Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Mana the earl?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Mana the earl?

I think you do have a point, ruinedshadows

In Continue, the Earl was an akuma who could "wear" other people's skin. Or rather, the Earl's skin was.. wearable? O_o Gahh! You hopefully have read it and know what I mean!! XD The Earl-form is like the one we've seen in DGM, when "Adam" wears the Earl-skin

In the one-shot, the Earl takes over the body of the protagonist's best friend in order to drag him out of his hiding place. Could it be that the Earl has taken Mana's body to make the 14th reveal himself?

Does anyone know, in the 3rd novel, when the Earl and Mana were together 'onscreen', did they look (almost) identical then? Or was it after Mana had died? X_x

I still cannot free myself from the thought that the Mana that Allen knew and the Earl that is now is somehow the same..
    Or maybe they're actually like Neah and Allen, two people in one?

I haven't given up completely yet I'll keep on walking~

(Edit)Almost off-topic:

Speaking of "keep walking", have you seen this AD for Johnnie Walker(the whisky brand)? Maybe the Earl/Mana is actually an Android? It just makes me think of the 'alchemist who travels time' so freaking much lol what the heck
    Last edited by relory; December 06, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse 3
    Mana starts to tell life story. HE IS SEVENTEEN HOMG. Apparently one day he just woke up and is this old looking figure (DUN). Brother and he chased down by Earl (DUN).
    So, basically, Mana just woke up as an adult. This DEFINITELY supports the "Mana/Earl split" theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse 3
    Starts beating Mana over and over again asking why doesn't he care his dog was killed by Cosimov why doesn't he bloody care? (Somewhere along the line there is glass shattering or something? Mana is an AKUMA? Whut? Cause Red's left arm seems to affect him with the effect of glass shards appearing?)
    Allen's Innocence affects Mana. So, either Mana's a Noah, or he's an Akuma. He can't be an Akuma because Allen turned him into one, so Mana is confirmed to be a Noah of some kind.
    Last edited by Jaymie; December 07, 2010 at 10:51 AM.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention it's now canon from the novel that Mana is absolutely skrewed up in the head and looks exactly at the Earl:

Spoiler show

*heart breaks seeing adorable kid-Allen T_T*

Try to imagine Allen's reaction when he sees the Earl's human form ;__;
    FUUUUUU-

Hoshino is a true master of tragedy ಥೆ__ಥೆ

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Meli-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello! I olways read the forum but i dont feel to write anything. But now i have a feeling a theory. What if Mana and the Earl really a same person
    "Mana starts to tell life story. HE IS SEVENTEEN HOMG. Apparently one day he just woke up and is this old looking figure"
    Maybe the 14.th and Mana fight how to become the Millenium earl and in the end Mana defeat the 14.th And somehow lost memorys maybe 14.th take them away or Mana can't take what he done and he just want to remember the time before everithing goes wrong whit hes brother. And forgot the bad part of hes life.
    If you dont have some part of your past you cant be a person how you are now i think. So he yust dont undetrstand whats happend and try to find answers.
    And then he find hes memories and become the Earl.
    And hat if when Allen try to take back Mana to life (if i think my teory its inpossible cause he is alife) the 14.th soul came back and whit the curse implanted the noah memorys.

OR
    Mana had the 1.st noah memorys and its widespread on him. So in the depp in hes heart he is a kind mana

Sorry everyone. I promise dont bother you again some weird theorys like this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

omgomgomomgomomgomg
    WHAT IF: 14th became Noah, but the Earl wanted/needed Mana dead. but the 14th said something like he won't join unless Mana lives and stays with him. SO. the earl finds a way to take on Mana's form/looks, so like, 'Mana' would still technically be with the Noah, but not the real Mana and the 14th would stay. except the 14th wanted the realy Mana, not just a look alike. so they ran away! to me, this works, because i can see the Earl not being able to completely grasp human attachment to one another, even though he himself is attached to the 14th. Idk why the 14th would need to kill the others (maybe to make the Earl feel pain of loss??) but i think this theory is with in the 'tragedy' frame that Hoshino has xD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My master theory is that the Earl cast away his human side to become more powerful (think of Naraku from Inuyasha), and Mana was that result. I think I'm going to stick to it now.

I don't think the "Earl copied Mana's looks" theory is valid any more, now that we know that Innocence affected Mana (so he's confirmed to be a Noah).

The person that Allen has to kill when he becomes the 14th is... Mana. And Cross knew that all along.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aracely's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely agree that Mana must be the person Allen's going to have to kill. By this point, there's nothing which outright says so, but there's just no way that that isn't how it is, given the circumstances. Cross' behaviour really makes that obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    My master theory is that the Earl cast away his human side to become more powerful (think of Naraku from Inuyasha), and Mana was that result. I think I'm going to stick to it now.

I don't think the "Earl copied Mana's looks" theory is valid any more, now that we know that Innocence affected Mana (so he's confirmed to be a Noah).
    Yeah, that theory with the Earl simply copying Mana probably doesn't fit too well any more, given that Mana's no ordinary human. Though it's possible Mana might not be a Noah. The person who wrote a summary even thought that Mana could possibly be an Akuma...though how that would work, I don't know. If the Earl himself is an advanced type of Akuma, then it's not strange for Mana to also be a type of Akuma (and a Noah too, maybe?), according to the split Earl-Mana theories.

But overall, the theory I'm tending towards is that the Earl and Mana are or were the same person, but were somehow split apart. Now, I can only speculate as to why and how, but personally my guess is that the 14th had something to do with it.

I think that the 14th might not be as plain evil as many people have assumed. I think his motivation for wanting to kill and replace the Earl might have something to do with his affection for Mana/the Earl. He was supportive towards the Earl's suffering in the flashbacks. I think he'd like to save him from what he's become. Maybe his aim is partly to do the Earl a favour by stopping him. So maybe he tried to split the part of the Earl that isn't an omnicidal maniac away from the rest, so that he could freely fight the Earl. Or something like that.

Or maybe the Mana we know was a side effect of the 14th's attempt to kill the Earl. He could have (as we know) failed in his attempt to kill him, but instead split part of the Earl away by accident. Then, it would make sense for him to take the split-off piece of the Earl with him when he went on the run, since the Mana we know of isn't exactly evil.

Quote Originally Posted by relory View Post
    Try to imagine Allen's reaction when he sees the Earl's human form ;__;
    FUUUUUU-
    It's going to be great! I'm looking forward to it so much.
    Last edited by Aracely; December 08, 2010 at 02:17 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member clamche's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mana could be an Akuma because the more they evolve the more they look human-like so it is possible for Mana to be level 5. The Earl and Noah once became second Adam and created humans but now are disappointed and want to erase all that and if they don't want to create new humans they will fill the world with akuma and rule over that.
    And it is possible that due to some reason Mana had died and the 14th turned him into an akuma and Mana remembers that he is his brother. It is possible.
    Or maybe the Earl. seeing how much the 14th loves and cares for his brother Mana more than his other "brother" - the Earl, the last one killed Mana and took over his body ( jealousy? ) in order to win the 14's attention and love?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clamche View Post
    Mana could be an Akuma because the more they evolve the more they look human-like so it is possible for Mana to be level 5. The Earl and Noah once became second Adam and created humans but now are disappointed and want to erase all that and if they don't want to create new humans they will fill the world with akuma and rule over that.
    And it is possible that due to some reason Mana had died and the 14th turned him into an akuma and Mana remembers that he is his brother. It is possible.
    Or maybe the Earl. seeing how much the 14th loves and cares for his brother Mana more than his other "brother" - the Earl, the last one killed Mana and took over his body ( jealousy? ) in order to win the 14's attention and love?
    That is possible, but there's a catch: is it possible to make an akuma from the same soul twice? if not, that doesn't explain how Allen was able to bring Mana back as an akuma. if it is possible, though it has never been stated/mention/hinted at, then the theory fits nicely =)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at Eliade. She's not a real person, just the persona of an Akuma. Her soul could've been a little boy or an old woman for all Krory knew, so it would've been impossible for him to bring her back to life even if he wanted to re-call her saved soul from God.

The same would be true for Allen and Mana. Allen wouldn't know Mana's soul's identity, so he wouldn't be able to bring him back to life. Mana, before Allen turned him into an akuma, was definitely human. And since Innocence affected Mana, who was a human, he had to be a Noah.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Look at Eliade. She's not a real person, just the persona of an Akuma. Her soul could've been a little boy or an old woman for all Krory knew, so it would've been impossible for him to bring her back to life even if he wanted to re-call her saved soul from God.

The same would be true for Allen and Mana. Allen wouldn't know Mana's soul's identity, so he wouldn't be able to bring him back to life. Mana, before Allen turned him into an akuma, was definitely human. And since Innocence affected Mana, who was a human, he had to be a Noah.
    Yeah... that kinda puts a lid on that question....
    But, doesn't this mean that both Mana and 14th are TWO extra non-original noah? that means....well, more plot =3

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'The Hearts' Innocence True Ability

Where is Mana's face shown?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dlanor_A.Knox's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Half of Mana's face (w/o make up) is shown in the anime/manga flash backs from Allen and in the 3rd Novel (Allen's story)

From the anime:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Dlanor_A.Knox; April 09, 2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Just be yourself, you're crazy enough

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Mana (and Allen) from the Reverse 3 novel:

Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tick's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like