Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Who would win?

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Who would win?

    Eva V Albireo

    Takamichi V Kurt

    Asuna V Chachamaru

    Kaede V Ku Fei

    These are my lineups. Who do you think would win and why?

  2. #2
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LoneWolfx03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Do you want to know?
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Eva V Albireo

    Takamichi V Kurt

    Asuna V Chachamaru

    Kaede V Ku Fei

    These are my lineups. Who do you think would win and why?
    I'd say Takahata because Kurt can't slice him just like negi because he's not a demon. Chachamaru because she has more experiences than Asuna (Asuna is always been kidnapped...2 times to be precise). Kaede because she has weapons ;p

  3. #3
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ceipheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Panama
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    Eva vs Albireo -> Eva.
    Al may be strong and all, but, psychological warfare aside, I doubt he is nowhere near as strong as Eva, being a Shinsou and what not.

    Takamichi vs Kurt -> Takamichi.
    Takamichi uses Kanka, which IS called the Ultima Art. Shinmeiryuu might be strong, but I guess it isn't the Ultima Art.

    Asuna vs Chachamaru -> Asuna
    Tough call. like LoneWolf said, Asuna is rather inexperienced (not that Chachamaru is much more experienced either), but she CAN use Kanka, which I suppose would give Asuna the overwhelming advantage.

    Kaede vs Ku Fei -> Ku Fei.
    I put my money on the 4000 years of Chinese history, hehehe. this one is a really tough call. since there has never been a rather serious showdown between the two, Im forced to make a call based on who they've both fought: Tatsumiya. While Kaede managed a standstill, Ku Fei did managed to beat her, tho we can't tell just how serious Tatsumiya was in her match with Ku Fei compared to the one with kaede.

  4. #4
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LoneWolfx03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Do you want to know?
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfx03 View Post
    I'd say Takahata because Kurt can't slice him just like negi because he's not a demon. Chachamaru because she has more experiences than Asuna (Asuna is always been kidnapped...2 times to be precise). Kaede because she has weapons ;p
    Oops! I almost forgot about Eva VS Al

    I'd say Al because... he made Eva go to INSANE MODE!!! ;p

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    So on that basis, Eva would lose to Takamichi because her Magica Erebia is incomplete whilst Takamichis Kanka is complete? Can't buy that tbh. Good lineup though.

    Al's gravity magic is more useful than it looks - make things incredibly heavy or light, make things 0 weight, float or sink. He did take out Dynamis too, that puts him at a higher tier. I think Al could beat Eva too.

    Would you say Eishun is the weaker member of Ala Rubra consisting of Al, Nagi, Jack, Albireo and Gateau (not mentioning his lackeys)?

    Ku has a weapon too (a huge one too) - she barely beat someone who sniped with coins and just stood there most the time. Kaede and Ku Fei has improved massively though.

  6. #6
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ceipheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Panama
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    @Bowser

    you're right; they way i put it did make it sound it was all about the techniques and not the fighters.

    regarding the takahata vs kurt fight, I gave my vote to takahata because, even when both of them are quite experienced (even if kurt is a genius, takahata has all that experience with Austro-Africus Aetemalls), I believe that him with Kanka could top Kurt's Shinmeiryuu. the whole "difference in the battles they have lived through" thing, as Chao once put it.

    regarding Al's magic, please correct me if I'm wrong, but all info weve got about it are conjectures. I personally don't remember anyone actually describing what sort of magic it was.

    uhh, I dont know how Eishun would Rank in Ala Rubra. I believe that a fight between Gateau and him would end with Gateau's victory, but I digress. Also, you forgot to mention Zect ^^.

    as for Tatsumiya... you make it sound like sniping coins was nothing. this is a universe where martial artists have lightning-fast reflexes and ridiculous strength, right? well, in that universe, some1 managed to shoot coins at a speed where Ku Fei barely had time to counter. I don't believe that could be such an easy feat you could just disregard. sure, Tatsumiya barely moved at all, but that could also come to show how much of an advantage she held during the fight.

    then again... tatsumiya did lose on purpose, but we don't know how serious Ku Fei was either.

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    Al said it himself...Gravity and healing magic.

    Theres not a lot about Zect though. For me, I'd rank him possibly 3rd but there's not a lot of evidence I can provide for that one...

    Ku Fei before and after entering Magic World is a big difference you know. One hit from coins, bang, another 10 hits you everywhere. Ku barely won that one, I think Ku pretty much tried her best. It would be interesting to pit Tatsumiya against someone like Takamichi or Negi. She would probably lose against Al no doubts but she could be pretty high tier in Negima.

    Tatsumiya V Negi/Takamichi, with all her guns.

  8. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    - Eva V Albireo: Tie. This fight could go either way. Both Eva and Albireo have been stated to be on par with each other.

    - Takamichi V Kurt: Kurt. Kurt's feats are much greater than anything Takamichi has shown and Takamichi has also admitted that his abilities are inferior to other members of Ala Rubra, which Kurt was once a member of.

    - Asuna V Chachamaru: Asuna. Chachamaru has a limited stamina and while Asuna's Magic Cancel won't work against any of Chachamaru's attacks, she should have no problems tanking anything Chachamaru throws at her.

    - Kaede V Ku Fei: Kaede. Kaede has been stated and shown to be stronger than Ku Fei ever since the Kyoto Arc.

  9. #9
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    Eva vs Al:
    Nagi was the first one to defeat Eva after centuries and honestly i don't think that Al is direct combat type of mage.. he strikes me more like back-up/power-up type... and according to what was said Eva (and her kind) along with that big-ass ancient dragon thingy are about the strongest thing in existence... and Rakan fought that dragon to stand-still and given that Rakan is about the same level as Nagi.. and Al being below them.. i don't see how he could possibly beat her =) even using his artifact wouldn't get him far... as it's limited time-wise

    Takamichi vs Kurt:
    If I'm not mistaken Eva said Takamichi can do better than Gattou could... so i would say he's stronger than him, and even if Kurt is prodigy or something... he's still politician ... and Takamichi is still active... so i'd say it's safe to say that Kurt would get his ass kicked

    Asuna vs Chachamaru:
    i'd bet on Chachamaru - but that would probably make me lose my money - she's powered by magic and Asuna has magic cancel... so teorethicaly it would take one swing with Hama no Tsurugi...

    Kaede vs Ku Fei:
    honestly i think Kaede would win, while Ku Fei is still getting stronger, Kaede simply has more experience with qi-based attacks...

  10. #10
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ceipheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Panama
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Al said it himself...Gravity and healing magic.
    Oh? I cant seem to remember that. mind getting me a link, please?

    @Franckie, now THAT'S something Ive definitely never read. where did they state that Eva was on the same level as Al?

    @deSolAxe, u gotta remember Chachamaru is a mix of magic and science, so I believe it wouldnt be as simple as that

  11. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    Gravity magic:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/111/15/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/163/10/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/232/12/ (he beats Dynamis as well)

    Healing:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/233/03/
    Al also heals Ku Fei's broken arm sometime around the Festival Arc, but I can't remember the page.

    Gravity Magic is pretty damn useful if you just even think from a scientific point of view.

  12. #12
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ceipheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Panama
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    ok, I didn't remember that page in chapter 163. its just that every mention of Al's magic being gravitational type i remembered were from third parties (ch111), didn't remember he saying so himself.

    and sure, I bet having gravitational magic must be pretty cool from any point of view

    and yeah, I know he beat Dynamis, but I don't think that's a good measuring stick. just because Fate is really strong doesnt mean the rest of the party is just as strong, the same way Nagi is haxxorz but the rest of Ala Rubra (Rakan aside) isnt. I just never thot of Dynamis as a really strong guy (when u compare him with Rakan, Fate or nagi, that is).

    be that as it may, deSolAxe did make a good point: the fact that Hi-Daylight Walkers [sticking with the spelling used by Akamatsu] are pretty much God-Tier. tho at first they mention the whole Hi-Daylight Walker kind, Chamo does mention Eva herself as the measuring stick in the next bubble.

    if we go by that, then Eva=Nagi=Rakan>>Al

  13. #13
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LoneWolfx03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Do you want to know?
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceipheed View Post
    ok, I didn't remember that page in chapter 163. its just that every mention of Al's magic being gravitational type i remembered were from third parties (ch111), didn't remember he saying so himself.

    and sure, I bet having gravitational magic must be pretty cool from any point of view

    and yeah, I know he beat Dynamis, but I don't think that's a good measuring stick. just because Fate is really strong doesnt mean the rest of the party is just as strong, the same way Nagi is haxxorz but the rest of Ala Rubra (Rakan aside) isnt. I just never thot of Dynamis as a really strong guy (when u compare him with Rakan, Fate or nagi, that is).

    be that as it may, deSolAxe did make a good point: the fact that Hi-Daylight Walkers [sticking with the spelling used by Akamatsu] are pretty much God-Tier. tho at first they mention the whole Hi-Daylight Walker kind, Chamo does mention Eva herself as the measuring stick in the next bubble.

    if we go by that, then Eva=Nagi=Rakan>>Al
    You do got a point there but we haven't seen them fighting each other though..let's see, Al has the upperhand because of his gravity spell. So, I'd say Al can beat Eva but he can't beat Nagi and Rakan. Because, Nagi is the most powerful of them all and Rakan can beat him with just one blow. If it comes with Evangeline, she can do Ice based Magic and Can't do healing magic (Al can do healing). When it comes to fighting his gravity spells, Eva doesn't have speed like Kotarou or Kaede (even though Kaede lost). She just fly, that's why it is a disadvantage. She can't do shundo. She can teleport through Dark magic but Al can still hit her because he can sense where she is like the time when he battled Kotarou (using Bunshin) in the Bokudai. But when it comes to Life and Death Battle, Eva will win because she's a vampire, she can't die.
    Last edited by LoneWolfx03; July 19, 2010 at 03:01 AM.

  14. #14
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    @LoneWolfx03:
    If it's about shundo...
    How'd you get that she can't?
    When you look at
    http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/97/03/
    It indicates it's such basic move you'd be ashamed if you can't do it...
    and if this isn't enough...
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/208/01/
    The scroll Eva is probably modeled after real one...
    and you can see in this chapter that she can do shundo =)
    As for healing... as you said she's vampire she regenerates... which looks lot faster - she got pierced by stone-spike by Fate and it didn't even slow her down =)
    and Al's healing doesn't seem that fast when you look at
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/233/05/

    @Ceipheed: she is combination of science and magic, but that "magic" part refers mainly to her power source (magic jets and so on) so i would say even if cuting the magic wouldn't disable her, it would cripple her

    btw: are there going to be another match suggestions? =)
    it might be fun :PP

  15. #15
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LoneWolfx03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Do you want to know?
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who would win?

    Quote Originally Posted by deSolAxe View Post
    @LoneWolfx03:
    If it's about shundo...
    How'd you get that she can't?
    When you look at
    http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/97/03/
    It indicates it's such basic move you'd be ashamed if you can't do it...
    and if this isn't enough...
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/208/01/
    The scroll Eva is probably modeled after real one...
    and you can see in this chapter that she can do shundo =)
    As for healing... as you said she's vampire she regenerates... which looks lot faster - she got pierced by stone-spike by Fate and it didn't even slow her down =)
    and Al's healing doesn't seem that fast when you look at
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/233/05/

    @Ceipheed: she is combination of science and magic, but that "magic" part refers mainly to her power source (magic jets and so on) so i would say even if cuting the magic wouldn't disable her, it would cripple her

    btw: are there going to be another match suggestions? =)
    it might be fun :PP
    umm.. when you read the "Note" in chapter 233-05, Al was worn out because he participated on the battle between cosmo entelecheia and healed Nagi first than Eishun. That's why he can't heal faster. It is natural for someone who gets tired from a hard work. You can recall that he healed Kuu Fei during the Bokudai with a wave of his finger. http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/116/05/ plus, on chapter 208-01, Eva did not do shundo. After she executes her Ice spears, she just flew and hid behind one of the spears so that she will make a counterattack to Negi. Just look at page 2 and you will see Eva's shadow behind an ice spear (believe me, I have Negima! Volume 23). Shundo is a move that you can execute for one place to another "on land". Shundo does not count when Eva dove from air to land. Negi can't do Shundo on air. He used Empty Air Space Movement/Space Fissure Movement, A Teleportation Spell (Negima! Vol. 20). http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/181/02/ and 03.

    You're right! We'll keep argue and argue on the same topic until someone must post another match...haha. Oh! and I'm not mad and I'm not on a debate team either. I'm just sharing on what I saw and observed. Don't take it too lightly deSolAxe.
    Last edited by LoneWolfx03; July 19, 2010 at 09:38 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts