Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu (The Legend of the Legendary Heroes)

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    He was shaken, but what kind of made me realize that Sion is getting closer to the darkness instead of returning to the light was the fact that he was okay with Miran killing the other nobles and when the possibility of Miran killing his friends appeared instead of facing it and trying to look into it he dismissed it.
    And I'll add that he quickly brushed it off. At-least that was the portrayal I perceived from that scene.

Quote Quote:
    I actually think that even in lazy mode Ryner is confident and does what he wants. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think Ryner has been manipulated into doing something he doesn’t want, at least so far he hasn’t.
    Well that is true, he chooses to follow whatever he decides. He could easily prevent anyone from doing anything to him. If he was against not doing something.

Quote Quote:
    That part reminded me of Code Geass so much. And yes, Alpha Stigma was emerging but Ryner was able to suppress it. What I found interesting was the fact that it seemed like what makes Alpha Stigma come to the surface is telling/ordering Ryner to die.
    Interesting observation, perhaps when his life is in danger from a serious attack (life threatening)... the stigma awakens?

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-San View Post
    And I'll add that he quickly brushed it off. At-least that was the portrayal I perceived from that scene.
    I perceived the same thing. In a way I think Sion dismissed the possibility of Miran trying to kill his friends so quickly because doing that allow him to not let even a bit of remorse enter his mind and heart.

Quote Quote:
    Well that is true, he chooses to follow whatever he decides. He could easily prevent anyone from doing anything to him. If he was against not doing something.
    Yep. He might complain sometimes but if he is doing something is because he is okay with it and he wants to do it.

Quote Quote:
    Interesting observation, perhaps when his life is in danger from a serious attack (life threatening)... the stigma awakens?
    I think that is exactly what happens. I think Alpha Stigma is to Ryner
    Spoiler: Bleach show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan and for my awesome sig, Reverzer0!

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A dark king with good intentions, you mean like someone who commits evil and bad things but with the purpose of achieving a noble goal?

In theory a king is supposed to have more power than the nobility, but…in politics things are never what they seem or how they're supposed to be.

purpose of achieving a noble goal .. i thought King want to cleanse Noble houses .. stop greed and prevent repeat cycle greed and war..
    IF king is weak then Noble can overtake it ... why Noble wait for it or weak moment of King but I think People knowledge of King was Hero of War.. mean Noble can't touch it but can kill in assassin..

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raptor02_2001 View Post
    i thought King want to cleanse Noble houses .. stop greed and prevent repeat cycle greed and war..
    Ah. Well the reason why Sion wanted to become the king of Roland was because he wanted to change a lot of things that were wrong with that kingdom, including the ones you mentioned, greed and corruption with which the nobility of Roland had been contaminated; and you’re right he also wanted to bring peace to his nation. So his intentions were noble and good at the beginning. However, as I mentioned before, the road to hell is paved with good intentions and Sion has stepped on said road; in fact, he has started to walk on said road.

Quote Quote:
    IF king is weak then Noble can overtake it ... why Noble wait for it or weak moment of King but I think People knowledge of King was Hero of War.. mean Noble can't touch it but can kill in assassin..
    It is because the people of Roland see Sion as a hero of war and as a noble and good king that the nobility can’t touch him within Roland’s territory, that’s why they were planning to kill him once Sion were to visit the neighboring kingdom. Sion knew that and took the proper “precautions” (a.k.a Sion asking Miran to take care of everything) to stop that from happening.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 10, 2010 at 01:22 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that is true then if Sion was killed in neighboring kingdom mean more war... Damn Sion was stuck between Village and Noble ...
    I hope Some noble will side with Sion ...
    esp 6 came out .. i will back to watch it if i has time ...

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 7

It was nice to see flashback from Ryners and milks past. Seems like Ryner does not remember it however. Poor milk, she went from being the first wheel to the third . (Ferris, Kiefer, Milk)
    I wished we could’ve gotten to see more of Ryner’s past.

Ryner managed to find one of those hero items, it was funny how he managed to activate it then opting to run away rather than trying to stop it. Just like in the first ep. ^^

I don’t really blame him either, that monster dragon looked pretty dangerous.

Seems like there is a rebellion under way, and wow did you guys see Sion’s reaction to the news?
    Definitely a cut throat type scene.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was an enjoyable episode, it made me laugh a few times and I’m always grateful for some laughs.

Episode 7
    It was nice to see flashback from Ryners and milks past.
    Yes, it was very nice to learn a bit more about Ryner’s past. And it seems like things in the “orphanage” were Milk and Ryner were raised were really hard and difficult.

Quote Quote:
    Seems like Ryner does not remember it however.
    Maybe I’m wrong but I have the feeling that Ryner does remember Milk but for some reason he is acting like he doesn’t…

However, events in life do have more impact on some people than on others, so maybe Ryner offering Milky a helping hand was more meaningful to her than to him and that’s why she remembers that event so clearly while Ryner doesn’t.

Quote Quote:
    Poor milk, she went from being the first wheel to the third . (Ferris, Kiefer, Milk)
    I wonder if Milk was ever even a wheel, I think it was all one-sided. Poor Milk.

Quote Quote:
    I wished we could’ve gotten to see more of Ryner’s past.
    I agree.

Quote Quote:
    Ryner managed to find one of those hero items, it was funny how he managed to activate it then opting to run away rather than trying to stop it.
    It was funny indeed. I was expecting for Feris and Ryner to do something to stop the dragon, but no, their way to “put an end to it” was to turn their backs and leave the place.

Quote Quote:
    I don’t really blame him either, that monster dragon looked pretty dangerous.
    While it was very Ryner and Feris-ish for them to do that, it wasn’t very heroic or responsible.

Quote Quote:
    Seems like there is a rebellion under way, and wow did you guys see Sion’s reaction to the news?
    Definitely a cut throat type scene.
    Good point. Sion’s expression spoke louder than 100 words. Btw, another fan of the series mentioned this about episode 6

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37
    Talking about Sion and how he is being blinded by his ambitions, after watching the 720p version did anyone notice that when he was looking outside the window talking about how he would never make a blunder like that, the reflection showed an evil smiling Sion on the glass staring at him back.
    I rewatched that scene and yes, he did. Dark Sion has appeared and he is here to stay.

-The scene when Sion visited Fiole’s tombstone was sad, but during the first moments of that scene all that I could think of was your post about their kind of *cough*yaoi*cough* relationship.

-And now Fiole’s sister has decided to serve Sion as well, I hope she doesn’t meet the same fate that her brother did.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 13, 2010 at 07:34 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I’m wrong but I have the feeling that Ryner does remember Milk but for some reason he is acting like he doesn't…
    Ah.............I know the answer to this, but I cant say due to wiki spoiler...............................spoiler........................ darn it.

Quote Quote:
    It was funny indeed. I was expecting for Feris and Ryner to do something to stop the dragon, but no, their way to “put an end to it” was to turn their backs and leave the place.

While it was very Ryner and Feris-ish for them to do that, it wasn’t very heroic or responsible.
    Yeah just like in episode one I believe . I actually like this part about them, I suppose its one of the gags.

Quote Quote:
    Good point. Sion’s expression spoke louder than 100 words. Btw, another fan of the series mentioned this about episode 6

I rewatched that scene and yes, he did. Dark Sion has appeared and he is here to stay.

-The scene when Sion visited Fiole’s tombstone was sad, but during the first moments of that scene all that I could think of was your post about their kind of *cough*yaoi*cough* relationship.
    I couldn't see that miror reflection smile in the version I watched, unfortunately. When they showed that part of the scene with Sion and Fiole, I thought..... oh not this yaoi stuff again.

Quote Quote:
    -And now Fiole’s sister has decided to serve Sion as well, I hope she doesn'tI meet the same fate that her brother did.
    Yeah, I hope so as well. Although her willingness to become Sion's underling like her brother, seemed slightly creepy from the tone or vibe of their conversation, at least to me.
    Last edited by Charlie; August 14, 2010 at 10:18 AM.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah.............I know the answer to this, but I cant say due to wiki spoiler...............................spoiler........................ darn it.
    So it seems my hunch was right. yay! Ryner does remember Milk.

Quote Quote:
    Yeah just like in episode one I believe .
    Maybe because it wasn’t that good, but I don’t remember the majority of episode 1. I vaguely remember Ryner and Feris fighting against something but I don’t remember anything else about that part of episode 1.

Quote Quote:
    When they showed that part of the scene with Sion and Fiole, I thought..... oh not this yaoi stuff again.
    I had a feeling you would notice the yaoiness of that scene as well.

Quote Quote:
    Although her willingness to become Sion's underling like her brother, seemed slightly creepy from the tone or vibe of their conversation, at least to me.
    You’re right…maybe she has ulterior motives and her desire to serve Sion is just a way to hide her desire to avenge her brother’s death and a path to actually put that desire into action.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 8 raw*

The episode focused mostly on the rebellion with Estabul nation. The princess was being used by her vessels, sadly. She was lead to make war with Roland and Sion takes action quickly. by giving Miran the okay to his dirty work.

Miran vs Claugh (I think) wasn’t really interesting because it didn’t go anywhere, thanks to the princes’s quick thinking.

I was expecting a lot more from this episode, so it was a bit disappointing. Ryner and Feris only had a couple minutes of air time, which was a tad sad.

The preview on the other hand, seem to indicate that the next episode is going to be hot, and make up for this one.

On the upside - Hints of romantic relationship between the Princess and Claugh.
    For those that care - . (^^

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 8

-So the one behind the Estabul revolt was Mr. Darkness. The fact that Sion was able to see right through Miran’s actions speaks volumes of how intelligent and perceptive Sion is. However, he did nothing against Miran, so in a way Sion is as guilty as Miran of the revolt, a revolt that cost so many lives.

-Noa. She has become an instant fav of mine. She is now my favorite girl in this series. She is beautiful, kind, intelligent, brave, she is great! The fact that she also desires a world where people could be happy makes me think of how cool a Ryner x Noa pairing would be, since the two of them want the same thing.

-Claugh. *swoons* He is awesome!! Crimson Fingered Claugh. It was interesting and cool to see him fight, since he doesn’t use a sword to do it. Instead of a sword he uses his right hand, which it is very powerful and can easily defeat Claugh’s opponents. The red star on Claugh’s arm reminded me of the star that appears inside Ryner’s eye, which makes me wonder if Claugh and Ryner’s power come from the same source… Either way, Claugh’s power is special and I wasn’t the only one who noticed that since Noa also noticed something special about his power and that’s why she said:

“That power is…For the sake of the people of Estabul, we cannot lose this man…We musn’t!”

Mmm…maybe Claugh’s power was originally from Estabul? I’m really curious about Claugh and I can’t wait to learn more about him.

-Miran… he is horrible!! Sion is playing with fire by trusting Mr. Darkness. Miran is as evil as he is terrifying; that dragon (the one from the ring) of his is so powerful and lethal.

-I was so glad that Claugh arrived just in time to save Noa from Miran.

-Claugh blushing righ after Noa thanked him for helping her to stand up was so adorable. While I would like to see a Noa x Ryner pairing, I’m not opposed to a Noa x Claugh one. I like the red and blue couple.

-Seeing Sion feeling some remorse about the revolt gave me some hope that maybe Sion could return to the light instead of getting closer and closer to the dark side.

-Iris’s drawings were funny.

-"A hero relic? They really existed…?" Hearing Sion saying that reminded me of something I wrote in one of my previous posts:
    I wonder if Sion did that because he actually had some faith in Ryner’s report/idea of how to achieve peace and exterminate war, or if he sent them on that journey because it was the only way in which he could save Ryner from death penalty…
    I think he sent them on that journey because he wanted to protect Ryner but now that Sion knows that the relics do exist he might have started to see Ryner’s idea as an actual way to achieve peace and exterminate war.

- "The information comes from him…" I wonder who is that “him” Miller was referring to…

I liked this episode, there wasn’t a lot of action but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Judging by the preview, it seems the next episode will be a great one so I’m really looking forward to it.

. by giving Miran the okay to his dirty work.
    Yes and no at the same time. Sion didn’t stop Miran, but he put Claugh in charge of the attack. Attacking Noa’s castle was all Miran’s doing. But as I said, Sion is as guilty as Miran for that revolt.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 20, 2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a couple of episodes behind but I think this is a great anime so far I'm glad my brother managed to convinced me to pick this up despite the off-putting title XD Well really it was the name "Fukuyama Jun" that sealed the deal and he's been great as Ryner ^^

By the way, I found the manga available online on the Shounen Gangan website here ^^ Interestingly, it starts immediately with the happenings of episode 3 and the aftermath of Ryner losing control (?) of the Alpha Stigma then going back to when Sion was recruiting Ryner to join his team for war games. The manga will be released every month online, which is pretty cool

22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the this thread, saladesu!! I’m so glad to hear/read you are enjoying this anime.

I agree, the name for the series could have been a bit better…mmm…which makes me wonder, what name would you have chosen for this series?

And ITA, Jun has been amazing as Ryner. It was this anime that turned Jun into one of my favorite seiyuu.

Thanks for the info about the manga, it is pretty cool news.

And going back to the anime, who is your favorite character so far?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Heroes Ep 9 raww

This was the kind of episode I was hoping for last week. So it started with Ryner’s past with him being one of the few survivors after some war or directly after. Then it switches to the present and we get to see a little bit of Iris and her interaction with Ryner was great.

Turns out she misplaced the letter that Sion wrote for Ryner. Most likely the fault lies with Ferris taking the dangos out of the bag, because the letter was stuck on the box.

Shortly thereafter, Ryner and Feris run into those two people, whom they’ve met in an earlier episode. Feris and Ryner notice they have the hero relic that Ryner abandoned.

After a few small talk, a fight ensues.

Sui activates a crystal and it makes Ryner turn in to his Alpha Stigma form.
    In AS mode, Ryner makes quick work of Sui and destroyed his hand along with the hero relic that he possessed. Sui got more than what he asked for, and believes that Ryners AS, is no ordinary one.

His sister comes to the rescue and they manage to make an escape. Meanwhile, Ryner on the other hand, just destroys everything in sight.

We get another flash before returning to Ryner in the present. Sadly, the episode ends there. >

The preview shows Ryner was still going out of control and Ferris was trying to stop him.

Too bad we have to wait for another week to see what happens.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Epidsode 9 was great. We get to see other artifact finders and the way they use the artifacts. The scythe and comb had interesting abilities. Can't wait to see more of them.

The preview for next weeks episode looks really cool as well. Ferris is trying to bring Ryner back but it looks like he's attacking her. I wonder how she's going to save him?

27. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast