Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)

Why are we using spoiler tags .

Just watched Episode 4. I really liked it. No action but Ryner made it up for it. He is an interesting character along with Ferris. I am sure the series will pick the pace from next episode.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-San View Post
    @Destiny
    Yeah I meant special as in magical.
    Mmm…that sounds like a very interesting theory. Even though Ryner didn’t perceive any magic on Feris when he used his special eyes during the Ryner vs. Feris fight, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Feris’ sword doesn’t have any magical powers…maybe it’s a different kind of magic…I can’t wait to know more about the Eris family.

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Why are we using spoiler tags .
    Since we were talking about the series on the very same day the subs for episode 4 came out, I was using spoilers tags so that people who hadn’t watched the episode yet wouldn't be spoiled by the comments made in this thread.

Quote Quote:
    I am sure the series will pick the pace from next episode.
    I’m actually still a bit undecided regarding what to expect in episode 5…I don’t know if we’ll have more action than in episode 4 or if we’ll have the same more-plot-less-action kind of deal in episode 5.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Mmm…that sounds like a very interesting theory. Even though Ryner didn’t perceive any magic on Feris when he used his special eyes during the Ryner vs. Feris fight, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Feris’ sword doesn’t have any magical powers…maybe it’s a different kind of magic…I can’t wait to know more about the Eris family.
    I figured it to be magical because It was used to stop Ryners attacks. Which was interesting. I think Ryner said he was about 70% during the match, which should be enough to defeat most people imho.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Charlie: Ahhh. I think Feris was able to stop Ryner’s attacks because she is an amazing and very skillful swordswoman and because Ryner was going easy on her, as Feris herself acknowledged it later. Ryner wasn’t fighting for real; he just wanted to escape. However, he did underestimate Feris and it wasn't until later during the fight that he realized that even when he wasn’t fighting for real, Feris - on the other hand - was taking the fight very seriously.

The reason why I think Feris' sword can be special/magical is because the Eris family is a renowned sword clan who is in charge of guarding the Roland royal family, so maybe Feris' sword is a sword with a long history that has been passed down from generation to generation while at the same time acquiring some kind of special powers over the years.

Thanks to larethian for the translation and for the info!!

larethian:

Quote Quote:
    Just got my latest issue of Dragon Magazine (2010 issue 9) and it features Denyuden =). (Disclaimer: I'm not really good at translating. Apologies if the sentence structure appears unnatural in English)

Sion: So it seems that the anime has started, Ryner, Ferris, what are your thoughts on it?
    Ferris: Hmm. In the opening, there's a scene with a lecher with bloodshot eyes taking aim at girls.
    Ryner: ......Lecher? Don't tell me you're referring to me?
    Ferris: Is there anyone else? And the next frame shows Ryner Lute snatching off panties from a clothesline with the speed of light.
    Ryner: Isn't that just me using magic?
    Sion: As expected of Ryner, making quick work of the panties.
    Ryner: As I was saying, what the heck are you guys talking about?
    Ferris: "Please don't... I beg of you... Please don't steal my panties", it's that scene.
    Sion: Hehehe, our king of perverts is stealing the whole world's panties, it's that scene.
    Ryner: ......Err, do you guys really hate to be in the same room with me so much? Well, if you guys keep on in this manner, I might as well take an afternoon nap...... Kyaaaaaa!?
    Ferris: But I definitely cannot forgive such a pervert, ah it's the frame with the angelic beauty Ferris-chan.
    Sion: Yo. I've been waiting for it.
    Ryner: ......Seriously I feel like nobody is properly introducing the anime itself......Well, so be it.
    Ferris: "Yaaa, the truth is I was a real pervert ♥", it's that scene.
    Sion: Eh? Me too?
    Ryner: Woah, well done well done Ferris. You've done this morose rascal a good finishing blow.
    Sion: Well, fine. Then...... ok. Yeah that's right. I'm a pervert. C'mon everyone, send me your panties.
    Ryner: "Is that really so? If Your Majesty wishes it, please have mine" BY Froaude frame.
    Sion: Eh? Was that such a scene?
    Ferris: "Take mine as well. Please mine too. It's also ok to take mine next" BY Claugh, Calne, Miller frame.
    Sion: ......I didn't expect it to be such an anime......having said that let's return to the topic, it's about time, shall we get serious about doing the commentary?
    Ryner: Isn't it a bit late now?
    Ferris: I've been very serious right from the start.
    Ryner: It's because of that kind of "seriousness" from you, that's why it has become so bothersome...... ah, here comes Milk.
    Ferris: It's that casual girl whom you've dumped in the past.
    Ryner: Huh? You said the same thing in the anime.
    Ferris: That's because it's the truth.
    Ryner: Errrr......
    Ryner: Anyway, I'm feeling pretty sleepy right now.
    Ferris: This is not the time for that, Ryner! A very important scene is coming up!
    Ryner: What important scene?
    Ferris: It's Sion assualting a young man.
    Ryner: Yeah, you are right.
    Sion: Oi oi, if you are just looking at this segment, it might appear that way but...
    Ferris: Although you say that, Shion Ahotaare(*) is being beaten up by the police.
    Ryner: The Legend of the Legendary Heroes, The END.
    Sion: What gave you guys the right to end it like that?
    Ryner: I'm sleepy.
    Ferris: I'm bored.
    Sion: Wha? Do it properly.
    Ryner: Well, I'll go ahead then.
    Ferris: I'm heading to the dango shop then.
    Sion: Hey hey, Ferris. I have already prepared some dango here.
    Ferris: What!
    Ryner: Is it ok for me to have some?
    Ferris: Munch munch munch.
    Ryner: Gobble gobble gobble.
    Sion: What should we do with a commentary with only dango eating noises?
    Ferris: Munch munch?
    Sion: I don't know what's going on anymore. Hey, Ryner, don't fall asleep while eating! Just a little bit more and we are almost done.
    Ryner: ...... Hmm? Ah, you're right. It's already coming to an end. It's the last scene?
    Sion: That's right.
    Ferris: Hmm. It's the place where Ryner and Sion meet, a past which I'm not aware of.
    Ryner: That's nostalgic.
    Ferris: Why is that redhead girl crying?
    Ryner: ............
    Sion: ............
    Ferris: Don't tell me you guys forcibly......
    Ryner: That's not it!
    Sion: ...... But the acutal story starts from here onwards.
    Ryner: Yep.
    Ferris: It's the story about me searching for the ultimate dango.
    ($$)
    Ryner: ............ Well, and then...
    Sion: Ehhhhhh, and then... are we really doing this? Well well, that's good too. From here on, it's going to get even more exciting, so everyone, please support the anime!
    Ryner: You are pretty adult-like.
    Sion: Hehe, I guess.
    ($$)

Footnotes:
    * シオン.アホターレ (Shion Ahotaare) as opposed to シオン.アスタール (Shion Asutaaru), I'm not entirely sure of this part, but I think the last name is changed as a joke with "Aho" meaning idiot.

$$ This last part is not very intuitive in English. But it basically means that Ryner and Sion are wise enough not to disagree with Ferris.

I loved that ^conversation!!

This hilarious conversation between Sion, Ryner and Ferris reminds me of a Japanese radio program called All Night Nippon, especially of when actors and actresses of J-dramas are invited to that program to promote their series.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 29, 2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Episode 5 show

Looking forward to the next episode, hopefully it will focus more on Ryner. ^^

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Charlie's review of episode 5 show

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    Spoiler: Charlie's review of episode 5 show
    I think they're sending him a message of telling him to watch his back. Sion is aware that if he heads out publicly somewhere that he will get killed. He needs to bide his time before he can strike them first. Hence also aligning with Miron.

The Yaoi scene I was referring to was somewhere around when Fiole was serving food and Sion blushed. The whole scene of their conversation and interactions reeked of yaoi-ness to me.

With which if you carry that thought into the death scene, opens up new levels of thoughts.

Sion imho, is bordering coming out of the closet.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they're sending him a message of telling him to watch his back. Sion is aware that if he heads out publicly somewhere that he will get killed. He needs to bide his time before he can strike them first. Hence also aligning with Miron.
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    The Yaoi scene I was referring to was somewhere around when Fiole was serving food and Sion blushed
    Did he? I didn’t notice Sion blushing, his voice does change a bit after Fiole's compliments him but I don’t see any blushing. Btw, I just watched that scene again after reading your post, and ….I now can’t help but notice signs that seem yaoish during Sion and Fiole’s interactions…

Quote Quote:
    With which if you carry that thought into the death scene, opens up new levels of thoughts.
    Mmm…I think I’m going to leave that door close…otherwise I’m afraid I will start looking at Sion in a very, very different way.

Quote Quote:
    Sion imho, is bordering coming out of the closet.
    *pretends she didn’t read that line*

Episode 5

- Feris sure enjoys teasing Ryner, doesn’t she? She calls him master degenerate and a pervert…but I wonder if the real pervert is Feris herself and maybe she is just projecting those feelings on Ryner…

- I loved the way in which Ryner protected Toale’s siblings. And wow, Ryner sure has great reflexes; the way in which he easily defeated those bad guys reminded that Ryner is an excellent fighter even without using his Alpha Stigma.

-It was interesting to notice how Toale and Sion had similar situations, but how different were the paths that both of these men had decided to take. I wonder if having younger siblings would have influenced the path Sion decided to take...

-“On the bright side, at least the one killed was a commoner”. The nobles from Roland are so despicable.

-Fiole’s death was so unexpected and sad. My theory is that Miran was the one who killed Fiole. He was at the party and he had a serious motive to kill poor Fiole and he even mentioned he would do anything for a promotion, plus he reeks of pure evilness.

-I wonder if Sion’s jealousy of Ryner and Feris’ carefree journey will develop in darker feelings like resentment and hatred…

-Much to my dismay, Sion has just made a pact with the darkness. I read a fan’s comment that said “the road to hell is paved with good intentions” and it seems like Sion has stepped on said road.

Here’s an interesting chart about this series:

Thanks to Hypernova for the pic!

Thanks to larethian for the translation!

Quote Originally Posted by larethian

mutual links will not be repeated.

Ryner Lute (arufa sutiguma hojisha - bearer of alpha stigma)
    =Sion Astal (shin yuu) - trusted friend
    =Ferris Eris (taisetsu na aibou) - important partner
    =Toale Nelphi (tomodachi) - friend

Ferris Eris
    =Sion Astal (tomodachi) - friend
    =Lucile Eris (kyoudai) - siblings ("older brother and younger sister" in kanji)
    =Iris Eris (shimai, can also be read as kyoudai) - sisters

Lucile Eris
    =Sion Astal (goei, ou toshite tameshite iru) - guard, testing (Sion) as a king

Sion Astal
    =Calne Kaiwel (juushin, tomodachi) - senior statesman, friend
    =Claugh Klom (juushin, tomodachi) - senior statesman, friend
    = Rahel Miller (juushin) - senior statesman
    = Duke Stearead + Count Klasbel + Lord Parl + Lord Beril (tairitsu kankei) - antagonism

Miran Froaude
    =Sion Astal (chuusei, yami o ninau) - loyalty, to shoulder darkness

Claugh Klom
    =Calne Kaiwel (naka ga yoi) - good relationship
    =Miran Froaude (kirai, keikai) - dislike, to guard (against)

Fiole Folkal (shibou - deceased)
    =Sion Astal (tsukaeru) - to work for
    = Eslina Folkal (kyoudai) - siblings ("older brother and younger sister" in kanji)

Toale Nelphi (nerufa ou no mago - grandson of Nelpha's king)
    =Ibel, Telua (kyoudai) - siblings

Rahel Miller
    =[imi yaburi tsuigeki tai - taboo breaker pursuing corps] (karera no joushi) - their superior

Milk Callaud [imi yaburi tsuigeki tai - taboo breaker pursuing corps] (taichou - commanding officer)
    =Ryner Lute (koui) - favor (in a romantic way)
    =Ferris Eris (Raina / Ferisu o imi yaburi toshite ou) - pursuing Ryner & Ferris as taboo breakers
    =Luke Stokkart + Lear Rinkal + Raha Belarioru + Muu Belarioru (kazoku teki na tsunagari, shinrai) - bonded like family, trust

Luke Stokkart
    =Milk Callaud (hogosha teki yakuwari) - guardian-like duties
    =Lear Rinkal + Raha Belarioru + Muu Belarioru (kazoku teki na tsunagari, shinrai) - bonded like family, trust
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 01, 2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff, Destiny. I cant rep more than once . ~_~
    Saw that on the official Japanese site I believe but off-course couldn't read a thing.

Quote Quote:
    -Much to my dismay, Sion has just made a pact with the darkness. I read a fan’s comment that said “the road to hell is paved with good intentions” and it seems like Sion has stepped on said road.
    It's interesting what the chart says about Miran. "Miran Froaude
    =Sion Astal (chuusei, yami o ninau) - loyalty, to shoulder darkness".

Maybe he isn't so evil after all? Shouldn't Judge an anime character by his clothes or darkish personality perhaps.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff, Destiny. I cant rep more than once . ~_~
    It's okay. ^_^ I’m just glad you liked it.

Quote Quote:
    Saw that on the official Japanese site I believe but off-course couldn't read a thing.
    Yes, that pic is from the official Japanese site. I couldn’t understand a thing as well, thankfully another fan was kind enough to translate the chart. There is also a map that is quite informative, and it kind of makes me wonder if that will be all the places Feris and Ryner will travel to and the kingdoms Sion will try to conquer…

Quote Quote:
    It's interesting what the chart says about Miran. "Miran Froaude
    =Sion Astal (chuusei, yami o ninau) - loyalty, to shoulder darkness".
    Maybe he isn't so evil after all? Shouldn't Judge an anime character by his clothes or darkish personality perhaps.
    Oh no. Charlie has been deceived by Miran as well. Please don’t join Miran and the dark side!

Now going back to the chart, even if it says that about Miran on that chart atm, to me he is still Mr. Darkness and my # 1 suspect in Fiole’s assassination.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 02, 2010 at 02:36 PM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

just caught up with this anime.
    I'm really enjoying it, the characters esp.
    and the world that is written.
    A world with nobles and commoners, wars and a corrupted society.
    I'm really looking forward to what will happen to Sion.
    Will he remain as who he is, a good guy
    neutral or entering the darkness and become like one of them?
    Hopefully, it'll be an awesome 26 episodes.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

me too. i avoid this thread since i watch 1-5 esp in one day... i love it .. i can't wait for next esp but i am just shock that is anime has dark and light side ... i wonder who be evil or good for King ??? i hope King will became dark king with good intention ... clean noble house ... i thought King suppose more power over noble ...

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    I'm really enjoying it, the characters esp.
    Who is your favorite character?
    Quote Quote:
    I'm really looking forward to what will happen to Sion.
    Will he remain as who he is, a good guy
    neutral or entering the darkness and become like one of them?
    I’m also looking forward to what will happen to Sion as well; especially now that Miran has appeared. And after watching episode 6, my hope of Sion turning away from the dark side is not as strong as before; in fact, there were various moments during the episode where I could see Sion’s dark side starting to emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    i hope King will became dark king with good intention
    A dark king with good intentions, you mean like someone who commits evil and bad things but with the purpose of achieving a noble goal?

Quote Quote:
    i thought King suppose more power over noble ...
    In theory a king is supposed to have more power than the nobility, but…in politics things are never what they seem or how they're supposed to be.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 09, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sion inadvertently sent Miran to kill his two friends. He seems a tad shaken from that. Even though it was obvious that Miran acted on his own for Sion sake. Sion understood that as well.

I think Ryner had it correct when he said that Toale (sp) would make a better king than Sion.

I wish Ryner would be a bit more like his dark side; Who has the soothing confidence to do whatever he wants to. Rather than being "Mr. I am going to sleep" mode guy until the dark-side comes out.

It also seemed like during that confrontation, Stigma Ryner was about to appear but Ryner suppressed it.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He seems a tad shaken from that.
    He was shaken, but what kind of made me realize that Sion is getting closer to the darkness instead of returning to the light was the fact that he was okay with Miran killing the other nobles and when the possibility of Miran killing his friends appeared instead of facing it and trying to look into it he dismissed it.

Quote Quote:
    I wish Ryner would be a bit more like his dark side; Who has the soothing confidence to do whatever he wants to. Rather than being "Mr. I am going to sleep" mode guy until the dark-side comes out.
    I actually think that even in lazy mode Ryner is confident and does what he wants. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think Ryner has been manipulated into doing something he doesn’t want, at least so far he hasn’t.
    Quote Quote:
    It also seemed like during that confrontation, Stigma Ryner was about to appear but Ryner suppressed it.
    That part reminded me of Code Geass so much. And yes, Alpha Stigma was emerging but Ryner was able to suppress it. What I found interesting was the fact that it seemed like what makes Alpha Stigma come to the surface is telling/ordering Ryner to die.

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast