Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Mana the earl?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Mana the earl?

@ca12nag3,

I dont understand the theory... what's that "projecting" thing? Can you explain it a little more?

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm to explain id have to go into much detail but ll do.

We all see Road creating/projecting items like the dicecube wich held Lenalee+Chaoji. The moving candles and a lot more. Inside her realm but also in the ark.
    Who says she cant do this in the outside world? There was never anything saying she couldnt.

For all we know she can also project/create living things.

What im actualy saying is that Road would be a puppeteer. That either this is a person controled by Road or a animated thing that isnt real.

But its a long shot ^^

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well we all hope for a couple more ansewrs or at least some leads.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well what im on about is some indiscrepancies. Road said and you can twist or turn it w/e way you want that shes the only one that hasnt reincarnated for 36 years so that makes her the only one.
    just a few pages before that Wisely explains how the noah tick a bit. 12 of m reincarnate to defend the earl. 13 in total

Before all this in the story we are told that after 1000s of years the earl came back (as in from the dead) And the innocence is there to defeat him or w/e (wont go in detail on that)

So its very much possible for the 14th or anyone else to kill him but keeping him dead is another matter. Same goes for all the others.

14th could have succeeded in killing the earl but failed to do a final blow or w/e

Also how Road has the same abilities as the earl and 14th isnt explained at all so thats a questionmarker for me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I always got the idea of the Earl coming back to fight not from death but from being defeated. This idea was confirmed after Wisely words.
    But, it's true that we actualy cant be sure...

Btw, i like a lot that idea of Road. But i wonder... if this is true we shouldnt actually have seen the Earl talking to Road alone, isnt it?
    Mmm... but i still like it.

OFF TOPIC: Ah! I hope the spoilers appear soon!! xD

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Earl hasnt died or has been defeated...Since he stated that "That guy" who used the innocence heart has been defeated by the 1st apostle, himself...

http://www.cloudmanga.com/D.Gray-Man/187/

And Wisely also states that the Earl continued living for 7000 years

http://www.cloudmanga.com/D.Gray-Man/187/

Thing that bothers me is that Wisely asked Road: " have the master looked like this for 35 years?"
    If the Earl has indeed be killed and the current one is indeed a projection from Road, then why did she gave him other looks?

Also.. If the Earl was killed, then who killed the 14th?

About Earl=Mana, I don't think so.
    We dont even know for sure if Mana and the Earl looks alike, ofcourse, Mana looks like the Earl in when he's in his clown costume, but that's only a costume + he wears a looot of make-up.
    Mana has long hair (not short like when he's a clown) and we never saw his face w/o make-up when we saw Allen's flashback of him and Mana(w/o costume).
    We also saw his long hair at the time when Cross told Allen about the 14th. (the pic of Mana and The 14th standing next to each other when they where kids)
    They have slaughtered millions of Teemos... Pentakill is coming!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

We only saw Mana with long hair once, in that flashback to when he was a child. All the pictures of him as an adult so far have shown him with short hair, so he must have cut it at some point.

I don't know if Mana is the Earl, but he and the Earl's human form look incredibly alike. Taking into account the variation in Hoshino's art style, I'd even say they look identical. It can't be a coincidence, whatever the explanation for it ends up being.

But it can be hard to see the similarities without seeing all of the pictures of Mana that have been in the manga. We have seen his face several times. In the Krory arc of the manga, we get a look at Mana's eyes and part of his face without make up. Likewise, in later chapters we get a full look at the side of his face.

So, I've put together an image gathering up pics of Mana, and one of the Earl, so that it's easy to compare them. For the Mana one, I've included two versions of one picture, because Hoshino re-drew it for the volumes and it looks a little different, and I've included one screencap of Mana from the anime. But be warned, these images are reasonably large.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Aracely; August 05, 2010 at 01:47 AM.

9. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah just remembered something.

Cross stated that Mana and the 14th where running away together after the 14th tried to kill the Earl.

http://www.cloudmanga.com/D.Gray-Man/167/15/

It could also be that not only the 14th was killed but also Mana and that the Mana Allen knows is indeed the Earl.
    Cross stated that Mana had "lost it" after the 14th's dead

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

how could mana be the earl when the earl was standing next to his grave and then making mana into an akuma?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Mana that Allen knows is actually the Earl and Allen summonned the real Mana.
    Than Mana could be the Earl and the Akuma at the same time.

Only thing what doesn't make sence is that Akuma!Mana knew Allen's name...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bellethiel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Mana is the Earl because of this whole "Mana-akuma" thing but I'm pretty sure they're connected.

Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3
    Its just realy complicated mainly because of the main issue here.

14th+Mana were brothers (fact)
    Earl+14th were realy close (fact)
    Earl calls his situation with 14th worse then Kanda+Almas (fact)
    Earl wants to join the 14th (fact) < prolly the weirdest off all the facts.
    http://static.bleachexile.com/manga/...man/189/14.png
    http://static.bleachexile.com/manga/...man/189/18.png

I think Mana and the Earl are brothers.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually thinking about opposites,through the manga we have seen that Allen is the opposite of the Earl wih his innosence and stuff ,right?
    I was thinking if they are 2 pieces from the same person seeking each othe loving(...or not) and hating the same time,like two pieces of a puzzle that can and cant be .....toghether.......So by saying that the Earl and the 14 were really close could also mean this,no?

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that The Earl and The Fourteenth were brothers...?
    Am I wrong?
    I think that I recall Allen saying something along the lines of "stop troubling everyone with your brotherly fights", referring to The Earl and The Fourteenth. Right around the time he exclaimed that he was Allen, and an Exorcist before anything else.

Did I misunderstand something?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

No, you do have a point
    Someone argued that all the Noah consider each other as brothers/sisters, but that's not entirely true. I don't recall anyone except the 14th who has referred to Earl as his 'brother'.. The other Noah seem to act like the Earl is the mother father/grandpa of the family

hrrm.. I'm still convinced Mana is the Earl >¦D
    And now Nea says that both Allen and the Earl are insane puppets/dolls 8D
    Well, can't argue on the Earl being mad as hell, and I wouldn't say Allen's completely sane either: http://www.mangareader.net/210-15173...hapter-82.html

And who is the one who's driven Allen all this time (pretty much like a puppet), and made him promise to "keep walking"? Allen IS pretty much Mana's puppet. Could the dog in chapter 166 be some kind of foreshadowing? o.O

Ah, found another thing Allen and Earl have in common!
    They both cannot/don't want to stand still (ADHD? *shot*) :
    http://www.mangareader.net/210-15151...hapter-60.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/210-38147...apter-188.html

As for Tyki looking like Nea, maybe he's a replacement found by Road in order to cheer the Earl up after the betrayal of the 14th? 8'D lol In that case, I feel sorry for poor Tyki-pon xD I don't really think so, but... well... who knows? (except God Hoshino)

yaay I found awesome Allen/Mana/14th/Earl fanart *shares* Someone else sees the vicious circle. I'm not alone 8D
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by relory; September 02, 2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typos

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

About Tyki's resemblence to the 14th, personally I think that Tyki might be the 14th's son. That would explain them looking alike. Or maybe Tyki could be Mana's (biological) kid. There are plenty of other possibilities, too. If the Order can grow artificial human bodies, then the Earl must surely be able to do that too, so maybe Tyki's a 14th clone or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    I thought that The Earl and The Fourteenth were brothers...?
    Am I wrong?
    I think that I recall Allen saying something along the lines of "stop troubling everyone with your brotherly fights", referring to The Earl and The Fourteenth. Right around the time he exclaimed that he was Allen, and an Exorcist before anything else.

Did I misunderstand something?
    Yes. Although it is still possible that the Earl and 14th could be brothers, the fact is that the whole Noah family refer to each other as siblings anyway, regardless of their real relation to each other. Also, if the 14th and the Earl are brothers in the traditional sense, then Allen could not possibly be aware of that fact at this point in the series, so he can't be calling them real brothers.

Remember back when the Earl first met Skinn Bolic? He called him his brother. And when the Earl welcomed Wisely back into the family, he called him his brother too. And when Kanda stole Road's hair tie, he complained about how her brother (Wisely) had broken his hair tie before. Etcetera. So instances of them being called brothers or sisters can't be taken as reliable indicators of whether they really are siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by relory View Post
    Someone argued that all the Noah consider each other as brothers/sisters, but that's not entirely true. I don't recall anyone except the 14th who has referred to Earl as his 'brother'.. The other Noah seem to act like the Earl is the mother father/grandpa of the family

yaay I found awesome Allen/Mana/14th/Earl fanart
    Spoiler show
    Nobody but the 14th has called the Earl his brother (well, literally he only used the word sibling, not brother, but same thing) but I don't think that makes much difference to the Noah family's considering each other their siblings. The Earl certainly calls all of them his brothers and sisters, even if the 14th is the only one who's calling him that in return.

I love that fan art! It's great.
    Last edited by Aracely; September 02, 2010 at 03:02 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast