Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)

Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)

Plot Summary: Ryner Lute is a lazy student of Roland Empire Royal Magician's school. One day, Roland Empire goes to war against a neighboring country Estaboole, and he lost his classmates in the battle. After the war, Lute sets out for a journey to search the relics of a "Legendary Hero" at Emperor Zion Astar's command. And he finds out a deadly curse spreading the continent.

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy

Number of episodes: 26

Opening Theme:
    "LAMENT ~Yagate Yorokobi wo~ (LAMENT ~やがて喜びを~)" by Aira Yuki

Ending Theme:
    "Truth Of My Destiny" by Ceui

Japanese staff

Quote Quote:
    Animation Production: ZEXCS
    Director: Itsuro Kawasaki
    Series Composition: Kiyoko Yoshimura
    Music: Miyu Nakamura
    Original creator: Takaya Kagami
    Original Character Design: Saori Toyota
    Character Design: Noriko Shimazawa
    Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
    Producer:
    Hyun Ah Jeong
    Tomoko Iwasaki
    Yoshiyuki Ito
    Japanese cast

Quote Quote:
    Ayahi Takagaki as Feris Eris
    Daisuke Ono as Sion Astarl
    Jun Fukuyama as Ryner Lute

Atsushi Imaruoka as Kurau Chrome
    Ayana Taketatsu as Ethrina Forkle
    Fuyuka Oura as Kifa Knowles
    Junichi Suwabe as Milan Froward
    Mikako Takahashi as Noah En
    Miyuki Sawashiro as Carne Kywell
    Nobuhiko Okamoto as Lilay Wrinkle
    Saki Fujita as Milk Colored
    Satoshi Hino as Luke Stockart
    Tomokazu Sugita as Lucille Eris
    Tomosa Murata as Iris Eris
    Yasunori Masutani as Rachel Miller

Episode 2

While episode 1 did make me laugh a few times, it wasn’t enough to completely captivate my interest or curiosity about this series. However, after reading some comments about how good of an episode the second one had been I decided to go ahead and watch episode 2. And to be fair, sometimes watching just one episode is not enough to decide whether you should drop a series or no. And wow, I’m very glad I decided to watch episode 2 because it was amazing!! Not only was episode 2 better than episode 1, but it also did a great job revealing important information about the main characters, specifically about Feris, Sion and Ryner.

When I watched episode 1 I couldn’t help but be reminded of Berserk and episode 2 made it very clear why, it was because of Sion. Sion is very similar to Griffith from Berserk, to the point to which it makes me wonder if the author of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes is a big fan of Berserk.

Episode 2 started incredibly poignant (poor Sion…it was so painful to watch all that he had to go through at such a young age) and ended incredibly suspenseful. I can’t wait to watch episode 3 and judging by the end of episode 1…I’m expecting for episode 3 to be an extremely emotional one.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 16, 2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)

Thanks for making the thread/was thinking of making one myself.

I saw the raw for episode three yesterday. The show continues from the last episode.

Spoiler: Episode 3 show

There is a wiki page that has some character info and a bit more stuff (from the novles) than the anime episodes revealed thus far. So read it with caution, or don't if you don't want to be spoiled.
    There is major spoiler about characters / events.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you judge this series solely based on its name (which, let’s just say it could have been better…) or just on the first episode and therefore decide not to watch it, you will be missing out on a series that has great potential of becoming one of the best of this season, at least in my humble opinion.

Episode 3

What a way to start this episode! In episode 2, we got to see just a glimpse of Ferris’ brother and to be honest I didn’t pay much attention to him; but oh boy was it different this time around. Lucille commanded my whole attention as soon as he appeared in episode 3. The calm, swift and cold way in which he killed Broph and his conversation with Ferris revealed that behind that serene exterior lies a powerful, astute and intriguing man.

While episode 2 made it clear why episode 1 had reminded me of Berserk; episode 3 made it very clear why episode 1 had reminded of Code Geass as well; it was because of Ryner. Ryner has a lot of similarities with Lelouch from Code Geass. Not only they both have the same seiyuu, but they both have amazing eye powers and they both have alter egos. It was cool how when Ryner’s Alpha Stigma activated he sounded just like Zero.

When it was mentioned in episode 2 that Ryner was known as the black haired demon/monster, I had the same reaction as Sion when he watched Ryner sleeping in the library: “Ryner…a demon? No…it can’t be…maybe he is called that way because he is crazily powerful….” The fact that I was in a bit of denial about Ryner's dark side allowed me to enjoy the moment when said dark side appeared even more because it truly surprised me, I wasn’t expecting for it to be…so evil and lethal. I now understand why Ryner said in episode 1 that he hated himself…

Another important thing that is worth mentioning about Alpha Stigma (Ryner’s evil alter ego) is the fact that his control over Ryner seems to diminish if he attempts to hurt people that Ryner cares about (like when he tried to hurt Sion and Kiefer).

As it was hinted in episode 2, the spy was Kiefer. She betrayed her friends (especially Sion since the goal of her betrayal was Sion’s assassination) because she was trying to protect her younger sister; however, the only thing Kiefer's betrayal accomplished was the deaths of innocent people (her friends) since her sister had died long ago.

The scenes between Kiefer and Ryner as he was getting imprisoned and she was getting released were great. Ryner assuring Kiefer that she wasn’t a monster but a human and then Kiefer assuring Ryner that he wasn’t a monster with a kiss and by explaining the reasons why she had fallen for him; she was in love with him because he was kind and strong. That scene was so meaningful and romantic~

When I saw the scene when Sion was welcomed as a war hero, I thought for a second, “Oh no…please tell me he is not going to betray Ryner and let him rot in jail…” So you can imagine how relieved I was when I saw Sion visiting Ryner and willing to sacrifice even himself in order to help Ryner escape from jail.

In the end, Ryner turned down Sion’s offer and decided to stay in jail where he can take afternoon naps as much as he wants and where he has three meals a day. On the surface it might seem as if Ryner said that because he is a lazy guy who only cares about napping, but if you look beneath the surface you will realize that the real reason why he decided to stay in jail was for Sion’s sake and because he already has a plan in mind, a plan for which he needs plenty of time.

I so can’t wait to watch episode 4!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-San View Post
    Thanks for making the thread/was thinking of making one myself.
    You’re welcome.
    Thank you for mentioning this series in the “What anime are you watching and next on your list?” thread, it was because you mentioned this series that I decided to watch it since I kind of forgot about it. Arigato!

Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    There is a wiki page that has some character info and a bit more stuff (from the novles) than the anime episodes revealed thus far. So read it with caution, or don't if you don't want to be spoiled.
    There is major spoiler about characters / events.
    *must be strong* *must resist temptation to click on link* *won't allow wiki to spoil another series for me*

Since I’m enjoying this series so much, I will try my best to keep myself as far away from spoilers and wiki as possible. But thank you for the info. ^_^
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 29, 2010 at 05:37 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I posted this in the anime preview thread. ^^;

I forgot to mention this the other day. There was some trailers for this from a while back.

Might be a little redundant because the show started, but this one is interesting. Might be slight spoiler near the end. Although it shows some scenes from the battle of the first ep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jpyn...eature=related

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s the trailer with subs:
    Denyuden - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - PV2 – subbed
    That trailer just turned me into a Ferris x Ryner fan!!! And I really hope I’m wrong but Sion’s expression near the end of the trailer gave me the feeling that he will become even more similar to Griffith than I would like him to…in other words…
    Spoiler show

Btw, here’s a scan about TLOTLH, unfortunately I don’t know how to read kanji so I have no clue what it says, but on the bright side, Ryner looks awesome.

Thanks to Angrypokstick for the link and the scan!
    Denyuden - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 18, 2010 at 08:10 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i read posts .. i will download it for try it .. i hope it will fun and interesting since i am big of fan
    war anime..

how long to run as Standard 13esp or 25 esp?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    i read posts .. i will download it for try it
    I’m glad to hear you are going to give Densetsu a try, raptor02_2001. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying it. ^_^

Quote Quote:
    .. i hope it will fun and interesting since i am big of fan
    war anime..
    Episode 1 is not super interesting but episode 2 and 3…they are great!!

Quote Quote:
    how long to run as Standard 13esp or 25 esp?
    According to ANN and MAL the number of episodes for this series is 26.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting series, I like it and will continue to watch it. I like the animation and character designs. Episode 3 was quite epic when Ryner went berserk.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I finally got to watching it and at first I was put off by the name of the title. The first episode wasn't all that great but I think most first episode are like that. However, the second and third episodes were really entertaining. I like how we got to see some back story to the main character and why he is the way he is.

My favorite part so far is Ryner just becoming a monster and destroying the knights. Just plain awesome!!!
    Also a big fan of Ferris and her fascination for dango.

Definitely will continue watching the anime. Thanks Destiny for the recommendation.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Interesting series, I like it and will continue to watch it.
    I’m glad you liked the series and that you’ll continue to watch it. I hope you also continue to post in this thread. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Episode 3 was quite epic when Ryner went berserk.
    Quote Originally Posted by After_Image View Post
    My favorite part so far is Ryner just becoming a monster and destroying the knights. Just plain awesome!!!
    That was a very powerful moment in episode 3 I agree.

Quote Quote:
    Also a big fan of Ferris and her fascination for dango.
    Ferris is great!! I like her very much and her love for dango is very cute! She will be the perfect singer for this song, IMO. Dango ~ Dango ~ Dango no Kazoku ~ ♪

Quote Quote:
    Definitely will continue watching the anime. Thanks Destiny for the recommendation.
    You’re very welcome AI. I’m glad to hear you will continue watching this series and I hope you also continue visiting this thread.

I checked some preview pics from episode 4 and it seems like episode 4
    Spoiler show

Episode 4
    Even though this episode didn’t have as much action as episode 3, it was another great and interesting episode! This series is rapidly turning into my favorite one of this summer season.

Spoiler show

I can’t wait to watch episode 5!!!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 29, 2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I was somewhat bored in certain parts of episode 4. Maybe because I was expecting more from the previous episodes.

Spoiler: Episode 4 show

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-San View Post
    I was somewhat bored in certain parts of episode 4. Maybe because I was expecting more from the previous episodes.
    Yes, I do think it has to do with the expectations you have before watching an episode. I actually enjoyed this episode because I was expecting for this episode to be a calmer, more plot and less action kind of episode.

Spoiler: Episode 4 show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with destiny this episode was good because it gave us more plot and is shaping the story along.
    Spoiler show

Overall the series is getting better with each episode and I can't wait for the next one.
    Last edited by After_Image; July 23, 2010 at 08:13 PM. Reason: meant episode not chapter

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by After_Image View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 23, 2010 at 08:12 PM.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

@Destiny

Yeah I meant special as in magical. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
    Spoiler: 4 show

New Reply
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast