Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can Naruto's parents still train him?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member The_Drunk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Naruto's parents still train him?

In recent chapters we've been exposed to some of Naruto's possible future abilities, and have been left one annoying question. Why hasn't Naruto learned any of his parents abilities, and will he ever learn them. Since the beginning of the manga we've seen jutsu's that have been passed down from parents to their kids except for two people that I can think of. One being Naruto and the other being Sakura. (kinda strange we never see Sakura's parents isn't it... possible future growth in future chapters) Finally we've been given an insight into the abilities of Naruto's parents and jutsu's Naruto should be able to master fairly easily, but without his parents who will teach him. As of right now Kushina is explaining the past, but once she reveals everything to him will Kushina simply disappear, leaving Naruto with little knowledge of his clans abilities? Hopefully Kushina summons a scroll with the knowledge of her clan and some of Minato's abilities aswell. Just like the scroll Naruto stole to learn the annoying kage bushin. I believe she still has the abilities to summon even in her current state. If she does provide Naruto with help developing his skills what do you think they will be?
    Last edited by The_Drunk; July 16, 2010 at 08:32 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tahl's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can Naruto's parents still train him?

Although it's a nice thought I doubt it, half of the characters 'character' is in their ninja techniques so I don't Naruto learning the teleportation jutsu anytime soon and don't forget that Rasengan is Minatos technique that naruto perfected.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that they can still train him, but they can point him in the right direction. For instance, Minato was the hokage. As such, he knew that he could be killed at any time, any shinobi could, but Minato's job was to step up in a crisis. As such, I wouldn't be surprised if Kushina mentioned that Minato left some scrolls for Naruto in a secret place (like where he went to hide Kushina & Naruto). Just like how Itachi told Sasuke to go to the Uchiha secret room under the 7th tatami mat, Naruto might be sent to that lair.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

4. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Truefan21's Avatar
    Looking over Sasuke's gravestone with joy
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

It would redefine the term ass pull. I prefer to see him train in the real world, it feels more "right".
    For those who thank forums are for praise and worship think again http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=157

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

you forgot rock lee, tenten, and neji... o.o

only the 9 we see coming out of the academy at the beginning follow that (not of all them). They're also kakashi, konahamaru, the 3 senin and lots more o.o

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why hide the scroll if any,sarutobi learned countless jutsu from the hokage library.we all know naruto has pull with tsunade.the uchiha hid theirs because of the secret eye techs.minato was hokage,his jutsus weren't exactly secret,so they have to be in the library.as for parents,i think not all are ninja,sakura's mom was home when she went to give those medical snacks to naruto.shikamaru's mom is always home and it would seem that lee is orphaned also.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that kushina is still alive in the narutoverse it is possible. If kushina is still alive she might know minato's jutus and show hers as well. In another way naruto might learn jutus at the moment in the chapters.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    why hide the scroll if any,sarutobi learned countless jutsu from the hokage library.we all know naruto has pull with tsunade.the uchiha hid theirs because of the secret eye techs.minato was hokage,his jutsus weren't exactly secret,so they have to be in the library.as for parents,i think not all are ninja,sakura's mom was home when she went to give those medical snacks to naruto.shikamaru's mom is always home and it would seem that lee is orphaned also.
    They could be hidden because they wanted the jutsu for Naruto specifically. Or they could be hidden just because of the way things ended that night and the could have just been left in Minato's lair (if that place is his lair).

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Trafalgar SoD's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Naruto would like to learn some of his parents techniques, but on how he learns them he's going to have to do some research, talk with some people, read some books, and just have them pop out of nowhere (puberty).

I would love to see Naruto do the same thing Minato did to Madara but with his own spin on it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    well if the hirashin, is just a jutsu that is displayed in the library, how come there's no other ninja doing it, like kakashi, or even pervy sage?

Whay haven't Minato taught those 2 guys, the only reason I can think of is that he wants his secret techniques pass to his legacy, which is Naruto

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what if they were incapable of doing them,i mean naruto's rasengan surpassed jiraiya's in part 1.kakashi doesn't have enough stamina/chakra to do the time space techniques.he's a counter guy just like jiraiya,minato is definitely offensive.i think minato was the kind of teacher to share jutsu,but not all had the capability.he left naruto the power of the fox,he could have easily left knowledge of techniques also in the seal.why forget such a big piece of development when he knew his son would one day control kyubi's chakra?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zagorka's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I doubt that they can still train him, but they can point him in the right direction. For instance, Minato was the hokage. As such, he knew that he could be killed at any time, any shinobi could, but Minato's job was to step up in a crisis. As such, I wouldn't be surprised if Kushina mentioned that Minato left some scrolls for Naruto in a secret place (like where he went to hide Kushina & Naruto). Just like how Itachi told Sasuke to go to the Uchiha secret room under the 7th tatami mat, Naruto might be sent to that lair.
    Or Kushina will transfer knowledge to Naruto by way of some unknown yet convenient technique that will allow him to know whatever techniques she wants him to know. And it's not like it's impossible. Itachi did it for Sasuke, and I'm guessing for Naruto as well.

Either way, like Truefan stated, it's all pulled out of the air, and that is bad writing in itself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fistsofrage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if she doesn't teach naruto the seal techniques, the leftovers of their clan are scattered around the world and naruto's four elephant seal seemed to evolve into a stronger one when he got the kyuubi's chakra. He has a lot of training to do and bee is the person for the job at the moment.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zagorka View Post
    Or Kushina will transfer knowledge to Naruto by way of some unknown yet convenient technique that will allow him to know whatever techniques she wants him to know. And it's not like it's impossible. Itachi did it for Sasuke, and I'm guessing for Naruto as well.

Either way, like Truefan stated, it's all pulled out of the air, and that is bad writing in itself.
    It wont be pulled out of the air if they tell him where to look. If they just gift it to him and he can instantly use it, it will be out of thin air. No one would begrudge a parent for leaving behind some things for their child (or a loved one collecting them to present to the child at a later date), especially Minato who at some point realized he was going to die and placed Kyuubi in his son to fight Madara. Why couldn't he have left something with the toads, the third, or just lying about in his lair? For all we know, Kakashi could have Minato's Hirashin kunai and Naruto may reverse engineer it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GyoMasta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Minato and Kushian left some ninja scroll behing, but I doubt they'll ever train Naruto in the Inner Soul/spirit Realm as they can't maintain contact with naruot for very long. last time, after reclosing the seal and talking to Naruto, Minato said his chakra was running out or something and that he no longer had enough time to stay with him and now the same thing is happenning to Kushina.

Even though part of tehir spirit wa sealed inside Naruto they're still dead, just liek Jor-El for Superman but tehy can't maintain communication much longer or the remaninig chakra runs out. So it's quite unlikely taht Naruto will ever learn that more from his parents since this might be the last time he sees them.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast