinking that if Mana is the Earl, Cross would've known about it. If he did, this chapter would have been perfect to slip in a teaser or something regarding this matter, but there wasn't anything at all! We got teasers about Neah and a bit of Mana, but not of the Earl. Since i feel that this chapter had the perfect set up and no hint was included, i'm not going with this theory. Though, they do look highly similar....

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm if mana isnt earl
    cant then Mana be related to Earl maby, they look to alike that is to wierd,
    i HOPE we will find out soon who he is, if he is mana or not, i am waiting to find out cus he lookt like him a lot but ahhh i wanna knowww

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tick View Post
    That is one scary resemblance.... Almost gives away a connection, whatever it may be..

What I thought, if this hasn't been said alrady in this rather huge topic, Rhode knew the Earl for (if i remember corectly) 10+ years, actually think it was more like over 30+ years, or more right?

So that means the Earl's personallity has to have always been there if he was together with Allen (assuming Mana=Earl), wether he acted as Mana or not.
    But then the question arise, why was the Earl so surpriced about Allen a few times? Why does he question his existance? It was only when
    the Earl realiced Allen had the 14'th memories that he stoped to focus on "Allen" and more on the 14th.

Also it dosn't seem like the Earl to act when his transformed, rather, his "hiding" his feelings.
    Wether it gives him more power or not, his hiding behind the mask.

It dosnt add up... I have to re-read the whole thing, it's been years.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

um i read the novel translations , it seems like mana and earl have separate bodies as far as the novel goes
    hmm i wonder what this means , did they split , was there an illusion , i've seen earl use level 4 akuma to form his coat and weird face in the chapter he gets ready to attack the order

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe the earl is an illusion road created..? and thats why he looks like mana...or vice versa

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe the Earl can use any form he wants.
    Maybe he decided to use Mana's form to get better accepted by Neah, considering that Neah didn't want to stay with the Noah and missed his real brother.>> just a hyphotesis.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if someone already had said it, but:

Spoiler show

This is the sleeve of Mana's jacket (Chapter 135) and look at the buttons!!

Wasn't that the Noah's family crest? (Tyki had the same symbol under his shoe and the 14th's score also has it...)

I was wondering if Neah gave that jacket to Mana or owned it....
    But it also could mean that Mana was rather close to them (Road even knows what Neah said to Mana before he died)

Also, The manga makes it sound like Mana really WAS there when Neah died, I'm sure the Earl would have killed him (Road was there, how else could she have heard Neah saying the famous phrase to Mana?) unless! Mana is indeed the Earl himself.

So -sorry if this sound rubbish- I have a new idea:
    It could be that the Earl really hated his human side and made 'Mana', putting a part of his own -humanness contained- soul inside Mana.

This made it able for the Earl to kill Neah more easily and letting Mana live for this long.

Since Mana had an soul, he could be able to come back as the Akuma Allen had summoned.
    But a part of Mana also returned to the Earl, making the Earl feel a bit broken since he had killed Neah.....

Anyway, Allen is screwed!! Even if this didn't happen, he's in the middle of a really big mess that he doesn't/faintly know about (yet).... We don't even know it yet!
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dlanor_A.Knox View Post
    I don't know if someone already had said it, but:

Spoiler show

This is the sleeve of Mana's jacket (Chapter 135) and look at the buttons!!

Wasn't that the Noah's family crest? (Tyki had the same symbol under his shoe and the 14th's score also has it...)

I was wondering if Neah gave that jacket to Mana or owned it....
    But it also could mean that Mana was rather close to them (Road even knows what Neah said to Mana before he died)

Also, The manga makes it sound like Mana really WAS there when Neah died, I'm sure the Earl would have killed him (Road was there, how else could she have heard Neah saying the famous phrase to Mana?) unless! Mana is indeed the Earl himself.

So -sorry if this sound rubbish- I have a new idea:
    It could be that the Earl really hated his human side and made 'Mana', putting a part of his own -humanness contained- soul inside Mana.

This made it able for the Earl to kill Neah more easily and letting Mana live for this long.

Since Mana had an soul, he could be able to come back as the Akuma Allen had summoned.
    But a part of Mana also returned to the Earl, making the Earl feel a bit broken since he had killed Neah.....

Anyway, Allen is screwed!! Even if this didn't happen, he's in the middle of a really big mess that he doesn't/faintly know about (yet).... We don't even know it yet!
    Yeah, i saw this. And just make me think a little more of this teory! Maybe they're brothers?

But this jacket could be from another Noah (like Road or Tyki) because, if they're were protecting Allen (the host of 14) when he was a child, Mana was the only one who could be his 'protector' so, they have to help Mana too. But I don't know, seems a little out of sense o_O
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

They didn't know Allen was the host of the 14th back then XD
    In the Kanda Arc, the Earl said that they first thought Allen was the 'player' (or something) but that they were mistaken

Maybe it's the Earl's coat; "Sorry I killed you're little brother... Here, have a coat." XD
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

New Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast