Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 209

Thread: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    Quote Originally Posted by hyst-gundam View Post
    the stats should be updated as characters have got stronger but this is kubo a man who holds his cards to his chest n sometimes never shows them...im intrested to see if Godzen is included and is the beast he seems to be...altho some of the espadas stats could be strange espically Harribel
    I doubt characters have really gotten stronger at least outside of ichigo's crew. The captains should be the same as before, the vizards were never shown but should be of about the same strength as before.

  2. #17
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    im sure histu should have different stats same as tousen, rukia, uryu, chad, ichigo x2 or x3,ikkaku, rangiku coz they were ment to be training before the HM arc and during HM when ichigo was on the rampage...

    plus if histu stats not changed then it more WTF when he was all over harribel after release coz he struggled with luppi n harribel before release.

  3. #18
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    Quote Originally Posted by hyst-gundam View Post
    im sure histu should have different stats same as tousen, rukia, uryu, chad, ichigo x2 or x3,ikkaku, rangiku coz they were ment to be training before the HM arc and during HM when ichigo was on the rampage...

    plus if histu stats not changed then it more WTF when he was all over harribel after release coz he struggled with luppi n harribel before release.
    Against luppi hitsugaya did not use his weather control thing and super nevermelting ice though. He just used his generic restrained bankai abilities against the guy. On the other hand, he never did keep up with harribel in a physical confrontation and did bother to throw a chunk of the sky at her when he thought he could manage it.

    Only one who could have potentially different stats is ichigo and not by much.... He is the only one that has the innate ability to progress insanely fast in short periods of time. The rest of the characters have to stick to regular growth and most likely show a significant difference over the course of years.

  4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    Nice...Looking forward to this one...Stats on the vizards would be great...Who knows, there may even be stats for Ichigo...
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

  6. #20
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    I am not big fan of Databooks, nor do I use them as a reference. Still it'd be interesting to see what Kubo has to say about Visoreds. And possible some stats for hollowfied Ichigo.

  7. #21
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    Captain Shinji is on the cover so vizards stats are included

  8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hoenn Region
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    Yeah and Nnoitra's there too so we get Espada info. This had better be good. >_<

  10. #23
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    i wonder tho is kubo gona do seperate stats for Shinji n co...i.e when they not hollowfied and after they got masks....might end the debate that people on this forum that masks are for show only

  11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #24
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Astoria
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    What I'm wondering is how far will the book go with information. The SOULs book covered everything up till volume 20 (end of hypnosis) as shown in their chapters page (which also showed the name of the tankoban that contained the chapter). If they decide to cover another 20 volumes this book will cover everything up till the end of the last Ichigo/Ulquiorra battle. But if it goes up to volume 45 then it covers everything up till the end of the Yamamoto/Wonderweiss battle.

    But basically I hope it covers all of the Espada since they all been shown and have all been beaten in battle (with the exception of Grimjoww whose status is unknown and Yammy who still currently fighting Byakuya and Kenpachi all of the others have been killed). I also hope the book reveals what class of Menos the Espada were before they became they became Arrancar (the only two we know about is Aaroniero who was a Gillian and Grimmjow who was an Adjuchas). And to possibly explain any differences between Tosen becoming an Vizard (aside from being given powers by the Hogyoku).

  13. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    Where's the link for the cover picture?

    Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I am not big fan of Databooks, nor do I use them as a reference.
    Even though they're made by the creator of the actual series?

  14. #26
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook


  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #27
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    6,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharaku View Post
    What I'm wondering is how far will the book go with information. The SOULs book covered everything up till volume 20 (end of hypnosis) as shown in their chapters page (which also showed the name of the tankoban that contained the chapter). If they decide to cover another 20 volumes this book will cover everything up till the end of the last Ichigo/Ulquiorra battle. But if it goes up to volume 45 then it covers everything up till the end of the Yamamoto/Wonderweiss battle.

    But basically I hope it covers all of the Espada since they all been shown and have all been beaten in battle (with the exception of Grimjoww whose status is unknown and Yammy who still currently fighting Byakuya and Kenpachi all of the others have been killed). I also hope the book reveals what class of Menos the Espada were before they became they became Arrancar (the only two we know about is Aaroniero who was a Gillian and Grimmjow who was an Adjuchas). And to possibly explain any differences between Tosen becoming an Vizard (aside from being given powers by the Hogyoku).
    I agree. I am not expecting or really even hoping for stats for characters. The last databook had stats only for the captains, which were primarily used for characterization purposes and not necessarily for scaling, which I believe that Kubo said something to that effect in one of his past statements. Unlike some other manga series, the characters in this manga are such a wide variety of species with varying abilities and factors that they can't all be reduced to a general set of statistics without oversimplification.

    The main benefits of this databook will be the background information that is sure to come. We will likely learn a lot more about the past of Soul Society that was summarily showcased in the TBTP gaiden. We might get background on Hueco Mundo and the Espada, the information for which I am particularly interested are the Espada members who did not receive back stories.

  17. #28
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    Wonder if the databook go into detail regarding the abilities of characters. That would be extremely useful in this forum. I remember the last databook went into some detail regarding certain elements of the story which weren't altogether crucial but yet relevant. It elaborated a bit about nobles, the king, and a number of other things... unfortunately it never got properly translated and I am reasonably sure we missed out on quite a bit of info. I hope that does not happen this time around.

  18. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    Quote Originally Posted by hyst-gundam View Post
    i wonder tho is kubo gona do seperate stats for Shinji n co...i.e when they not hollowfied and after they got masks....might end the debate that people on this forum that masks are for show only
    Nah, event that wouldn't end the "debate" - which really isn't much of a debate, just people dismissing hollowfication as being insignificant for no apparent reason. They'll just say that the statbooks are BS or whatever.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; July 23, 2010 at 12:58 PM.

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Masked ~ 2nd Databook

    If the mask didn't do anything why would Kubo give it to them. They would just be unnecessary gimmicks.

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts